Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Hi I bought 4 small sets from uk pharmacy and I got and 3 emails yesterday at the same time; 2 of the same box and one of someones arm lol

Then today I got 3 texts with 3 pin numbers. The items were shipped together on the same day so will I be charged 3 times or was it PM error sending me 3 pics and 3 texts?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

foxy_j wrote: »
    Hi I bought 4 small sets from uk pharmacy and I got and 3 emails yesterday at the same time; 2 of the same box and one of someones arm lol

Then today I got 3 texts with 3 pin numbers. The items were shipped together on the same day so will I be charged 3 times or was it PM error sending me 3 pics and 3 texts?

Thanks

I'd advise you to log a support ticket with them fj.

Thanks i'll do that now. also when i logged in and checked my statement it showed this;
    Time
    Transaction Type
    Amount
    Balance
    02/01/2016 14:57
    Card Purchase
    €3.95
    €3.95

02/01/2016 14:57
    Credit Use
    -€3.95
    €0.00

02/01/2016 15:02
    Card Purchase
    €3.95
    €3.95

02/01/2016 15:02
    Credit Use
    -€3.95
    €0.00

02/01/2016 15:11
    Card Purchase
    €3.95
    €3.95

02/01/2016 15:11
    Credit Use
    -€3.95
    €0.00

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I much preferred when they started.
    There was much more information in relation to the tracking of parcels

Generally this was as in 2012
    Mon 17 Dec 15:51 Belfast Package left depot
    Mon 17 Dec 20:23 Dublin Package received at depot
    Mon 17 Dec 21:00 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Mon 17 Dec 21:03 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Mon 17 Dec 23:28 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored
    Wed 19 Dec 13:15 Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer

I'm waiting on 3 packages and this is the only info

Time Location Event
    Sat 2 Jan 14:39 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Sat 2 Jan 14:31 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel

From the courier tracking I can see 1 was delivered: "We have a record of item xxx as being delivered from Newtownabbey DO on 2015-12-31"
    Another delivered yesterday
    02-JAN-2016 07:35 DELIVERED - No Signature Newtownabbey DO

Another Delivered
    Latest update: Saturday, 2 Jan 07:35 Your parcel was delivered
    Newtownabbey DO

It looks like I'm missing one so I'm hoping it turns up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Still waiting for this to be checked in. Opened a ticket yesterday and still no response 20 hours later. Anyone else still experiencing delays?

I'm also still waiting on my parcel to be logged in their system which was delivered to them last Thursday morning (31st) at approximately 8:30am. I've raised a ticket this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I am trying to order from a company in the UK, they offer free delivery to UK mainland but charge £18 to Northern Ireland.

Have you a UK mainland address we can use?

eek it turns out there is a two aerosol cans limit per package rule by Royal mail so there retailer sent me 4 sets in 5 packages!!

Still waiting on two but its not worth collecting them the charges are more than they are worth :(

Thanks

eek it turns out there is a two aerosol cans limit per package rule by Royal mail so there retailer sent me 4 sets in 5 packages!!

Still waiting on two but its not worth collecting them the charges are more than they are worth

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Still waiting on two but its not worth collecting them the charges are more than they are worth

You'll be charged whether you collect them or not I think. You've already used the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

dusf wrote: »
    I am trying to order from a company in the UK, they offer free delivery to UK mainland but charge £18 to Northern Ireland.

Have you a UK mainland address we can use?

No there is no mainland UK address

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    You'll be charged whether you collect them or not I think. You've already used the service.

I was wondering how this works? I had my card registered so when items arrived in they were automatically sent to my PM locker and my card charged.

I removed my card from the site today and read that if insufficent credit is in your account when a package arrives they alert you of the arrival in dublin hub and ask you to top up before you'll get a pin to retrieve from the locker.

It says on their site that after 3 attempts at not being collected the item will be disposed of after 30 days.

So not sure will they pursue the charges if i leave the stuff go?

Thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Seems to be some kind of delay, they signed for a package at Newtonabbey this morning very early but sitll no sign of it in my account.

Some of us a still waiting for packages that arrived on the 31st to appear on our accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

anyone know when they changed the address to north city business park. I used the old address at mygan park as i didn't know it had been changed so not sure ill get anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I am still waiting to hear back from their support 6 days after lodging a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

sending back 2 parcels to amazon via parcel motel, set of speakers one came broken and a 2nd hard drive caddy, wrong size, they are booked in, can i send from any parcel motel depot or just my own registered one

Raised a couple of tickets 2 days ago and still nothing. An update, any update would be nice.

best to phone directly or talk to them on twitter, i got instant response both ways

best to phone directly or talk to them on twitter, i got instant response both ways

They no longer have a public phone number

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203592421-What-is-the-Parcel-Motel-phone-number-

Tried using the widget and never got a response. Best sign up to twitter then.

nightline office is in same building see below

+44 (0) 28 9084 8411 n.ireland
    1890 321 890 s.ireland
    +353 (0)1 883 5400

• Advertisement

id say nothing except give number, u can track your item more detailed on the nightline website with same tracking number
    http://www.nightline.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    anyone know when they changed the address to north city business park. I used the old address at mygan park as i didn't know it had been changed so not sure ill get anything now.

They moved in April. I have an email dated April 26th saying

We're contacting you to let you know that WE HAVE MOVED!

Our new home is 5 minutes away from our previous depot at Unit C1 North City Business Park, North Road, Dublin 11.

The oversized parcel we are holding for you has been moved to this location so this is where you will need to come to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Finally got an email to say my parcel is in the Dublin sorting depot. Hopefully it will be delivered by tomorrow.

fran426ft wrote: »
    Finally got an email to say my parcel is in the Dublin sorting depot. Hopefully it will be delivered by tomorrow.

Just checked my pm account and I can see that my parcel in in transit at last too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just an update

My last parcel was put in the locker at 08:30 this morning, but I did not receive any notification until 15:00 today.

I just got an email from parcel motel saying that
    "We wanted to let you know that we experienced an error in our automated notification system last night. As a result some email and text notifications regarding parcels that were stored, were delayed and were not sent until today.
    This will mean that some customers may receive their 24 hour notification warning sooner that expected.
    The error has now been resolved and we apologise if it has caused any inconvenience"

• I'm returning something to John Lewis and have the option of using Collect+, Royal Mail or myHermes. Could someone advise me which would be the smartest one to use with PM please?

:edit: I went with Royal Mail. However I'm just after realising I used DPD's Parcel Wizard to get the item. Can I still use Parcel Motel to do the return?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

So is DPD wizard with their virtual uk address option just the best way to go now?given they deliver to your door and parcel motel means collecting from somewhere. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

So is DPD wizard with their virtual uk address option just the best way to go now?given they deliver to your door and parcel motel means collecting from somewhere. Any opinions?

It's if you are at home to collect it, PM is handy if you work so you are not at home to collect it and cannot get deliver parcels at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

Hi, I just ordered from Amazon using Parcel Motel UK Address is now saying on Amazon it's been delivered to 'Newtownabbey DO'. This Parcel Motel right? Nothing coming up in my Account on parcel motel website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

millgate1 wrote: »
    Hi, I just ordered from Amazon using Parcel Motel UK Address is now saying on Amazon it's been delivered to 'Newtownabbey DO'. This Parcel Motel right? Nothing coming up in my Account on parcel motel website.

Wait a few hours and brush up on your English.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement