Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

recipio wrote: »
    Wait a few hours and brush up on your English.:D
    Apologies, I was typing on the go x)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

millgate1 wrote: »
    Hi, I just ordered from Amazon using Parcel Motel UK Address is now saying on Amazon it's been delivered to 'Newtownabbey DO'. This Parcel Motel right? Nothing coming up in my Account on parcel motel website.

Yes thats parcel motel. You should have your package a day or two later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

syklops wrote: »
    Yes thats parcel motel. You should have your package a day or two later.

Thank you for confirming, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I forgot to collect my parcel. What's happens now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

That's ok. Will it be still there tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

No. It gets sent back to the depot and then back to the lockers.

You will get a new email / text with the password when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I forgot to collect my parcel. What's happens now?

You have 48 hrs to collect. You should get a message from PM after 24 hrs.

You have 48 hrs to collect. You should get a message from PM after 24 hrs.

Yeah I got that message it will be 48 hours in one hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Has anyone had any issues when sending a parcel and the receiver never received it?

I posted clothes back to an online shop on the 19th December and they still haven't received it. I'm being fobbed off by PM now and it's gone past the date of returns, they are now ignoring my messages!! Online tracker says it's in the Waterford depot since 21/12.

• Advertisement

The claim process is a lengthy one. Keep ag them, everyday! Good luck.

Thanks I have been, so far getting nowhere!! Some pain, I never have problems getting parcels from them :(

Has anyone a contact number for them? I feel like I'm going to loose my cool today :(

michellie wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues when sending a parcel and the receiver never received it?

I posted clothes back to an online shop on the 19th December and they still haven't received it. I'm being fobbed off by PM now and it's gone past the date of returns, they are now ignoring my messages!! Online tracker says it's in the Waterford depot since 21/12.

I posted a faulty kettle back to Amazon on Dec 14 and now I am being charged for the replacement. I used PMs 'collect + ' service, printing out the barcode etc but its clearly not that reliable. PM are to 'get back to me '.

I posted a faulty kettle back to Amazon on Dec 14 and now I am being charged for the replacement. I used PMs 'collect + ' service, printing out the barcode etc but its clearly not that reliable. PM are to 'get back to me '.

I was sending clothes back to Getthelabel.com through their online thing too. They told me my parcel got mixed up with their littlewoods order and it was to be posted 10 days ago. It still hasn't been received, no reply from anyone today. I'm fuming at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I just collected three packages delivered to my parcel mote locker, and one of them had giant whole in the side of it, as if someone ripped it open to see what was inside. I highly doubt it was an accident and looks very intentional. It had some small items inside, and one of them fell out as I was putting the package in the car.

I didn't have time to check the contents of all the packages before I had to leave for work as it was one order sent in three different packages.

I have already reached out to Nightline regarding this.

Has anyone had anything like this happened to them with parcel mote.

I just collected three packages delivered to my parcel mote locker, and one of them had giant whole in the side of it, as if someone ripped it open to see what was inside. I highly doubt it was an accident and looks very intentional. It had some small items inside, and one of them fell out as I was putting the package in the car.

I didn't have time to check the contents of all the packages before I had to leave for work as it was one order sent in three different packages.

I was sending clothes back to Getthelabel.com through their online thing too. They told me my parcel got mixed up with their littlewoods order and it was to be posted 10 days ago. It still hasn't been received, no reply from anyone today. I'm fuming at this stage!

They are really extracting the urine now, It turns out my package has been sitting in their depot for a month. I had to send on the Amazon return label again despite it being carefully applied by me before putting it into their system.Really unprofessional - sorry - Kafkaeque :eek:

They are really extracting the urine now. It turns out my package has been sitting in their depot for a month. I had to send on the Amazon return label again despite it being carefully applied by me before putting it into their system.Really unprofessional - sorry - Kafkaesque :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hi Guys. Sorry to ask a question that may have been answered multiple times, but since the site search function is not working, perhaps someone here can help me? :)

Is it possible to get stuff delivered to Parcel Motel NI from Argos UK site?

I cannot seem to enter my PM ID into the address section of the UK site.

Even if that's possible to work around, will they accept by Irish debit card?

Thanls, and sorry for the dumb questions!! :D

Edit: Ah nevermind, I managed to put through an order and they cancelled it 3 mins later :mad:

Fcuk em if they don't want my money :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thor wrote: »

Did it look damaged in the check in photo's at the depot ?

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hi Guys. Sorry to ask a question that may have been answered multiple times, but since the site search function is not working, perhaps someone here can help me? :)

Is it possible to get stuff delivered to Parcel Motel NI from Argos UK site?

I cannot seem to enter my PM ID into the address section of the UK site.

Even if that's possible to work around, will they accept by Irish debit card?

Thanls, and sorry for the dumb questions!! :D

Edit: Ah nevermind, I managed to put through an order and they cancelled it 3 mins later :mad:

Fcuk em if they don't want my money :pac:

Some UK outlets will deliver no problem,some will apply a surcharge and some will refuse outright.
    I'm afraid you cannot use a debit card online in another country - its got to be Paypal or a credit card.Is there an Irish Argos online site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Some UK outlets will deliver no problem,some will apply a surcharge and some will refuse outright.
    I'm afraid you cannot use a debit card online in another country - its got to be Paypal or a credit card.Is there an Irish Argos online site ?

Yes, there is an Irish site, however the item I am trying to buy is out of stock since the begining of November.

When I saw it on the UK site, and saw that they had stock in Belfast/Newtownabbey, I decided to try send it to PM.

I was able to pay for the item, the money has left my account, but the email from Argos to cancel the order stated that this money would be refunded.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did it look damaged in the check in photo's at the depot ?

The box looks fine in the image, but the hole was on the side of the box, so you can't tell from the image alone

Here is an image of the hole.

VLgyj6h.jpg

There was one item missing from the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thor wrote: »
    The box looks fine in the image, but the hole was on the side of the box, so you can't tell from the image alone

Here is an image of the hole.

VLgyj6h.jpg

There was one item missing from the package.

Looks like it was squashed into a locker to small and then someone ripped it pulling it back out to put into a bigger locker.

Were the items in the box expensive? Either way photo the contents and the damage to the box and ring PM tomorrow and explain what happened.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Looks like it was squashed into a locker to small and then someone ripped it pulling it back out to put into a bigger locker.

Were the items in the box expensive? Either way photo the contents and the damage to the box and ring PM tomorrow and explain what happened.

Already contacted them and informed them of it. Now waiting on a reply.

I doubt it happened when putting in the locker. They determine the locker size on check-in and that didn't change when I collected it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Have to give credit where it's due. The motel in Kilkenny wasn't working earlier this afternoon, and I had to pick up my parcel today or else I would have to have it redelivered, as it would be past 48 hours.

By 5pm, they had the motel up and running again, and I was able to pick up the parcel this evening, after I had a free stay credited to my account in case I wasn't able to.

A rare positive experience with PM customer support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

If I get an item sent from the US (It's skincare stuff as a gift for someone) with a value of $154 will parcelmotel accept it? I'm not sure with customs etc.

Shane15 wrote: »
    If I get an item sent from the US (It's skincare stuff as a gift for someone) with a value of $154 will parcelmotel accept it? I'm not sure with customs etc.

No, they will not accept items on which duty is payable.
    Your best bet is to try and use USPS direct to your door. Small packages tend to slip through without duty unlike couriers which charge on behalf of the customs service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

anyone know a parcel motel equiavalent for Poland?

The online shop I'm buying from doesn't deliver there but does to Germany and the UK.

Any solutions?

• Advertisement

Dots1982 wrote: »
    anyone know a parcel motel equiavalent for Poland?

The online shop I'm buying from doesn't deliver there but does to Germany and the UK.

Any solutions?

UK mainland only ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement