Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

recipio wrote: »
    UK mainland only ?

not sure if they go to the North but they don't deliver to the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dots1982 wrote: »
    anyone know a parcel motel equiavalent for Poland?

The online shop I'm buying from doesn't deliver there but does to Germany and the UK.

Any solutions?

If they deliver to Germany try Mailbox.de

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I ordered a small item on eBay before Xmas 16th Dec to have as a present. It wasn't an important item so I didn't follow up much. I.emailed the seller after Xmas about it. They advised that it had been sent out and indeed I had the dispatch notification at the time.

I checked my parcel motel account and I saw I had got charged twice for receiving two items around the time in December as I had actually ordered two items but only received one.

Anyway the missing item turned up delivered to my pm motel a month later. As I mentioned, it wasn't important but this isn't the first time I've had something sent to PM that simply disappeared temporarily into the ether only to reappear sometime later. The last time it happened was my phone so I was on the ball straight away.

But there's something odd about how packages just get received in parcel motel and then can simply be hiding somewhere until they get found.again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Having an issue with a delivery,does anyone know if there is a phone number i can get them on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

NATLOR wrote: »
    Having an issue with a delivery,does anyone know if there is a phone number i can get them on?

This is the only thing that annoys the shít out of me with parcel motel - their refusal to provide a telephone number that you can reach an actual human being on. They have a great service but refusing to deal with telephone queries just comes across as them being too cheap to have staff to handle the phonelines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

This is the only thing that annoys the shít out of me with parcel motel - their refusal to provide a telephone number that you can reach an actual human being on. They have a great service but refusing to deal with telephone queries just comes across as them being too cheap to have staff to handle the phonelines.

Ive a notion there used to be a phone numbers on the lockers themselves that you could phone if the locker wouldnt open or the screen was broken etc...

Anyway, try this:
    http://www.nightline.ie/contact/map-and-location-info/

It is pretty poor to remove the phone number from the site alright.

Are they on a particular go slow at the moment? I've 2 items checked in since early Saturday afternoon and no sign of them in lockers yet. I thought it was supposed to be a 48 hour turnaround from check in to locker? (Or am I fondly remembering a better time with pm?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Dots1982 wrote: »
    not sure if they go to the North but they don't deliver to the republic.

What am I missing. ? Did you try the PM Newtownabbey address ? If they deliver to the UK they should deliver there.

Are they on a particular go slow at the moment? I've 2 items checked in since early Saturday afternoon and no sign of them in lockers yet. I thought it was supposed to be a 48 hour turnaround from check in to locker? (Or am I fondly remembering a better time with pm?)

Everything about PM has become patchy and unreliable. They let a return parcel of mine sit in their warehouse for a month and I then get asked for the address label which was firmly stuck on anyway.
    I used to pick up parcels in a local garage ( they removed the lockers last year ) and now they have even dispensed with entering any code.
    I suspect they are either overwhelmed with business, lousy at their job or going down the financial plughole.
    I hope they survive but they need to get a grip.

recipio wrote: »
    Everything about PM has become patchy and unreliable. They let a return parcel of mine sit in their warehouse for a month and I then get asked for the address label which was firmly stuck on anyway.
    I used to pick up parcels in a local garage ( they removed the lockers last year ) and now they have even dispensed with entering any code.
    I suspect they are either overwhelmed with business, lousy at their job or going down the financial plughole.
    I hope they survive but they need to get a grip.

Yeah, I dont think Ive ever seen this level of delay on multiple items before.

Still no sign whatsoever of my 3 items, its currently 72 hours since 2 of them were Checked In. All sitting as In Transit on my account.

I have emailed and had no response.

I have reduced my business with them due to previous problems. Its very frustrating not having a phone number to call.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know whereabouts the Parcel Motel is in Nutgrove Shopping Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Does anyone know whereabouts the Parcel Motel is in Nutgrove Shopping Centre?

"Right beside Burger King at the main entrance" apparently.

34nmcmg.jpg

styron wrote: »
    "Right beside Burger King at the main entrance" apparently.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Any of you see the Dispatches programme on CHN4 Feb 1st 2016 titled "Where's My Missing Mail?" (about Yodel Couriers).

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I plan on ordering perfume from Amazon but they won't deliver it to Northern Ireland. I see I can place an order through a third party on Amazon's marketplace and it seems to be okay with it.

If they don't cancel the order will parcel motel accept it and deliver it?

Lucreto wrote: »
    I plan on ordering perfume from Amazon but they won't deliver it to Northern Ireland. I see I can place an order through a third party on Amazon's marketplace and it seems to be okay with it.

If they don't cancel the order will parcel motel accept it and deliver it?

Should be fine, not that PM are likely to find out - but perfumes are not on the list of prohibited items anyway.
    22. LIQUIDS unless adequately packed to contain any leakage

Clearly covered. Similarly, bottling takes care of these too:
    25. Items that have a pungent or strong odour or items that may cause contamination of any kind.

26. PARCELS THAT ARE WET, LEAKING OR EMIT AN ODOR OF ANY KIND;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

styron wrote: »
    Should be fine, not that PM are likely to find out - but perfumes are not on the list of prohibited items anyway.

Clearly covered. Similarly, bottling takes care of these too:

Thank you kindly,

I just ordered it. If I get it it will makes someones day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some/most perfumes are liable for excise duty, even if you ordered them from NI to the republic. So I am not sure what happens with PM in this case. If its coming from mainland UK to NI I don't think excise applies, not sure about the legality of PM knowingly delivering it on afterwards to the republic though.

rubadub wrote: »
    Some/most perfumes are liable for excise duty, even if you ordered them from NI to the republic. So I am not sure what happens with PM in this case. If its coming from mainland UK to NI I don't think excise applies, not sure about the legality of PM knowingly delivering it on afterwards to the republic though.

Oddly, unlike importing perfume from outside the EU where no excise relief applies, within the EU - personal internet/postal orders ('distance sales') of perfumes appear to be entirely exempt excise duty:
    5.1 What are excisable products?

Alcohol and alcoholic beverages (e.g. wine, beer, cider, spirits), tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, Roll-your-own and pipe tobacco), mineral oils (in practice, motor and heating fuels).

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/excise/leaflets/pn1879.html

One of many online shopping minefields awaiting if BREXIT happens!

• Is there any solution for Amazon's tendency to send orders of many items separately and thus incur a €3.95 charge for each? If I contacted their CS and specifically asked them to send the three items together as one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is there any solution for Amazon's tendency to send orders of many items separately and thus incur a €3.95 charge for each? If I contacted their CS and specifically asked them to send the three items together as one?

Not that I know of no. You can set a preference for faster or grouped and cheaper, but in cases where one item is stocked in Wales and the other in Scotland they will always be dispatched individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Just new to Parcel Motel. Can someone explain to me what is the point of the Irish address? I assume you still pay for the shipping costs plus whatever parcel motel charge you so why would you go for the Irish address?

• I suppose if it's an Irish seller and if you would be out at work when An Post were around. You can go and collect it from the locker at any time. It is a bit useless though I agree.

I suppose if it's an Irish seller and if you would be out at work when An Post were around. You can go and collect it from the locker at any time. It is a bit useless though I agree.

This is exactly what I use it for.

I primarily use PM because I'm not home to take deliveries in the daytime.

They are massively let down by their customer service though. Sent them a detailed and polite letter of complaint after a recent issue and not even an acknowledgement from them. Very poor form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

They are massively let down by their customer service though. Sent them a detailed and polite letter of complaint after a recent issue and not even an acknowledgement from them. Very poor form.

Acknowledging letters in writing is a very slow and inefficent way of dealing with correspondence. Did you contact their live chat support?

syklops wrote: »
    Acknowledging letters in writing is a very slow and inefficent way of dealing with correspondence. Did you contact their live chat support?

Actually I was advised to write and offered the option to send the letter via email (rather than snail mail) which I took (I attached the letter to an email).

2 weeks ago now and no acknowledgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Is there deliveries on Saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

The Raptor wrote: »
    Don't know if now, but used to be.

joujoujou wrote: »
    Don't know if now, but used to be.

Yes. I'm 100 miles from Dublin and I get Saturday delivery.
    PM really need to get their act together.I sent a return to Amazon over Xmas using their 'collect +' service ( barcodes correctly printed and stuck on ) and the parcel sat in their warehouse for a month. With a lot of effort and sending on another barcode label the parcel was eventually delivered to Amazon.
    Not a word of apology. I suspect they are overwhelmed with business but won't admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

The Raptor wrote: »

Yes i get them all the time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement