Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

If you have received an oversized item and had it redirected to another depot do you get a notification when it has reached that depot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Toxica wrote: »
    If you have received an oversized item and had it redirected to another depot do you get a notification when it has reached that depot?

What do you mean by depot? They only have a Belfast address and a Dublin address as far as I know.

What do you mean by depot? They only have a Belfast address and a Dublin address as far as I know.

They have depots in most counties too. But you can only collect oversized items there I think.

They have depot's in most counties too.

Sorry, I was having a brain fart.

Yes, you will receive a notification. But in my experience they are very slow to deal with oversized stuff so it might go better for you if you phone them looking for an update.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I was having a brain fart.

Yes, you will receive a notification. But in my experience they are very slow to deal with oversized stuff so it might go better for you if you phone them looking for an update.

No worries, it is quite early in the morning and a Saturday, brain farts are to be expected. :)

I emailed them early this morning and they replied saying that my parcel is in Cork depot but I may not receive notification as the pin is the same as the one sent in the first arrival email/text. They should fix this really as depots can be quite far away for a lot of people, I wouldn't want to make the journey to find my parcel isn't there.

No worries, it is quite early in the morning and a Saturday, brain farts are to be expected. :)

I emailed them early this morning and they replied saying that my parcel is in Cork depot but I may not receive notification as the pin is the same as the one sent in the first arrival email/text. They should fix this really as depots can be quite far away for a lot of people, I wouldn't want to make the journey to find my parcel isn't there.

Yes that's really crap. They need to fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I have a parcel being delivered from Amazon, which Amazon says was delivered to PM in Newtownabbey early this morning, but it hasn't shown up anywhere on the PM site yet. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

How long does it take them usually to collect a parcel you are sending from a locker?

I would have expected they would pick up parcels from lockers the next working day...its usually 2 days sitting in the locker for me even though it would appear there is a van doing deliveries to the same point every day.

Aspiring wrote: »
    I have a parcel being delivered from Amazon, which Amazon says was delivered to PM in Newtownabbey early this morning, but it hasn't shown up anywhere on the PM site yet. Is that normal?

Yes, usually they're not checked into your account til late afternoon/evening. Don't worry. :)

• Advertisement

martyc5674 wrote: »
    How long does it take them usually to collect a parcel you are sending from a locker?

I would have expected they would pick up parcels from lockers the next working day...its usually 2 days sitting in the locker for me even though it would appear there is a van doing deliveries to the same point every day.

I've heard they're slower at collecting, I would get on to them if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They dont hit every location every day I suspect. Sometimes packages take an extra day from scanning in NI (sometimes I have it 5hrs after that). Safe to assume theres a minimum threshold where a quiet location will get skipped over and done the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

When my parcel comes to PM can i just pay the €3.95 fee on its own?

The minimum top up is €10.50, but I can just pay €3.95 when the parcel shows up on their system?

Haven't been using Parcel Motel the last few months since Parcel Wizard came out.

But today I mistakenly used my PM address saved on ebay without spotting it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Doge wrote: »
    When my parcel comes to PM can i just pay the €3.95 fee on its own?

The minimum top up is €10.50, but I can just pay €3.95 when the parcel shows up on their system?

Haven't been using Parcel Motel the last few months since Parcel Wizard came out.

But today I mistakenly used my PM address saved on ebay without spotting it! :(

Sure can, just add your card directly to account. They will charge your card directly for any deliveries.

Thor wrote: »
    Sure can, just add your card directly to account. They will charge your card directly for any deliveries.

I had actually completely forgotten thats how it worked and the card is still on the account! :p

Thanks for the info, i think ill take it off the account once that parcel is charged for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Is there a way i can order from Tesco UK ?. As they wont let me enter my account ID :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Is there a way i can order from Tesco UK ?. As they wont let me enter my account ID :(

My experience of Tesco UK was that you need a UK billing address for your credit card. They wouldn't accept an Irish card, even for delivery to an English address.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    My experience of Tesco UK was that you need a UK billing address for your credit card. They wouldn't accept an Irish card, even for delivery to an English address.

You could try the Revolut Card which is a UK credit card you top up.

Worked for me with Currys UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Doge wrote: »
    You could try the Revolut Card which is a UK credit card you top up.

Worked for me with Currys UK.

I hadn't heard of that - it sounds very interesting. Thanks!

I hadn't heard of that - it sounds very interesting. Thanks!

You're welcome!

There's a thread on it here with all the info:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481488

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Not sure if this is in the right thread and apologies if it isn't.

I've used PM over a hundred times and never once had a problem until now. Got two email/sms on Saturday to go to Newlands Clondalkin, when I got there I entered the first code and all was good, the second however opened and no parcel was there.

Just wanna know if this has ever happened to anyone?

I contacted them by phone straight away but got an automated message saying the person who looks after problems isn't there, so I left a voicemail explaining the situation, giving my PM number etc.

Heard nothing back yet and left 3 emails since, I'm genuinely pi**ed off about the customer service. I can understand mistakes happen, that's not the issue here.

I'd say this is a rare case in fairness & maybe they think I'm taking the mick?

I was due two parcels btw also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Its been over a year since i used Tesco Direct but if i remember correctly I used the PM UK address as my billing address and that worked

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Do parcel motel themselves still post on boards?

Or does anyone use the send service?

If I want to send 3 parcels to the same address do I have do each separately and type the address separately for each?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

frankz wrote: »
    Do parcel motel themselves still post on boards?

No, they stopped at least two years ago - after their "talk to" trial expired.
    If I want to send 3 parcels to the same address do I have do each separately and type the address separately for each?

Nothing to stop you bundling all three (or two of,) into the one addressed package provided it weighs 10KG or less and fits the dimensions of the largest (41 × 38 × 64 cm) or even medium sized (19 × 38 × 64 cm) locker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Goat Paddock

Anybody else experience delays with getting their package checked in after your postal service notified you of delivery? 2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anybody else experience delays with getting their package checked in after your postal service notified you of delivery? 2

What length of a delay? It always takes them a few hours, sometimes half a day to get the item scanned where it sends you an email saying they have it.

Last parcel I received was Monday and it was received by PM in the morning but not scanned in until late afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

frankz wrote: »
    does anyone use the send service?

styron wrote: »

Nothing to stop you bundling all three (or two of,) into the one addressed package provided it weighs 10KG or less and fits the dimensions of the largest (41 × 38 × 64 cm) or even medium sized (19 × 38 × 64 cm) locker.

No its 3 of the largest size so 3 separate parcels.

I suppose because its 3 separate lockers then I have to enter the details 3 separate times.

Be handy if could save addresses on parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Got a questionnaire from PM yesterday, wanting to know what American sites I buy from & how likely would I be to use the service if there was an American address (VERY likely).

OU812 wrote: »
    Got a questionnaire from PM yesterday, wanting to know what American sites I buy from & how likely would I be to use the service if there was an American address (VERY likely).

Customs is a killer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Customs is a killer though.
    I would guess PM will take care of customs and charge you as part of the service. That could be very interesting if they did as they could possibly undercut the admin fees other couriers or an post use.

They could possible be able to take advantage of having low postage costs and so low tax (if any) on the shipping costs.

Even if they could not sort anything it could be useful for low cost items, which often have ridiculous postage fees to here, or places which will not ship at all outside the US.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement