Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

rubadub wrote: »
    I would guess PM will take care of customs and charge you as part of the service.

PM will not take care of any charges.

If a packages arrives to them with monies owed of any sort they will reject it outright.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

PM will not take care of any charges.

If a packages arrives to them with monies owed of any sort they will reject it outright.

*cough* eh read above about the survey on a US address...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anyone else get the PM survey on home deliveries? They were seeking reactions on home delivery costs of about €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Motel where I have something to collect powered off today, Has it happened to anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

gzoladz wrote: »
    Motel where I have something to collect powered off today, Has it happened to anyone?

At Newbridge power seems to be off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

My parcel got delivered to the depot early this morning and i was surprised that it didn't get checked in by the evening. Which is unusual.

Well i had a second look at the proof of delivery from the courier and it turns out that the courier company decided to omit my PMID(extremely frustrating :/) despite me entering it right after my name.

Any idea what happens in a scenario like this? Should I contact them tomorrow or will they deliver it anyway without me needing to contact them?

Eoin247 wrote: »
    My parcel got delivered to the depot early this morning and i was surprised that it didn't get checked in by the evening. Which is unusual.

Well i had a second look at the proof of delivery from the courier and it turns out that the courier company decided to omit my PMID(extremely frustrating :/) despite me entering it right after my name.

Any idea what happens in a scenario like this? Should I contact them tomorrow or will they deliver it anyway without me needing to contact them?

There's a section in your PM account where you can fill in detail of orders you are expecting. PM use that Info matched by name to help identify parcels that arrive without PMID's. Have you filled that in?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Id be contacting the seller to say you never received it because it was addressed incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Thats happened to me twice.
    Lets say your name is Eoin Thompson for argument sake..and that name comes to Parcel motel without a PMID.
    Parcel Motel will ring all the Eoin O Sullivans and ask them are they expecting anything and what is it they are expecting.

So youll be grand....
    But if i were you id ring them before they ring you just to speed things up.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Hey all

I recently bought some clothing on amazon. The sizing of the item when it arrived was way off so I want to return it.

How do I go about returning it via Parcel Motel or is it better to do it via AnPost.

I have already printed off a label that Amazon emailed me. I was ensure about the Drop Off or Collection option.

Thanks

The return service for Amazon is called 'collect +' If you scroll down the menu options on the PM website you will find it and that is the correct printout to get the package to Newtownabbey. I tried it once and it sat in the warehouse for a month !( over Xmas ) The problem is that you have two addresses on the package - one to PM and the other to Amazon in Scotland.
    It should run smoothly but I am amazed how little the topic is raised here. Some people are happy to post in the PO but that's a bit nuts considering its only 3.90 to Newtownabbey. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I printed off some label that Amazon emailed and they say to put it in the box.
    Do I then just put it in a ParcelMotel locker?

When I clicked one of the Amazon collection return links it says DPD will collect it off of me.

Never did this before so just wary.

EDIT

I have just looked at the printed label and it says DPD will email me on the morning they are collecting it. So it seems I don't need to send it back to ParcelMotel.

Oops I just saw that the collection address is my parcel motel address in Belfast so looks like I have to return it there.

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Lets say your name is Eoin Thompson for argument sake..and that name comes to Parcel motel without a PMID.
    Parcel Motel will ring all the Eoin O Sullivans and ask them are they expecting anything and what is it they are expecting.

So youll be grand....
    Marty.

:D

I printed off some label that Amazon emailed and they say to put it in the box.
    Do I then just put it in a ParcelMotel locker?

When I clicked one of the Amazon collection return links it says DPD will collect it off of me.

Never did this before so just wary.

EDIT

I have just looked at the printed label and it says DPD will email me on the morning they are collecting it. So it seems I don't need to send it back to ParcelMotel.

I had an online chat with Amazon and were absolutely clueless about the ROI. He asked me if Tipperary was in Northern Ireland ! You could be correct about DPD - let us know if the service works from the ROI,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

despite me entering it right after my name.
    Was this on a new line, or after your name on a first line.

I said before I was amazed PM came up with such a ridiculous address system, other companies might be forgiven for the oversight but an actual courier company is just ridiculous. They have an uneccessary line and the majority of online address forms I use do not have that many lines.

rubadub
    PM666666
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

I usually write this as

rubadub
    PM666666 Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

This way if they omit anything it will be "parcel motel" on the second line, which should make no difference, i.e. the postman/courier delivering to the place would know fine well its going to parcel motel.

martyc5674 wrote: »

So youll be grand....
    Marty.

Typos aside, I'm staggered to learn that PM will phone . Have you personal experience of this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Can anyone please help me, kind of new to this type of service..
    So i want to buy a pair of jeans on zara uk but it isn't available on the irish website unfortunately so how do i go about using parcel motel? I know a depot near cork which i can collect and what are the home delivery charges like if i cant collect, sorry for the rookie questions, appreciate it a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

rubadub wrote: »
    Was this on a new line, or after your name on a first line.

I said before I was amazed PM came up with such a ridiculous address system, other companies might be forgiven for the oversight but an actual courier company is just ridiculous. They have an uneccessary line and the majority of online address forms I use do not have that many lines.

rubadub
    PM666666
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

I usually write this as

rubadub
    PM666666 Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

This way if they omit anything it will be "parcel motel" on the second line, which should make no difference, i.e. the postman/courier delivering to the place would know fine well its going to parcel motel.
    According to Royal Mail the county name is no longer required in UK addresses these days. Enter any postcode on the Royal Mail address finder website, and it'll return you the 'official' address corresponding to that postcode, and for the above, there's no "Co. Antrim" to be seen, which reduces the number of lines to a more reasonable level.

Can anyone please help me, kind of new to this type of service..
    So i want to buy a pair of jeans on zara uk but it isn't available on the irish website unfortunately so how do i go about using parcel motel? I know a depot near cork which i can collect and what are the home delivery charges like if i cant collect, sorry for the rookie questions, appreciate it a lot!

Just register with a credit card on the PM website and you are ready. Use the PM address in Newtownabbey when ordering from the UK. They are set up for UK deliveries and regard the ROI as a former colony. Send a message to any retailer ( if you can ) to use the full address as the the most common problem is leaving your personal PM number out of the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

recipio wrote: »
    Just register with a credit card on the PM website and you are ready. Use the PM address in Newtownabbey when ordering from the UK. They are set up for UK deliveries and regard the ROI as a former colony. Send a message to any retailer ( if you can ) to use the full address as the the most common problem is leaving your personal PM number out of the address.
    Thanks for that, appreciate it a lot!!!

Thanks for that, appreciate it a lot!!!

Most welcome. Forgot to say PM will send you a photo when the item is 'checked in' in Dublin and delivery should be next day. They email and text a code to open your locker. I'm in the sticks so they took my lockers away. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Hi guys, probably posted a million times but do parcel motel deliver on a Saturday, my package is dublin now so will ir be tomorrow or Monday before I get the text, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

My last two parcels arrived in the locker on a Saturday (Galway). With a little bit of luck you should get yours tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Okay. So it has happened again.

Collected 1 of 2 packages at my locker two days ago and one of them was severely squashed and had two massive holes in them.

Normally I wouldnt care too much once everything was in check but sadly one of the ram kits I ordered was missing. Likely fell out during transit or was stolen. Who knows.

Anyway

I contacted parcel motel regarding this and sent them an invoice and picture of the damage as they requested

Their reply was hilarious.

They said the items were not adequately packaged and the claims department would not cover any loss.

Upon looking at the checked in image, the package was perfect, meaning this happened after they had already accepted it.

Likely someone decided this would fit inside a medium locker and squashed it down after it was checked in and this caused the hole and then the ram fell out.

Second time this has happened and last time it was just a bag of cable ties that was missing, they didn't suggest it was inadequate packaging then.

Sadly things are going to get messy with parcel motel and nighthine for me. I won't drop it that easily.

Some crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

tracking says my item signed for @ 6:00 this morning up north at their depot (nothing on parcelmotel.com about it) . Am i to assume ill get it monday at earliest ? Do they even drop down stuff from the north on sat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

recipio wrote: »
    I had an online chat with Amazon and were absolutely clueless about the ROI. He asked me if Tipperary was in Northern Ireland ! You could be correct about DPD - let us know if the service works from the ROI,

I sent back my package. I put the amazon return label in the box and taped the box up. I then printed off the Parcel Motel return label and stuck it to the outside of box. €3.50 to return it to Belfast which is very good.

I sent back my package. I put the amazon return label in the box and taped the box up. I then printed off the Parcel Motel return label and stuck it to the outside of box. €3.50 to return it to Belfast which is very good.

Excellent, as I said the last time I did that the parcel sat for about a month before Amazon told me I had been charged for a replacement meaning the parcel was not delivered. After a few emails it eventually made its way to Scotland.Trouble is both PM and Amazon are difficult to contact - you send emails and hope for the best.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

Hi, any particular worries or procedures when ordering from argos.co.uk ? They seem to require an UK mobile + landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

TheRover wrote: »
    Hi, any particular worries or procedures when ordering from argos.co.uk ? They seem to require an UK mobile + landline.

Give them their own phone number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hmmm

Have Amazon stopped shipping to PM recently? The same product I purchased in Jan now if I try order amazon say they will not deliver outside of UK evenow thou my PM is Antrim UK

• Advertisement

Hmmm

Have Amazon stopped shipping to PM recently? The same product I purchased in Jan now if I try order amazon say they will not deliver outside of UK evenow thou my PM is Antrim UK

Are you purchasing this time directly from Amazon or a 3rd party seller?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement