Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Hmmm

Have Amazon stopped shipping to PM recently? The same product I purchased in Jan now if I try order amazon say they will not deliver outside of UK evenow thou my PM is Antrim UK

I ordered 2 things to my pm account this week
    They hacnt arrived yet, but there was no issue ordering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are you purchasing this time directly from Amazon or a 3rd party seller?

Through the same seller but it's not amazon, it's anker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have Amazon stopped shipping to PM recently? The same product I purchased in Jan now if I try order amazon say they will not deliver outside of UK evenow thou my PM is Antrim UK

post a link to what you are ordering. Lots of stuff is only posted to mainland UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Right, as its a type of battery its not surprising

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201337930.
    UK Delivery Restrictions
    Due to specific handling and/or storage requirements for hazardous materials, we're unable to deliver some products to addresses outside of mainland UK or a postcode that includes an island. The categories of product affected include, but aren't limited to, the following:

Combustible, explosive, flammable, or corrosive materials,
    Certain batteries, cleaners, or fuel,
    Alcohol,
    Age-restricted bladed products,
    Aerosol items,
    Many beauty items including hair dyes, perfumes, nail polish and mascara,
    Certain sunscreens,
    Alcohol-based marker pens,
    Certain adhesives, and
    Insecticides and air fresheners.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks, I've successfully gotten 2 of them in the last few months later. Damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I use addresspal for such items from amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

magentis wrote: »
    I use addresspal for such items from amazon.

AddressPal have batteries on their prohibited list (actually AnPost's list), but I suppose what they don't know...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Esel wrote: »
    AddressPal have batteries on their prohibited list (actually AnPost's list), but I suppose what they don't know...

I remember seeing that before,I wonder if they distinguish between batteries and an item which is sealed with an internal battery.A friend of mine used addresspal for a tablet and it was clearly labeled as such,they didn't have an issue with it.

I have used it for items that amazon themselves will not deliver to NI and sellers from amazon that don't.You have to be careful with their idea of "oversized",its rather punitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

magentis wrote: »
    I remember seeing that before,I wonder if they distinguish between batteries and an item which is sealed with an internal battery.A friend of mine used addresspal for a tablet and it was clearly labeled as such,they didn't have an issue with it.

I have used it for items that amazon themselves will not deliver to NI and sellers from amazon that don't.You have to be careful with their idea of "oversized",its rather punitive.

The list (An Post) refers to outgoing stuff, so...

Good workaround! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

i ordered media box sunday from amazon they delivered pm 2day
    must be a error recheck it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

If I return a package to my PM address in Belfast will PM then send on my package to the UK. I have free Royal Mail return postage.

My issue is whether PM will do that for me or whether I would need Royal Mail to collect the package from PM depot in Belfast.

Thanks

If I return a package to my PM address in Belfast will PM then send on my package to the UK. I have free Royal Mail return postage.

My issue is whether PM will do that for me or whether I would need Royal Mail to collect the package from PM depot in Belfast.

Thanks

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Any ideas?

Yes, PM offer a return service. You can see the options by scrolling down on the returns menu on the website. They are not doing it for free - it must be a prepaid return service like 'collect +' from Amazon.If you just have a RM return I frankly don't know if they will forward it. Did you ask PM ?

recipio wrote: »
    Yes, PM offer a return service. You can see the options by scrolling down on the returns menu on the website. They are not doing it for free - it must be a prepaid return service like 'collect +' from Amazon.If you just have a RM return I frankly don't know if they will forward it. Did you ask PM ?

I didn't as I read they were slow to respond.
    I can return the package to uk direct with parcel motel but is €16! for a tiny package.
    I might just contact PM.

I didn't as I read they were slow to respond.
    I can return the package to uk direct with parcel motel but is €16! for a tiny package.
    I might just contact PM.

An Post are a rip off. At least PM only charge 3.50 to get a package to NI.
    Send PM an email via their website - they usually get back the same day.

recipio wrote: »
    An Post are a rip off. At least PM only charge 3.50 to get a package to NI.
    Send PM an email via their website - they usually get back the same day.

They got back to me. They will send it on from Belfast so problem sorted. For only €3.50.

They got back to me. They will send it on from Belfast so problem sorted. For only €3.50.

Result ! It takes the sting out of returns.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Hi Guys,

I want to order two iPad mini2 from AMAZON. Will this fit in fine in the parcelmotel locker?
    The difference is over 100 EUR if purchased from here.
    Maybe if 2 don't fit I will try to order one by one. what do you think..

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

suave.4u wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I want to order two iPad mini2 from AMAZON. Will this fit in fine in the parcelmotel locker?
    The difference is over 100 EUR if purchased from here.
    Maybe if 2 don't fit I will try to order one by one. what do you think..

Regards,

What do the product dimensions from amazon say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭suave.4u

What do the product dimensions from amazon say?

Does that matter. Nothing is mentioned about the packaging. For example sportsdirect sends everything in huge boxes. So I am unsure whether after the packaging whether it will fit.
    The iPAD as such is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭styron

Does that matter. Nothing is mentioned about the packaging. For example sportsdirect sends everything in huge boxes. So I am unsure whether after the packaging whether it will fit.

Amazon are notorious for superfluous packaging too, but the largest locker (41 x 38 x 64cm) should be able to handle what ever padding surrounds two mini's (13.5 x 0.8 x 20 cm -each) and their chargers.

Standard liability is up to €100 per parcel - it appears you still can extend liability cover to €250 per parcel by adding details on the shopping tracker.

If you're more risk averse you can buy extra cover or even send them separately so that €250 attaches to each ipad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Sportsdirect send everything to me in bags?

Anyway - I dont think anyone here would be able to say what size box amazon would use but I doubt they are going to package an ipad mini in a box larger than a parcel motel locker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Had a parcel delivered to parcel motel in NI around 9am by Hermes. Not checked in yet and Hermes don't have a good repuation so a bit unsure, it says 'Left in secure location' on hermes site and 'delivered to reception' on ebay.

Anyone else who had one delivered this morning had it checked in at Dublin yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Anyone had a parcel check in today either? Still no update on mine, says delivered since Saturday morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

spix wrote: »
    Anyone had a parcel check in today either? Still no update on mine, says delivered since Saturday morning though.

They posted an update on their FB page about a power outage at the Dublin depot yesterday so I think everything that was delivered yesterday will probably get checked in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I cannot seem to get an answer from Parcel Motel themselves at the moment (most probably self explanatory seeing as its bank holiday weekend) but i was just wondering if their operations are any different on bank holiday weekends to other days, I ordered something the other day and there is no sign of it yet , not even the bit where they photograph the Item on the bench before sending it out. The company where I have ordered from said its shipped.

• Bank holiday Monday is the same as a Sunday in that absolutely nothing moves or happens at Parcel Motel towers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Bank holiday Monday is the same as a Sunday in that absolutely nothing moves or happens at Parcel Motel towers.

thanks, at least i know now - suppose I should have pre-empted the bank holiday before pacing the order

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement