Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Hi,
    i want ot order two items from amazon both are not delivered to Ireland (battery and network switch)one Sold by AnkerDirect and Fulfilled by Amazon other one is Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. If i order them together it will be sent as one parcel? Never used parcel motel or parcel wizard, adresspal withone is the best now?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Amazon won't ship the battery to N.I either (not sure about the network switch) so address pal is your only option. Chances are they would be dispatched together but that wouldn't be guaranteed

• I have something coming that I don't want. I bought it on eBay and despite informing the seller in good time that I wished to cancel he still dispatched it.

Can PM refuse delivery? If I just leave it in the locker and never collect it will it be returned to the seller? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I have something coming that I don't want. I bought it on eBay and despite informing the seller in good time that I wished to cancel he still dispatched it.

Can PM refuse delivery? If I just leave it in the locker and never collect it will it be returned to the seller? Thanks

Best would be to contact PM to get the options but not sure if they will be able to reject it in the depot as they would get lots of parcels, problem with rejecting from the locker would be that seller can claim they never got the returned item, also not sure if they will return items after they have them in the system as normally they would charge for that service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I have something coming that I don't want. I bought it on eBay and despite informing the seller in good time that I wished to cancel he still dispatched it.

He didnt have to cancel. Once youve bought it youve bought it - you cant return it because you changed your mind.

If you ignore it Parcel Motel will leave it in the locker for 48 hours, then take it back for reprocessing, then back into a locker for 48 hours etc... Ive no idea how many times they will do this but you will be charged for each 48 hour locker stay.

Seeing as you have paid for it and will be paying for the locker stay I really dont see what you would gain by not collecting it?

• Advertisement

• Pretty sure any decent seller would cancel. Considering I purchased Saturday night and sent the cancel request Sunday morning. Yet two days later he still dispatched.

Pretty sure any decent seller would cancel. Considering I purchased Saturday night and sent the cancel request Sunday morning. Yet two days later he still dispatched.

Sellers are not there to be "decent" - they are there to make money.

It happened me before, I actually bought something because I stupidly thought it said it was 3 metres long but it was 2 metres long. I immediately emailed and told the seller Id make a mistake but he carried on and sent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If I had a package delivered to PM this morning in Antrim, will it not appear online until it's actually put into a locker ready for collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If I had a package delivered to PM this morning in Antrim, will it not appear online until it's actually put into a locker ready for collection?

It will show on the website once they check it in, probably in the next few hours.

Cheers, wasn't sure how long it would take from acceptance to updating the website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

If you ignore it Parcel Motel will leave it in the locker for 48 hours, then take it back for reprocessing, then back into a locker for 48 hours etc... Ive no idea how many times they will do this but you will be charged for each 48 hour locker stay.
    After the initial 48 hours, they only send it back to the Motel when you ask them to, they don't just keep resending it over and over again

• Sounds good. I'll leave it in the locker then. It was only a tenner so it wouldn't be worth my while returning it. Hopefully PM will send it back for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

They always resend it to the locker automatically for me.

Virtanen wrote: »
    After the initial 48 hours, they only send it back to the Motel when you ask them to, they don't just keep resending it over and over again

That's never happened me, it just arrives again a few days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Sounds good. I'll leave it in the locker then. It was only a tenner so it wouldn't be worth my while returning it. Hopefully PM will send it back for me.

It says here that they will destroy it within 30 days:

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201864312-How-long-do-you-hold-parcels-which-have-not-been-delivered-

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Dispose, not destroy, there is a difference ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

How long do they take to Check In something these days? Got a delivery notification that something I ordered was delivered to them at 7.30am this morning but no notification from PM yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

When it reaches the Dublin depot, sometime later this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

How long do they take to Check In something these days? Got a delivery notification that something I ordered was delivered to them at 7.30am this morning but no notification from PM yet.

Have you gone into the pm settings on the web page and chose when to receive sms notifications? If you set it to 12am - 12am I think you can receive sms notifications 24hours

Have you gone into the pm settings on the web page and chose when to receive sms notifications? If you set it to 12am - 12am I think you can receive sms notifications 24hours

Yeah I have it set 7am to 11pm.

Nothing yet though.

• Advertisement

What happened to me yesterday was that the courier dropped the item off in Antrim before 7am, didn't get an online update or the mail from Parcel Motel to say they had it until after 5pm, when it was in their Dublin centre. Then at around 9:30pm it was ready to be collected from the locker.

Pretty good going I thought.

Just got the Check In text there.

Pretty good to get it sorted and down from Belfast and then Checked In for me in a matter of hours. Doubt itll hit a locker early enough for me to collect this evening but Ill get it tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Dispose, not destroy, there is a difference ;)

Does that mean they will return it to sender?

Does that mean they will return it to sender?

No, it means get rid of by throwing away or giving or selling to someone else.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

No, it means get rid of by throwing away or giving or selling to someone else.

Or raffling among the staff ;)

Or raffling among the staff ;)

Your words not mine ;)

That said, people that don't collect & hold up lockers on other customers deserve what they get, especially if it a gripe with a 3rd party vendor that has nothing to do with Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anycraic10

My parcel has been in the PM Depot since 4.30pm Friday. Should my parcel have been delivered to my locker already or is this normal? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Anycraic10 wrote: »
    My parcel has been in the PM Depot since 4.30pm Friday. Should my parcel have been delivered to my locker already or is this normal? thanks

Should have been i usually get mine next morning, get email about it around 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anycraic10 wrote: »

They stopped doing weekend deliveries to my local a long time ago (though strangely I got one last weekend).
    I also have something checked in since Friday, but don't expect it till tomorrow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Anycraic10

UsedToWait wrote: »
    They stopped doing weekend deliveries to my local a long time ago (though strangely I got one last weekend).
    I also have something checked in since Friday, but don't expect it till tomorrow..

Any word on your parcel?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement