Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Mine was delivered tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭conorcan2

Does anybody know a working phone number for Parcel Motel?

I have an issue that requires me to contact them within 48 hours(according to their website), so I opened a ticket 96 hours ago. I haven't received a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

conorcan2 wrote: »

I have an issue that requires me to contact them within 48 hours(according to their website), so I opened a ticket 96 hours ago. I haven't received a response.

I wouldn't hold your breath, a you can do is keep adding to your ticket every day asking for an update, it took over 20 days to sort an issue for me.

Wouldn't provide and I couldn't find a phone number that worked. Said it had to be sorted online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

conorcan2 wrote: »

generally this is in business days. Weekends don't count.

any issue I've ever had with them were dealt with very quickly .. decent customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Same issue here, post the ticket number on their twitter, gets sorted fairly quickly then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

1890 321 890

Thanks artanevilla, but I've tried that number and can't get through.

whippet wrote: »
    generally this is in business days. Weekends don't count.

any issue I've ever had with them were dealt with very quickly .. decent customer service

True, weekends don't count.

There is a feature called 'Shopping Tracker' which they have specifically for my problem (I didn't include PMID with address). I didn't notice that before. I'll give that a shot.

Update: Parcel Motel have contacted me and tell me they've found my package and it's out for delivery. Should be good so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Parcel Motel megathread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Had an item delivered to Newtownabbey at 6:30am yesterday. Showed up in my account at 2:30pm the same day. Normally up to this point, if I had an item delivered before the cut off, it'd be in the locker that night. I've only had one or two exceptions during busy times, and then it was delivered the following afternoon. So I'll see when it turns up.

If it's early today, that's fine. If the exception now becomes the rule and deliveries are 24 hours+ later than they used to be, I'll switch to Parcel Wizard as they are actually improving their service from what I've heard.

Not a good idea to let things slip when you have a strong competitor charging the same for what may be a better service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

You're fortunate that your item turned up that early (6:30am) Simon Gruber Says. If it happened to be delivered after 9am you could add another 24hrs to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

they were good in fairness despite the delay.

They did deliver it on a sunday and they did credit two free stays on my account

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Ya I don't know if they are unusually busy due to the euro being strong against the sterling but I've only had a great service up til now.

Two packages from same retailer were checked into dublin last fri and sat. They sent out the sat one that evening to my locker. No sign of the first one on Monday or tues so called on Tues.

Apparently the lockers were all full so the driver took back my second package to the depot and never resent it out.

When I rang yesterday they promised it'd be delivered late last night. Nothing still this morning so rang and its still in the depot.

They promised it'd be sent out tonight and I'd get a credit on my account. Fingers crossed it'll arrive!

Also cost me a couple euro to make the calls to them aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

foxy_j wrote: »
    Ya I don't know if they are unusually busy due to the euro being strong against the sterling but I've only had a great service up til now.

Two packages from same retailer were checked into dublin last fri and sat. They sent out the sat one that evening to my locker. No sign of the first one on Monday or tues so called on Tues.

Apparently the lockers were all full so the driver took back my second package to the depot and never resent it out.

When I rang yesterday they promised it'd be delivered late last night. Nothing still this morning so rang and its still in the depot.

They promised it'd be sent out tonight and I'd get a credit on my account. Fingers crossed it'll arrive!

What number did you get them on?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

JakeBell wrote: »
    You're fortunate that your item turned up that early (6:30am) Simon Gruber Says. If it happened to be delivered after 9am you could add another 24hrs to it.

Well, it's over 48 hours since it was received in Newtownabbey and still not sent to the locker so, it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Exact same thing happened to me. Got email on Friday saying it was in depot. No sign of it all weekend so rang Monday. Exact same reason for not being delivered and said that she'd notify depot to send it that night.

No delivery that night so rang again yesterday and was told that Monday's email had not been actioned at all so another email sent to depot, this time high priority and received 2 free stays. As you can guess still no delivery last night so rang again and same response, emails not being actioned so escalating the situation and contacting depot manager and his manager and added another two stays.

So hopefully it arrives tonight. Used work phone so didn't cost me anything to ring them :D

Have always had good service from them but lately they haven't been great. (had delivery sent with no PM number so set up delivery tracker which was pointless as still had to contact them to find the package)

Exact same thing happened to me. Got email on Friday saying it was in depot. No sign of it all weekend so rang Monday. Exact same reason for not being delivered and said that she'd notify depot to send it that night.

No delivery that night so rang again yesterday and was told that Monday's email had not been actioned at all so another email sent to depot, this time high priority and received 2 free stays. As you can guess still no delivery last night so rang again and same response, emails not being actioned so escalating the situation and contacting depot manager and his manager and added another two stays.

So hopefully it arrives tonight. Used work phone so didn't cost me anything to ring them :D

Have always had good service from them but lately they haven't been great. (had delivery sent with no PM number so set up delivery tracker which was pointless as still had to contact them to find the package)

I rang the 1890241717 on the way to work as hard to call at work. I did find a local number but they didn't pick up before 9.

Its 01-8835480 :)

Ooh you got 4 free stays. I only got 1 if its not delivered tonight I'm going to push for more as its crazy. The obviously didn't plan for getting this busy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ooh you got 4 free stays. I only got 1 if its not delivered tonight I'm going to push for more as its crazy. The obviously didn't plan for getting this busy

Well he said he was adding two more stays but they haven't shown up so I dunno if he meant the first two he added on Tuesday.

Well he said he was adding two more stays but they haven't shown up so I dunno if he meant the first two he added on Tuesday.

ah yes its probably two then as I checked my account and my one free stay is already there after ringing them this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Used to use them all the time 2 years ago but looking at these last few pages, doesn't look good.

Anyone know if I had something delivered today to Newtownabbey, what are chances it'll be in Cork before the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Stuff I had arrive in Newtownabbey last Wednesday didn't arrive to my collection point until very early on Sunday morning.

Kamili wrote:
    Stuff I had arrive in Newtownabbey last Wednesday didn't arrive to my collection point until very early on Sunday morning.

Well, that's sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Anyone know if Sainburys delivery to parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Hi and Help :o

First time Parcel Motel user and just signed up, and topped up account today, so i could get a power bank i want from Amazon shipped to me here in Dublin - they dont ship to Ireland.

Ive entered a new Amazon delivery address using the details on the Parcel Motel site.

xxxxxxxxxx
    PMxxxxxxxx
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

but when i select this address to ship to on Amazon it seems to change it to:
    9B MCKINNEY ROAD ,
    NEWTOWNABBEY,
    Co Antrim,
    BT36 4PE,
    United Kingdom

....and then says i cannot ship to this address?

Any ideas what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi and Help :o

First time Parcel Motel user and just signed up, and topped up account today, so i could get a power bank i want from Amazon shipped to me here in Dublin - they dont ship to Ireland.

Ive entered a new Amazon delivery address using the details on the Parcel Motel site.

xxxxxxxxxx
    PMxxxxxxxx
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

but when i select this address to ship to on Amazon it seems to change it to:
    9B MCKINNEY ROAD ,
    NEWTOWNABBEY,
    Co Antrim,
    BT36 4PE,
    United Kingdom

....and then says i cannot ship to this address?

Any ideas what is going on?

Do you get that with all the items or only 1? Some items might not post to Northen Ireland, maybe if you post the link to the item we can guide you better.

When you enter the address for the 1st time it does change but you should be able to ignore the default address and use the address you added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

nava wrote: »
    Do you get that with all the items or only 1? Some items might not post to Northen Ireland, maybe if you post the link to the item we can guide you better.

When you enter the address for the 1st time it does change but you should be able to ignore the default address and use the address you added.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-20100-Capacity-Technology/dp/B00VJSGT2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477493241&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+powercore+20100

thanks btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just tried it (have the PM address saved in my amazon address book) and got the same message. Seems like the power bank can't be delivered to NI :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Royal Mail don't ship batteries and PM won't accept them either.

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote:
    Well, that's sh1t.

Got an email off them saying its in the Dublin depot even though was delivered to the North today. Gives me some hope I might it tomorrow night in Cork

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement