Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

titan18 wrote: »
    Got an email off them saying its in the Dublin depot even though was delivered to the North today. Gives me some hope I might it tomorrow night in Cork

What time was it delivered in Antrim?? (if you dont mind me asking)

I had stuff delivered in Antrim this morning but no mail from the Dublin Depot yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What time was it delivered in Antrim?? (if you dont mind me asking)

I had stuff delivered in Antrim this morning but no mail from the Dublin Depot yet :(

Amazon have it down as 11:55 where it was handed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Still no text or email to say it's in my locker yet. ill have to make another call this morning I guess 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Quick question guys (apologies if it has been asked before), do Parcel Motel deliver on weekends? Ordered something last night, which will be shipped today and delivered to their depot tomorrow. Would love have it over the weekend rather than waiting till Tuesday with the Bank Holiday!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Parcel finally arrived at motel last night. About time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Just spotted this thread and seems a lot of people having a lot of issues with PM, just wondering have they ever completely lost a delivery on anyone here that was never found?
    They have a parcel belonging to me since the 13th of oct and can't find it , its 600 quids worth , I'm am getting seriously pee'd off at this stage as I feel they are just stringing me along with a line of bull about doing full depot searches, more like they hope they will trip over it . I have seen on their terms and conditions that they are only liable to a value of 100euro , I'm finding it very hard to take that I may be down 500 euro due to THEIR incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Mine turned up late last night. So, about 2 and a half days since checking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

fondriest wrote: »
    Just spotted this thread and seems a lot of people having a lot of issues with PM, just wondering have they ever completely lost a delivery on anyone here that was never found?
    They have a parcel belonging to me since the 13th of oct and can't find it , its 600 quids worth , I'm am getting seriously pee'd off at this stage as I feel they are just stringing me along with a line of bull about doing full depot searches, more like they hope they will trip over it . I have seen on their terms and conditions that they are only liable to a value of 100euro , I'm finding it very hard to take that I may be down 500 euro due to THEIR incompetence.

You have the option to increase the insurance cover with PM and should have done so when you ordered something fairly valuable. T&Cs and all that.
    Nevertheless I sympathise, it's awful for you.

You have the option to increase the insurance cover with PM and should have done so when you ordered something fairly valuable. T&Cs and all that.
    Nevertheless I sympathise, it's awful for you.
    Never spotted that option until it was too late ,I should really have paid more attention :mad:. Their "support " service is shocking though, very difficult to get a reply which is very frustrating. Thanks for the sympathies.

Never spotted that option until it was too late ,I should really have paid more attention :mad:. Their "support " service is shocking though, very difficult to get a reply which is very frustrating. Thanks for the sympathies.

Yeah I've noticed it's quicker to get support if you ring them as half the time they don't reply to emails

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Absolutely the most appalling customer service imaginable.

Has put me right off using their service, Id say my usage is down from 20 parcels a month to 1 or 2 in the past year.

Yeah I've noticed it's quicker to get support if you ring them as half the time they don't reply to emails
    Haven't been able to locate a phone number for them.

Absolutely the most appalling customer service imaginable.

Has put me right off using their service, Id say my usage is down from 20 parcels a month to 1 or 2 in the past year.

Same here , I'll be closing my account once this is resolved.

Haven't been able to locate a phone number for them.

Yeah there is no phone number on their site, had to search on nightline to find it. 1890 321 890 is their number by the way

Yeah there is no phone number on their site, had to search on nightline to find it. 1890 321 890 is their number by the way
    Thanks for that , I'll give them a buzz.

Thanks for that , I'll give them a buzz.

no problem. Actually got reply to email I sent to support on Sunday . Mentioned that they have been working through a large volume of contacts received so better off ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

**UPDATE**

managed to get the Power Bank ordered using An Post- AddressPal who's UK address is on UK mainland.

Just one tip; When entering the UK address input your unique I.D just after your name, as Amazon wont recognise it in the 'Company Name ' field......I have OK'd this with An Post who confirmed they are having a bit of a nightmare with Amazon chopping peoples unique I.D down thus missing digits when received at the depot.

Their customer service is very good btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Got package delivered there after being in the North only yesterday. Pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Another hassle free delivery, ordered some spare parts from the Uk saturday night, sent by DHL, arrived in parcel motel depot tuesday and got a text Wednesday evening for pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Finding them very slow lately.

Taking as long as a week to get a parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have found them very slow the last few times.
    A parcel that should have arrived last Friday or Saturday, did not make it into a motel until Midnight of Monday, and expired 1am Wednesday. I am on shift work at the moment and was unable to collect it, until yesterday.
    It will take two working days to be reprocessed, and i will be recharged the full amount of 3.95euro again.
    What bunch of horsecrap.
    I will not be using them again. It is too small a window, more expensive than the alternatives, and double that if it expires, and now i have to wait until next Tuesday to get my parcel at a cost of 7.90euro :angry:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Finding them very slow lately.

Taking as long as a week to get a parcel.

Where in the country are you? Mine are still arriving to the motel the same day they get delivered to their deport up north, yesterday a package was dropped off just before 10am, got the notification that it was in the Dublin depot around 2pm, and the collection notification before 8:30pm.

It's been the same way every time I use it, I can collect it late in the evening the day it's delivered to their depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Where in the country are you? Mine are still arriving to the motel the same day they get delivered to their deport up north, yesterday a package was dropped off just before 10am, got the notification that it was in the Dublin depot around 2pm, and the collection notification before 8:30pm.

It's been the same way every time I use it, I can collect it late in the evening the day it's delivered to their depot.
    Dublin also. It used to be way faster but seems to have slowed down in the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Looks like they may have misplaced my package. They asked me to forward on the invoice in case it comes to issuing a refund :( Had a few christmas presents in it. Typical it's the one they can't find.

Must be cos they brought it back to depot as the lockers were full and now they can't locate it. As another item I had ordered after checked into dublin depot yesterday and was in my locker last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrEcho

I can't figure out how to input my address for the oneplus phone

First name | Last Name
    Ireland
    House Number, Street Address
    Apartment, Unit, Building, Floor, Etc
    City/Town | State/Province
    Zip/Postal Code | Phone Number

Trying to send it to
    Unit C1
    North City Business Park
    North Road
    Dublin 11
    D11 RW30
    Ireland

Please any help appriciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Andre43

I think this is how its soppused to be
    First name | Last Name
    Ireland
    House Number (Or parcel motel number), North City Business Park North Road Dublin 11
    Unit C1
    Dublin | Dublin
    D11 RW30| Phone Number

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

On the speed I had an item posted by Amazon on Thursday at 4pm with "special guaranteed delivery"(at Amazons cost, their eff up previously) and it arrived at 5:20am to PM and it's in my locker since 4am this morning. That's swift on everyones part.

Amazon posted the same item direct but never arrived after one working week so agreed a refund and then resent another one. Normally I wouldn't use Amazon using either PM, PW or AP but if you have Prime then I can see drop shipping being much much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Do parcel motel deliver to Ireland on bank holidays? My package arrived in the Dublin depot today so when should I expect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Never Sundays, not sure on BH Mondays but today will be an active day for depot to box runs.

I had something shipped express Thursday, 6AM delivery to Antrim(RM must treat them like an enterprise account now), 3PM in Dub but didn't hit my PM last night. Fingers crossed for tonight as its useless to me.

EDIT: In at 9PM. Swish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

wacotaco wrote: »
    Do parcel motel deliver to Ireland on bank holidays? My package arrived in the Dublin depot today so when should I expect it?
    I got my parcel in the motel Last sunday. Had been waiting since thursday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement