Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

j4vier wrote: »
    I got my parcel in the motel Last sunday. Had been waiting since thursday

But was it placed in the motel on Sunday, or was it there since thursday and you only collected it on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Liamario wrote:
    But was it placed in the motel on Sunday, or was it there since thursday and you only collected it on Sunday?

Placed in motel on Sunday evening. It was in the Dublin depot on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

j4vier wrote: »
    Placed in motel on Sunday evening. It was in the Dublin depot on thursday

Sounds like a backlogged motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I've had a parcel delivered today to my usual parcel motel near work, but it turns out that I'm not going to be there for the next few days. Does anyone know:

* what happens if you don't pick up a parcel?, or
    * is it possible to have it redirected to a different motel (and how much that costs)?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Phoebas wrote: »
    * is it possible to have it redirected to a different motel (and how much that costs)?

They take it back out of the locker and return it to the depot.

You could log into your account and change your nominated locker to a different site, then ask them to place it in the locker again. You'll be charged 3.95 for another stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Phoebas wrote: »
    I've had a parcel delivered today to my usual parcel motel near work, but it turns out that I'm not going to be there for the next few days. Does anyone know:

Can you get someone to collect it? They just need your mobile number and the PIN.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

fondriest wrote: »
    Never spotted that option until it was too late ,I should really have paid more attention :mad:. Their "support " service is shocking though, very difficult to get a reply which is very frustrating. Thanks for the sympathies.

If you use their shopping tracker your cover increases from €100 to €250. Hope you got sorted with your missing package.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

pissed wrote: »
    If you use their shopping tracker your cover increases from €100 to €250. Hope you got sorted with your missing package.
    Thanks , finally got sorted today. Rang them yesterday and got in contact with a lady in support , she was able to tell me that the parcel had arrived with them on the 13th and been sent to the wrong customer with the same name and was returned to PM on the 19th which was fair enough , she had it sorted in 15 minutes. If only the other ahem " support" person had bothered their ass looking instead of fobbing me off with lies then I'd have had my delivery on the 20th and I would have been spared quiet a bit of stress. I have asked them to close my account today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Finding them very slow lately.

Taking as long as a week to get a parcel.

I've found this too. I wonder are they overstretched the more business they get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I've had enough of waiting on them, so started using Parcel Wizard. So much quicker, cheaper and delivered to my home.

Don't know about using Parcel Motel anymore, its gotten so slow and so unreliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Kamili wrote: »
    I've had enough of waiting on them, so started using Parcel Wizard. So much quicker, cheaper and delivered to my home.

Don't know about using Parcel Motel anymore, its gotten so slow and so unreliable.
    +1, I'm waiting on my first addresspal parcel. Cheaper, and handier (for me) and doesn't expire in 48hours.
    Hopefully quicker too, The reason my PM parcel expired was because it was late, and I had changed shifts,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I've changed my default U.K. Address to parcel wizard too, it's really pointless waiting 4/5 days for a parcel once it arrives with them, especially since the service used to be way quicker.

Parcel motel said it's due more customers due to the weak sterling. You'd think they'd put something in place!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They did have a big problem a couple of christmases back and blamed it on a similar thing. I guess I can understand them wanting to keep costs down. Maybe they should hire some temp staff until the backlog is up to date or until as many orders are not coming in, but in the meantime they are not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Same here waiting 3-4 days for parcels now once they hit the depot.

It would be great if there was an option to collect a parcel from the depot as soon as it arrives there rather than waiting until there is space in the motel.

Or offer customers half price in the motel if they pick the parcel up within say 6 hours etc.

And ideally it would be great if we could have some sort of config/options online to group our expected parcels together into one locker instead of using one per item

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Its starting a lot earlier this year. Always avoided them like the plague in December, which is disappointing as there are other non Xmas items I need to regularly order from the UK. with them taking this long to process its nothing short of a waste of time and very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rtacconi

They have stolen my iPhone, £599 sent from Apple. I received the message it was collected at the Dublin depot. Then I never received the SMS that the package was delivered. After one week they did not reply to my service request on their Zenddesk site. I managed to find their phone on nightline site and rang them. A waste of time. At the moment they said they are doing an inspection at the collection point, but it is going. They said to wait another two days. Asshole, they said they will call back but they never to that. I lost £500, it seems they have a liability of 100 euro, but I can clean my ass with that.

DO NOT user them, they are just smugglers. I will go to the court. I would like to contact some newspapers, but I do not think they are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

rtacconi wrote: »
    They have stolen my iPhone, £599 sent from Apple. I received the message it was collected at the Dublin depot. Then I never received the SMS that the package was delivered. After one week they did not reply to my service request on their Zenddesk site. I managed to find their phone on nightline site and rang them. A waste of time. At the moment they said they are doing an inspection at the collection point, but it is going. They said to wait another two days. Asshole, they said they will call back but they never to that. I lost £500, it seems they have a liability of 100 euro, but I can clean my ass with that.

DO NOT user them, they are just smugglers. I will go to the court. I would like to contact some newspapers, but I do not think they are interested.

If you are using PM for something over 100 euro value you need to use their website to up the level of insurance on the item being delivered. That way if it goes missing they will have to pay up.

Generally speaking I wouldnt use a third party parcel delivery service to get something so expensive though.

PMs customer service is well known to be a major failure point - its nothing short of appalling. They have lost a lot of business because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rtacconi

Yes, I have been silly to use a service like that. I used them and never had a problem, that's the first time in my life I had a lost parcel.

I am pretty sure that someone at the depot of the driver they put it into their pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

rtacconi wrote: »
    Yes, I have been silly to use a service like that. I used them and never had a problem, that's the first time in my life I had a lost parcel.

I am pretty sure that someone at the depot of the driver they put it into their pocket.

A similar thing happened me with an item (not nearly so expensive but something that would have been obvious what it was from the packaging).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

I am waiting on a parcel, got email on Tuesday that it had arrive in Dublin.

Nothing since, two support messages but the silence is deafening. Looks like I can kiss that goodbye :( - Bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Parcel in my locker within 24 hrs at a very busy Dublin locker where it normally takes 2 days.

h2s wrote: »
    I am waiting on a parcel, got email on Tuesday that it had arrive in Dublin.

Nothing since, two support messages but the silence is deafening. Looks like I can kiss that goodbye :( - Bastards

Contact them through twitter. They're always quick and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Contact them through twitter. They're always quick and helpful

Thanks for that. I never think of twitter as I use it so seldom.

I did get a response through Facebook and got an answer and update.

I got worried with the lack of response as it always leaves you wondering and seeing other people's experiences got me real worried.

However, apparently it will arrive sometime today.

h2s wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I never think of twitter as I use it so seldom.

I did get a response through Facebook and got an answer and update.

I got worried with the lack of response as it always leaves you wondering and seeing other people's experiences got me real worried.

However, apparently it will arrive sometime today.

The last time I contacted them about a parcel taking 3 days to arrive I got 2 free stays on my account.

I think this was due to them and not just the demand as I had several other parcels delivered the same size while this one was stuck somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

Hi all Amazon/PM users
    If I order a number of items with Amazon (not thru a reseller) will I pay PM * number of items or will it be just the 3.95?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You have no way of knowing how Amazon will ship them and if they do it singly you be charged separate by PM

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Damn it, I should have checked this thread before ordering a new phone on Wednesday. Arrived in Belfast this morning but judging by the recent posts it may be a few days before I see it in my locker. Every other time I used PM I had same day check in in both Belfast and locker.

Fingers crossed I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement