Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Patww79 wrote: »
    I was worried reading this as I'd a tablet ordered and ended up doing the insurance bump to €500. Though it was despatched from Amazon Wednesday to Antrim, was in the Dublin depot yesterday, and I picked it up from a locker this morning.

Sounds promising. It's already made it to Dublin depot (not bad considering it was delivered to Belfast at 11.30 this morning). I have received an email about check in (surprisingly without any photo) which states it could take up to 48 hours to be delivered to locker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Patww79 wrote: »
    I got that too about the 48 hours, but just looking back at my emails it landed in the Dublin depot just before 5pm yesterday evening and was in a locker by 9pm.

Sweet, parcel delivered to locker already. Had anticipated a long wait but fantastic service once again. Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi can this be used for NEXT uk thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hi can this be used for NEXT uk thanks
    Yes, it should be possible unless they ask for a UK mainland address, if so you can addresspal or parcel wizard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm at the right location
    Did you ever change your location? might be at the last one, their fault of course but if I wanted it fast and the other location was nearby I would give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Suckit wrote: »
    Yes, it should be possible unless they ask for a UK mainland address, if so you can addresspal or parcel wizard.

Don't Parcel Wizard also use an address in Northern Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Don't Parcel Wizard also use an address in Northern Ireland ?
    Yes, they do sorry. I thought they did not until i had to order something for my sister. I also remember they used to use a mainland address that was a bit expensive. But they also have EU addresses that you can use with a phone call ;) (including mainland UK) and it is not so expensive anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

looking to get a hob from currys, would this be posible, its oversized and delicate, i have no issue collecting from finglas.
    just worried about it getting damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Topped up my account twice by accident can you withdraw funds from parcel motel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Item arrived in my locker on 28th Oct (B/Hol W/end) I was unable to collect it within 48hrs and it was "returned to agency" on 1st Nov.
    Fair enough, these are the conditions but ,it should have been returned to the locker within 48 hrs but, still no sign.
    I have made several phone calls and each time was told --next day , I have been charged twice already but was told on one call last Fri that this would be refunde due to my inconvenience, still no refund and, no parcel. It had shown "returned to agency" from 1st Nov until yesterday at 11:40
    Following a call yesterday (7th Nov) at approx 10.30 , it changed "in transit" at approx 11.40.
    As of now 14:30 8th Nov still in transit.
    Where is it.
    At what point do I claim loss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Gamebred wrote: »
    Topped up my account twice by accident can you withdraw funds from parcel motel?

I had the opposite.
    Two deductions from my account and, no parcel delivered yet, since 01/11

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What happens if package is too big for motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

D.Q wrote: »

It goes to the depot and you have to collect it from there. I did it Monday, it's handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has anybody problems with the return service to Northern Ireland?

I gave them my parcel last Thursday and the last scan is "inbound on 5/11" with no further scans and the receiver has not gotten it yet.

I tried contacting PM but they just don't answer tickets logged or e-mails.

Thanks

Oh no. I have to use these to return a parcel. I am not looking forward to it either. The gutting thing is, I had to pay twice to get it because it was delayed so long in PM up the North. What was initially a bargain, now looks like it is going to cost me more than it did before the sale. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

D.Q wrote: »
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It goes to the depot and you have to collect it from there. I did it Monday, it's handy enough

In fact it gets held in Finglas Depot and you're sent an e-mail asking you to collect it in Finglas OR nominate another depot to have it delivered to nearer to you OR have it delivered by Courier.

The cost of oversize or home delivery will vary depending on the size of the parcel of course. Expect it to be as little as €7 and upwards from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

For the first time ever, I had a small envelope today with the red and white tape - 'opened by customs'.
    It had a small box inside so I suspect they were looking for perfume or drugs. Anyone else had this - hopefully its just increased vigilance for the Xmas market ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Another day another checkin yesterday and another empty locker today. They're getting very sloppy.

They don't answer the phones anymore either which is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Mine have been very good this week, less than 24 hours in the depot and 3 parcels arrived in the locker this morning.

Berty wrote: »
    Another day another checkin yesterday and another empty locker today. They're getting very sloppy.

They don't answer the phones anymore either which is annoying.

I agree, support is non existing.

One would think with the competition getting stronger (DPD with their pickup shops for example) they would need to keep their customers, but one seams to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Bought something and accidentally sent it to PM instead of PW -- Fingers crossed it doesn't go missing...

Kamili wrote: »
    Bought something and accidentally sent it to PM instead of PW -- Fingers crossed it doesn't go missing...
    Coming up to Christmas, their service gets worse than their service for the rest of the year. I would not risk using them from today onwards. I have deleted my PM address from all of my address lists on every store site.

Kamili wrote: »
    Coming up to Christmas, their service gets a lot worse than their service for the rest of the year. I would not risk using them from today onwards. I have deleted my PM address from all of my address lists on every store site.

I hit them up on twitter this morning and within 1 hour they asked for the ticket number, let's see if that helps.

It's bad that one has to resort to public shaming to get service done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Coming up to Christmas, their service gets a lot worse than their service for the rest of the year. I would not risk using them from today onwards. I have deleted my PM address from all of my address lists on every store site.

I know (see my previous posts in this thread) I'm not impressed, with them of late at all. Previous items have been severely delayed recently.

I had deleted it but for some bizarre reason Amazon sent the PM address not the PW despite this.

Not a happy bunny.

So I got an answer now after using twitter to chase up and I'm now strongly warning others to not use their return service if they are using a prepaid Hermes label.

Looks like what they actually do is transport the item to their Depot up North and leave it there until a Hermes driver comes to delivery stuff to them and than they hand it over to the that driver without any proof of delivery.
    This parcel was collected by Hermes on 10/11/2016 at 8:39 when the Hermes driver was making the deliveries.
    Unfortunately as the parcel was picked up as per our arrangement there is no proof of delivery for the goods but it has been delivered to them.
    Can they perhaps investigate it with their driver to confirm if he remembers this parcel? Let me know how you get on.

This is incredible, they are just handing stuff over to a delivering driver and are now expecting me to chase Hermes after paying them to deliver it to Hermes.

So I followed up and Parcelmotel is washing their hands and are not helpful, they claim for them this is closed:
    Yes, our returns are consolidated and sent in bulk.

The COL scan indicates the parcel was collected by the Hermes driver from our Belfast depot.
    There is no proof of delivery as the parcels are picked up by them and not delivered to their address.
    Please mention this to Hermes and they will follow this up for you.
    Please note the partnership is between Hermes and the retailer. We facilitate this transaction for them through our returns.
    Therefore, you will need to raise this with them to follow up for you as we are unable to investigate a parcel which is no longer in our possession.

The retailer says that there is no record by Hermes of the parcel, Hermes refused to speak to me because my relationship is with the retailer and the retails refused to accept responsibility as I have no proof that I handed the parcel to Hermes because Hermes has not issued me with a receipt.

So my advise is stay away from using Parcelmotel for returns that are not going directly to a retailer as there is no proof that Parcelmotel actually hands stuff over (they claim they have but have no proof). They seam to have some shady deals with other companies to keep the cost down but still portrait it to be a full service.

I'm not going to accept this, nowhere on their page is it stating that they hold the parcels for collection, the label used clearly shows an address for Hermes and it promises full tracking.

If this parcel does not show up with Hermes by some miracle next week I'm going after Parcelmotel for the value, it's incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Just tried to order something to PM from Argos Uk. Got a cancellation email like a minute later saying they'd taken the money but I'd be refunded. Has this happened to anyone before and how long did it take you to get your money back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement