Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

fernrock wrote: »
    Item arrived in my locker on 28th Oct (B/Hol W/end) I was unable to collect it within 48hrs and it was "returned to agency" on 1st Nov.
    Fair enough, these are the conditions but ,it should have been returned to the locker within 48 hrs but, still no sign.
    I have made several phone calls and each time was told --next day , I have been charged twice already but was told on one call last Fri that this would be refunde due to my inconvenience, still no refund and, no parcel. It had shown "returned to agency" from 1st Nov until yesterday at 11:40
    Following a call yesterday (7th Nov) at approx 10.30 , it changed "in transit" at approx 11.40.
    As of now 14:30 8th Nov still in transit.
    Where is it.
    At what point do I claim loss?

Update
    OnThurs 10th Parcel motel eventually agreed that the parcel was lost and would compensate.
    Submitted invoice, and in fairness was advised On Friday that compensation was in progress.
    For info:
    For anybody who qualifies for compensation it goes as follows:
    Value of claim (to limit of cover usually 100) +10% immediatly, If you agree to have it credited to your PM account.
    Value of claim in 7 days if lodged to your paypal account.
    Value of claim in 14days if you wish a cheque in post.
    No method of crediting your credit or debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Hi folks, never used this before, trying to get something off amazon but wont accept the Northern Ireland address Ive been given? Im sure its something stupid Im doing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Hi folks, never used this before, trying to get something off amazon but wont accept the Northern Ireland address Ive been given? Im sure its something stupid Im doing..

What are you trying to buy? Some things won't even ship to NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Its a glitch. Be sure and leave a gap between the postcode numbers/letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Just tried that, its trying to get me to use the address as 9B McKinney Road for some reason? Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Just tried that, its trying to get me to use the address as 9B McKinney Road for some reason? Thanks for your help

When setting up on Amazon for the first time it will try to overwrite the address. Just click no on that and use the address you entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I have a parcel from Amazon which arrived in Newtownabbey at 9.20am on Thursday and I have yet to see any notification for it.

Hermes delivered it and according to Amazon it's held in a secure location.

Edit: I have emailed customer service Friday evening but nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

On Oct 28 I had a parcel leave Dublin depot at 11:25am to go to UCD Belfield. By 5pm hadn't been delivered so I contacted using online help desk to ask if it was going to be delivered. Eventually it was delivered at 9:10pm. Got a response from help desk on Nov 8th (11 days later) saying they'd had a lot of contact but they noted my parcel had been delivered on the 28th.

Had parcel delivered to NI depot at 9:45 this Thursday (10 Nov), left there for Dublin same day, on Friday arrived in Athlone and was in transit to destination by 8am with an estimated delivery of 22:30 on Friday. Still no notification of where it is since leaving Athlone for Tullamore. Hopefully it'll be there tomorrow but don't think I'll be using them again any time soon.

Checked this morning (Mon 14th) and it now says Package Held at Athlone Depot, raised another ticket but will now have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I raised a ticket on the 11th November at 8am when my checked in item failed to appear. 1 working day they say they will reply. No reply Saturday so I tweeted them as well at 8am, nothing for the whole day(customer service is open Saturday), they were tweeting and facebooking on Sunday even but nothing(wasn't shocked to not receive a reply on a Sunday mind). Item still hasn't been checked in today. It says on their website that if your ticket wasn't responded to to send an e-mail to support so I did which generated a NEW ticket. :(

Can't live chat with them, can't phone them and can't be doing a 500km round trip to Finglas to figure it out either.

When their system works it works just fine, when they slow down for some unknown reason you're up sh*ts creek because they don't/won't reply to their own tickets.

I can understand a delay If they tell me what it is and when I might get my item BUT I can't abide being ignored by a company. I will close my account because of their lack of customer service. There are alternatives to them now so they should have upped their game not degraded it by removing their phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lorkyporky

Lucreto wrote: »
    I have a parcel from Amazon which arrived in Newtownabbey at 9.20am on Thursday and I have yet to see any notification for it.

I had a package delivered at the same time by the same delivery company. I'm assuming we got the same product and am having the same problem. Given that there's 2 of us at least now who are having this issue I'm slightly less worried and if I hear back from them, I'll post the update here.

Have been trying to get onto them non stop and had no word since Saturday when they asked to see my order confirmation from Amazon. I replied within 4 minutes of receiving that mail before 9am and still yet to receive a reply from them.

It's infuriating that they don't get back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If you have twitter, public shaming works, they respond very fast once you name them in your tweets.

So got through to them on the phone there and they suggested filling in the shopping tracker as it's likely arrived into them without my PMID on it.

Not sure how it could have as it was coming from Amazon and it's never happened to me before, unless Hermes stuck a label over it.

Have filled in the shopping tracker now and hopefully that will resolve the issue, will update later if package turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

lorkyporky wrote: »
    So got through to them on the phone there and they suggested filling in the shopping tracker as it's likely arrived into them without my PMID on it.

Not sure how it could have as it was coming from Amazon and it's never happened to me before, unless Hermes stuck a label over it.

Have filled in the shopping tracker now and hopefully that will resolve the issue, will update later if package turns up.

It's always a good idea to spend a minute to fill out the shopping tracker as it gives you a 250€ coverage instead of their 100€.

I actually splurged the extra €3.50 for the added coverage as the package is worth €400 but I definitely will use it in the future. (If I don't start using PW after this mess)

If you have twitter, public shaming works, they respond very fast once you name them in your tweets.

We'll see, have put comment on facebook and on twitter. Phoned Nightline this morning who, once I said Parcel Motel, transferred without saying anything. Then stood listening to how important my call was to them for close to 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭micks_address

H, i have exactly the same experience.. i can see it arrived in Antrim and was signed for thursday but no update since. I have emailed support.

I commented twice on their Twitter, no reply, one comment on Facebook and some busy body told me I should e-mail them instead. :rolleyes:

I found my item using the Nightline website. It was On Van on Friday and then in the Limerick depot since Friday afternoon. Nobody told me and the PM website didn't even say that.

Called in and collected it. Guy says that my locker is swamped and cited Brexit and weak Sterling for people buying more from the UK. Fair enough point. He said I should have gotten a text/e-mail combo to say that I could select another locker or depot collection. Instead of getting those my item just sat there in the depot for 3 working days without me knowing about it.

I sent my e-mail at 7:30am on Friday morning and no update from them since. I was told today by the depot that they're swamped with queries. Not my problem though, they say 1 working day to reply, they should stick to it(Saturday is a working day to them) OR put up a notice saying "Due to unprecedented queries we will reply in 2-3 days"

H, i have exactly the same experience.. i can see it arrived in Antrim and was signed for thursday but no update since. I have emailed support.

My item, post above, came from Hermes(came from Asda originally) at 9:20am (Left in secure location it said) on Thursday. See above. Mine did make it near my locker Friday morning at least.

After filling in the shopping Tracker, mine has now been checked in. Think it must be an issue with the Hermes delivery and maybe they put a label over where the PMID is.

I had a package delivered at the same time by the same delivery company. I'm assuming we got the same product and am having the same problem. Given that there's 2 of us at least now who are having this issue I'm slightly less worried and if I hear back from them, I'll post the update here.

Have been trying to get onto them non stop and had no word since Saturday when they asked to see my order confirmation from Amazon. I replied within 4 minutes of receiving that mail before 9am and still yet to receive a reply from them.

It's infuriating that they don't get back to you.

If I hear anything I will let you know as well. I will open another ticket tonight after work.

• Advertisement

After filling in the shopping Tracker, mine has now been checked in. Think it must be an issue with the Hermes delivery and maybe they put a label over where the PMID is.

i just filled in the tracker.. is their an actual phone number for the belfast office? How long after filling in the tracker did it take to check in?

Thanks,
    Mick

i just filled in the tracker.. is their an actual phone number for the belfast office? How long after filling in the tracker did it take to check in?

Thanks,
    Mick
    I just called the a number I found online which is a Dublin number: 01-88354000

Have a link for the shopping tracker?

Have a link for the shopping tracker?
    If you log into your Parcel motel account, it's in there. It's in the extended liability section.

Sometime between posting on Facebook and Tweeting customer services responded to my ticket. Like within 2.5 hours - last time took 11 days.
    Refunding original charge and giving me a free stay and checking with depot.:)
    Then at 13:19 checked status and seen it's on it's way again:D, but they took back the charge they'd refunded.:eek:

Within minutes of telling them on online help desk they've given it back.

I just called the a number I found online which is a Dublin number: 01-88354000

Did you get through to parcel motel or just continuous hold music?

Did you get through to parcel motel or just continuous hold music?
    I eventually got through

If you log into your Parcel motel account, it's in there. It's in the extended liability section.

Thank you,

I just completed it and brought the guarantee extension just in case.

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow if they are quick.

Okay it's booked in now

I looked a few minutes ago and it wasn't listed but now it's there saying 12.42 check in time.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Okay it's booked in now

I looked a few minutes ago and it wasn't listed but now it's there saying 12.42 check in time.
    - how long between logging the shopping tracker was it before it got checked in? i cant see the carrier on the package from amazon.. it just says amazon logistics.. i put that in along with the tracking number on the tracker

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement