Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Thanks

- how long between logging the shopping tracker was it before it got checked in? i cant see the carrier on the package from amazon.. it just says amazon logistics.. i put that in along with the tracking number on the tracker

It's probably Hermes just press track package and it gives the carrier and tracking code.

It took about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

FFS it's oversized so there goes my savings. So it would have been easier to order locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lorkyporky

Lucreto wrote: »
    FFS it's oversized so there goes my savings. So it would have been easier to order locally.
    Oversized here too but only €7 so not too bad. Ready for collection in Finglas already too which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭micks_address

lorkyporky wrote: »
    Oversized here too but only 7 so not too bad. Ready for collection in Finglas already too which is handy.
    i knew mine was oversized before placing order but should still work out cheaper.. if it ever turns up! no movement on the site and its been a couple of hours now since i entered in the shopping tracker information

lorkyporky wrote: »
    Oversized here too but only 7 so not too bad. Ready for collection in Finglas already too which is handy.
    i knew mine was oversized before placing order but should still work out cheaper.. if it ever turns up! no movement on the site and its been a couple of hours now since i entered in the shopping tracker information
    ok - checked in now :) 7 euro charge... the volume thing works out well for heavy packages

• Advertisement

ok - checked in now :) 7 euro charge... the volume thing works out well for heavy packages

Quick question.. If location is parcel motel depot is that Antrim or Dublin depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

has amazon stopped sending to parcel motel? Its not working for me to day? For any item. Worked yesterday. Will send for higher price to republic but not to uk address?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

has amazon stopped sending to parcel motel? Its not working for me to day? For any item. Worked yesterday. Will send for higher price to republic but not to uk address?

Is it amazon selling the item or 3rd party seller? Are they perfumes, liquids? Maybe if you link to the item we can help you better.

I just tested and worked for me to send to Parcel Motel/Wizard.

nava wrote: »
    Is it amazon selling the item or 3rd party seller? Are they perfumes, liquids? Maybe if you link to the item we can help you better.

I think its just me then, and maybe my amazon account!!?? They are saying they cant send batteries there now??? Though it worked in the past.
    But it wont work for a blu ray disc or cd either. Its the wizard but i think it was the same message when i tried motel too. :mad:

OK I went through all the options and it is the phone charger battery from SELECTEC that wont deliver to NI. And as a result none of the stuff will go there. But without its not a problem. It must just be that company?? Battery below...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016CQINHM/ref=xs_gb_ld_tck_c168c5e4

• Advertisement

I think its just me then, and maybe my amazon account!!?? They are saying they cant send batteries there now??? Though it worked in the past.
    But it wont work for a blu ray disc or cd either. Its the wizard but i think it was the same message when i tried motel too. :mad:

Batteries could be another item they don't post to the PW or PM as they might courier might transport by planes. I added their "AmazonBasics AAAA Everyday Alkaline" to the cart, it was OK to deliver to PW address, but sometimes other batteries might have a restriction. Post or PM a couple of links of the items and will test, I wouldn't say it's your account.

Maybe try address pal as it's a mainland UK address?

Batteries could be another item they don't post to the PW or PM as they might courier might transport by planes. I added their "AmazonBasics AAAA Everyday Alkaline" to the cart, it was OK to deliver to PW address, but sometimes other batteries might have a restriction. Post or PM a couple of links of the items and will test, I wouldn't say it's your account.

Maybe try address pal as it's a mainland UK address?
    yeah a bit weird, i added the link above. a travel charger battery for mobiles. Got one before a few months ago but not this time for that brand..
    Will have a look for that adress pal, thanks.

yeah a bit weird, i added the link above. a travel charger battery for mobiles. Got one before a few months ago but not this time for that brand..
    Will have a look for that adress pal, thanks.

When I look at the item, it say This item does not ship to UK - Northern Ireland. but only for that seller when fulfilled by Amazon.
    When Item is posted by SELECTEC looks like they deliver to PM/PW aslo when you look at the seller's there's another seller (Sold by: GlodenStar) that delivers to PW

When I look at the item, it say This item does not ship to UK - Northern Ireland. but only for that seller when fulfilled by Amazon.
    When Item is posted by SELECTEC looks like they deliver to PM/PW aslo when you look at the seller's there's another seller (Sold by: GlodenStar) that delivers to PW
    Hadnt seen that. First time in a while it came up. Cheers. Just got thrown when everything became non-deliverable. oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

How long does it normally take for Parcelmotel to respond to support queries?

I submitted a query on Friday and have had no response, i've tried twitter, Facebook, email and their webform.

It's a simple enough problem .. but with the delays in responding it will turn it in to a bigger problem !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

whippet wrote: »
    How long does it normally take for Parcelmotel to respond to support queries?

I submitted a query on Friday and have had no response, i've tried twitter, Facebook, email and their webform.

It's a simple enough problem .. but with the delays in responding it will turn it in to a bigger problem !!

Days at least. Its always worth making a second complaint. Its hard to understand their attitude - they seem to regard missing packages as a nuisance and not their fault. It wouldn't kill them to put a system in place to identify packages from the address - after all, its usually just a missing PM number.
    A competitor would be good but Brexit has put a spanner in the works.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

recipio wrote: »
    Days at least. Its always worth making a second complaint. Its hard to understand their attitude - they seem to regard missing packages as a nuisance and not their fault. It wouldn't kill them to put a system in place to identify packages from the address - after all, its usually just a missing PM number.
    A competitor would be good but Brexit has put a spanner in the works.?

You could use DPD Parcelwizard which also deals with larger parcels than Parcelmotel. You can choose Delivery to a shop around your home/office.

Yes it's not 24/7 access like Parcelmotel but has other advantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vvv1vvv

I sent an email inquiring about a package held in Dublin about 10 days ago. No answer.
    I opened a case 6 days ago on the same matter. No answer to that either.
    They also made sure they are unreachable by phone.

It's 18 days since they received the package, I just missed a birthday present. Very disappointed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I still haven't received a Parcel Motel label by email yet, it's been almost 2 days and still hasn't arrived.

I don't think theres a way to resend it from the website right? Got on to customer service but haven't received a reply yet.

Hasn't happened before. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

What a shambles.

There is no way to resolve missing parcels. No support. No communication. No way to contact them that actually gets a response.

I won't be using them ever again and I will recommend to all my friends and family that they don't either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I got a reply by contacting on Twitter. It took them 3 days to reply to the two tweets so 96 hours passed the 24hrs promise.

They then had the gaul to close the query saying my item was collected and what's the problem when I had to find it myself without their help. Sent them another tweet this morning to tell them missing item queries should be priority and 96 hrs to reply isn't good enough in that case.

They credited my account to get rid of me. I'll use it and move back to DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Berty wrote: »
    I got a reply by contacting on Twitter. It took them 3 days to reply to the two tweets so 96 hours passed the 24hrs promise.

They then had the gaul to close the query saying my item was collected and what's the problem when I had to find it myself without their help. Sent them another tweet this morning to tell them missing item queries should be priority and 96 hrs to reply isn't good enough in that case.

They credited my account to get rid of me. I'll use it and move back to DPD.

Was this a parcel you send by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Was this a parcel you send by any chance?

Receiving it not sending n

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Be careful, this could be a bit of an echochamber.

I've used them since introduction, never lost a package, one falsely attributed to me sorted in 30 seconds and generally ~36hrs from RM to my PM. Might try exporting the timestamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

At this stage I always send a message to the seller to include the full address etc . Seems to ensure they include the PM number.
    I agree, PM have a terrible communications problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

I ordered a set of dect phones on Amazon Marketplace that according to the seller were delivered on 7th Nov (confirmation from courier). The package has not been acknowledged as accepted by PM on my account. I have logged a ticket with their zendesk over 5 days ago but no one has responded to me.
    This is driving me nuts as they dont offer a phone number to call. I have ordered thousands of euro of kit through PM over the last few years and have been happy with the service but I am disgusted with the level of service I am getting on this issue.
    Does anyone have a number that I can call to see what the hell is going on? The product is over 200eur so I am not a happy camper at all...

MOD: Merged with main Parcel Motel thread

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

I used this number 1890 321 890 to get in contact with them after exhausting the "support" desk and twitter route, Lady had my parcel found in 5 minutes . Obviously the lazy p@&^k dealing with it for the previous 3 weeks couldn't be bothered doing his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

slegs wrote: »
    I ordered a set of dect phones on Amazon Marketplace that according to the seller were delivered on 7th Nov (confirmation from courier). The package has not been acknowledged as accepted by PM on my account. I have logged a ticket with their zendesk over 5 days ago but no one has responded to me.
    This is driving me nuts as they dont offer a phone number to call. I have ordered thousands of euro of kit through PM over the last few years and have been happy with the service but I am disgusted with the level of service I am getting on this issue.
    Does anyone have a number that I can call to see what the hell is going on? The product is over 200eur so I am not a happy camper at all...
    They have an 01 number--01883542 . Which if you have a prepaid package with any of the phone companies.
    It will save you paying for the 1890.

I also found that between 9/9.30 AM is the best time to get an answer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement