Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

zapata wrote: »
    I got through to support on 1890321890 and guy said he would ask driver to priororitise it for tonights delivery. Will wait and see. :confused:

Don't hold your breath .
    See My entry no. 7905 page 527 , It took several phone calls and emails for PM to eventually admit it was lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

fernrock wrote: »
    There would seem to be a problem with Limerick.
    My package was put in the locker in a Limerick on 29/10 . As I was unable to collect it within the 48 hrs it was returned to the limerick depot and hasn't been seen since.
    I am now awaiting for the compensation to come through , which should be 7 working days from last Fri 11/11 when PM accepted it was lost.

I wonder how much of this crap PM have to deal with?

PM follow the whole process and have to go back and undo it all because the customer failed to play by the rules, then the customer starts mouthing off because they themselves were the root cause of the problem. While PM are dealing twice with this customers parcel(s) other customers parcels are delayed due to one locker been occupied needlessly for 48 hours.

And don't come back with excuses as to why you couldn't or didn't bother to collect it, you could easily have given your phone number and pin to a family member or friend to collect it for you.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gaelmart

Just opened my locker to find thin air. Weekend ****ed. €130 gone.

They have new qr code system which wasn't used for mine today for some reason even though they have it advertised. Still got the old 4 digit code.

Anyway as usual they can't' handle the business this time of year so don't bet on Grannies tights arriving in time for xmas if at all.

I wonder how much of this crap PM have to deal with?

PM follow the whole process and have to go back and undo it all because the customer failed to play by the rules, then the customer starts mouthing off because they themselves were the root cause of the problem. While PM are dealing twice with this customers parcel(s) other customers parcels are delayed due to one locker been occupied needlessly for 48 hours.

And don't come back with excuses as to why you couldn't or didn't bother to collect it, you could easily have given your phone number and pin to a family member or friend to collect it for you.

NO CRAP MY FRIEND

I am following PM rules ,I have 48 hrs in which to collect my parcel and, they say it will be returned to the motel after another 48 hrs. it was never returned even thought I was charged a second time .
    Secondly why should I be obliged to disclose my information when PM say they are willing to return package at a charge which I was willing to pay and in fact was charged.
    My friend you need to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I should have had 2 items delivered today, haven't been notified or charged for either of them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Pruzak

Got an email to say PM will have a yellow bus at spar on Newtownpark avenue sat 19th Nov 2016 to cope with overflow from Texaco garage. Are they really that swamped, anyone else receive this message??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Pruzak wrote: »
    Got an email to say PM will have a yellow bus at spar on Newtownpark avenue sat 19th Nov 2016 to cope with overflow from Texaco garage. Are they really that swamped, anyone else receive this message??

Not yet. And my packages arrived in the Dublin depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Ive been saying from the beginning they should combine multiple parcels into a single locker. Not just now but always. Pain in the ass having to repeatedly key in your phone number and text code for each individual item. I can see how it would cause logistic issues though.

Nothing to do with logistics - they can charge per parcel the current way. Makes them more money. Simple as.

Also - this is the exact same as last year. PM get's very slow and backed up. Some stuff turns for people super fast in PMs that are not overly used. Others wait weeks. Luck of the draw. They aren't going to do anything to optimize for a problem that only lasts a few weeks running up to christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gaelmart

To hell with them. I'm changing to airpost or Dodge wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Reati wrote: »
    Nothing to do with logistics - they can charge per parcel the current way. Makes them more money. Simple as.

I can't speak for others, but I would be perfectly happy to pay the fee for two lockers to get both items in a single locker, faster and with one visit, during periods of peak usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They have a locker in Castletroy in limerick, nearest next one is dublin road then other side of city. It was already backed up two weeks ago and I've changed my location to the regional depot, which itself isn't even a locker.

I've 5 items on the way to DPD and only one to PM, only because it was the credit they gave me.

Their CS bull**** just isn't worth the hassle. Their lack of Limerick lockers on the busiest side of the city isn't good enough. I come in 15kms to use that locker(not just local residenys) they need a new location to cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

fernrock wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath .
    See My entry no. 7905 page 527 , It took several phone calls and emails for PM to eventually admit it was lost.

Unfortunately for me, you were right. Told this morning that there was a technical issue with locker in Lucan. Was offered to have package delivered to postal address which I accepted. Will see how long this takes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Quick question:
    Have they been known to receive items at their dublin depot on saturday?
    Or would it have to have checked in on friday night to be sent on a motel during the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Quick question:
    Have they been known to receive items at their dublin depot on saturday?
    Or would it have to have checked in on friday night to be sent on a motel during the weekend?

I had a parcel checked into the Dublin depot this morning at 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

frantic190 wrote: »
    I had a parcel checked into the Dublin depot this morning at 11am.

Cheers.
    Looking like it'll be Monday so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Without trawling through the whole thread, if I want to but something from a seller on Ebay, but want to cut my postage costs by using a parcel motel address, how does it work paying through Paypal?

My Paypal account won't accept the Northern Irish address given to me by Parcel Motel, so how do I get around buying off Ebay when paying through Paypal is the only option?

Will changing my address on Ebay alone do the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

Yes set up your parcel motel address in eBay and select this address as your delivery address you should then see that delivery is cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

garbeth wrote: »
    Yes set up your parcel motel address in eBay and select this address as your delivery address you should then see that delivery is cheaper

Thanks a million - I haven't bought off Ebay in ages and couldn't believe the delivery costs to Ireland!

Appreciate the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

I have an package awaiting collection at the Parcel Motel point at Tesco in Arklow. I went to collect it yesterday but the machine was 'unavailable'.

Tried calling the number on the point, 1890241717, but just got an extension and answer machine, no answer to email or tweet and support line not manned until 9am Monday.

Did get an automated text saying my stay expires in 24 hours which is about 1am Monday

Anyone come across this before?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Lots of the delays are for larger parcels due to lack of available lockers in that size, so if your box is large size, that may be why.

Also to free up locker space to prevent this, what they should do is similar to what companies in Poland and other countries do this time a year, give a small discount if you collect the parcel within 24 hours to encourage faster turn-around of lockers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

When you have Muppets holding up lockers needlessly for 48 hours and then not even bothering to collect their item, PM should introduce a mandatory collect your parcel within 24 hours at this time of the year.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When you have Muppets holding up lockers needlessly for 48 hours and then not even bothering to collect their item, PM should introduce a mandatory collect your parcel within 24 hours at this time of the year.

Have a collection refund.

Charge €3.95.
    Collect within 12hrs: Refund €1.50
    Collect within 24hrs: Refund €1.00

Might hit their profits but it'll protect their good name which is worth a lot more year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

He did not break any rules. His was delivered on 29th oct, I wondered if this was a saturday and as I suspected, it was. This has been a major issue from day 1, they know fine well about this problem and have done absolutely nothing to rectify it i.e. that people pick locations on their commute route, which can be totally out of the way for them, let alone "family or friends" (who I would not want to put out anyway). Maybe the poster had some other reason but it is common to hear of this issue.

You make out like PM are at a loss or hard done by as someone did not collect. The fact they have done nothing to fix this issue, which would be very easy, speaks volume to me -I reckon they are pleased to get more money from the non collectors.

I am not sure if this works but a workaround I thought of was to have no credit in your account, and no CC registered, so if get notice that your parcel arrived on friday or saturday you can hold off payment, and so hold off on delivery. It is stupid having to do this when you should be able to specify no weekend deliveries, or particular days as not everyone works mon-fri, or could have other "problem days".

PM have a notice up about which places are busy, but they list only a few

http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/deliveries-to-your-parcel-motel-november-and-december-2016/

rubadub wrote: »
    He did not break any rules. His was delivered on 29th oct, I wondered if this was a saturday and as I suspected, it was. This has been a major issue from day 1, they know fine well about this problem and have done absolutely nothing to rectify it i.e. that people pick locations on their commute route, which can be totally out of the way for them, let alone "family or friends" (who I would not want to put out anyway). Maybe the poster had some other reason but it is common to hear of this issue.
    /

Thanks for your support .
    This in fact happened on the October bank holiday weekend and, I did expect PM to return the item within 48 hrs when it was not collected. They did in fact charge me a second time but, that was the last that was heard of the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Almost 4 weeks and no communication whatsoever about a parcel THEY lost.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hibernian56

I just had a parcel go missing. Tracked from Royal Mail, signed for by Parcel Motel on 14th Nov, not recorded on their system / not delivered.

Only remembered about it this morning and decided to check, just put it down to the Christmas rush.

Lets be clear, if a signed for package goes missing, I suspect theft not a lost package.

Sent them a message today. I don't have a good feeling about this.

EDIT:
    Just to clarify, I have been using them for about 2 years, received other less expensive items since, ordered / delivered roughly the same time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Lets be clear, if a signed for package goes missing, I suspect theft not a lost package.

In fairness a package is just as likely to go missing after it's signed for.

Graham wrote: »
    In fairness a package is just as likely to go missing after it's signed for.

I don't see why, the package should immediately be scanned, bar coded and put in a bin for processing.

I've been using this service for over 2 years, no hassle. I have had plenty of high value items too, but this is the first high value SMALL PACKAGE delivery. All the other high value items where too big to pocket.

I'll wait to see what they come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Signed for is just the step before the PM staffer throws your item in a cage in the intake area. The signature has some meaning when its at a doorstep or company reception, not so much when its at the shutter of a warehouse.

Update:
    I don't see why, the package should immediately be scanned, bar coded and put in a bin for processing.

I've been using this service for over 2 years, no hassle. I have had plenty of high value items too, but this is the first high value SMALL PACKAGE delivery. All the other high value items where too big to pocket.

I'll wait to see what they come back with.

PMs own processing happens later. RM usually drop stuff off in the morning (6AM on), PM often dont get to it until the afternoon. The lads from RM dont want to stand there and wait for PM to process everything.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    PMs own processing happens later. RM usually drop stuff off in the morning (6AM on), PM often dont get to it until the afternoon. The lads from RM dont want to stand there and wait for PM to process everything.
    Makes sense from an operations point of view.
    Quite disturbing from a security point of view.

So basically, an item could be "lost" anytime between delivery by RM and processing by PM. I hope they have good CCTV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement