Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Okay not sure this is the right place to post this, but anyway I ordered a ps4 last Sunday 13th through flubit, anyway it was dispatched on Monday and due to be delivered to my parcelmotel on Wednesday or Thursday. I also ordered 2 games on Monday and got them on Friday.

However as of Friday I had still not received my playstation so I got onto the retailers (shop4world.com) through flubit asking had they are tracking number for me.

So they sent me back my tracking number for Dpd which wasn't recognised and also said that my package had been delivered and signed for (which I presume was at the parcelmotel depot)

I've sent emails to shop4world,flubit and parcelmotel but still unsure as to where to go from here.

Any options for my next step?

Ps mods move if not appropriate

Okay not sure this is the right place to post this, but anyway I ordered a ps4 last Sunday 13th through flubit, anyway it was dispatched on Monday and due to be delivered to my parcelmotel on Wednesday or Thursday. I also ordered 2 games on Monday and got them on Friday.

However as of Friday I had still not received my playstation so I got onto the retailers (shop4world.com) through flubit asking had they are tracking number for me.

So they sent me back my tracking number for Dpd which wasn't recognised and also said that my package had been delivered and signed for (which I presume was at the parcelmotel depot)

I've sent emails to shop4world,flubit and parcelmotel but still unsure as to where to go from here.

Any options for my next step?

Ps mods move if not appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with PM thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I just had a parcel go missing. Tracked from Royal Mail, signed for by Parcel Motel on 14th Nov, not recorded on their system / not delivered.....
    markc91 wrote: »
    Okay not sure this is the right place to post this, but anyway I ordered a ps4 last Sunday 13th through flubit, anyway it was dispatched on Monday and due to be delivered to my parcelmotel on Wednesday or Thursday....

If it's any reassurance i had something dispatched from UK on Mon 14th from the site bookdepository but so far nothing has showing up on my http://my.parcelmotel.com/Member page. Usually BD's stuff arrives to my door with 3-4 days of dispatch. Sometimes even 2.

The fact both of your items have been signed for but not checked in makes me feel like there might be some sort of backlog in sorting.

If it's any reassurance i had something dispatched from UK on Mon 14th from the site bookdepository but so far nothing has showing up on my http://my.parcelmotel.com/Member page. Usually BD's stuff arrives to my door with 3-4 days of dispatch. Sometimes even 2.

The fact both of your items have been signed for but not checked in makes me feel like there might be some sort of backlog in sorting.

I hope your right because I ordered two games aswell after the playstation and got both of them before the weekend. Yet still nothing to play them on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Last ever package with PM today because they gave me a credit when I tried to leave them after having delays.

It was signed for yesterday from Amazon Logistics, at 9:07am, and guess what It's still not checked in. I actually changed my locker to my local nightline depot(so not a full locker delay) but apparently it hasn't even transitted through Finglas.

I'm glad I've decided to move my parcels to Parcel Wizard instead.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Both myself and my mother have had two parcels delivered (two separate accounts) yesterday to PM but have yet to be signed in at base. Interesting to see how long it takes, I don't usually see when they get delivered.

Ok so update for me from dpd that my parcel was delievered to and signed for at the parcelmotel depot in antrim last tuesday 15th, surely it shouldnt take a week to get from there to my locker in dublin....is there a rep on here or a contact number for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Couldn't believe it but a parcel arrived in Antrim yesterday for me and was in the locker at 7am this morning in Dublin

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Couldn't believe it but a parcel arrived in Antrim yesterday for me and was in the locker at 7am this morning in Dublin

I ain't even mad....

*Checks site and zendesk for update.*
    Nope.

vSRbq8I.png

It's a good thing they 'd that one, eh?

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

markc91 wrote: »
    Ok so update for me from dpd that my parcel was delievered to and signed for at the parcelmotel depot in antrim last tuesday 15th, surely it shouldnt take a week to get from there to my locker in dublin....is there a rep on here or a contact number for them?

Try 01 8835442 best between 9 and 10 AM

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Hi all,

First time tryin to use PM.

I'm ordering from Currys uk.

Entering the Antrim address, (billing and shipping address set to same), paying via PayPal on the website but it won't the order won't process.

Just tell me it can't process, was same yesterday!

Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

only your delivery address needs to be Antrim PM Address

your actually billing address should be used

this should work, let me know if it doesnt.
    guideanna wrote: »
    Hi all,

First time tryin to use PM.

I'm ordering from Currys uk.

Entering the Antrim address, (billing and shipping address set to same), paying via PayPal on the website but it won't the order won't process.

Just tell me it can't process, was same yesterday!

Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Parcel Motel's service has gone to hell in a handcart lately. Check the comments on their Facebook page. I've used them maybe ten times without problems, but now I have a missing parcel that was checked in to their locker in Dublin ten days ago and hasn't been heard of since. Hard not to be thinking of staff pilfering at this stage. Getting no satisfaction from their support systems.

At what point does their €100 compensation cover kick in I wonder?

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Parcel Motel's service has gone to hell in a handcart lately. Check the comments on their Facebook page. I've used them maybe ten times without problems, but now I have a missing parcel that was checked in to their locker in Dublin ten days ago and hasn't been heard of since. Hard not to be thinking of staff pilfering at this stage. Getting no satisfaction from their support systems.

JC

The T&C's state a claim must be made in writing within 14 days ...
    Our Liability howsoever arising and notwithstanding that the cause of any theft, loss or damage be explained or unexplained shall not exceed:

a) The replacement value of any goods or merchandise stolen, lost or damaged OR
    b) EUR €100 (one hundred euro) whichever shall be the least
    We shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be liable for indirect or consequential loss such as (but not limited to) loss of profits, loss of market or the consequences of delay or deviation however caused.

By special arrangement agreed in writing and in advance of accepting a Parcel from you we may from time to time accept liability in excess of the of the limit set out above upon you agreeing to pay additional charges for us accepting such increased liability. Details of additional services are available upon request.

Any claim by you against us arising in respect of any service provided by us shall be made in writing and notified to us within 14 (fourteen) days of the date upon which you became or should have become aware of any event or occurrence alleged to give rise to such claim. Any not made and notified as aforesaid shall be deemed to be waived and absolutely barred except where you can show that it was impossible for you to comply with this time limit. Notwithstanding the aforementioned time limit we shall in any event be discharged of all liability whatsoever howsoever arising in respect of any service provided unless a claim is brought within 6 (six) months from the date of the event or occurrence alleged to give rise to a cause of claim against us.

Please allow up to 30 days for liability payment processing and please note that proof of purchase may be required.

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201991121-Parcel-Motel-Terms-Conditions

How this applies in the current chaos, I've no idea.

JCJCJC wrote: »

JC

Contact the first via Email.

I submitted a claim via Email approx 9 days after over due and it was accepted.

You need to submit a copy of your sales invoice.

Their system is - refund to your PM account immediatly,
    pay into to your pay pal account after 7 working days,
    A cheque posted to your home address after 14 working days.

Having said that I opted for payment to my paypal account , it is now 8 working days since my application --still nothing in paypal.
    So I will contact them again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

All my parcels are coming through in 24hrs. And I pick them up within 47...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Have been using Parcel Motel for a good few years now, however am not going to be using them again. Their customer support if non existent!
    Recently they charged my credit card for a free delivery option on orders from Nespresso. My account page on their website had a debit and a credit cancelling each other out as it was a free transaction, however when I got my statement from my bank they charged me for the transaction. I sent them an e-mail asking them to look into etc. After 6 days having received no response from them I emailed them again, and after 2/3 more days still no response to either support tickets, aside from the automated mails to say they received the support and should be in touch within one working day or so.
    Nothing annoys me more than lack of response and these days there are other companies offering the same service. They obviously don't care about their customers anymore so they won't be getting my business in the future. This is just to warn others of their lack of care and support for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

Whats the alternative to parcel motel in Ireland?? No response to ticket submitted after 10 days. I assume package is lost at this stage. Im just going to buy it again and get it sent direct. Depot in Galway broken for 2 days. No one emails you back or responds to twitter or tickets. Whats that point....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Whats the alternative to parcel motel in Ireland?? No response to ticket submitted after 10 days. I assume package is lost at this stage. Im just going to buy it again and get it sent direct. Depot in Galway broken for 2 days. No one emails you back or responds to twitter or tickets. Whats that point....

DPD Parcel Wizard the deliver to your designated address, home, work, friend, etc and Addrespal they have a mainland address you collect from post office. Careful with parcel sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

nava wrote: »
    DPD Parcel Wizard the deliver to your designated address, home, work, friend, etc and Addrespal they have a mainland address you collect from post office. Careful with parcel sizes.

Parcelwizard now also allows you to collect the parcel in Stores (like parcelconnect) which might be better for opening times. More info here. They also have way bigger dimensions/weight allowance than Parcelmotel.

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Have been using Parcel Motel for a good few years now, however am not going to be using them again. Their customer support if non existent!
    Recently they charged my credit card for a free delivery option on orders from Nespresso. My account page on their website had a debit and a credit cancelling each other out as it was a free transaction, however when I got my statement from my bank they charged me for the transaction. I sent them an e-mail asking them to look into etc. After 6 days having received no response from them I emailed them again, and after 2/3 more days still no response to either support tickets, aside from the automated mails to say they received the support and should be in touch within one working day or so.
    Nothing annoys me more than lack of response and these days there are other companies offering the same service. They obviously don't care about their customers anymore so they won't be getting my business in the future. This is just to warn others of their lack of care and support for their customers.

I am now waiting 9 days for a payment due to a parcel been lost.
    I was advised that the refund would take 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Ordered a bottle of rum through parcel motel, then realised it's on their list of prohibited items. Doh. Anyone know if prohibited items get sent back to sender? Weird thing is they put it through my account/took payment but hasn't arrived at my motel.

I had a race with PM and PW. Had two items leave the UK with Amazon Logistics.

PM signed for 9:07am and took 51hrs to be available for collection.

PW signed for around 11am and was delivered at 9:30am the following day.

I wasn't using a locker either with PM, Delivery is to the local depot by default as locker always full.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Picked up my parcel on Monday only to realise it wasn't mine but someone else's. Have emailed them twice since Monday, messaged them on Facebook today. Don't know if the other person has my parcel or where it is. First issue I have had. Mistakes happen but it's their lack of response to solving it is the infuriating thing as obviously there are 2 people without their packages as a result of their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Berty wrote: »
    I had a race with PM and PW. Had two items leave the UK with Amazon Logistics.

PM signed for 9:07am and took 51hrs to be available for collection.

PW signed for around 11am and was delivered at 9:30am the following day.

I wasn't using a locker either with PM, Delivery is to the local depot by default as locker always full.

How long were you waiting for PM to alert you with the screenshot of the package that was signed for?

I had an Amazon Logistics parcel delivered to the PM address in Newtown abbey at around 9AM yesterday morning according to tracking but I still haven't had any alert about them having received it yet. When do they actually photograph the package. Is it only when they schedule it to go to the locker or once they receive it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Digiby wrote: »
    How long were you waiting for PM to alert you with the screenshot of the package that was signed for?

I had an Amazon Logistics parcel delivered to the PM address in Newtown abbey at around 9AM yesterday morning according to tracking but I still haven't had any alert about them having received it yet. When do they actually photograph the package. Is it only when they schedule it to go to the locker or once they receive it?
    Once it arrives at the Dublin depot, IIRC

Digiby wrote: »

It was the following day that it was scanned in Finglas(no picture oddly enough) and turned up in Limerick the following day.

Mine was signed for at 9:07am which gives them more than enough time to move it to Dublin for that days scans but they didn't move it.

As I mention to them "Stop promising 24 hours if you can't do it" and in my opinion it's not just Christmas this happens either.

In these times of despair and seemingly endless delay, I think we should all turn to seek solace in the wisdom of an age old maxim from the popular era of the self addressed envelope:

'Please allow up to 28 days for delivery.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Berty wrote: »
    It was the following day that it was scanned in Finglas(no picture oddly enough) and turned up in Limerick the following day.

Mine was signed for at 9:07am which gives them more than enough time to move it to Dublin for that days scans but they didn't move it.

As I mention to them "Stop promising 24 hours if you can't do it" and in my opinion it's not just Christmas this happens either.

Starting to worry about mine now. It still hasn't been scanned through in Dublin so it'll be 48 hours in the morning when it was signed for. I've opened a ticket in the meantime and I seem to have an agent at least looking into it for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement