Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Digiby wrote: »
    Starting to worry about mine now. It still hasn't been scanned through in Dublin so it'll be 48 hours in the morning when it was signed for. I've opened a ticket in the meantime and I seem to have an agent at least looking into it for me.

I had something delivered to PM in North yesterday at 7am from Amazon. Was sent mail it was in Dublin depot at 6pm-ish yesterday. Last update was it was on way to motel.

Still waiting for it to hit the motel in south Dublin now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Had two items delivered yesterday morning to PM Antrim. Both scanned into Dublin yesterday around 6PM. One was ready for collection this afternoon at 12 still waiting on the other.

The delays are mention on this blog

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The delays are mention on this blog
    Would be a lot handier if they sent the QR code in the notification email.

Its really stupid that they don't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Anybody else get a pic like this?

y8wlpuN.png

I'm not really sure what i'm looking at, but it's been in transit for nearly 48 hrs whatever it is.
    Could be a shower curtain made from recycled IKEA bags for all i know.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a postal bag. Somebody goofed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I just got an e-mail that I got a free stay because of my recent negative experience:
    We're really sorry about your negative experience with our support centre recently.

By way of apology we're offering you a free stay (€3.95) which has already been added to your account. You can check your account ..

We are constantly updating our processes in order to improve our service levels to offer you the best possible service and you will see some of these in your Parcel Motel account area today.

Thank you for choosing Parcel Motel,

The Parcel Motel Team

As if I'm crazy enough to use them. Nice gesture but giving the recent comments here I am not sure I want to chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got my free stay as well.

I saw one of your posted on Facebook referring to boards.ie.

Who is it? SHOW YOURSELF!

Seems to be more customer service in here between us lot than by PM. We can't find stuff they have and neither can they anyway. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Still no sign of my parcel being scanned yet that was delivered over two days ago.

The person I was chatting to via email was fairly prompt and helpful though and said they'd update me if anything comes through.
    They said it could be an oversized item and as a result this is delaying the processing as they are sorted manually instead of automatically like smaller packages. This was my first order through Amazon prime thinking it would be speedy enough but it's starting to look like a lost parcel now and could be out €250 :(
    I'll wait and see if anything comes through by the end of the day.

Still no sign of my parcel being scanned yet that was delivered over two days ago.

The person I was chatting to via email was fairly prompt and helpful though and said they'd update me if anything comes through.
    They said it could be an oversized item and as a result this is delaying the processing as they are sorted manually instead of automatically like smaller packages. This was my first order through Amazon prime thinking it would be speedy enough but it's starting to look like a lost parcel now and could be out €250 :(
    I'll wait and see if anything comes through by the end of the day.

It's just the rush at this time of year. I've used PM for ages now and I normally get the item the same day they get it in Belfast. Give it time to show up if it's a big item. They were slower for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

I have a FB account but not very familiar with how it works.
    Can anybody advise me how to put an entry on the PM facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

fernrock wrote: »

Looks like they do not reply to many comments on their Facebook, but you could try.

Go to https://www.facebook.com/ParcelMotel/?fref=ts scroll to a Post, you should see "Write a comment" click there and type your comments, (everyone can see the comments).

If you want to send them a private message, under their top picture, click on Message, that should get a new pop-up to send them a message direct to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

fernrock wrote: »

Im trying to trace a package with them myself, rang Nightline and they put me through to them, on hold for about 20 mins but eventually got talking to an agent...

No idea of what their actual number is though!

I called 018162388

Fieldog wrote: »
    Im trying to trace a package with them myself, rang Nightline and they put me through to them, on hold for about 20 mins but eventually got talking to an agent...

No idea of what their actual number is though!

I called 018162388

Try 01 8835442

nava wrote: »
    Looks like they do not reply to many comments on their Facebook, but you could try.

Go to https://www.facebook.com/ParcelMotel/?fref=ts scroll to a Post, you should see "Write a comment" click there and type your comments, (everyone can see the comments).

If you want to send them a private message, under their top picture, click on Message, that should get a new pop-up to send them a message direct to them.

Thanks for that info.

F

My average size package turned up last night. So 48hrs was the delivery time from we have parcel in Dublin to getting it checked in. Normally it's the same day as recieved in Belfast I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Had two oversize items received in Belfast on Thurs morning. Still no sign of them on Parcel Motel yet. The whole 24h turnaround is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Ordered something during the week. Got a text and email last night from PM advising that they were experiencing difficulties in the Maynooth parcel motels so they were sending out a yellow bus this morning to handle overflow. Rocked up this morning and collected my parcel, no hassle. Job done, no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Reati wrote: »
    My average size package turned up last night. So 48hrs was the delivery time from we have parcel in Dublin to getting it checked in. Normally it's the same day as recieved in Belfast I get it.

48 hrs is still pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fxotoole wrote: »

Yes, 72+ hrs is okay as well so long as that's their promised service level you agree to when entering into paying for their services.

They could always ammened their terms to say November and December are 48hrs but trying to sell a service this time of year at 24hrs and failing is probably causing most of their support tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Had two oversize items received in Belfast on Thurs morning. Still no sign of them on Parcel Motel yet. The whole 24h turnaround is a bit of a joke.

In a similar situation right now too. Had a possible oversized item delivered Wednesday morning but no sign of it on Parcel Motel yet. Hoping it's just a backlog of items they have to work through. I've had about 30 orders through Parcel Motel and this is the first time I've experienced a delay with them acknowledging the delivery. I don't mind waiting a few days, just so long as I know they've gotten it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Berty wrote:
    They could always ammened their terms to say November and December are 48hrs but trying to sell a service this time of year at 24hrs and failing is probably causing most of their support tickets.

Pretty sure it says it on the website

fxotoole wrote: »

At this time of year yes, other times it's normally within the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,084 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In a similar situation right now too. Had a possible oversized item delivered Wednesday morning but no sign of it on Parcel Motel yet. Hoping it's just a backlog of items they have to work through. I've had about 30 orders through Parcel Motel and this is the first time I've experienced a delay with them acknowledging the delivery. I don't mind waiting a few days, just so long as I know they've gotten it.

I'd an oversized item, by 3 cm on one dimension, delivered last Monday morning at 8.00.

I didn't hear anything from PM until Friday morning, when it finally showed up in my account. Should be delivered to my work address on Monday hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

In very similar situation too, oversized package delivered on Thursday morning and no sign of it on Parcel Motel. While I don't wish hardship on anyone I am kind of relieved to see others in this situation. Allays my fears that they've lost my package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

In these times of despair and seemingly endless delay, I think we should all turn to seek solace in the wisdom of an age old maxim from the popular era of the self addressed envelope:

'Please allow up to 28 days for delivery.'
    Not when you are promised and paying for 24 hour delivery. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Riva10 wrote: »

Ah here, I was only messin :pac:
    Most of us in a similar boat here.

Still waiting for something sent from UK on morning of Monday 14th. Almost 100% certain it arrived with in their Dublin depot on 17th-18th.

However, they seem to be holding onto items and only checking them in after a few days...
    Kind of a shady thing to do, but it's probably an attempt to make their turnaround times appear more reasonable.

My package was checked in on afternoon of 23rd, I've sent them two messages and received no communication.

Can't help but laugh. At this stage I'll be relieved if it arrives at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We had two parcels go to the Antrim address on the 21st (confirmed by sender) - one of which is classed as oversized. One arrived to our local PM collection power yesterday and the other is knocking around somewhere in Dublin but they are replying to emails and we are trying to get it sent down to Waterford where it was supposed to go in the first place. The smaller parcels appear to be going at a relatively normal pace. But to give credit, they are responding promptly to all our communications by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I've one missing since Thursday morning when the tracking says it was delivered at 10:30.. No sign of it yet.
    It was a desktop PC from Dell outlet so it should be hard to lose.
    Hoping that Dell addressed it correctly.

Rang this morning and got through to someone who hopefully follows up on it.

It does seem that they are getting swamped and the fall in sterling is probably exacerbating the problem.

Not only parcels going missing.
    I am due a refund for a lost package since 11th.
    Was initially told it would be in my paypal account in 7 days.
    Has not arrived yet (26th). Contacted them by phone today to be told it was sent out on time.
    They agreed to void it and resend again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Riva10 wrote: »

Out of interest, where in the Terms does it state that your parcel will be available within 24 hours after they go it in the North?

I know that on the support website they say within 1 working day (2 working days in December) but for some reason I can't find that commitment anywhere in either Terms or on the main pages.

So I wonder where you get the paying for 24 hour delivery from, it's not advertised or agreed to in the Terms.

Unless I really have overlooked it, so your feedback is welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement