Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Love if somebody posted a hidden camera to themselves. See what the warehousing/staffing is like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Because I'm bored and felt like doing the maths , my last parcel took 628hrs to arrive in the locker from when it was signed for in Antrim . Not that's service 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

fondriest wrote: »
    Because I'm bored and felt like doing the maths , my last parcel took 628hrs to arrive in the locker from when it was signed for in Antrim . Not that's service 😡

26 days?!??!:eek:

Times are tough it seems. Rumour now has it they've outsourced all their delivery operations from Antrim to one Deliveroo courier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

26 days?!??!:eek:

Times are tough it seems. Rumour now has it they've outsourced all their delivery operations from Antrim to one Deliveroo courier.

you could be right .

I have seen unmarked white vans delivering nightline parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

Folks I have a quick question in relation to purchasing from Tesco Direct - as new customer I have to fill in a form - when I enter the postcode BT36 4PE - I get message that it is no a valid post code and then am prompted to select one of a load of addresses that pop up - any ideas???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

roise2000 wrote: »
    Folks I have a quick question in relation to purchasing from Tesco Direct - as new customer I have to fill in a form - when I enter the postcode BT36 4PE - I get message that it is no a valid post code and then am prompted to select one of a load of addresses that pop up - any ideas???

I got an error on amazon and it tried to select another one for me but I persisted and it worked in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

Cheers thanks - I eventually managed by selecting one of the addresses (DHL I think) at then later on I had option to change to the correct address - at that stage I added my PM code as part of address as it was not allowed as part of my name - just to be sure I emailed Parcel Motel with the address asking them to confirm the address is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Ok after getting a series of parcels within 24 hrs from Belfast to my locker, I've now a parcel stuck in the depot for 6 days now.

I fear the worst.....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Ok after getting a series of parcels within 24 hrs from Belfast to my locker, I've now a parcel stuck in the depot for 6 days now.

I fear the worst.....

Was the item possibly oversized? It looks like there's a huge delay / backlog of oversized parcels at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Digiby wrote: »
    Was the item possibly oversized? It looks like there's a huge delay / backlog of oversized parcels at the moment.

Definitely not, it's fairly small.

I've contacted them and await a reply :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Definitely not, it's fairly small.

I've contacted them and await a reply :(

I got charged the standard rate but highlighting the Tracking Number on my.parcelmotel.com/member shows it as a 'large' box. (tip: you can also click this number on previous items to view their tracking history)

I'm still waiting, with no reply to a ticket sent last tuesday.

It could just be backlog. Unfortunately there are also people who don't understand how to group their items on Amazon, so some people are taking up numerous spaces.

Complete shambles of an operation to be honest. Even the most basic of predictions should have anticipated and prepared for the volume of deliveries long in advance.

To further highlight their complete ineptitude, check out these 14 jobs advertised in the past week alone:eek:(!): http://www.monster.ie/jobs/search/?cy=IE&co=xnightlineiex&rad=20&nosal=false&sort=japt.rv.dt&pp=25&stp=jobads

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Oversized item arrived today (TV) and had damage on bottom. Turned it on and there is a large crack down the side of the screen :-(

No response yet from PM, but seller has offered a collect and replace. However this will have to be from the Belfast depot. Anyone know how to go about returning an oversize parcel to the depot for such a thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I've had 3 parcels through the system now in the next few days. The last 2 arrived but the first one has been sitting in the depot since Wednesday evening.

I think the issue is that it is classified as a large parcel on the site while the others are classified as medium. My local locker in Limerick has a much lower number of large lockers in comparison to the standard size.

I wouldn't mind though but that fecking parcel is the most expensive one. And I have a 4th parcel on the way to them - it should be medium sized though.

I presume they operate some sort of a FIFO queue (first in first out) and that it's not random or even worse LIFO (last in first out)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ring the limerick depot and ask him for an update. I commented to the manager when out there about customer service delays and he said to always ring your depot and seeing as he said that and it's your local depot, ring him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I would say give it another 24 hours first of all. They're probably inundated with packages all weekend from Black Friday sales. If it's not checked in by tomorrow afternoon I'd start chasing up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

i had a parcel delivered sat and still hasnt shown up, i actually ordered for someone else, a bit annoying, probably black friday like mentoined earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I had two packages delivered to Antrim, one and Friday and the other on Saturday morning. I had nothing showing online either until a short time ago I got the email saying it had arrived in the Dublin Depot, my packages would have been a medium size. So for the other posters on here who were in a similar situation to me, it seems Parcel Motel are getting things moving now. Hopefully everyone else receives notifications on their deliveries soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

yup mine showed up late in the evening too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Worth checking your email if you have an open support ticket.

I just got the following in an email:

"We upgraded the functionality of our support system with two new services - Find My Parcel and Parcel Diary.

Unfortunately, some support tickets were inadvertently closed as a result of this service upgrade and yours was included in this. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. If your query is still outstanding and relates to a parcel delivery or missing details from your address, please use one of the following services below. ............"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Still waiting for these shams to deliver a parcel that they received in their depot more than a month ago. I have opened numerous 'Support Requests' and they just ignore them and tag them as 'solved'.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Having an issue with Parcel Motel - I ordered something from Nisbits in the UK via Amazon & Parcel Motel. I had to send the item back so I went through the normal Amazon process and printed the label. The only way however Nisbits would take the item back (without me paying the return journey) was to courier it from where it was sent (Parcel Motel NI)

This is where it gets messy - I rang Parcel Motel on the 08/11 and they told me this wasn't a problem, I just needed to put the Amazon return label on the package along with the Parcel Motel sent item label and it would be fine. They even asked me who the courier was who was due to pick it up.

It seems the parcel is lost as the tracker hasn't moved since they picked it up. Since that date I've rang them 8 times and only received 1 return call from one of the helpdesk agents who was looking for the parcel. I asked to speak to a manager on the 23rd and was told again that they will call me back. I called up again on the 24th because the manager didn't ring me to be told again that a manager would call me back. I still haven't heard back from them via email or phone.

Anyone similar issues?
    What are my options here? The package is obviously lost I've asked to claim the liability but they won't ring me back, the helpdesk told me they didn't know how to apply for the liability and they won't return my emails where I have a detailed account of each call to their desk.

Doesn't take much to ring a customer to give an update on the situation. The item is worth more than the liability insurance but I'm willing to take that hit if I have to in order to get this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

Hey guys ive used PM before and have a few things im expecting in the next few days - just wondering has anyone bought a TV on amazon through parcel motel? if so any issues etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

dockc wrote: »
    Hey guys ive used PM before and have a few things im expecting in the next few days - just wondering has anyone bought a TV on amazon through parcel motel? if so any issues etc?

Thanks

Amazon ships most TV's up to 49" to Ireland, have you checked if your TV can't be delivered directly to you?

Remember the insurance only covers 100€ (or 200€ if you announce your parcel), so you will need to up your insurance (which costs up to 10.50€ for up to 1500€) unless you are willing to take a risk. And giving their current performance that is not something you should do.

That is in addition to the oversize charged you will occur and you will need to either collect it from the depot or pay again extra for the home delivery. Check here: https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/PriceCalculator

I would check if the TV can't be delivered directly and if after adding all of the extra cost of oversize and insurance it might not be cheaper to use an Irish company or maybe Richersounds.

Or if it's a real bargain not shipping to Ireland than check with DPD for a quote, they service is usually more robust.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

One of the others on the PM thread has been through this, might have been asgard.

Basically returns work this way:
    You get a return label from Antrim for Courier X
    Place package in locker
    PM collect it
    PM transit it to NI
    It sits there until Courier X happens to be delivering something to Antrim and they just hand it to said (who isnt expecting it)
    ** He doesn't sign for it **

You thus don't have a confirmed pickup and its a mess. TLDR: Parcel Motels return process doesn't work. Don't use them for returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gaelmart

Amazon ships most TV's up to 49" to Ireland, have you checked if your TV can't be delivered directly to you?

Remember the insurance only covers 100€ (or 200€ if you announce your parcel), so you will need to up your insurance (which costs up to 10.50€ for up to 1500€) unless you are willing to take a risk. And giving their current performance that is not something you should do.

That is in addition to the oversize charged you will occur and you will need to either collect it from the depot or pay again extra for the home delivery. Check here: https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/PriceCalculator

I would check if the TV can't be delivered directly and if after adding all of the extra cost of oversize and insurance it might not be cheaper to use an Irish company or maybe Richersounds.

Or if it's a real bargain not shipping to Ireland than check with DPD for a quote, they service is usually more robust.

Tip: Change your delivery option to home address before it arrives in PM as it's going to your home anyway(oversized). BUT if THEY do the redirecting to your home, it will cost you 7.99 extra plus greater chance of losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Hey, I was buying a present on the Outnet yesterday and decided to use Parcel Motel to avoid the high delivery charges to Ireland. I just received an email from the Outnet saying that "due to shipping restrictions, we are unable to send your order to the freight forwarding service that I have specified"

Anyone come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    Picked up my parcel on Monday only to realise it wasn't mine but someone else's. Have emailed them twice since Monday, messaged them on Facebook today. Don't know if the other person has my parcel or where it is. First issue I have had. Mistakes happen but it's their lack of response to solving it is the infuriating thing as obviously there are 2 people without their packages as a result of their mistake.

received a reply to my email after messaging them on Facebook. they refunded the cost and gave me 2 free stays but I'm no closer to receiving my own parcel. anyone here received the wrong parcel, I may have yours and you may have mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just out of interest I compared Parcel Motel with Address Pal in terms of standard package size, might be handy keeping both in mind.

Address Pal - 72cm X 31cm X 25cm 20kg

Parcel Motel - 64cm x 41cm x 38cm 10kg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Coles wrote: »
    Still waiting for these shams to deliver a parcel that they received in their depot more than a month ago. I have opened numerous 'Support Requests' and they just ignore them and tag them as 'solved'.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

I have a similar problem, except that they agreed on the 11th that it was lost and they would compensate me (€91) to my paypal account within 7 working days. Still waiting in spite of several more support requests and telephone calls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement