Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Had two oversize items received in Belfast on Thurs morning. Still no sign of them on Parcel Motel yet. The whole 24h turnaround is a bit of a joke.

Did these items ever show up on your account since?
    I'm still waiting for a package to even register on my account to say they've received it from the 23rd and I've still no update on it after chasing support.
    It was sent direct from Amazon so the shipping label should have my correct PM details as I've had several sent to it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yea that's exactly the issue - I'm more annoyed with the lack of communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Digiby wrote: »
    Did these items ever show up on your account since?
    I'm still waiting for a package to even register on my account to say they've received it from the 23rd and I've still no update on it after chasing support.
    It was sent direct from Amazon so the shipping label should have my correct PM details as I've had several sent to it before.

One which was received at Belfast on the 23rd is now ready for collection. The one which was received on the 24th at Belfast is still nowhere to be seen. Same as you this was direct from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    received a reply to my email after messaging them on Facebook. they refunded the cost and gave me 2 free stays but I'm no closer to receiving my own parcel. anyone here received the wrong parcel, I may have yours and you may have mine?

Yes lots of places won't deal with forwarding services as the delivery is outside of their control.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

rabwaygal wrote: »
    One which was received at Belfast on the 23rd is now ready for collection. The one which was received on the 24th at Belfast is still nowhere to be seen. Same as you this was direct from Amazon.

Mine has just been checked in. Hope yours gets sorted out quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Ok after getting a series of parcels within 24 hrs from Belfast to my locker, I've now a parcel stuck in the depot for 6 days now.

I fear the worst.....

Same here.Smal parcel arrived to Belfast on 23th(2 xbox one games).Still no sign and no reply from PM.My sons birthday is on saturday :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Another photo not of the item, getting shoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

If they get so busy around this time of year, they should hire more staff or whatever they need. I had something delivered to them yesterday, only just been charged for it now. God knows when it'll make it to Dublin. And I have more stuff on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Item delivered to them yesterday morning yet to show up on my account. Have been using them for 4-5 deliveries per week and never had this problem. Have around 10 parcel being delivered to them this week , hopefully I will get them all - fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Item delivered Saturday morning, signed for by PM in Antrim.

No sign so emailed Sunday evening, no reply.

Just emailed there again.

My PM ID is on it, its always is with Amazon.

Not impressed, time to look up Address Pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭davedub2015

Wondering if anyone could help me I bought three bottles of wine from uk cost me 20sterling and delivered to parcel motel(unaware they deliver alcohol etc) anyway made it to dublin depot pic sent via email and got this email today

Your parcel reference ################## is on hold for inspection by Customs.

You can contact the Customs Officer, Paul McPartlin, directly by email if you wish to know more about your parcel.

For information on prohibited items, please click here.

Kind Regards

The Parcel Motel Team

Does anyone know what will happen do i pay vat and excise and if so how much? And when should I hear back?
    Thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Wondering if anyone could help me I bought three bottles of wine from uk cost me 20sterling and delivered to parcel motel(unaware they deliver alcohol etc) anyway made it to dublin depot pic sent via email and got this email today

Your parcel reference ################## is on hold for inspection by Customs.

You can contact the Customs Officer, Paul McPartlin, directly by email if you wish to know more about your parcel.

For information on prohibited items, please click here.

Kind Regards

The Parcel Motel Team

Does anyone know what will happen do i pay vat and excise and if so how much? And when should I hear back?
    Thanks for help
    All the details here

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/excise/leaflets/pn1879.html

I'm afraid I don't know how PM handle these matters. Courier companies, e.g. DHL will request payment of revenue monies owed before they will exercise delivery

dan786 wrote: »
    Item delivered to them yesterday morning yet to show up on my account. Have been using them for 4-5 deliveries per week and never had this problem. Have around 10 parcel being delivered to them this week , hopefully I will get them all - fingers crossed.

It's an exceptionally busy time with black Friday, cyber Monday and Christmas. Be patient.

I've had 20 plus deliveries in the last two weeks. It's taking 2 to 4 days to process on average for me

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Item delivered Saturday morning, signed for by PM in Antrim.

No sign so emailed Sunday evening, no reply.

Just emailed there again.

My PM ID is on it, its always is with Amazon.

Not impressed, time to look up Address Pal.
    Not impressed? About what? You emailed them the day after arrival in antrim, that's mad. They're mental busy at the moment, just be patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I got a text from PM today to say not to worry they have got my package and they are just too backed up at the moment to deliver it. Have never got this before even during peak times, so at least it is some improvement. I really think they need to offer a €1 rebate for people who collect within 12 hours though - it would really speed things up. Another idea would be to have some kind of online tracking to see which motels are less busy (for those who have access to a couple of motels - they could pick the less busy one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thankfully my most expensive package, about 300 euro worth came along with others. Just have one in Antrim at the moment and if worst comes to worst it's worth under the standard 100 euro liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Melendez wrote: »
    Exactly.
    I find it extremely puzzling. By doing this they are really putting their support staff under a LOT of completely needless strain.

It's also absolutely ridiculous to delay the check in process.
    What is the idea? Is it really just to make the turnaround look better? Can anybody come up with a reasonable explanation?

The peace of mind of their customers should be paramount. It's creating an unnecessary ordeal and making people much more frustrated and angry than they ought to be.

For f sake, just create another status between 'checked in' and 'in transit'! Even dominos pizza have the absolutely ridiculous 'quality check' status on their tracker to allay any fears :P

Melendez wrote: »
    Any time I've used them before, the package was signed in and available on their tracking within the hour. If there is a delay after that, at least you know they are in possession of the package and they are taking responsibility for it, and I'm happy to forget about it until I get a text saying it has arrived in the locker.

When your courier says it is delivered and you get no acknowledgement for days that parcel motel have received it, then you are left in limbo until it comes up on the system. It's not a biggie, but it is an unnecessary headache when there are other ways to shop.

Ah I know it can be frustrating but they really are under the kosh at the moment. Last week at my local motel they had a parcel motel bus for 4 hours from which you could collect parcels from, such was the demand for locker space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Just got a text saying due to current high demand at my local motel they may forward future packages to another one nearby, at least they're trying to deal with it proactively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

I agree, it's kind of frustrating not knowing if your package is lost and you need to claim compensation or not.
    It's been a week now since they got my package in Antrim and there's still nothing on my account for it to say they even have it and that it's waiting to be sent out. So right now I don't know if it's "lost" or the backlog is taking over a week to process.

I'm probably mad to have two more deliveries going through the system in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Some amount of complaints on Facebook, lots with parcels not showing up in the system, not knowing where it is in Antrim. That's just going to drive lots of support requests and bad will.

They really need to sort themselves out, they're acting like a right shower of *****, terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I am patient, its not a really important package, as in not fir the kids etc. The parcel is for my Aunt, I told here about the great service that I use all the time, she said she'd see how it goes and will decide to sign up later!

I agree with a rebate for a short motel stay, I live very close to my one, it usually checks in around 11 pm and it suits me to call over at 12am and get it. So I'm using a 1 hour stay, but the locker isn't filled until 11 pm the next night. Where as some other parcels stay for 47 hours!

But to be honest, I have arranged alternatives for the parcels I ordered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I got a free stay credit and found a nice bargain on Amazon that did go nicely with that (as it's smaller package so I did not want to use DPD).

According to Royalmail it got delivered to me (or my neighbor) this morning at 0530 h.

Funny enough this only left the Amazon Logistics center in Saran, France on Tuesday afternoon (it was a UK order but by the looks of it they now also use the French location).

I mean I don't think that anybody is at Parcelmotel at 0530 in the morning, so most likely this was dumped into a container designated for Parcelmotel and that scan was Royalmail having done their job.

So now once the container is picked up by Parcelmotel, it's going to be interesting to see how long it takes to be in their system and finally delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Royally pissed this morning.

6AM - get a text, yay.
    8.55AM - Arrive at PM to collect.

No package. They really are falling over themselves. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Seems it's not just PM. I got a text from fastway saying my sportsdirect order is out for delivery. Never ordered anything from them. Also got an email addressed to me with my name saying it has been delivered to PM. The pm id is not mine. Its for another person.Very strange they'd have my name and phone number and someone else's parcel in pm and I'm eagerly awaiting my own update from pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Have you checked your sportsdirect account (if you have one) to ensure it's not compromised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Have you checked your sportsdirect account (if you have one) to ensure it's not compromised?

Just checked my SD account and I have no saved details anyway. Paypal is all clear as is my bank account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

Pin numbers didn't work for my parcels, went down Sunday morning and Monday evening to collect, no joy. Parcels have now been taken back to their depot for reprocessing. Very annoyed, not one response from them on the issue and most likely I'm going to be charged again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement