Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Wottle wrote: »
    Pin numbers didn't work for my parcels, went down Sunday morning and Monday evening to collect, no joy. Parcels have now been taken back to their depot for reprocessing. Very annoyed, not one response from them on the issue and most likely I'm going to be charged again.

Did you try the QR code?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

three parcels missing now - heard nothing since they were delivered to Antrim. First time having problem with them, I have been with them for over a year with 4-5 deliveries every week. I have increased the liability to 500 just incase.

Have 5 more parcels being delivered to them today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

Did you try the QR code?

No, never collected that way, didn't even know it was a thing but now you say it fairly sure there was a reference to it on the screen, too late now as its now saying " returned to agency".
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Royally pissed this morning.

6AM - get a text, yay.
    8.55AM - Arrive at PM to collect.

No package. They really are falling over themselves. Ugh.
    Wottle wrote: »
    Pin numbers didn't work for my parcels, went down Sunday morning and Monday evening to collect, no joy. Parcels have now been taken back to their depot for reprocessing. Very annoyed, not one response from them on the issue and most likely I'm going to be charged again.

Sounds similar to mine. Did you get a "Something Went Wrong" message when entering correct details?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

I am having awful trouble with parcel motel when relatively have a trouble free period with them the last three years. My item was in the locker but locker wouldn't open. I emailed the address and no reply. I emailed again two days later and tweeted them and still nothing. I have emailed daily about this issue the last 10 days and nothing. Facebook and twitter the same. In the mean time another item arrived with them last Thursday, I got a mail to say it was in their Dublin office. But that has never made it to me either. I have rang and been on hold for 45 minuteds and nothing, it's outrageous. Anybody any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

ED E wrote: »
    Sounds similar to mine. Did you get a "Something Went Wrong" message when entering correct details?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Christmas is coming. Don't they have issues and delays at this time every year?

Rackstar wrote: »
    Christmas is coming. Don't they have issues and delays at this time every year?

Delays of maybe two or three days for processing. This is two weeks. Seen on their twitter they are a lot of people annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged in Parcel Motel megathread

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

With the amount of complaints they really need to be more proactive in changing their SLAs during busy times - once they update people more and communicate delays with the system most people will understand and wait that bit longer.

They need to check items quicker into the system. Having items delivered to Antrim then not showing up on the Parcel Motel system for a long time creates concern.

With the issues at the moment they should also look into the cost to them to increasing their standard liability from the current €100, which isn't all that high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

All this hassle wit pin codes etc in tempted to opt for home delivery but thats going to cost 7.95. Could be the safer option though?

Slunk wrote: »
    All this hassle wit pin codes etc in tempted to opt for home delivery but thats going to cost 7.95. Could be the safer option though?

If I could get a response from them that's what I would do

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Slunk wrote: »

A lot of peoples packages aren't even getting checked into the system so there might not even be a package for home delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CH3OH wrote: »
    I've one missing since Thursday morning when the tracking says it was delivered at 10:30.. No sign of it yet.
    It was a desktop PC from Dell outlet so it should be hard to lose.
    Hoping that Dell addressed it correctly.

Rang this morning and got through to someone who hopefully follows up on it.

It does seem that they are getting swamped and the fall in sterling is probably exacerbating the problem.

My Dell outlet delivery turned up yesterday morning and at least I can see a picture of the box as it is now logged. It turns out to be oversize by a couple of cm on 1 dimension.
    I still haven't sorted out delivery to my home as there is no option to select this yet ( I have selected the option of redirecting oversize to my home on my address under settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Just looking at the numbers on the 'Support Requests'. Up to 3 weeks ago there were a total of 150'000 requests since the service started (4.5 years ago?). Now the number stands at 167'000. It looks like a complete meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Its a complete meltdown each year. I don't have the numbers but I'd presume Parcel Motel is the most popular of Parcel Motel/Wizard/Connect AddressPal. I think they just need to be more open and say it may take 3-4 days to be checked in and ask customers not to contact them until this time has passed. So only parcels that are genuinely delayed (compared to the new timeframe) result in support requests. I've a parcel that hasn't been checked in for 2 days now but can't say I'm overly worried. I'm sure theres a huge backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Coles wrote: »
    Just looking at the numbers on the 'Support Requests'. Up to 3 weeks ago there were a total of 150'000 requests since the service started (4.5 years ago?). Now the number stands at 167'000. It looks like a complete meltdown.

I'd say a lot of these are duplicate tickets too though. People submit a ticket and hear absolutely nothing for 2 - 3 days so open another and another.

They should really put a notification on their site just to let people know that yes, there's a day of up to 2 - 3 days checking in your package due to high volumes. People are so used to getting a notification within 12 - 24 hours that anything beyond this and they'll think it's been lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I think by the sounds of it this year is worse than last. At least last year they were dealing with tickets. This year they don't seem to be too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

If I could get a response from them that's what I would do

Log into your account and go to settings. Where you select your motel there's an option for home delivery or depot collect. I've just went with home delivery to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Has anybody noticed a change in their motel? I went in to do a top-up after getting an insufficient funds notification and I noticed that my motel had changed from my local Topaz to my local Tesco. I thought maybe the topaz one had closed but it was still available on the list. I didn't get any notification that my default motel had changed and I don't recall changing it (and in fact I got a delivery to the topaz one just a week ago). All very strange!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I've changed my location to the Limerick depot in Annacotty rather than the lockers at Chawkes's in Castletroy. I pass both every day and the opening opens at the depot are 08:30-19:30 Mon-Fri and 08:30-11:30 Sat.

Supposedly the lockers in Castletroy are backed up badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    three parcels missing now - heard nothing since they were delivered to Antrim. First time having problem with them, I have been with them for over a year with 4-5 deliveries every week. I have increased the liability to 500 just incase.

Have 5 more parcels being delivered to them today :(

Update: Two out of the Three parcels delivered Monday and yesterday were just checked into my account. Third one still out in the wild.

5 were delivered today , lets see how long they take.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Maybe we should all meet up in front of the depot on Friday at 1100 and demand our parcels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Got an email response today 30/11/16, for my email on the 16/11/16. 2 weeks to answer an email????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Amazon delivered my Santa presents last Friday, zero contact from PM, put in support request Monday, finally had a message today asking me for the contents of my package...life wtf does it matter,...just tell me when my stuff will arrive this week, ..next week ?? give me something time-frame...this silence is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Amazon delivered my Santa presents last Friday, zero contact from PM, put in support request Monday, finally had a message today asking me for the contents of my package...life wtf does it matter,...just tell me when my stuff will arrive this week, ..next week ?? give me something time-frame...this silence is ridiculous.

Thats how they identify packages that have been lost due to an invalid/damaged address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Seriously doubt they are sitting on >10,000 damaged items, hundreds of online complaints going back to Fri,...all they need do is be honest and transparent, whats the issue, when do they expect to resolve it, and put peoples minds at ease, knowing their stuff will arrive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Maybe someone here can clue me in on the oversized parcel thing.

I have a support request in for ages... no answer.. etc etc.

I ordered a telly last week.

It'd be the first time I've ever done the oversized thing.

So, whats the drill?

Do they receive the parcel and then notify me and ask me where I want to collect it?
    Or.. will it just go straight to the depot here in Galway ?

Or ...what?

Cos I would be fine with going and picking it up in the depot in galway.

But the support docs just don't explain it properly.. they only mention the depot in Dublin... and I would not be so fine with having to drive all the way up there...

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

vidapura wrote: »
    Maybe someone here can clue me in on the oversized parcel thing.

I have a support request in for ages... no answer.. etc etc.

I ordered a telly last week.

It'd be the first time I've ever done the oversized thing.

So, whats the drill?

Do they receive the parcel and then notify me and ask me where I want to collect it?
    Or.. will it just go straight to the depot here in Galway ?

Or ...what?

Cos I would be fine with going and picking it up in the depot in galway.

But the support docs just don't explain it properly.. they only mention the depot in Dublin... and I would not be so fine with having to drive all the way up there...

Thanks

They normally notify you when it's checked in and give you the option to collect at your local Depot or have it delivered directly to you, both of which incur an extra charge. €7.50 for collection at depot.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement