Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BigDickLanger

We need Donal MacIntyre to get someone in there working undercover to find out whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just got the following text from Parcel Motel:

Due to the busy Christmas period parcels are taking a little longer than usual to reach you. Don't worry though, your parcel PCL4XXXXXXX, is safe and in a queue to be stored in your Parcel Motel. You will receive your PIN when your parcel is stored.

Let's see how long it takes. Thankfully it's not time critical. Last time to use PM this year. Should be safe to use them again from February onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Due to the busy Christmas period parcels are taking a little longer than usual to reach you. Don't worry though, your parcel PCL4XXXXXXX, is safe and in a queue to be stored in your Parcel Motel. You will receive your PIN when your parcel is stored.

Let's see how long it takes. Thankfully it's not time critical. Last time to use PM this year. Should be safe to use them again from February onwards.

At least they've put your mind at ease somewhat.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Got a TXT myself saying some of email they sent bounced and to modify my email address.

I had an eir Web-mail address.,I know there are occasional issues logging on the eir webmail site but I didn't think email would not get delivered.
    Anybody else get something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

At least they've put your mind at ease somewhat.

Up to that text I hadn't even known that the item was delivered. Estimated delivery date from the seller was December 2nd :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

4 parcels in the system the past week or so, 3 delivered and 1 now just checked into Antrim.

I was a bit nervous for 2 of them in particular as they had items totaling €200 and €300. The last item is worth just under €80 so at least it is within the standard liability if things go sideways.

By they way the tracking on the main Nightline site is often more detailed than the Parcel Motel site in many instances.

Got to http://www.nightline.ie/ and enter your PRCLXXXXXXXXX number.

Last week Parcel Motel made it seem like one package was in Dublin when it was actually in the Limerick depot getting scanned every morning waiting for a free locker at my preferred location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    three parcels missing now - heard nothing since they were delivered to Antrim. First time having problem with them, I have been with them for over a year with 4-5 deliveries every week. I have increased the liability to 500 just incase.

Have 5 more parcels being delivered to them today :(
    Update: Two out of the Three parcels delivered Monday and yesterday were just checked into my account. Third one still out in the wild.

5 were delivered today , lets see how long they take.

All 3 delivered to them Monday and yesterday have been checked in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Lucky you. I'm still waiting for any meaningful communication.

Day 33. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Coles wrote: »

Jesus, that's pulling the p*ss altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Up to Day 8 myself now. No contact from support since Monday despite reaching out on social media. Still no sign of parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Digiby wrote: »
    Up to Day 8 myself now. No contact from support since Monday despite reaching out on social media. Still no sign of parcel.

Day 21 here , saga started 29th Oct. As a result of several Emails and phone calls, have been promised compensation within 7 working days since 11th.
    Still no money.
    I have now put pen to paper and written to head office.
    Should next move be small claims court?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It was 24hrs for me when I got that text, obviously it depends on how busy each drop is on a day to day basis.

Coles wrote: »

That definitely is way too slow and I would file a claim.

Just checked again and some parcels that were delivered today are checked in now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

I had no troubles my package arrived in Antrim late Monday night and got an email yesterdau saying they had it and got text this morning saying it was at my locker in limerick.. have another package on the way so getting a bit scared reading all the delays here...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Worked it out.

They moved my PM. Didn't tell me. Same area name, different service station so I didn't spot the difference.

For fùcks sake. Amateur hour stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Amazon messed up my order big time, instead of small boxes of Christmas lights I received 2 telescopes, I was surprised when I received a message from PM about oversize package at the beginning, but when I opened it I was shocked. Not only this ruined our Christmas lights On weekend but also cost me a trip to PM depot and extra charges.

Now, Amazon wants me to post it back, my big questions is: as the package oversized, how can I organise delivery back to merchant (this order is handled by Amazon but sold on marketplace), I can't see any options to do this on PM website, DHL estimates >€100 to deliver.

This brings a second question, Amazon, very often, packs the small items into bigger box, PM advertise to save on Irish delivery and use free UK, fair enough, but how can we be sure that item will not be oversized due to stupid Amazon packaging; a second item I received today, was in the large box and fitted almost side to side, delivery to Ireland was £12, which I decided to save by using PM, if it was one cm bigger, I would have paid: €7 for oversized item + €7 for delivery or same if I collected and paid 2 tolls and petrol. So the real question going forward how to be sure the item will fit the largest PM box?

Thanks.

If the box of telescopes Amazon sent to you was addressed to you (and it wasn't a PM mess up), I'd be getting onto Amazon support chat and having them arrange courier pickup. It was their error, and you shouldn't have to fork out of the cost of return.

Digiby wrote: »
    If the box of telescopes Amazon sent to you was addressed to you (and it wasn't a PM mess up), I'd be getting onto Amazon support chat and having them arrange courier pickup. It was their error, and you shouldn't have to fork out of the cost of return.

It was the Amazon mess-up for sure, but they assume the item is in NI at PM address, so how can I get it back there for collection?

Maybe just tell them to collect it from your work address, i.e your home address in the south as you won't be at "home" in the North :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Denisoftus wrote: »
    It was the Amazon mess-up for sure, but they assume the item is in NI at PM address, so how can I get it back there for collection?

Go on Live Chat with Amazon and explain the situation. They are normally very good. They might email you a An Post Label to use or else will reimburse you for postage. Make sure you know how much it will be before you go on live chat. Try parcel2go.com/ie if its too big for a PM locker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Denisoftus wrote: »

Get onto online chat. I find them very helpful.

I have been with Amazon chat, they only suggested to post it back and they will refund £10 postage, if more they need to be advised before. But question here really is about Parcel Motel, can we return oversized package with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Glad I came across this thread, at least I reckon it might not be lost! parcel delivered by amazon on Friday, not a sausage from parcel motel despite 2 emails.

Its a big enough package that would have only been €7 more expensive for home delivery directly with amazon.

Live and learn I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Received an oversized package (TV) today and found the package was damaged. When opened at home there was a large crack down the screen :-(

Seller has offered to do a collect and replace, but only from the original delivery address (i.e. Belfast depot). Brought the item to Dublin depot today and was told that they do not return oversized items even just between depots and I would require to arrange my own courier...wtf!
    Anybody else have experience of this?

Right so one of the parcels that arrived today and one that arrived Monday were just stored into the lockers - while the two large size ones are still in transit, I guess large lockers were full. Now to wait till tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

dazzday wrote: »
    Received an oversized package (TV) today and found the package was damaged. When opened at home there was a large crack down the screen :-(

Seller has offered to do a collect and replace, but only from the original delivery address (i.e. Belfast depot). Brought the item to Dublin depot today and was told that they do not return oversized items even just between depots and I would require to arrange my own courier...wtf!
    Anybody else have experience of this?

I'd say you're best bet is to get the label (if the seller can send it to you) then ring the depot of the courier and ask can you send the parcel straight to their depot instead of it being collecting. Then posting the TV up. Probably cost you around €20 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oodes

Whats the real deal on your rights with Parcel Motel? I know they say you have a €100 standard liability cover but is this legal? (I have a lost Parcel with them and they are terrible with customer service and the value of my parcel is about €180 , hence the rant)
    Can I take a claim to the small Claims court and if so would I be wasting my time?
    I bought good from the UK , it was registered post to Parcel Motel facility in Northern Ireland and was signed for by Parcel Motel staff or whoever works for them there and now the thing has vanished.

They have there terms and conditions here

http://www.parcelmotel.com/terms/

Are these legally binding?

They are providing a service which they failed miserable with. They had the goods in their possession and lost it so are they not now liable?

(and I know this is a very common problem recently , I only noticed how many times its happening since it happened to me and I started looking into it. Facebook and twitter littered with complaints about them)

On the consumerhelp.ie website its states that if you buy goods online and they dont arrive you can claim back the price of the goods from the seller using 'chargeback' but as the goods were delivered to Parcel Motel address in Northern Ireland does that mean they have fulfilled there part of the contract and no longer liable? Or could I still invoke this 'chargeback'?
    Is the consumer the one that loses out now in this case
    Ive heard recently about Amazon refusing to ship to Parcel Motel and I'm realising why . I for one won't be using them again. Ive heard 'DPD wizard' is a much more reliable service.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/online-returns#3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Fully legal, charge back won't work. If sending high value goods you should insure them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭irishgeo

you could have increased the liability for a limited time on the parcel motel website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,084 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

oodes wrote: »
    Whats the real deal on your rights with Parcel Motel? I know they say you have a €100 standard liability cover but is this legal? (I have a lost Parcel with them and they are terrible with customer service and the value of my parcel is about €180 , hence the rant)
    Can I take a claim to the small Claims court and if so would I be wasting my time?
    I bought good from the UK , it was registered post to Parcel Motel facility in Northern Ireland and was signed for by Parcel Motel staff or whoever works for them there and now the thing has vanished.

They have there terms and conditions here

http://www.parcelmotel.com/terms/

Are these legally binding?

They are providing a service which they failed miserable with. They had the goods in their possession and lost it so are they not now liable?

(and I know this is a very common problem recently , I only noticed how many times its happening since it happened to me and I started looking into it. Facebook and twitter littered with complaints about them)

On the consumerhelp.ie website its states that if you buy goods online and they dont arrive you can claim back the price of the goods from the seller using 'chargeback' but as the goods were delivered to Parcel Motel address in Northern Ireland does that mean they have fulfilled there part of the contract and no longer liable? Or could I still invoke this 'chargeback'?
    Is the consumer the one that loses out now in this case
    Ive heard recently about Amazon refusing to ship to Parcel Motel and I'm realising why . I for one won't be using them again. Ive heard 'DPD wizard' is a much more reliable service.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/online-returns#3

As far as the seller is concerned the item was delivered so I wouldn't do a charge back.

Parcel Motel have a shopping tracker that you fill in and they increase your liability to €200 for free.

You can also pay for additional cover up to €500 (I think) for a small fee.

When was your item delivered? Is it a small package or oversized? At this time of the year Parcel Motel get extremely busy so your parcel may not be lost but just delayed in being processed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement