Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oodes

Fully legal, charge back won't work. If sending high value goods you should insure them.

Whats the deal then with there extended liability? (I only found out about this after also )

They offer 14 days extended liability for €3.50. They have no record of my parcel arriving in their Dublin depot or even acknowledged it was received in their Northern Ireland facility. So in theory could I still purchase it and be covered as they won't admit to even been in possession of it yet? (Even though I know it was signed for by them)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oodes

emmetkenny wrote: »
    As far as the seller is concerned the item was delivered so I wouldn't do a charge back.

Parcel Motel have a shopping tracker that you fill in and they increase your liability to €200 for free.

You can also pay for additional cover up to €500 (I think) for a small fee.

When was your item delivered? Is it a small package or oversized? At this time of the year Parcel Motel get extremely busy so your parcel may not be lost but just delayed in being processed.

Thats very interesting about the extended liability , do you know where that is stated? I filled out a 'parcel finder' , is this the same thing?

My item is 8 days overdue. Its not late because I had another package arrived in the Northern Ireland depot on Thursday last and I had it in my motel on Saturday last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

They are turning into a bit of a shambles this year of late. Now they have a magic bus:

"Hello. As your Parcel Motel at Topaz Lissenhall Donabate is extremely busy at the moment, we have arranged a temporary pickup point from the Parcel Motel bus which will be parked at the Topaz tomorrow from 5pm to 9pm with your parcel on board. Please check your email for further details. Thanks"

Apparently if 5-9 doesn't suit it goes back to wherever and you wait another two days (theoretically) for it to return to the PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SKATEGx3

I've had a parcel come from the UK trough DPD
    and it arrived in athlone and was delivered up to Antrim and signed for by a guy named baxtor??
    Anybody ever have this situation this has never happend to me and I order of my supplier every 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Gatster wrote: »
    They are turning into a bit of a shambles this year of late. Now they have a magic bus:

"Hello. As your Parcel Motel at Topaz Lissenhall Donabate is extremely busy at the moment, we have arranged a temporary pickup point from the Parcel Motel bus which will be parked at the Topaz tomorrow from 5pm to 9pm with your parcel on board. Please check your email for further details. Thanks"

Apparently if 5-9 doesn't suit it goes back to wherever and you wait another two days (theoretically) for it to return to the PM.
    They've being doing that for the past 10 days at various locations.

Not sure why that's a shambles though, at least they're trying to put solutions in place for the huge demand they are dealing with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,084 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

oodes wrote: »
    Thats very interesting about the extended liability , do you know where that is stated? I filled out a 'parcel finder' , is this the same thing?

My item is 8 days overdue. Its not late because I had another package arrived in the Northern Ireland depot on Thursday last and I had it in my motel on Saturday last.

The website has changed a bit but I think it's called Parcel Entry or Parcel Diary now.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

3rd text to remind me not to worry about my parcel. It's with them a week now. The other one where the locker was broke still no sign but did get an email back (9 days from my original one) to say it would be available last night. Alas it was a lie and still no sign

oodes wrote: »
    Whats the deal then with there extended liability? (I only found out about this after also )

They offer 14 days extended liability for €3.50. They have no record of my parcel arriving in their Dublin depot or even acknowledged it was received in their Northern Ireland facility. So in theory could I still purchase it and be covered as they won't admit to even been in possession of it yet? (Even though I know it was signed for by them)
    No this won't work in the context of the courts. Proof of delivery to and acceptance by PM is what you will be relying on for your case. You're purchase of extended liability will post date that acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Uriel. wrote: »
    They've being doing that for the past 10 days at various locations.

Not sure why that's a shambles though, at least they're trying to put solutions in place for the huge demand they are dealing with.

Because it's hardly suitable. This isn't the first issue this year that I've had and reading the other comments here it's not what you could call good service.

They know full well that things are going to be crazy this time of year but not responding to customers, sitting on parcels and then limiting when you can get them...indicates a lack of planinng to me, and that is shambolic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just got the following text from Parcel Motel:

Due to the busy Christmas period parcels are taking a little longer than usual to reach you. Don't worry though, your parcel PCL4XXXXXXX, is safe and in a queue to be stored in your Parcel Motel. You will receive your PIN when your parcel is stored.

Let's see how long it takes. Thankfully it's not time critical. Last time to use PM this year. Should be safe to use them again from February onwards.

And less than 24 hours later it's in the locker. The Galway Knocknacarra location doesn't seem to be that busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Because it's hardly suitable. This isn't the first issue this year that I've had and reading the other comments here it's not what you could call good service.

They know full well that things are going to be crazy this time of year but not responding to customers, sitting on parcels and then limiting when you can get them...indicates a lack of planinng to me, and that is shambolic.

They simply could offer free home delivery option in those regions where they know they won't have free lockers for weeks. That would relief at least some of the pressure.

Otherwise they should put a big red warning on their homepage, that the service currently is backed up and goods might take up to 3 days to be checked in once received and collection speed will depend on availability of the local locker.

Fact is that they are not able to cope with the traffic they receive and they did know that from previous years but giving that there is no alternative to them (as the others deliver only to home or a shop) they know with the savings to be made by shopping in the UK they will continue to get customers.

The only way around that is to hire more staff AND install extra lockers. Both of those come at a cost and the installation of extra lockers may not be feasible at existing locker locations. It is up to the company to make a call as to the cost effectiveness of investment and whether there is sufficient demand to cover the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In Limerick, because there's a depot, there won't be any extra people or lockers.

My item checked in yesterday and is in the depot today. I choose the depot because the locker is over subscribed.

Hermes didn't make this easy either. Got a delivery notification from them that they delivered it Tuesday and then again on Wednesday. Definitely only one item, same item number and tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

Spotted a second set locker in ballincollig this morning.....also waiting on a parcel that didnt have PM number on it, spoke with them last week and they assigned it to me....still havent received it......reopened a ticket last night so hopefully will get it soon....delivered on 17th Nov!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Anyone else get a message about the parcel motel bus? I hope my parcel is in it as it's been in the depot for 8 days now
    Collect your parcel tomorrow from the Parcel Motel Bus at Topaz

Hi

As the Parcel Motel at Topaz
    is very busy at the moment and we are experiencing some congestion at this location, we have arranged a temporary pick up point from the Parcel Motel bus which will be parked at Topaz close to the Parcel Motel unit.

Our delivery team will be there tomorrow Thurs 01 Dec from 5pm to 9pm in a yellow or white bus with your parcel on board. All you need to collect it is your PMID which you can find above.

If you can't make it tomorrow, uncollected parcels will be placed in a queue to be stored at the Parcel Motel for you to pick up as soon as space becomes available, but may be delayed for up to 2 days.

Thanks

The Parcel Motel Team

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Anyone else get a message about the parcel motel bus? I hope my parcel is in it as it's been in the depot for 8 days now

That's definitely the one thing that annoys me about the bus, you have no way of knowing that your parcel is on it unless you make the journey, and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Still waiting for two deliveries to swords, received on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

They normally notify you when it's checked in and give you the option to collect at your local Depot or have it delivered directly to you, both of which incur an extra charge. €7.50 for collection at depot.

Ohhk, so it will automatically go to the Galway depot then?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

The only way around that is to hire more staff AND install extra lockers. Both of those come at a cost and the installation of extra lockers may not be feasible at existing locker locations. It is up to the company to make a call as to the cost effectiveness of investment and whether there is sufficient demand to cover the investment.

They could for a start limit the days in the locker to 24 hours not 48.

Previously they have had delivery vans wait at locations for 2-3 hours for people to collect their items on specific days.

There's ways around it and they know every year that this is what happens, yet no measures are put in place to manage the extra volumes.

Ignoring customer queries and turning off the phone number don't help either.

Plan - Prepare - Execute..

nah sure it will be grand. Ignore customers they will go away eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Still waiting for two deliveries to swords, received on Monday.

Have they advised you that they were received? I'm still waiting on notification of a delivery to Antrim since Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Kamili wrote: »
    They could for a start limit the days in the locker to 24 hours not 48.

Previously they have had delivery vans wait at locations for 2-3 hours for people to collect their items on specific days.

There's ways around it and they know every year that this is what happens, yet no measures are put in place to manage the extra volumes.

Ignoring customer queries and turning off the phone number don't help either.

Plan - Prepare - Execute..

nah sure it will be grand. Ignore customers they will go away eventually.

Why don't they put multiple orders in the one locker, for example I have 3 orders to pick up today all are in different lockers, if it's for same customer why not just use the 1 locker which would have freed up 2 for others.

I know orders might come in from different carriers etc but surely there must be a way of grouping them together

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

vidapura wrote: »
    Ohhk, so it will automatically go to the Galway depot then?

Thanks

No, not automatically, when they contact you, you tell them where you want to collect it and then it is redirected. If you have already been notified of an oversized parcel in their possession, you need to contact them back to express what you now wish to do.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

campo wrote: »
    Why don't they put multiple orders in the one locker, for example I have 3 orders to pick up today all are in different lockers, if it's for same customer why not just use the 1 locker which would have freed up 2 for others.

I know orders might come in from different carriers etc but surely there must be a way of grouping them together

I wonder about that one too. They charge per parcel not per locker so it would make much more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Kamili wrote: »
    I wonder about that one too. They charge per parcel not per locker so it would make much more sense.

I think I've said this 4/5 times in this thread now and I've also said it to their twitter numerous times but no response.

I also think if there was a discount applied or some free credit applied if you picked up your parcel say within 6 hours it would help speed up the collections.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

And it is up to the customer to make the call whether or not to continue to use this shambles of a service :mad:

Riva10 wrote: »
    And it is up to the customer to make the call whether or not to continue to use this shambles of a service :mad:

absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So my item delivered by Royalmail yesterday at 0520 has just now been scanned / checked-in and is on it's way to the motel. Rumors are the motel is actually full, so let's see if when it will actually be put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I think they should have a number of Motels manufactured as trailers and a power and Comms link attached to all in place Motels. They would be so versatile and could be towed and dropped by the delivery drivers at existing known meltdown points as they deliver this time of year and stored securely in a yard off peak.

It would be a mobile modular setup allowing them to increase or decrease the capacity of any of the existing locations as required.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gavlor wrote: »
    Have they advised you that they were received? I'm still waiting on notification of a delivery to Antrim since Friday

Yeah on Monday and Tuesday respectively.

I got the email with the photos of the packages, nothing since. 'In transit'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement