Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

One of my packages that got signed for yesterday has been checked in so that's something I guess.
    Package from 9 days ago is still missing, no update. Same retailer and shipper (Amazon / Amazon logistics) so it shouldn't be a case of missing PMID. I can see it on the label in the screenshot of the new check-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My last item with PM arrived today. Signed for yesterday and turned up in Depot today. Small parcel.

Lad was on phone getting stink from a customer because the local locker is full. I heard the word Pallet when he was telling the customer the overflow from the locker. Obviously didn't impress the customer, something about having to walk and extra 7kms to collect his item. You never really think about that when you drive and can choose any old locker/depot. When the guy said to him the COST of delivering it to his home the guy obviously lost the plot as the nightline guy held the phone away from his face. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Berty wrote: »
    My last item with PM arrived today. Signed for yesterday and turned up in Depot today. Small parcel.

I'm lucky as I work in Castletroy and live outside Murroe so I pass the depot twice a day. Had my locker set to be Chawkes as it's 24hrs but with the backlog I switched to the depot, opening times are fairly grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Going through a similar issue myself - Parcel been lost since 08/11. Not a word out of them, rang countless times and sent numerous emails. Easily the worst customer experience I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Well balls anyway, was planning on ordering iPad for missus, now I'm concerned. Parcel wizard goes to the door ruining the surprise??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Don't know if this is the reason but I had parcels delivered Monday which were not checked in till Wednesday. Parcels delivered Monday , Tuesday,Wednesday were all checked in yesterday and some delivered to Motel last night. Parcel delivered today have been already checked into my account. They all started popping into my account as soon as I increased the liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Well balls anyway, was planning on ordering iPad for missus, now I'm concerned. Parcel wizard goes to the door ruining the surprise??

For an extra fee you can increase liability cover with PM. This would then cover the I pad in the event of PM losing the package

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭newdigi

i had an item shipped to Parcel Motel via tracked package. The Royal Mail site says that an attempted delivery was made on Monday morning last before 6.37am.

specifically the note says:
    "A delivery was attempted for your item with reference XXXXXX in NEWTOWNABBEY PDO before 06:37 on 28/11/16."

the package is now being held for collection at the local delivery office.

the item was bought on eBay and had the correct address on it. I regularly get deliveries from parcel motel.

does it seem unusual that Royal Mail attempted to deliver to Parcel Motel but for whatever reason they couldn't?
    does it seem unusual that they attempted a delivery at that hour of the morning?

i have no way now of getting the parcel. Surely if an attempt to deliver was made, Royal Mail would have left a note at Parcel Motel. Should I have been informed? I've a support ticket open with them but no reply.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So my item delivered by Royalmail yesterday at 0520 has just now been scanned / checked-in and is on it's way to the motel. Rumors are the motel is actually full, so let's see if when it will actually be put into it.

They'll put it in a different one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

newdigi wrote: »
    I've a support ticket open with them but no reply.

Thanks

Don't hold your breath as regards a reply to your ticket.

I have a parcel lost since 29/10. Compensation agreed on 11/11, nothing since, in spite of several tickets and phone calls. Not even answering phone for the last few days.

Today I resorted to writing to the accounts dept .

next step small claims court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Terms and conditions are just written for a bit of fun.

When you agree to them and tick the box saying that you have read and understood them, sure they know you are just having the craic.

Just like any contract with terms and conditions - sure they're just an optional extra.

Are people for real thinking that terms and conditions can simply be ignored just because they don't like them??!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Today I received the last of my packages, ordered over this crazy period. Considering how busy they are, I think they are doing a great job sending update texts and making things moving. Of course there were delays, what else to expect, I, alone, ordered 8 parcels, and with last one I receive a couple of updates before it arrived to local PM, this definitely helped me not too worry much about the parcels. Good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Today I received the last of my packages, ordered over this crazy period. Considering how busy they are, I think they are doing a great job sending update texts and making things moving. Of course there were delays, what else to expect, I, alone, ordered 8 parcels, and with last one I receive a couple of updates before it arrived to local PM, this definitely helped me not too worry much about the parcels. Good job!

Really?? Their communication is so fantastic that 3 phone calls, 4 emails via their website and 3 twitter messages and I have yet to hear a Dickie bird regarding my package that was hand delivered to the Antrim depot last Friday.

They're doing a great job alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oodes

Walter2016 wrote: »

Are people for real thinking that terms and conditions can simply be ignored just because they don't like them??!

If the terms and conditions are not fully legal they you have a case. Some companies will spout a load of terms and conditions and hope the consumer wont bother to check it out. Like no refunds and no returns and rubbish like that when in fact you have a cooling off period of 14 on any purchase.

I just wanted to know had anyone else challenged these terms and conditions

phobia2011 wrote: »

Wizard will drop at a nearby depot for you or a work address or another address. My advice is to use them . Even with your extended liability with Parcel Motel they wont answer your emails or calls and you will be left hanging.

In saying that I had Parcel Motel quite a bit this year and had no problems and all of a sudden I have 2 parcels in the Bermuda Triangle .

The quality control is obviously non existent

Going through a similar issue myself - Parcel been lost since 08/11. Not a word out of them, rang countless times and sent numerous emails. Easily the worst customer experience I've ever had.

I second that. The word needs to be spread about this. DpD wizard and Post Office Address Pal I will be using and recommending from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

The parcel motel depot in Newtownabbey is right beside DPD Parcel wizard depot.

Dont be surprised if ur parcel actually went to DPD. Its happened me numerous times.

Did u give nightline the name of the person who signed for ur package ????? Surely they can say if they are an employee or not.
    If there not a nightline employee Might be worth sendin DPD an a email.

DaisyDLady wrote: »
    The parcel motel depot in Newtownabbey is right beside DPD Parcel wizard depot.

Dont be surprised if ur parcel actually went to DPD. Its happened me numerous times.

Did u give nightline the name of the person who signed for ur package ????? Surely they can say if they are an employee or not.
    If there not a nightline employee Might be worth sendin DPD an a email.

Yes I gave them the name of the person. I have a document from UK mail saying who and when it was signed for. I passed this on to them .
    But I will drop DPD an email so thank you for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

**SAME AS ABOVE!**

Day 7

Amazon tracking says my package was delivered to Antrim last Friday morning.

No texts received at all.

No details on my account.

Ticket raised.

I looked over my account and I ordered 4 items last year around the last week in Nov and didnt have issues.

I have a funny feeling my package is in one of the containers parked outside the Antrim depot. Going by the backlog there could be many containers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't think there's such a delay in Antrim, rather stuff going missing for a period of time for whatever reason.

My item was delivered by Hermes Wednesday and I had it in my hand on Thursday so not so much of a backlog in Antrim, rather backlogs at Lockers.

Have you tried filling in the http://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/WhereIsMyParcel

I don't know how much better it can be over a support ticket but it's the new thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭newdigi

i had a delay on a parcel last week. arrived in a truck at the location and i was given a 4 hour window to collect which didnt suit. But to be fair 2 days later it was in the locker. I've never had a problem, until now.

Do you know if PM in Antrim is open 24/7 to accept parcels?
    And why would Royal Mail say they attempted delivery but couldn't, and left a card 4 days ago. I havent been notified by PM of such an attempted delivery to Antrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm happy to say I have got my 4th and last parcel from PM. But going from all the issues raised here and on FB I can't see myself using them again in the short to medium term unless things improve.

Set myself up with an Address Pal account, might switch to that for UK deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I'm happy to say I have got my 4th and last parcel from PM. But going from all the issues raised here and on FB I can't see myself using them again in the short to medium term unless things improve.

Set myself up with an Address Pal account, might switch to that for UK deliveries.

Also consider Parcel Wizard, specially if ordering oversize items or from Amazon that could put items in bigger boxes than needed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

3 packages stuck in Parcel Motels depot for a week now and still no sign of delivery!

Their blog entry here mentions that you can set their Nightline Dublin Depot as your pickup location and just go pick it up from there. However you can't! The depot isn't listed in the pickup locations dropdown in settings!!!!

So does anyone know can you just go to their depot and pickup your trapped packages?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/top-tips-for-happy-christmas-shopping-with-parcel-motel/
    If you live in Dublin, you can also choose the Nightline Depot in Finglas as your collection location as there will be no delays here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

bk wrote: »
    3 packages stuck in Parcel Motels depot for a week now and still no sign of delivery!

Their blog entry here mentions that you can set their Nightline Dublin Depot as your pickup location and just go pick it up from there. However you can't! The depot isn't listed in the pickup locations dropdown in settings!!!!

So does anyone know can you just go to their depot and pickup your trapped packages?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/top-tips-for-happy-christmas-shopping-with-parcel-motel/

bk, just to say, I was over at the Depot late last week picking up an oversized package and they have recently installed a standard size set of lockers in the Depot car park - so I am not sure if that is for out of hours pickups or if the depot collections are now actually from the lockers rather than the warehouse/storeroom. If it is the lockers only, you probably won't get things any quicker unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved from Consumer Issues and merged into Parcel Motel megathread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Parcel arrived in on Weds, got a text at midday yesterday saying might be delayed due to Nov/Dec rush, got a checked into motel text at 9pm last night. So that all seems fine, whatever is going on its not systemic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I collected my parcels from the parcel motel bus last night manned by 2 employees. The bus was full of parcels!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 acbar

I have tried to get onto their customer service and no luck as did hundreds of ye. The ONLY time I got a response is by getting on TWITTER.. and shaming them.. I also got onto Conor Pope on twitter and low and behold next morning got an email that my package has turned up in their dublin depot and to expect 2 days for it to be delivered (was waiting 2 weeks for that email) ... so worth a try tweet the sh*te its them and QUOTE YOIR TICKET NUMBERS so they can get on the case!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Parcel arrived in on Weds, got a text at midday yesterday saying might be delayed due to Nov/Dec rush, got a checked into motel text at 9pm last night. So that all seems fine, whatever is going on its not systemic...

Got that "delayed" text on Tuesday, still no sign of it hitting a locker!! Not a peep from them since :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement