Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 resistancegav

2 parcels not booked in yet. One from yesterday and one from 4 days ago. Not looking good. tickets raised but looks like that's going to take forever too. i don't mind a delay as long as they get booked in.
    Pisses me off that they were spamming like crazy for black Friday sales to be delivered through them then fail miserably when the volume hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

Well they are playing "we are the guilty one so let's shut up." I found parcel wizard, definitely will give them a go next time, at least it says I can choose my delivery date. (no advertisement intended)

I redirected one of the packages to my home address but I don't even know when it will get delivered. Their tracking sucks big time, it doesn't say if package left the depot or not.

I need to be at home to get the package, but I don't even know when package will be delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

bonjurkes wrote: »
    Well they are playing "we are the guilty one so let's shut up." I found parcel wizard, definitely will give them a go next time, at least it says I can choose my delivery date. (no advertisement intended)

I redirected one of the packages to my home address but I don't even know when it will get delivered. Their tracking sucks big time, it doesn't say if package left the depot or not.

I need to be at home to get the package, but I don't even know when package will be delivered.

I've two parcels stuck in depot with Parcel Wizard, promised a call back never got one. Just so you know, grass isn't necessarily greener. So far Parcel Connect has been the most reliable for me in the last week. I'll still use PM for parcels I'm not in a rush for an probably use Parcel Connect for the rest until after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

Didn't know about "Parcel Connect" , I will give it a go also. And thanks about the feedback for "Parcel Wizard" service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

bonjurkes wrote: »
    Didn't know about "Parcel Connect" , I will give it a go also. And thanks about the feedback for "Parcel Wizard" service

To be honest, I'd try Parcel Connect/Parcel Wizard/Parcel Motel and Address Pal and see which one suits you best. A lot of it comes down to your local depot/drivers/collection point. Theres a brief overview of them all here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I was waiting for a parcel which I could see was checked in on Wednesday but I had received no notifications at all. I logged two cases with them and got no response to either...it's just arrived into my locker (Swords) in the last few minutes thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

bk wrote: »
    3 packages stuck in Parcel Motels depot for a week now and still no sign of delivery!

Their blog entry here mentions that you can set their Nightline Dublin Depot as your pickup location and just go pick it up from there. However you can't! The depot isn't listed in the pickup locations dropdown in settings!!!!

So does anyone know can you just go to their depot and pickup your trapped packages?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/top-tips-for-happy-christmas-shopping-with-parcel-motel/

I'd like to know this also as I have another package on the way middle of next week; I can only see options for Nightline depots in Cork, Galway, Limerick and Waterford...If only they'd respond back to queries as I'd arrange to go to them and pick up instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Two parcels delivered to Antrim this morning were just checked in without pictures for some reason.

3 Parcels have been in Transit since Tuesday and 2 since Wednesday - would like to see a van pickup in my area as its clearly busy area going by the delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I'm in the same boat as a lot here, parcels have been delivered according to the sites I ordered them from and half have been checked in with PM half still haven't checked in and none have made it to a locker.

I have a feeling it's a case of there being too much for the lockers they have? I think the 48hr limit needs to be dropped to 24hr for December. It would stop people leaving it in the box for too long and then not being able to fill it.

The other thing they could do is notify you if you deliver boxes are full and how far down the queue you are.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, that is the most frustrating thing. If it is an option, I'm quiet happy to make my way to the depot to pick them up if need be. I'd also be happy to go to a bus during a four hour window, if that was an option, but it doesn't seem to be for my area!

They just seem to be assuming everyone needs these packages by Christmas and that as long as it is cleared by then, it will all be fine.

But that isn't the case for everyone. I'm sure there are people who need them much sooner, for instance for a birthday, etc. As is the case for me.

They need to be more transparent about exactly where your package is and when it will be delivered and they need to put in place a clear process so you can get the package quicker if need be.

Packages are clearly getting delivered to Antrim, but then it is taking almost a week before they are being scanned into the depot in Dublin. This is just causing unnecessary stress for people. People can see from their Amazon tracking when their packages are arriving in Antrim, but then they are hearing nothing for days from Parcel Motel, which just creates unnecessary stress. Then you finally hear from their Dublin Depot that it has checked in, but again it takes days to turn up in the locker.

What should happen is:
    1) Scan in the packages in Antrim and notify you they have arrived there.
    - If it is going to take days to get to Dublin, then let you know that in the email, but give an option where you can pay for guaranteed next day delivery to your home, if you need it more urgently.
    2) When it arrives in Dublin, send the notification that it has reached Dublin, but also give an honest indication when it will hit the locker. But also offer two options if you need it sooner:
    - Pay for guaranteed next day delivery to your home.
    - Allow you to pick it up from their depot, with clear instructions on how to do this.

If they were to implement all of the above, then I'm sure they would massively reduce the stress on their customers and they wouldn't be facing a fraction of the bad press and anger they are getting on social media etc. All the while reducing the massive amounts of support tickets they most be receiving at the moment and not pissing off their customers so much that they might never come back again.

I think we all understand that they are mega busy this time of year. And for many people they probably don't mind that it will take a bit longer, but only if they know their packages are safe with Parcel Motel, with a realistic estimate for when it will arrive for them and a clear process on how to get it faster if needs be.

Also another idea, is that just for this very busy peak period, perhaps they could reduce the locker stays to just 1 day from the current 2 days. Perhaps with a free storage in the depot until people are ready to collect it. After al if a person doesn't pick it up the first day, then they probably aren't in a rush for it. Just drop the charge for putting in back in the locker a few days later once things have quietened down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

I have been waiting on a €650 tv I ordered from Amazon. It got delivered to Antrim on Tuesday Lunchtime as from the Amazon tracking. However, I have not received any details from PM. I have been calling each day as I am concerned for the parcel disappearing. Each time I call they say the system is down and take details to call back.

I called into their office in Finglas and the girl behind the desk told me all parcels from Antrim have been sent to the swords sorting office and could give me no other info. I then called again in the afternoon and was told there is a 3 day lead time.

TBH I think they have completely miscalculated the level of take up of the service. Id imagine it will hit them hard as many people are upset on all forms of Media and unlikely to use the service again. They have also fcked up the quality delivery service of Amazon prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

Like above have oversized item delivered last Thursday with no notification of check in or need to collect at their depot in Finglas.
    Filled in Parcel Diary before package arrived and opened ticket yesterday with no reply so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 vaporwave

I was going to ask what times people are experiencing with shipments from Antrim to checking in at Finglas.
    This is the problem with ParcelMotel and services like this. Amazon have done their part in delivering my package to Antrim.
    I am in the same boat as above posters, have no idea where the package is at the moment.
    I think PM need to start photographing the packages in Antrim and notifying people of the status from moment of delivery to them.
    Would certainly put my mind at ease that at least they have my package somewhere.
    It could be in outer space for all I know right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I called into the Waterford depot today at 3.01.... just as I started ranting and checked my account for the pmid a picture of my delivery popped up as being checked in to parcel motel depot.

Apparently it's oversized despite me checking beforehand that it would fit but I was never contacted about where I would like it dropped to. That's all I've heard, nothing since but the girl in Waterford was able to confirm that it had arrived in Antrim on Friday last and was in swords with effect from 2.58 today. So at least that's progress I guess.

No text, no email, no reply to my tweets, calls or online queries.

Just a picture of my parcel sent as if it's being held to ransom.

I'll never use parcel motel again.

#prayforpackage

Also forgot to mention I was told on the phone 2 days ago that there was no delay in oversize parcels. They changed all my tickets to complete as well even though nothing has been done. Probably some good deals to be got up in Antrim.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Is it a bad idea to entrust parcel motel with a €550 PC monitor?

If I get the €500 extended liability, I'll be covered right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭CH3OH

vaporwave wrote: »
    I think PM need to start photographing the packages in Antrim and notifying people of the status from moment of delivery to them.
    Would certainly put my mind at ease that at least they have my package somewhere.

When the service started, this was the norm. The package was tracked as shown for one of mine in 2012:

Mon 17 Dec 15:51 Belfast Package left depot
    Mon 17 Dec 20:23 Dublin Package received at depot
    Mon 17 Dec 21:00 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Mon 17 Dec 21:03 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Mon 17 Dec 23:28 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored
    Wed 19 Dec 13:15 Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer

Update on my packages:
    last Thursdays package delivered to PM on the 24th at 10:30 was finally delivered by Nightline after a couple of days sitting in Dublin- 8 days

I'd have walked with it in that time

I've another one ( small package)that was delivered to PM on the 30th at 07:00. This is in transit since 18:00 on the 30th.. Hopefully should turn up in the motel tonight..

I managed to get through on the phone and anyone I spoke to was trying hard to be helpful..

I don't envy any of the staff dealing with customer complaints.

Pugzilla wrote: »

I got extended liability but it may run out before I get my parcel. Now I would not entrust PM with an expensive item. I fully regret using the service for a tv as I have no idea where it is and imagine if it never turns up it will be very hard to get my money back.

My parcels which were in transit since 30th were stored tonight - so 2 days delay at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

dan786 wrote: »
    My parcels which were in transit since 30th were stored tonight - so 2 days delay at the moment.

I'm seeing the same for Dublin Motel. Whereas it used to be same day delivery, it's now taking up to 48hrs.

This week 2 packages -

1. Belfast Monday, Motel Wednesday.
    2. Belfast Tuesday. Motel Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 acbar

they only give a €100 insurance, so basically no its not fully covered

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

mickoc wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »

I got extended liability but it may run out before I get my parcel. Now I would not entrust PM with an expensive item. I fully regret using the service for a tv as I have no idea where it is and imagine if it never turns up it will be very hard to get my money back.

Can you not just extend the liability further?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I come seeking some reassurance..

Still waiting for an item that checked in on Wed 23nd November having arrived the week before no doubt. I posted straight to Dublin, not Antrim.
    Motel is in south dublin.

Basically, I'm wondering if anybody else has had as long a delay and still had their item come through in the end?
    Really not keen on a repurchase as it's 1 1/2 times the price now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

They installed a second Motel in Ballincollig, Cork alongside the original motel. I suspect to help with the Xmas rush.

Still getting texts to say they are delayed though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭CH3OH

My small package wasn't put in a locker last night
    It is in transit since the 30th
    Just off the phone and and the problem seems to be with Medium/ Large parcels
    ( my box turns out to be a medium).

There just isn't the capacity for medium/ large at the lockers .

I was told that they are putting them in the lockers in order of arrival as lockers become available .
    I was also told that the motels are being visited 2- 3 time a day.

So I will be picking mine up as soon as it is put in a locker.

It would be a good idea if they offered a rebate of say €1 if you collect within 12 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

i have an order from gameseek, delivered by hermes, that they say they delivered yesterday but has not shown up on parcelmotel yet.

Hermes have an awful reputation i've since learned so i'm a bit stuck finding who to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bur wrote: »
    i have an order from gameseek, delivered by hermes, that they say they delivered yesterday but has not shown up on parcelmotel yet.

Hermes have an awful reputation i've since learned so i'm a bit stuck finding who to blame.

Hermes delivered for me Wednesday, signed in Wednesday evening and delivered Thursday morning. The problem with Hermes for me was I got an e-mail Tuesday saying they'd delivered and again on Wednesday. Maybe they delivered it Tuesday, Maybe Wednesday. PM website says to allow an extra 24 hours during December for check ins. Could be checked in today.

They say they're operating 7 days a week now so maybe arrives tomorrow. In saying that UPS van drove past my semi rural town so they're out as well. Figured An Post would be doing 6 day weeks now.

Picked up mine 2 of my parcels first thing morning that were stored late last night. I believe they are visiting each one more than once a day so thought to clear them out as soon as I can as I know lot of people are waiting for theirs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

acbar wrote: »
    they only give a €100 insurance, so basically no its not fully covered

They don't even pay that . I have a claim for €91 for a lost parcel that they agreed to pay within 7 days from 11th Nov. Still waiting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement