Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Is there less risk of them losing your package if you pick it up from a nightlife depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    Picked up mine 2 of my parcels first thing morning that were stored late last night. I believe they are visiting each one more than once a day so thought to clear them out as soon as I can as I know lot of people are waiting for theirs

Three of my own parcels were just stored now so glad I emptied them before work. Now will pick up these after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Lads anyone been to the depot lately? Have 2 oversized parcels there and 1 is ready to be collected and the second one is checked in but wondering can I chance my arm to get the second one if its already in the depot anyway? Just to save me having to make the trip to finglas twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

'Package handed to resident' on thursday, not communication or charges since >.<

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've had 3 resent Deliveries go missing on me at this stage. I've had 5 Deliveries ok so far. I've asked PM to refund the cost, cause it was signed for, but they're not responding. The 3 missing Deliveries are about €400 each!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 vaporwave

'Package handed to resident' on thursday, not communication or charges since >.<

Replace Thursday with Tuesday and I'm in the exact same position as you.

I've had 3 resent Deliveries go missing on me at this stage. I've had 5 Deliveries ok so far. I've asked PM to refund the cost, cause it was signed for, but they're not responding. The 3 missing Deliveries are about €400 each!

That's rough. I would actually consider it dangerous to use parcelmotel at the moment, until they sort this out. Which is disappointing as most of the year their service is very reliable and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi,

Bit of PM trouble as well.

Been using PM all year with no difficulties up till now.

I always thought Amazon packages were the safest to use with PM as they don't mess with the label etc...

Story is:
    -Package A from Amazon arrived in Antrim on the 1'st Dec.
    -Package B (which is smaller) from another retailer arrived in Antrim on the 2'nd Dec.

Picked up package B from PM today and thought that it couldn't be good if it arrived before package A which was delivered first.

Looking at the thread the delay is generally getting packages from Dublin to some of the busier PMs around the country.

There doesn't appear to be any delays in getting stuff down from Antrim to Dublin hence why I'm now doubly concerned. Ever since it was delivered to PM in Antrim not a peep... From experience stuff coming down from Antrim is normally scanned in Dublin the following day.

Request ticket sent with a tweet for an extra nudge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

antodeco wrote: »

On 11th Nov they agreed to compensate me for a lost parcel missing since 29/10, to be credited to my paypal Acc within 7 working days.
    Raised several tickets , told on phone twice (when I could get through), it would be actioned immediatly. Stlii nothing . Latest call today promised by Monday. But I will believe that when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 podger79

Champ wrote: »
    Hi,

I always thought Amazon packages were the safest to use with PM as they don't mess with the label etc...

Story is:
    -Package B (which is smaller) from another retailer arrived in Antrim on the 2'nd Dec.

Picked up package B from PM today and thought that it couldn't be good if it arrived before package A which was delivered first.

Looking at the thread the delay is generally getting packages from Dublin to some of the busier PMs around the country.

There doesn't appear to be any delays in getting stuff down from Antrim to Dublin hence why I'm now doubly concerned. Ever since it was delivered to PM in Antrim not a peep... From experience stuff coming down from Antrim is normally scanned in Dublin the following day.

I had a parcel delivered to Antrim from Amazon on Monday and it just got checked in at lunch time today so I'd say there is a bit of a back log so keep the faith I thought mine was lost as well

• Advertisement

Update: package delivered to Antrim on Tuesday just checked in to Dublin depot about 1 hour ago.

Champ: there is a delay from Antrim to Dublin at the moment as a few of us here have experienced. There's also another delay from Dublin depot to PM lockers which I'm not as worried about. At least I know they have my package now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm in the same boat. I would have just paid the extra shipping to Ireland if I had seen this thread before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nov 25, 2016
    07:13 am
    Arrival at Processing Center (Country code: GB)
    United Kingdom

Delivered: Unknown, SingPost tracking failed.

Scanned by PM 29 November 2016 at 15:49

Time Location Event
    Tue 29 Nov 15:21 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Wed 30 Nov 3:13 Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Wed 30 Nov 19:14 Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer

Delivered to wrong PM without significant warning.

Nov 30, 2016
    05:19 am
    DELIVERED - No Signature
    Newtownabbey DO

Thu 1 Dec 12:59 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Sat 3 Dec 13:58 Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Sat 3 Dec 16:30 Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer

Nice and quick.

Basically if it works, it works great, but if theres a problem you're SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

They did 4 drops to my local motel today - and one more is due late night. All my parcels which were in transit over last few days were delivered. Got 8 parcels - 2 per drop today.

Just waiting on 5 more now that were delivered yesterday and today to Antrim and are yet to be checked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CH3OH wrote: »
    My small package wasn't put in a locker last night
    It is in transit since the 30th
    Just off the phone and and the problem seems to be with Medium/ Large parcels
    ( my box turns out to be a medium).

This one turned up in a locker this afternoon.

I had another package that was delivered to Newtownards this morning and the tracking says it is on the way to a locker.

Maybe things are calming down

I found the phone number earlier in the thread as the best way to contact them
    01 8835442

dan786 wrote: »
    They did 4 drops to my local motel today - and one more is due late night. All my parcels which were in transit over last few days were delivered. Got 8 parcels - 2 per drop today.

Just waiting on 5 more now that were delivered yesterday and today to Antrim and are yet to be checked in.

Do you mind me asking where is your local motel? Just asking because I heard some of the busier urban ones are full and causing delays from depot to motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Hi guys

Slightly terrified reading this thread.

I have an order which is has been with PM since Wednesday but still no sign of it being brought to the locker which is in South Dublin.

Anyway, I'll live as that one isn't urgent but I have two packages coming to Antrim first which I need for a wedding next Friday. From reading this I'm very worried that I won't have them by then.

Is it possible to go to the depot and ask for your packages instead of waiting? I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't up so urgent.

I can't believe they are still charging full price with such delays.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

One delivery from 4 weeks ago turned up today!
    I use Newlands Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

My last package was not checked in for 2 days (Royal Mail) Delivery, than it was checked-in in during a morning but not in the locker until the next morning (nearly 24 hours later), I collected it within hours to free up the locker for others. So I waited 4 days for it instead of the usual next day.

This concludes my business with Parcelmotel as all my credit is used up.

Maybe next year I'll be back for smaller packages but my main shopping is now going via Parcelwizard as it suits me better and is more reliable, even if there are some minor issues from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

They responded to one of my tickets asking for confirmation of the package from Amazon and said they would check the warehouse. I sent on the invoice from amazon to say it was delivered Tuesday 29/11. I now have a photo of the parcel, on PM site item was checked but now location says tracking with no info. On the nightline website tracking says pending with no further info. I was also charged €14.95 and changed delivery to home location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

My package that was delivered 10 days ago seems to have been checked in now. Not sure what that means as I've never had an oversized item before. There's a local depot in my County, so does it go to that in the next few days?

There's no photo for the CheckedIn item. In fairness to the support agent that was dealing with my queries was very helpful overall and did try to get it resolved. I suppose when they are getting hundreds of new tickets every day it just becomes overwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

If the courier service had an electronic signature for receipt, and parcel motel denied receiving the item , would it be worth making a complaint of theft to newtownabbey psni?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

damian139 wrote: »
    If the courier service had an electronic signature for receipt, and parcel motel denied receiving the item , would it be worth making a complaint of theft to newtownabbey psni?

No, they would tell you it is a civil matter. At most they would tell you to drop into their police station to make a report for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kennypants

Parcel arrived at Midleton collection point last night at around 8:45pm. My check-in email came on the 29th. We thought that the package was lost and how we'd never seen them take this long. Reading this, I see how lucky we were.

I popped over straight away, there was a queue for the screen. Never seen the likes of it.

I wouldn't mind but we have two more on the way. We would have just had them shipped to our home if we knew that it would take this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Champ wrote: »
    Hi,

Story is:

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the reassuring words. This thread does have you flipping between *someone reports good news* "Ah it'll be okay" and *someone reports bad news* "Oh god what if that happens to me?!".

I just received an email from PM saying that my package made it safely down from Antrim to Dublin. Yippee! (looks like they're working the full week to process the backlog)

Somewhat odd in my case as I've had stuff delivered later which arrived before this package.

So there's no guarantee that stuff will arrive in the order it was delivered in.

Not sure if my polite nudging in twitter helped but that was resolved very expediently.

Now just got to wait for it to get safely to my local PM.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

There is a small article in yesterday's Irish Times. Apparently PM are 'well aware' of complaints on Boards and Twitter. Business is up 70% for November so that's the problem !:eek: Their deliberately low profile is just not working - PM take note.

recipio wrote: »
    There is a small article in yesterday's Irish Times. Apparently PM are 'well aware' of complaints on Boards and Twitter. Business is up 70% for November so that's the problem !:eek: Their deliberately low profile is just not working - PM take note.

I doubt it's deliberate in fairness to them. Most likely they don't have resources to deal with the sheer volume of emails/calls right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Apparently 3 of my parcels have been checked into PM 'in transit' now, but I didn't get any notification of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Theshaman147

Hey, Recently I ordered something through parcel motel. Long story short I was waiting a long time for it and the website said it was in the Dublin depot and that it was in transit. So I went to the Dublin depot to try and collect it the man there told me that it was in the source depot? and that it was not accessible to the public and that I would just have to wait. In fairness to parcel motel the place looked like it was filled to the brim with parcels. However it was quite worrying some of the things i say there. At on point I saw A parcels there were stacked up falling of the trolley they were in R.I.P fragile goods!! Anyway When the guy told me this I was pissed but I just said alright thanks and left. Luckily later that day the parcel arrived.

TLDR: you could try go to the finglas depot but from what the worker said there is another source depot that parcels may be stored in that you cant access. All in All if your extremely worried you should go check however don't be disappointed if its not there.

Also a big **** you to parcel motel your customer service is ****ing atrocious. I hate swearing in my posts online but honestly none of there phone numbers damn work

• Advertisement

Just got a txt message from PM:
    "Due to the busy Christmas period parcels are taking a little longer than usual to reach you. Don't worry though, your parcel PRCLxxxxxxxx, is safe and in queue to be stored in your Parcel Motel. You will receive your PIN when your parcel is stored."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement