Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

recipio wrote: »
    There is a small article in yesterday's Irish Times. Apparently PM are 'well aware' of complaints on Boards and Twitter. Business is up 70% for November so that's the problem !:eek: Their deliberately low profile is just not working - PM take note.

For anyone interested in reading it
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/parcel-motel-struggles-to-deal-with-surge-due-to-weak-pound-1.2891376

She said the company was aware of the online criticism but said it could not address a number of the complaints directly given the anonymous nature of many of them.
    Sure you're not even dealing with the ones that aren't anonymous, instead just closing the tickets "inadvertently!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Apparently 3 of my parcels have been checked into PM 'in transit' now, but I didn't get any notification of them.

You'll get a holding email tomorrow or Tuesday.

It's a joke of a service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Not sure why people moan about Parcelmotel at this time of year as every year it's the same I stop using them the week before Black Friday until the middle of January as the service is over subscribed! I have suggested that they only give customers 24 hours to collect their packages in the run up to Christmas and if not collected ship it back to their depot and that will free up lockers! Rule of thumb is to avoid using them at this time of year and get your deliveries sent to your home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

If you get items shipped to the Nightline Depots, for pickup by yourself, is the delay less severe?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 vaporwave

Pugzilla wrote: »
    If you get items shipped to the Nightline Depots, for pickup by yourself, is the delay less severe?

I'd imagine so, the lockers are all full in urban areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gavlor wrote: »
    You'll get a holding email tomorrow or Tuesday.

It's a joke of a service

Does that mean they want you to collect it or something?

Mine is "in transit" since Friday, did say on email it would take 1-2 days to get to my locker...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am currently pitting addresspal and parcel wizard against each other and seeing which is faster. My money is on parcel wizard. I have parcel wizard delivering to my work address.
    Parcel motel might have been the first major service in Ireland, but they are close to being the worst imo. I am even comparing them to that old (expensive) deliverme dot ie service (They may be cheaper now, who knows).
    I highly recommend using a different service until they step up their service. They must have made enough money to cater for the Christmas traffic by now.
    I think that kicking them up the ass might get them to do something. I will not use them again until they improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Kennypants

I have to say that—until this month—Parcel Motel had never let me down. I recommend them to people all the time.

Perhaps it's a different story in Dublin. I could see how a greater population density night lead to trouble with full lockers, and so on.

I'm living in a Cork county town and there's never any problem. Once I get the check-in email, the parcel arrives the next (working) day. Without fail. I have never had a problem with them before now.

That's why I believe that their recent difficulties are just that, recent and circumstantial. It just couldn't have come at a worse time, but owing to the nature of their business, this is exactly the time when something like this would happen.

I have two more packages on the way. I really hope they sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭newdigi

Not sure why people moan about Parcelmotel at this time of year as every year it's the same I stop using them the week before Black Friday until the middle of January as the service is over subscribed! I have suggested that they only give customers 24 hours to collect their packages in the run up to Christmas and if not collected ship it back to their depot and that will free up lockers! Rule of thumb is to avoid using them at this time of year and get your deliveries sent to your home!

i agree about expecting delays this time of year. across the board.

but when i have a parcel sitting in a royal mail delivery office since last Monday because it wasn't accepted by PM (according to the Royal Mail tracking service), and I have a support ticket raised with PM with no response. That's what annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

newdigi wrote: »
    i agree about expecting delays this time of year. across the board.

but when i have a parcel sitting in a royal mail delivery office since last Monday because it wasn't accepted by PM (according to the Royal Mail tracking service), and I have a support ticket raised with PM with no response. That's what annoys me

If it wasn't accepted by Parcel Motel then it might be one of their prohibited items like perfume or alcohol

campo wrote: »
    If it wasn't accepted by Parcel Motel then it might be one of their prohibited items like perfume or alcohol

it's a childs power rangers costume! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

newdigi wrote: »
    it's a childs power rangers costume! :)

Did you order alcohol with it as you may need some

campo wrote: »
    Did you order alcohol with it as you may need some

hah i know. head is wrecked with it even before it arrives!
    it's an odd one though as to why it wasnt accepted/delivered. i've no way of getting it now by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm waiting on notification for a parcel delivered to PM. I got notification from Amazon to say its been delivered on Friday, so waiting on the Dublin depot to say they have it. Hopefully it gets through the depot without too much delay. Its a phone for my father so just to get him back in the land of the connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Pugzilla wrote: »

Hi folks,

I've ordered some furniture from amazon.co.uk, and I expect them to be oversized and will need to go via the local depot as explained in the T&Cs online.

Has anyone experience of this?
    as I'm in Dublin, is the depot the main one in finglas?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've ordered some furniture from amazon.co.uk, and I expect them to be oversized and will need to go via the local depot as explained in the T&Cs online.

cheers

How big are the boxes? It could work out very expensive.

Its Unit C1 North City Business Park, North Road, Dublin 11, D11 RW30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Hi folks,

cheers

Yes it's you can also get it deliver to your home address at an extra cost.

Depending on the size of the packaging you might be better using Parcel Wizard, they are move relaxed with oversize parcels, I got a parcel 60x60x40cm 20KG the other day I wasn't charge anything extra other than the €3.85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Particularly if it's not flat pack you really need to workout dimensional costs involved of space occupied - not just weight - using the calculator. A high backed armchair occupies the same volume as a fridge and will cost a lot to transport by any means (from memory cost someone here around €80 lasy year)

Parcel Wizard appear not to have started charging for oversized yet - but likely to be very expensive when they do as the website says the standard Ireland DPD tariff will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

DPD are assessing items for oversize, definitely. I'd two deliveries come through them, car wind deflectors. They were over their dimensions but, after a delay of 24hrs, they were delivered at the original cost. They weren't much over, 30mm or something but very light.

The problem for parcel wizard will be that they can't deduct the cost upfront like parcel motel so you could easily say "nah, send it back" that you won't pay the charge.

Anyone who has mentioned how great parcel motel is, fair enough it's been fine for you but when it goes bad it goes really bad. Personally , delays are expected at this time, but a week to get a reply is a joke.

Let's not forget how they "accidentally" deleted peoples support tickets two weeks ago. We don't know how many but a little suspicious. Who does a software update at christmas in their business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

I've now been waiting 40 days for these clowns to deliver my parcel from their Antrim depot. Still no meaningful communication.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Need to contact Parcel Motel?

Live Chat doesn't exist. They never respond to Support Requests. They never respond to emails.

How about phoning them through Nightline?

http://www.nightline.ie/contact/map-and-location-info/

Yes, you can do that. The phone number is 1890 321 890. But if you ring it they will keep you on hold for as long as they like at 35c per minute.

Coles wrote: »
    Need to contact Parcel Motel?

Live Chat doesn't exist. They never respond to Support Requests. They never respond to emails.

How about phoning them through Nightline?

http://www.nightline.ie/contact/map-and-location-info/

Yes, you can do that. The phone number is 1890 321 890. But if you ring it they will keep you on hold for as long as they like at 35c per minute.

Ring 01 8835442

• Registered Users Posts: 19 McDermottx94

Horrible Service.

Amazon Delivered my package (Corsair M65 Pro Mouse) into their Antrim depot on Saturday and since then, no sign of it checking into the actual motel. I've gone and sent three tweets to them on Twitter; no response at all.

I'm getting worried, I'd be fine with 1 or 2 day's delay if my package was actually checked into their motel in Antrim at the very least, it's almost as if someone has signed for my package and just nicked it.

First time using PM, also the last time.

Ring 01 8835442
    Thanks, but no answer.

Horrible Service.

Amazon Delivered my package (Corsair M65 Pro Mouse) into their Antrim depot on Saturday and since then, no sign of it checking into the actual motel. I've gone and sent three tweets to them on Twitter; no response at all.

I'm getting worried, I'd be fine with 1 or 2 day's delay if my package was actually checked into their motel in Antrim at the very least, it's almost as if someone has signed for my package and just nicked it.

I really wouldn't worry. I'd expect it to be checked in tonight or tomorrow.

PM need to be more open about the delays. People are opening support tickets/tweeting them because they expect the items quicker than they will be processed. It just delays it for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 McDermottx94

I hope so. It's just kinda ironic that it would have been faster for me to have just gone with the standard delivery to my Irish Home Address as opposed to the motel service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Horrible Service.

same situation here .had an ebook reader ahowing as signed for on friday but nothing from PM since . had a second parcel due to be delivered to them today. Have some more stuff to get but not foing to uae them now..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement