Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Just to give some feedback, using ParcelMotel for over 12 months now. Never any issue. Everything delivered and no issues.

Always found them very helpful. Have tried DPD etc but always go back to Parcel Motel.

I must laugh at people complaining, just back from depot, woman shouting and roaring about nearly 100 euro charge and never using the service again. She couldn't believe they charged her so much, blah blah blah

Guy landed out with box, they nearly couldnt get the f**king thing into the back of large van it was so big.....after looking at the box it was cheap....

Well done Parcel motel....keep the good job going

• Registered Users Posts: 19 McDermottx94

It still doesn't change that they're clearly not up to the task of handling packages at an higher rate than usual (uh, get on with it PM, it's not exactly rocket science) and by god, their support on their website and twitter is abysmal.

I don't agree with uncivil roaring, as that's just an embarrassment altogether but they need to get their **** sorted and fast.

Lesson - Actually do your job and let people know their packages are safe, last tweet (by which, was poorly typed up as per usual) 17 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

Horrible Service.

Amazon Delivered my package (Corsair M65 Pro Mouse) into their Antrim depot on Saturday and since then, no sign of it checking into the actual motel. I've gone and sent three tweets to them on Twitter; no response at all.

I'm getting worried, I'd be fine with 1 or 2 day's delay if my package was actually checked into their motel in Antrim at the very least, it's almost as if someone has signed for my package and just nicked it.

First time using PM, also the last time.

Having same issue. Package was delivered to them by Amazon last Wednesday (30th). Still hasn't shown up as being signed in by PM.

Getting really worried about it now, no responses from support.

First time having an issue with PM. Understand it's a hectic time of year but some reply would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

I'd like to add a bit of balance to this too.

I haven't experienced this kind of delay before...normally I receive stuff from Amazon via PM in half the time I'd get it in the direct post from Amazon.

Got one of my three parcels this morning, so things are moving..
    And I reckon the rest will come in due course.

No reason to think otherwise as my experiences with Parcel Motel up to this have always been positive.

So, obviously, a huge glut over this black week thing and a backlog to be worked through.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Just to give some feedback, using ParcelMotel for over 12 months now. Never any issue. Everything delivered and no issues.

Always found them very helpful...

Wednesday? WOW. I guess I won't see my package until the foreseeable future. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Im waiting For something that was delivered to pm last tuesday from amazon. But got a package from ebay that i ordered the same time at the weekend. They must just have a huge volume of amazon stuff waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

Been using PM a couple of years now and think their service is bloody excellent for the price.

Like others I am experiencing delays with packages the past week but it's the busiest time of the year so I don't see the issue, still cheaper than getting the item posted to Ireland. Some people are just so impatient.

It would have cost me the same amount to have my item sent here from Amazon. I definitely can't recommend PM considering their support doesn't even get back to you, 2 days after you've sent in your ticket. Plus, they're saying on their support site that they've got Live Chat... I don't see ANY kind of chat function.

For all the people on here complaining about there customer support. Why dont you pick up a phone and ring them?

I would never consider tweeting a customer about something. Ring them. Or are people scared of actual human conversation?

Just to give you a view of alternative, ordered in 300 pound electrical item with DPD. Rang them to change delivery days as I wasn't in. Came home that night and it was f**ked in at the back of my gates in the pissing rain. Rang them to complain and no excuse

It would have cost me the same amount to have my item sent here from Amazon. I definitely can't recommend PM considering their support doesn't even get back to you, 2 days after you've sent in your ticket. Plus, they're saying on their support site that they've got Live Chat... I don't see ANY kind of chat function.

Why dont you pick up phone and ring them? for all the time you spent on here moaning you would have them called and know where you are

• Advertisement

I'm considering the call. In-fact; I shouldn't even have to call about my package, they should simply just respond to their support tickets (waste of their resources to have this additional site open that they're not actually using to what it's intended purpose, no?).

I'm going to give them until the end of today to 'check' it in and if there is nothing by tonight, they'll be getting their "lovely" warm call tomorrow. :)

Well then why did you use PM in the first place?

Parcel motel is an excellent service, you've decided to use them for the first time at the busiest time of year just after Black Friday and cyber Monday. A bit of perspective is needed here

Well then why did you use PM in the first place?

Parcel motel is an excellent service, you've decided to use them for the first time at the busiest time of year just after Black Friday and cyber Monday. A bit of perspective is needed here

Using PM was going to be much faster than what the delivery date for the standard Irish Address delivery would have been... unfortunately, that clearly ain't the case.

Bottom Line is that they're doing a poor job at responding to their customers online and when they do get in touch, they're quite inadequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I made my final Christmas purchase from Amazon last Wednesday morning.

It was due to arrive at Parcel Motel Antrim last Friday.

It did arrive on Friday and was scanned into the Parcel Motel system at 17.35.

I got no notification whatsoever and only know it was received and scanned because I checked my account and it was there including the picture.

Got the email and txt notification this morning (Monday) at 10.29am to say it was stored in my local locker. Collected it at 1.00pm today. Am well pleased with that and that’s me done and dusted for this year.

That’s another space freed up for someone else. Try to be patient and hopefully yours will get to you too.

Best of luck to those still waiting.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm waiting since November 24th when they accepted my Amazon order, I find it actually funny at this stage, it's been in Dublin depot since Friday and still has not been sent to the locker, I wonder will I have it by Xmas.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I got a text/e-mail a couple of weeks ago advising me to expect delays of up to 48 hours between them receiving a package and it reaching my locker.

Other than last week (where the only notification I got was circa 60 hours after a package arrived to Antrim to say it was in my locker), I've found their service to be rock solid - I've used them almost 30 times since February '14. However, they really do need to get their act together customer service wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I had something delivered to them on saturday I got today, and the stuff delivered on thursday still hasn't appeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I had something delivered to them on saturday I got today, and the stuff delivered on thursday still hasn't appeared.

Was the stuff on Thursday bigger than the Saturday parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Day 10!

I rang them! they had no idea where my package was, I knew it as signed for, I told them this, they said its somewhere in Antrim so!

I'm glad I'm not waiting on this package, the only reason I rang is that I heard nothing for 9 days.

My package was Amazon too and my partner received 4 packages since mine was signed for.

4 hours after the call, I got notification that my parcel is oversized an in Dublin, so I'll have it in Waterford bu the end of the week.

I'm just so glad we didnt used PM for Santi.

Is Addresspal having the same issues? I'm just about to sign up to them as I live beside the post office!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Was the stuff on Thursday bigger than the Saturday parcel?

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Yeah.

Probably just waiting for a larger locker to free up then. Locker based system is by far my favourite to use during the year but obviously around now, it has some serious drawbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Horrible Service.

Amazon Delivered my package (Corsair M65 Pro Mouse) into their Antrim depot on Saturday and since then, no sign of it checking into the actual motel. I've gone and sent three tweets to them on Twitter; no response at all.

I'm getting worried, I'd be fine with 1 or 2 day's delay if my package was actually checked into their motel in Antrim at the very least, it's almost as if someone has signed for my package and just nicked it.

First time using PM, also the last time.

few people in the same boat as you.
    They are VERY busy right now, black friday orders are still being processed by retailers. I've been using them for years, cant really say anything negative about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

3 Parcel Delivered Thursday , 2 on Friday and 2 on Saturday to Antrim - and not a single one has been checked into my account since :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    For all the people on here complaining about there customer support. Why dont you pick up a phone and ring them?

Would you be prepared to hold 35/40 mins on a phone and, then have to hang up with no answer ? and , repeat the same for several days.
    Neither do they answer Emails.
    So understandibly people are frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

What number are people using to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Having trouble getting a tablet from parcel motel that i ordered.

I ordered from Tesco Direct and they dropped the PMID from the delivery address. I can see it's there in my account but the delivery address its missing. It is sitting in Carrickfergus somewhere. PM wont answer any support tickets (5 days i am waiting). Does anyone know if they have a phone number or live chat?

I am awaiting a call back from Tesco to try see who delivered and where on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

I ordered from Tesco Direct and they dropped the PMID from the delivery address. I can see it's there in my account but the delivery address its missing. It is sitting in Carrickfergus somewhere. PM wont answer any support tickets (5 days i am waiting). Does anyone know if they have a phone number or live chat?

I am awaiting a call back from Tesco to try see who delivered and where on their side.

They do have a number but you'll need to contact night line to get it, and if they answer that's another question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

My last Tesco Direct delivery was from DPD If you get onto the Tesco site you should be able to get a tracking code and try entering it into the DPD site, that may help. Also Parcel Motel have a form you can fill in when you are expecting a parcel, perhaps fill that and it may help them find your item.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

What number are people using to contact them?

01 8835442

Farcical Motel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement