Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I had a parcel delivered to northern Ireland. Two days later in Dublin and two days after delivered to home address. Change your delivery method to home address. Cost you 7.95 instead of 3.50 but you will probably get it quicker as lockers are full

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I think they usually provide a great service but demand at the mo has them overstretched.

I don't mind not getting my parcel as quickly as usual, but was getting edgy that a €1200 order was delivered to them in Antrim on Thursday but wasn't scanned in until late this afternoon. I'm happy to get it whenever it arrives now.

The widespread panic probably isn't helping the support system. Probably lots of duplicate tickets for the same parcels.

Fingers crossed I get mine soon anyway but if nothing else it has taught me to order in plenty of time and not to panic when it's arrived but unscanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Slunk wrote: »
    I had a parcel delivered to northern Ireland. Two days later in Dublin and two days after delivered to home address. Change your delivery method to home address. Cost you 7.95 instead of 3.50 but you will probably get it quicker as lockers are full

And that is the problem....."lockers are full"

Majority of the issue is people are not bothering picking up there stuff when it does arrive....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 McDermottx94

My parcel is now in transit to my 'motel'. It's still not exactly nice of them to ignore my support tickets, email(s) and my tweets. I won't be using PM again, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Just thinking, a few new ones have popped up so it might be a bit more expeditious if you move to a new one as they won't be as popular.

I didn't realise there was a new one nearer to me but alas I've all my orders in.... and waiting, waiting, waiting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

My parcel is now in transit to my 'motel'. It's still not exactly nice of them to ignore my support tickets, email(s) and my tweets. I won't be using PM again, that's for sure.

Maybe you should have some patience in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I see they have deleted their last few posts on their Facebook page, so people are just venting on the older posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

My package was delivered to pm on 25th of November, a week of silence followed by a picture of my box. Today my package is finally en route to Waterford via Dublin depot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Parcel Motel are running way behind, my last delivery was delayed for 10 days in Antrim until today. I filled out the form 8 days ago, I waited for 20 mins to speak to someone on the phone, but at least I'll have my parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Parcel Motel have severe capacity issues (mainly with the lockers, I gather) from "Black Friday" onwards. People don't clear stuff out fast enough for them to make new drops. Customer care gets hammered with queries, etc.

I suspect they do add seasonal staff for deliveries at least - its much harder to add seasonal parcel lockers. Though I think they did actually do something with having vans parked at the busiest lockers once?

Going to move this to Online as there are many, many threads there on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Same here, I choose Cork Rd, I wonder is Dunmore rd would be quieter?

Sono, not exactly. They need to get better at using their support. If a business can't use and actually communicate via their support site(s) and mediums, they're poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Ordered Nespresso capsules Thursday evening from the UK. Picked them up there tonight (Wexford)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Does anyone know if I can collect from the depot?

Losing hope and I need two packages for a wedding on Friday.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

Sono, not exactly. They need to get better at using their support. If a business can't use and actually communicate via their support site(s) and mediums, they're poor.

In fairness if your behaviour is anything to go by I can see why they are swamped. Your parcel was delivered to Antrim on Saturday and it's going to your locker on Monday and you have contacted them several times. That's a waste of their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Still waiting on my parcel that arrived in Antrim on the 23rd November. Got CheckedIn at Dublin on Friday 1st. Been stuck in that status since with no option to specify home delivery or Depot collection. No picture of the CheckedIn item yet either. Maybe I'll have it before Christmas.

I can understand they are swamped but it'll be at least a two week turnaround from them getting my delivery and passing it onto me. That's quite poor. Anyway, lesson learned and that's to not use PM from Nov - Jan. I used them last year and it was fine for the most part. Had my stuff within 48 hours of delivery.

This is my first poor experience using PM and I've used them 30+ times over the last 2 years. I'll probably continue to do so, just not for these particular months anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 elbandita

They should have an option to change the delivery address after the parcel has arrived in the depot, especially for busy times like this. I contacted them to ask if I could change it for my two parcels I'm waiting on, was told this isn't possible. Only way I could do it is if I let them get delivered to the motels, then let them expire. Only then would a customer support agent be able to redirect them! Seems ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Mine stuck in transit since 28th.
    The support desk is useless and can't find one phone number to ring.
    Used lots of times, very poor service even at this time of year.
    Will move my business elsewhere

PraxisPete, incorrect. The package is currently in transit, in-fact; if the current experience is anything to go by, they could manage to end up not getting it to my motel until Wednesday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 richier

My parcel arrived with PM on 25th Nov. I have the photo of parcel when I log in to see its status. I can understand they are backlogged with Black Friday and Xmas deliveries which will naturally cause delay, but what I cannot understand is that I logged query with customer services 4 days ago in which I received at ticket number. To date I have not received any correspondence in relation to my query which in my book is totally unacceptable. I have moved over to Parcel Wizard now in the hope that if anything is delayed ect their customer service will deal with customer queries in a timely and professional fashion. I have used PM since its induction and to be fair it was a great service to begin with but over the last six months I have had three lost parcels and delivery times have increased by an average of two days. I am sure I am not the only one that feels that standards have slipped over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 elbandita

Does anyone know if you can drive out to Finglas and collect from the Dublin depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I currently have a package that they signed for on Friday morning and it's from the UK but I have nothing back from them at all. Package still hasn't checked in apparently. I've tried to contact them but to no avail.

Used then many times but this is ridiculous. I'm starting to wonder if I will receive it.

Anyone know how to get them to respond? I have a copy of the signature but it's pretty bad.

One signed for on a Monday for me wasn't "checked in" until Thursday, It didn't go into the locker until Saturday. That was 5 days from the Monday. I think 8 days is good going at the moment.

Thanks for that, I was getting worried as the package is very high value.

Just changed my delivery address to my work place in the hope that it might be a bit quicker.

No idea if it will help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

amadablam wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I was getting worried as the package is very high value.

Just changed my delivery address to my work place in the hope that it might be a bit quicker.

No idea if it will help though.

I wonder if changing your delivery address would confuse things even more and add further delay to your package? I'm curious as to how their system flags a change like that?

Let's say PM have your package, they know they have it and have assigned it to your preferred locker but have it on hold until a suitable locker size becomes available and a delivery van is due to visit that motel, in the meantime you login and change the delivery method and location, how are they made aware of that change I wonder? and if it were in transit at that point, would they contact the driver and divert or call it back to the Depot?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

I wonder if changing your delivery address would confuse things even more and add further delay to your package? I'm curious as to how their system flags a change like that?

Let's say PM have your package, they know they have it and have assigned it to your preferred locker but have it on hold until a suitable locker size becomes available and a delivery van is due to visit that motel, in the meantime you login and change the delivery method and location, how are they made aware of that change I wonder? and if it were in transit at that point, would they contact the driver and divert or call it back to the Depot?

A post on one of the last 2 pages says someone was told once a locker is assigned it cant be changed unless you dont pick up & it's then sent back to the depot to be rerouted

I had a "medium" sized parcel delivered to Antrim on 24th, was checked in Dublin & pic provided on 27th.
    No movement since, contacted support....nothing, a tweet got a response in the form of an email on Weds the 30th saying my package would be in a locker that night (Wexford) but still nothing
    Numerous replies to my ticket & tweets have gone unanswered.
    Like many here I've used them for about 2 or so years without problem, this is a complete shambles though.
    Worst thing is I had another package signed for in Antrim this morning, have changed my settings to home delivery so hopefully once processed in Dublin at least that one may get here quicker.

Pulse8 wrote: »
    A post on one of the last 2 pages says someone was told once a locker is assigned it cant be changed unless you dont pick up & it's then sent back to the depot to be rerouted

I had a "medium" sized parcel delivered to Antrim on 24th, was checked in Dublin & pic provided on 27th.
    No movement since, contacted support....nothing, a tweet got a response in the form of an email on Weds the 30th saying my package would be in a locker that night (Wexford) but still nothing
    Numerous replies to my ticket & tweets have gone unanswered.
    Like many here I've used them for about 2 or so years without problem, this is a complete shambles though.
    Worst thing is I had another package signed for in Antrim this morning, have changed my settings to home delivery so hopefully once processed in Dublin at least that one may get here quicker.

I'm hoping that since there is no status on my account, that changing the address to work might help too if there is a shortage of lockers.

I contacted nightline and was told deal with parcel motel for queries even though I can't get a response.

Understand that they are under pressure but they are not doing their product much service by the complete silence.

Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

They do have a number but you'll need to contact night line to get it, and if they answer that's another question

Yah was trying that yest will try again today, cheers for that!
    My last Tesco Direct delivery was from DPD If you get onto the Tesco site you should be able to get a tracking code and try entering it into the DPD site, that may help. Also Parcel Motel have a form you can fill in when you are expecting a parcel, perhaps fill that and it may help them find your item.

I figured out by trial and error it was yodel, but not much info on there side, just says delivered to carrickfergus depot.

Does anyone ever get a support ticket reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

[QUOTE Does anyone ever get a support ticket reply?[/QUOTE]

I have multiple tickets outstanding for about 3 weeks but,no reply.
    I have also made several phone calls and on the rare occasions it was answered I was told my problem would be solved the next day but, still waiting.
    Mine is compensation that they agreed for a lost parcel on 11th Nov.
    I found the best time to get an answer is early Sat morning.
    01 8835442.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Mine stuck in transit since 28th.
    The support desk is useless and can't find one phone number to ring.
    Used lots of times, very poor service even at this time of year.
    Will move my business elsewhere

Try 018835442

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement