Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Got my third and final parcel from Black Friday time there this morning, escaped unscathed, 1st was fast as usual, 2nd and 3rd slowed right down but they did email and text to say expect delays and wasn't waiting on anything so got lucky - can't believe some of the stories in here waiting weeks and little or no response, think it has very badly damaged them this time around and will probably think twice before using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Spoke to them this morning. Still processing the weekends deliveries. Expect small /standard items to be in lockers (Dublin) by Thursday / Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I don't get when they get to this lockers are full stage that they don't start offering reduced/free home deliveries. Or incentive people to collect parcels earlier (50c credit back in January for collecting it early or something)

Especially when they get to the Parcel motel bus stage, rather than paying the dude to man the bus, pay him to drive the bus to people :pac:

I don't use them anymore, PW service suits me much better (My nearest locker is at least a 30 minute round trip from my house, there is basically always someone at home and the local driver is sound)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    For all the people on here complaining about there customer support. Why dont you pick up a phone and ring them?

I would never consider tweeting a customer about something. Ring them. Or are people scared of actual human conversation?

Have you tried ringing them recently? Because I did, Nightline operator picked up the phone, got my phone number and PMID, told me that they will call me back. Nope nothing.

Plus I had to wait on the line like 15 minutes, which is nothing tbh because there was a screenshot of a person on line with PM for 1.5 hours (1 hour 40 mins to be exact).

Ringing them on phone didn't get anything solved. But they responded my Twitter mentions.

Apart from that I got my package delivered to Dublin depot on Tuesday, they checked in at Thursday and marked it as oversize (Amazon to blame). On Friday I got an email saying that package is oversized and what do I want to do. I chose home delivery, got charged extra but got my package delivered yesterday.

They need to get extra staff starting from Black Friday till Christmas time, I can't imagine how they didn't guessed it will be over crowded this year (and they were just sending advertisement mails about it, like Sterling Pound is so affordable so you can order a lot).

So for rest of the year I will stick to PM but other times I will use Parcel Wizard for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Package from Germany, arrived in Antrim on the 1st.
    Only just now on the 6th got an sms to go collect.

5 days isn't too bad, taking into consideration the time of the year and the fx rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

fernrock wrote: »
    [QUOTE Does anyone ever get a support ticket reply?
    I have multiple tickets outstanding for about 3 weeks but,no reply.
    I have also made several phone calls and on the rare occasions it was answered I was told my problem would be solved the next day but, still waiting.
    Mine is compensation that they agreed for a lost parcel on 11th Nov.
    I found the best time to get an answer is early Sat morning.
    01 8835442.

thanks trying that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

A parcel was delivered for me to the NI depot on Dec 2nd. Still no record of it on Parcel Motels site! I know there are delays but this is the first time in over 2 years that there has been such a delay not lack of any contact... Now that Anpost/DPD have jumped on the bandwagon...maybe its time to try the other services :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I'm having huge problems with parcelmotel at the moment. They've basically lost my parcel over two weeks ago, that's something that can happen I understand that. But, they've stopped replying to emails and other forms of communication. It's impossible to contact them at the moment. There's no longer a phone you can ring, they don't reply to Facebook or Twitter messages, I'm really angry at this stage.

Anyone here any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Address: 5, Mygan Park, Jamestown Rd, Finglas East, Dublin 11
    Phone: 1890 321 890
    Hours: 8a.m.–7p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

tigger1962 wrote: »
    A parcel was delivered for me to the NI depot on Dec 2nd. Still no record of it on Parcel Motels site! I know there are delays but this is the first time in over 2 years that there has been such a delay not lack of any contact... Now that Anpost/DPD have jumped on the bandwagon...maybe its time to try the other services :mad:

I think PM are a victim of their own success.

But they do seem to be rolling out more motels.
    I've seen a few white motels popping up next to the green ones.
    They are doubling their capacity at busy locations.

They even have unbranded ones at certain factories for employees to use, ie Apple hq in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Sorry to keep asking but does anyone know if I can collect a package at the depot? Its urgent. Tried to contact then but no response.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 McDermottx94

dashdoll wrote: »
    Sorry to keep asking but does anyone know if I can collect a package at the depot? Its urgent. Tried to contact then but no response.
    Thanks

I don't think you can, at least; I could have sworn some people have said that they've asked about collecting it from the depot but have been told it wasn't possible.

I don't think you can, at least; I could have sworn some people have said that they've asked about collecting it from the depot but have been told it wasn't possible.

Thanks. Im pretty desperate so I might have to chance it on Thursday.

Thanks. Im pretty desperate so I might have to chance it on Thursday.

I know the feeling. I was emailed last night that my package had arrived into the Dublin Depot from Antrim at 6PM, currently 'in-transit'. I would hope to expect it to check into my motel tonight or the very early morning, at least.

I know the feeling. I was emailed last night that my package had arrived into the Dublin Depot from Antrim at 6PM, currently 'in-transit'. I would hope to expect it to check into my motel tonight or the very early morning, at least.

Do you mind me asking when it was delivered to Antrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks

No you won't be able to specially if it hasn't been checked in at PM, if the item is been checked in there's a very small chance they might help you, but to be honest I doubt it they will help you.

Do you mind me asking when it was delivered to Antrim?

No Problem! It was delivered to Antrim on the Saturday just gone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Day 10!

I rang them! they had no idea where my package was, I knew it as signed for, I told them this, they said its somewhere in Antrim so!

What phone number did you use to reach them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fieldog wrote: »

They've clearly not hired any more custom service guys. Train them in 2 days to process tickets, easily reduce aggravation.

Cy_FEDTXcAAr7Pa.jpg:large

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    They've clearly not hired any more custom service guys. Train them in 2 days to process tickets, easily reduce aggravation.

I agree, I'm waiting since 24th November, my item is in the Dublin depot since the 2nd December, it's just laughable at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

ED E wrote: »

"In advance of the Christmas period we expanded both our customer support and operations teams, by over 120 staff, in order to manage the increase in volumes."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Typically mine being delayed by 2/3 days. Got a text each time explaining they were busy. No issue really. I use it for consumer electronics and I'm currently waiting for runners. Hardly life or death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I saw them putting parcels into clarehall locker at lunch time, so they're not slacking on deliveries apparently.

If the parcel has been in transit since last night (just after 6pm), what are the chances of it ending up in my motel by tonight/tomorrow morning? I've got a flight on Thursday and I wouldn't want to miss the package because I'm not in the country to pick it up.

If the parcel has been in transit since last night (just after 6pm), what are the chances of it ending up in my motel by tonight/tomorrow morning? I've got a flight on Thursday and I wouldn't want to miss the package because I'm not in the country to pick it up.

Highly doubtful you would have it even by the time you are home from your trip at this rate!

Some people have had success evidently by the thread but most seem in limbo land...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Highly doubtful you would have it even by the time you are home from your trip at this rate!

Some people have had success evidently by the thread but most seem in limbo land...

I really hope that wouldn't be the case. As much as I've been 'moaning' about PM, I do think the service they can and have provided is pretty darn good but that'll be my service with them completed if they don't have my parcel in my motel by Wed Night at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

"In transit" doesnt mean anything. Mine is in transit for three days now, got a text yesterday saying it is queued.

"In transit" doesnt mean anything. Mine is in transit for three days now, got a text yesterday saying it is queued.

I think they should definitely make it their new years res to overhaul their website then, poor status indications confirmed.

I just got an text today to let me know that it's been queued for my motel, hopefully it'll get in tomorrow.. it's only a standard sized package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Parcel delivered from argos uk by yodel on 29th November. Spent a morning on the phone to argos yesterday trying to get a tracking number, was told it hadn't gone out they were out of stock. Eventually it was discovered yes, it had been delivered by yodel with a tracking number and time of delivery, apparently they had a lot of items delivered to parcel motel from argos at that time so they couldn't initially find the tracking number> It was signed for by 'an assistant'--helpful! But it hasn't been checked in to parcel motel yet, 8 days later! This I think is the crux of the problem, -- should customers receive a notification that an item has been received and is in the system, most people wouldn't panic, -- unless it is urgent. mine is a ghettoblaster, so i'm thinking because it is larger it will be slower-- but how do they not lose items themselves if they aren't tracking them?! This is my daughter's main christmas present, and costs twice the price now that black friday is over -- so i really hope it turns up!! If I knew it was in the system and not lost, I wouldn't be worrying so much! As it is, I have opened several tickets, messaged on facebook and commented on the thread that they appeared to be answering some people on, which i am sure doesn't help with the clog up of the system, but even if they responded, what could they tell me if they haven't acknowledged it is there?!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement