Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Murphf:

Items were originally scanned in NewtownAbbey before being sent to Finglas and onwards. Then they started scanning in Dublin. I don't think they'll be going back to scanning on arrival in the north.

I feel the pain though, being ignored by a company. Myself, I bought something on ebay today and paid £4.95 postage to my house instead of free to the north. It's not too much more to pay to avoid these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

If the parcel has been in transit since last night (just after 6pm), what are the chances of it ending up in my motel by tonight/tomorrow morning? I've got a flight on Thursday and I wouldn't want to miss the package because I'm not in the country to pick it up.

I had a package sitting with an 'in transit' status for around 48 hours last week before being delieverd to my locker (Swords, Dublin). So if that's any indication you'll hopefully be ok.

My last package was delivered to Antrim around 9am yesterday morning and I got a 'parcel arrived at depot' notification around 7 this evening; so I figure I should have it by Thursday night, which will be a day later than Amazon estimated delivery to Antrim in the first place, so not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭irishmoss

Shred wrote: »

My last package was delivered to Antrim around 9am yesterday morning and I got a 'parcel arrived at depot' notification around 7 this evening; so I figure I should have it by Thursday night, which will be a day later than Amazon estimated delivery to Antrim in the first place, so not bad.

I wouldn't bet on it this time round. The complaints on Twitter is horrendous looking. My delivery was shipped last Wednesday, got a photo on Sunday saying in Dublin but no sign yet in Swords. Very bad customer service, spent over an hour on phone listening to music, hung up in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Berty wrote: »
    Murphf:

Items were originally scanned in NewtownAbbey before being sent to Finglas and onwards. Then they started scanning in Dublin. I don't think they'll be going back to scanning on arrival in the north.

I feel the pain though, being ignored by a company. Myself, I bought something on ebay today and paid £4.95 postage to my house instead of free to the north. It's not too much more to pay to avoid these problems.
    They wouldn't deliver to Dublin, and the price in the irish argos wasn't as cheap so that wasn't an option. I ordered the end of November, so figured it was early enough, for there to be no problems, but there you go.

So, what you are saying was that it may have come in to newtownabbey, not been scanned,and then brought to dublin before being scanned there? Surely anything could happen en route?! And they could just avoid any responsibility then? However, that would give me hope it is at least in dublin .. or lost,, one or the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

irishmoss wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on it this time round. The complaints on Twitter is horrendous looking. My delivery was shipped last Wednesday, got a photo on Sunday saying in Dublin but no sign yet in Swords. Very bad customer service, spent over an hour on phone listening to music, hung up in the end

Yeah we'll see, I'm in no particular hurry for this one tbh, if I get if by the end of the week that'll be fine. Their customer service is inexcusably bad, of that there's no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 McDermottx94

Shred wrote: »
    I had a package sitting with an 'in transit' status for around 48 hours last week before being delivered to my locker (Swords, Dublin). So if that's any indication you'll hopefully be ok.

Thanks for that response. I guess I can put my thoughts to rest until tomorrow night. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

murphf wrote: »
    They wouldn't deliver to Dublin, and the price in the irish argos wasn't as cheap so that wasn't an option. I ordered the end of November, so figured it was early enough, for there to be no problems, but there you go.

So, what you are saying was that it may have come in to newtownabbey, not been scanned,and then brought to dublin before being scanned there? Surely anything could happen en route?! And they could just avoid any responsibility then? However, that would give me hope it is at least in dublin .. or lost,, one or the other!

My rule of thumb for Parcel Motel is that it's fine up to Thanksgiving but anything after that and up to the middle of January is fraught with uncertainty.

Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the USA so avoid from the last week of November on.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Parcel delivered from argos uk by yodel on 29th November. Spent a morning on the phone to argos yesterday trying to get a tracking number, was told it hadn't gone out they were out of stock. Eventually it was discovered yes, it had been delivered by yodel with a tracking number and time of delivery, apparently they had a lot of items delivered to parcel motel from argos at that time so they couldn't initially find the tracking number> It was signed for by 'an assistant'--helpful! But it hasn't been checked in to parcel motel yet, 8 days later! This I think is the crux of the problem, -- should customers receive a notification that an item has been received and is in the system, most people wouldn't panic, -- unless it is urgent. mine is a ghettoblaster, so i'm thinking because it is larger it will be slower-- but how do they not lose items themselves if they aren't tracking them?! This is my daughter's main christmas present, and costs twice the price now that black friday is over -- so i really hope it turns up!! If I knew it was in the system and not lost, I wouldn't be worrying so much! As it is, I have opened several tickets, messaged on facebook and commented on the thread that they appeared to be answering some people on, which i am sure doesn't help with the clog up of the system, but even if they responded, what could they tell me if they haven't acknowledged it is there?!!
    I'm having pretty much the same problem. Tv delivered by Yodel on Nov 30th, signed for by the usual person, not a peep since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Glad it's not just me. Tracked delivery with amazon logistics just waiting for my Parcel Motel account to show they have my parcel. I'm sure they're just swamped but I'd feel a lot more at ease if they had an update notification on the account for when parcels received in Antrim depot.

My rule of thumb for Parcel Motel is that it's fine up to Thanksgiving but anything after that and up to the middle of January is fraught with uncertainty.

Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the USA so avoid from the last week of November on.
    Ordered the 24th so should have been ok, will
    Know for next year :(

What's a better Solution then to avail of Black Friday? I used parcel wizard when they first started and it was a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What's a better Solution then to avail of Black Friday?

Reading all the threads here it seems that they all have their issues, from parcels not being looked after right, damaged, signed for by people the company never heard of, items going missing for weeks etc etc etc. Even though there are three or four of these services in Ireland it seems to me there is still a huge hole in the market for one that does the job well.

I hmm'd and haa'd over which one to choose for a TV I bought yesterday and reluctantly went with Parcel Motel in the hope I see it by Christmas.

Let the fun begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I just got my collection text, sweet hallejebus, November 24 until now... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 McDermottx94

Fieldog wrote: »

I got my collection text just before 1am too, you can bet your ass I got on my coat and scarf and went straight down to motel to collect it. :D

Large Or small package ?! Maybe they are starting to trickle
    Through then .

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Two packages that were delivered to Antrim at the exact same time last week. One checked into Dublin depot yesterday eve. Of course there is still no update on the other more important one. Honestly, never again PM for me in Nov/Dec. My parcels were outfits for a wedding on Friday which now unless they arrive today, I have to go and buy new outfits and shoes in town spending hundreds of more euro in addition to what I have already spent and hope the rest arrive soon and that I get refunded ok before Christmas. Trivial I know but seriously expensive and inconvenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Large Or small package ?! Maybe they are starting to trickle
    Through then .

Medium I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Never again, they have my parcel in Belfast 8 days now. Parcel wizard will have my business in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Mine is in the Dublin depot since Monday. Hopefully out to my locker soon. My father is without a phone for a week now. Made the mistake of using PM instead of shipping direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Is there any contact number for PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Just got my text too, not bad, week from ordering to collection date for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

My package was delivered yesterday to belfast, but no checkin on my account yet. I would have thought Parcel Motel would do something extra for the delays this time of the year, but they seem grand not bothering yet again.

Defo recommend not using parcel motel, even the likes of parcel wizard would be much quicker compared to parcel motel right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

Paid for expedited shipping on amazon. Took 1 day to reach Parcel Motel. Taken 5 days with PM and they still not even responding to my support ticket. Absolutely awful. Will not be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

My parcel went missing around the 20.11. Opened several support tickets since, yet still no sign of parcel. I'm beyond frustrated st this stage, if it wasn't a 2hr drive from Galway to Dublin, I'd be on my way to their head office...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Ordered a laptop online, eBay seller says it was delivered to Newtonabbey on 2nd Dec at midday, not a peep from Parcel Motel yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Parcel arrived in antrim monday 5th at midday. Has just been scanned in the Dublin depot in the last half hour and marked as in transit. Some relief in that definitely quicker than some of you guys. Its a fairly small box tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

Same here, only took 13 days for package to get to Finglas for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

dauhee wrote: »

Now go back and read all of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

dauhee wrote: »

The article didn't say that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The article didn't say that.

An “unexpected surge” in the number of consumers from the Republic seeking bargains on UK websites after the post-Brexit collapse in sterling has seen a leading delivery company struggling to keep up with demand

It kinda did

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement