Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pedroismyname

Ordered from Amazon on the 28th Nov, shipped 29th and delivered to the Parcel Motel warehouse in the North.

No sign of it from Parcel Motel.

Does that mean they haven't even scanned it? I don't mind if it doesn't arrive until 16th Dec etc but would love to know if they have it! Otherwise I would order the product again since it's a present from my Mam to me so it's a bit crappy if it doesn't arrive before Xmas or is lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

The saga has finally ended.
    The compensation for a package lost on 30th Oct and agreed on 11th Nov. has finally reached my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Lads I've just ordered an iPad I need in time for Xmas. Says will be deliverer on 15. Are they that bad for everyone at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Lads I've just ordered an iPad I need in time for Xmas. Says will be deliverer on 15. Are they that bad for everyone at the moment?

Brave are you!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Brave are you!
    Think I'm going to have to cancel,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

As mentioned previously on the thread, I wonder why they don't encourage users to pick up early (e.g. 50c off if you collect within 6 hours) during the busier periods like now? Or is the hold up primarily at the sorting stage in their distribution centre? I got a text notification at 8pm on Sunday to say my parcel was in my locker, I collected it almost immediately. The next day I collected a second parcel delivered at 7:02am to the locker I had vacated the night previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

My oversized package finally arrived in Waterford, 12 days after it landed in Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I think Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals had a lot more people ordering than are ordering now so you should be ok for Christmas Delivery.

In case my timeline helps anybody else:
    Wed, 30 Nov - Apple UK sent mine to PM Antrim
    Thur, 1 Nov - Apple updated it was delivered
    Mon, 5 Dec - Scanned by PM/In transit email from PM
    Wed, 7 Dec - arrived in my local locker in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

and the award for todays most obtuse and cryptic comments go to . .
    blastman wrote: »
    Now go back and read all of it...
    The article didn't say that.

Article summary, Parcel Motel are exceptionally busy. Got any issues with that men?

Anyhows on a more helpful note. . . . . . in case it is of use to anyone, make sure you either have sufficient topup or that your credit card details are correct/not expired, it will be one less thing to delay your deliveries

I'll cut them a little slack, being the season that it is and all that . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

I got the checked in pic from dublin depot earlier 8 days since it was delivered to antrim
    The box looks soggy and covered in mould so its not looking good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Anyone know what status 'cancelled' means? At Parcel Motel depot.

Didnt get any notification email/text.
    Expecting something from Amazon but doesn't look like their packaging. If only their photos were clearer I could read the tracking details.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I would hazard a guess that it wasn't for you and they corrected their error.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

http://www.thejournal.ie/parcel-motel-christmas-delays-dublin-3126156-Dec2016/?amp=1

My experience - Signed in on the 30th of November in Dublin.........nothing since....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,794 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

As mentioned previously on the thread, I wonder why they don't encourage users to pick up early (e.g. 50c off if you collect within 6 hours) during the busier periods like now? Or is the hold up primarily at the sorting stage in their distribution centre? I got a text notification at 8pm on Sunday to say my parcel was in my locker, I collected it almost immediately. The next day I collected a second parcel delivered at 7:02am to the locker I had vacated the night previously.

Last year if you collected within 12hours (iirc) you were entered in a competition for a TV.

I don't get why they don't group packages. The other half got three deliveries last week, on the same day - packaged into three different lockers. All delivered at the same time. Happens everytime we get multiple deliveries at once. Suppose it is to more easily justify charging fit each delivery, maybe for record tracking too, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

dunleas wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/parcel-motel-christmas-delays-dublin-3126156-Dec2016/?amp=1

My experience - Signed in on the 30th of November in Dublin.........nothing since....

I will point out I don't work for Parcel Motel. I use there service on a weekly basis

This article is such a pile of poo. For f**k sake it is the 7th of December. I ordered loads of stuff on the Black Friday week. So far have about 50% delivered, 5% of that was from depot which I was aware would be oversized but know how to use service so paid the 7 euro per item. Still versus what was on offer here I save 200 euro on those 2 items alone.

I will put forward the following issue which people should look at before moaning:
    1. Pick your item up when text, that is the biggest delay. The drop off point is full
    2. Read the bloody T&C on website
    3. Dont buy something that needs a truck on its own to ship and then expect PM to ship it for 4 euro........

Everyone is on here complaining but how many go and pick up there item when they get a text? how can PM work when everyone sits back and let package sit for days in lockers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I will point out I don't work for Parcel Motel. I use there service on a weekly basis

This article is such a pile of poo. For f**k sake it is the 7th of December. I ordered loads of stuff on the Black Friday week. So far have about 50% delivered, 5% of that was from depot which I was aware would be oversized but know how to use service so paid the 7 euro per item. Still versus what was on offer here I save 200 euro on those 2 items alone.

I will put forward the following issue which people should look at before moaning:
    1. Pick your item up when text, that is the biggest delay. The drop off point is full
    2. Read the bloody T&C on website
    3. Dont buy something that needs a truck on its own to ship and then expect PM to ship it for 4 euro........

Everyone is on here complaining but how many go and pick up there item when they get a text? how can PM work when everyone sits back and let package sit for days in lockers

Sorry but you're completely missing the point. The majority of people who are fuming at parcel motel (like me) are not just waiting on packages, our packages are MISSING, they have not even been registered on their system. I had 5 packages in total ordered, I have received 3. 2 are missing, they arrived on Nov 30th to their northern depot. It was signed for and 100% had the correct address. I know this as the two missing packages are part of a 3 item shipment that was separated by a particular shop. I got the 2nd shipment but the first and third are missing.

They are not replying to tickets on their site even though they guarantee to reply within 48hrs. They are not answering their phones, I've been on hold for over 4 hours in total now in the past 2 days. They are not replying to most of their tweets/dm's.

I would have no problem if they checked my items in, I know it's just waiting on a box then, but when they don't even know they have your package and they won't even respond to explain it is more than frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

My package that arrived in Antrim on 24th & Dublin on 27th was finally put in a locker yesterday, I noticed in the pic they sent from Dublin that the ridge of the box looked opened & when it arrived it was taped down with Nightline tape saying it had been "sealed in transit".....I know boxes come loose etc but it looked fairly sturdy & as if it had been pulled open

Had another order delivered to Antrim on Monday, checked in to Dublin at about 5pm this evening, luckily I'd changed my delivery method to home delivery & should have it in 1-2 working days so I'm told in the mail, would advise anyone waiting on something to do the same so as to avoid the wait

*both "medium" sized packages

My package arrived in Antrim on Sunday 4th of December. Got the delayed text yesterday at 1730. Just got a textext at 2230 my package is included my locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

MAXFANTANA wrote: »
    My package arrived in Antrim on Sunday 4th of December. Got the delayed text yesterday at 1730. Just got a textext at 2230 my package is included my locker.

Which depot you getting delivered to? I have 5 packages registered on their systems, the first was 23rd November yet still nothing to the lockers. Every time I have been lucky to get through they say it be sent out that night. Still nothing. I have used address pal for all my other orders since these five

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TrishaB

Use parcel motel all the time. Have just received parcel 6 days waiting got it. I saved 90 euro order g from UK site that doesn't deliver to Ireland. Cut parcel motel some slack guys. 80% increase in business in the space of 7 days. Their an irish company, listening to.people on here wanting to destroy them ? Bit extreme. .bit of patience goes a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TrishaB wrote: »
    Use parcel motel all the time. Have just received parcel 6 days waiting got it. I saved 90 euro order g from UK site that doesn't deliver to Ireland.  Cut parcel motel some slack guys. 80% increase in business in the space of 7 days. Their an irish company, listening to.people on here wanting to destroy them ? Bit extreme.  .bit of patience goes a long way.
    Parcel Motel have had plenty of patience from people.  They knew that this busy period was coming, and they had to have known that their customer base was up. They are not new to this.
    They should have taken on enough extra staff and like some of their competitors, hired some extra courier drivers.
    I do not by any means wish them to be destroyed, nor do i think anyone else does, but i highly recommend that nobody else uses them for this Christmas, they are already operating over capacity. Parcel Motel should be with me on this, seeing as their delay is 80% higher than normal. Hopefully they can gain users back in the new year. They are finished for the end of this year.
    This is a Business. I am not their friend or buddy. I pay for a service, I want that service within a radius of courtesy and reasonable expectation. They may have been one of the first major companies to provide the service but they do not give either of those for me at the moment.
    I was unable to contact them when it was most important.
    To help Parcel Motel ease the pressure, I highly recommend everyone uses one of the other three services, it also means that you will get it quicker.

Which depot you getting delivered to? I have 5 packages registered on their systems, the first was 23rd November yet still nothing to the lockers. Every time I have been lucky to get through they say it be sent out that night. Still nothing. I have used address pal for all my other orders since these five

Bishopstown Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

dauhee wrote: »
    and the award for todays most obtuse and cryptic comments go to . .

Article summary, Parcel Motel are exceptionally busy. Got any issues with that men?
    godtabh wrote: »
    It kinda did

I don't see how my comments were obtuse or cryptic, the article linked said something totally different to the comment that was posted.
    Its when misinformation like that gets around, its just makes people that are waiting for their parcels more angry, and less patient. People then log multiple tickets for the same issue, which slows down the customer support process.

The article actually said:

"A spokeswoman said that during the busy period in the run-up to Christmas it usually experienced an increase of 25 per cent in the number of parcels it processed. This Christmas was unprecedented, as we are seeing an increase in delivery volumes of over 80 per cent more than this time last year"

dauhee wrote: »
    Anyhows on a more helpful note. . . . . . in case it is of use to anyone, make sure you either have sufficient topup or that your credit card details are correct/not expired, it will be one less thing to delay your deliveries

I'll cut them a little slack, being the season that it is and all that . . .

yea, they are having lots of issues like that, people not putting their parcel motel id code in the delivery address is slowing them down a lot. I think they will need to add extra motels for next xmass too, lack of motel space is an issue. This is the first time I have noticed them to be slow, I use the service a lot, and have never had any issues with parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

OK so I don't know what to do, I've had a package delivered to the Antrim depot on Saturday, still hasn't shown up in my parcel motel account, contacted them 3 times Sunday night, Tuesday and Wednesday and have had no response. I've confirmation that it was delivered to that address, they won't reply to me and I've heard nothing. I've also another package that was delivered yesterday and hasn't shown up in my account either. Anyone know what to do it who to contact??

I see some other people have had stuff delivered on Saturday and it appear in their accounts, I'm worried they've lost or stolen my stuff. The no responses is what's killing me and lack of communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

OK so I don't know what to do, I've had a package delivered to the Antrim depot on Saturday, still hasn't shown up in my parcel motel account, contacted them 3 times Sunday night, Tuesday and Wednesday and have had no response. I've confirmation that it was delivered to that address, they won't reply to me and I've heard nothing. I've also another package that was delivered yesterday and hasn't shown up in my account either. Anyone know what to do it who to contact??

I see some other people have had stuff delivered on Saturday and it appear in their accounts, I'm worried they've lost or stolen my stuff. The no responses is what's killing me and lack of communication.

I'm in the exact same boat, Saturday and yesterday deliveries, no update yet.
    Delivered by Amazon, so have all their track and trace details.
    Just a waiting game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭genek

my package arrived at Antrim 1st December and I did not even received a delay notification. Today 8th December, no answer from Parcel, impossible to get any information through the phone. nobody picks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Is there any way to see which are less busy motels in your area?? I would change mine and drive a bit if it meant I got my parcel.. also if you select 'home delivery' can you change it back once you received your parcel, I have a few coming through and would happily pay extra for the main ones, but not too worried about the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

There was a slot at the start of the ryan turbidy show this morning about the backlogs at parcel motel and irate customers not recieving their parcels,i only caught the very start of it and had to go out,anyone interested could podcast it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

lafors wrote: »
    Sorry but you're completely missing the point. The majority of people who are fuming at parcel motel (like me) are not just waiting on packages, our packages are MISSING, they have not even been registered on their system. I had 5 packages in total ordered, I have received 3. 2 are missing, they arrived on Nov 30th to their northern depot. It was signed for and 100% had the correct address. I know this as the two missing packages are part of a 3 item shipment that was separated by a particular shop. I got the 2nd shipment but the first and third are missing.

They are not replying to tickets on their site even though they guarantee to reply within 48hrs. They are not answering their phones, I've been on hold for over 4 hours in total now in the past 2 days. They are not replying to most of their tweets/dm's.

I would have no problem if they checked my items in, I know it's just waiting on a box then, but when they don't even know they have your package and they won't even respond to explain it is more than frustrating.

From my own experience of working in high volume production at peek periods....

Stages you mentioned above are obviously being skipped (answering phones, scanning and placing in locations etc).

Why?

Because a manager has to make a decision.

Do we as a business :

A: Carry on as normal... answering phones, scanning packages at every step of the way, taking photos of your item, sending out reassuring emails saying we have your package etc.. etc.. and then advertise for new staff and spend days training them up (which takes other people away from their jobs).

B: Operate an 'all hands on deck' approach and aim to get everything out the door ASAP. This means putting boots on the ground and doing the physical carrying and sorting, also eliminating parts of the customer service which don't necessarily expedite your package (but give a nice fuzzy feeling that your package is special and being looked after). I've also seen it in businesses where office/admin staff are thrown a high vis vest and told to pitch-in down on the sorting floor.

I'd guess this is probably the case because half the packages I received were photo'd the rest were not.... those packages I received; did I care if they were photo'd or not once I got them? No... so I'm happy if they skipped that process to speed it up.

In fairness to PM the level of sales online this year were probably unexpected. Even with myself I increased my spending with Amazon by about 600% compared to last year !!!! And we know that Black Friday was a bit madder this year. Especially with the 'free delivery' option. I heard on the radio that they had taken on extra staff in anticipation but didn't realise the level of demand.

I have faith that the stuff will be delivered before the 25th (or I'll have a bit of explaining to do with the kids:eek:). Hang tight.

As regards returned orders/cancelled orders or stuff just sent back. I'd say they would normally spend a bit of time trying to run around and figure out what the missing number of a barcode or wrong address is. Maybe the best option is to just send it back and inform the supplier/customer ASAP rather than them hoping they'll figure out where the stuff goes and the customer waiting until January before it's resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

godtabh wrote: »
    It kinda did

eh nope,
    I think you need to read it again

This Christmas was unprecedented, as we are seeing an increase in delivery volumes of over 80 per cent more than this time last year,” she said. “This has resulted in a backlog for processing parcels, which we are currently addressing.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement