Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

you can change your delivery location, go to settings, delivery location, modify,

you can change the location at any time, im not sure if there is any point changing it at this stage,

rather use parcelwizard or parcelconnect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

murphf wrote: »
    Is there any way to see which are less busy motels in your area?? I would change mine and drive a bit if it meant I got my parcel.. also if you select 'home delivery' can you change it back once you received your parcel, I have a few coming through and would happily pay extra for the main ones, but not too worried about the others?

I thought about that but there's no way I'd change the address once something has been ordered and handed over to PM. Maybe if PM themselves took a look at peoples regular postal addresses and re-allocated the parcels to the next nearer one then I'd be happy to drive a few kilometers further. This might open up another can of worms though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

If your parcel has arrived in the PM depot, and has been processed, then its probably too late to change the delivery address. I'd imagine once your package had been processed, it has the delivery label for your desired collection point placed on the package. If you change your collection point after this, your package will still get delivered to the original collection point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dauhee wrote: »

missing a 1 there...

25% is the usual increase at christmas, and they are then saying 80% increase upon last year, which we can take to be so last year instead of 100 parcels in normal months they would be getting 125, and this year it would be 80% more than that 125 so 225 parcels, or 125% increase.

The problem is that they cannot limit the use of the service, they could stop new people signing up if they wanted though. But then they would have huge decreases during the rest of the year.

I am signed up to PM, PW, AP services and they have my email address but I have had no warning sent to me about possible delays. I think the only recent email I got was from PM encouraging me to buy on amazon black friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Does anyone know how the service is for sending parcels to an Address, are they as slow as getting a delivery in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

genek wrote: »
    my package arrived at Antrim 1st December and I did not even received a delay notification. Today 8th December, no answer from Parcel, impossible to get any information through the phone. nobody picks up.

Genek, which number do you ring??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just got my text - thankfully! Hopefully the back log is starting to clear for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

GBX wrote: »
    Just got my text - thankfully! Hopefully the back log is starting to clear for everybody.

What size package and what date was it delivered ? Are you in dublin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Genek, which number do you ring??

Try 018835442

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

nava wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the service is for sending parcels to an Address, are they as slow as getting a delivery in?

Dreadful. Takes at least a week during normal periods, if they don't lose it that is. Now, I wouldn't even bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

I ordered 2 parcels early last week one delivered on 2nd Dec (nowhere to be seen on their website) and the other parcel is with a friend of mine in town who was courteous enough to to alert me (this parcel is "in transit" on the website with PM) His package is obviously either lost or with someone else since he received mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got this email yesterday.
    Collect your parcel tomorrow from the Parcel Motel Bus at Tesco Celbridge

As the Parcel Motel at Tesco Celbridge is very busy at the moment, we have arranged a temporary pick up point from the Parcel Motel bus.

Our delivery team will be there in the Tesco car park tomorrow (Thurs 8th Dec) between 5pm and 9pm in a bus with your parcel on board. All you need to collect it is your PMID which you can find above.

If you can't make it tomorrow, uncollected parcels will be placed in a queue to be stored at the Parcel Motel for you to pick up as soon as space becomes available, but may be delayed for up to 2 days.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I ordered an oversized item on Amazon on Dec 4th.

It arrived to the Dublin PM depot this morning just after 10am. They say to allow 12hrs for it to be checked into the PM system and 1 working day for it to arrive in the locker.

Lets see. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

durtybit wrote: »
    I ordered 2 parcels early last week one delivered on 2nd Dec (nowhere to be seen on their website) and the other parcel is with a friend of mine in town who was courteous enough to to alert me (this parcel is "in transit" on the website with PM) His package is obviously either lost or with someone else since he received mine.

Just got a text to say that they have their own parcel now also.

If it was anyone else I would have been totally unaware and thinking that PM had lost it somewhere not knowing it was with another parcel motel customer. Still waiting on my other package which is of greater value.

PM seem to be not responding to folks either. If I get this package, it will be the last that nightline deliver to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭genek

fernrock wrote: »
    Try 018835442

Thanks, I just noticed today that my package is in transit.
    I thought it was lost as from the 1st Dec there was no information available.
    Hope will get it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

fernrock wrote: »
    Try 018835442

Amazed to get through today on that number. Spoke with a very nice person but no trace of my package (mobile phone) said they would call me back @ 4 but no call back. Acknowledged a staff member signed it in on the 30th. I fear the worst ....

The two parcels I have had in transit for a few days have now reached me,, no sign of the bigger one which is the main one signed for on the 29th Nov ,, I have hope though that things are now moving and people are still getting packages, I suspect mine is a medium
    To large parcel so perhaps that is the hold up., I wish that they would show it as being processed or whatever
    Rather than no acknowledgement :(

dunleas wrote: »
    Amazed to get through today on that number. Spoke with a very nice person but no trace of my package (mobile phone) said they would call me back @ 4 but no call back. Acknowledged a staff member signed it in on the 30th. I fear the worst ....

Sounds positive though that
    They have signed it in,. That means it has your pmid on it ok and it is in the warehouse somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coffeycream

Hi all. Very worrying to see how many people are waiting on parcels. Mine is a Santa present. Delivered to them on the 18th Nov. I had no pm on it but by the 30th got email to say it's in transit. Got a text then with a tracking number to say there's a delay!!!! Still nothing. Email, Twitter, Facebook nothing. Then eventually got through today on night lines number. Niamh assured me she would find it and ring me back!!! She didn't. I also got that direct line in Dublin from nightline!! I'm going to hound them tom. Any other suggestions? It is coming between me and my nights sleep😩😩

Ok., so regarding my missing parcel., is it worth changing to 'home delivery' now? Signed for 29th Nov , but no acknowledgment from parcel motel., so if it isn't yet in the system (presumably) would that speed it up?? Don't know if it's late because they are waiting on a medium locker , or just hasn't been processed. Do they process
    Home delivery ones any quicker??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

murphf wrote: »
    What size package and what date was it delivered ? Are you in dublin ?

Small ish. Phone book size. Delivered to the Dublin depot on Monday evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Picked up from the "parcel bus" which was the dodgiest looking bus ever. They asked for my name as well as my pmid which threw me as I couldn't remember the name I use for PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Here is a new one for ye, two of my parcels were checked into yesterday and today they are down as collected from depot which is odd since I never collected them.

I contacted them on Twitter and to their credit they said they would look into it but that was about 8 hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pedroismyname

Got a text from Parcel motel today - (it had been delivered to them on 2nd Dec). My package is in the Dublin depot. They're saying it is oversized so charged me 7 euro and I need to get it delivered to my house now which is an additional 7.95.

Amazon says the product dimensions are 17.9 x 57.9 x 43.6 cm; 4.1 Kg and shipping weight is 5kg.

Parcel motel says:

"Your parcel size is 13 x 65 x 42 cm
    12 kg"

I have no idea how it would be more than double the weight. I will weigh it when it finally arrives. Although by then I will already be charged the 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

Got a text from Parcel motel today - (it had been delivered to them on 2nd Dec). My package is in the Dublin depot. They're saying it is oversized so charged me 7 euro and I need to get it delivered to my house now which is an additional 7.95.

Amazon says the product dimensions are 17.9 x 57.9 x 43.6 cm; 4.1 Kg and shipping weight is 5kg.

Parcel motel says:

12 kg"

I have no idea how it would be more than double the weight. I will weigh it when it finally arrives. Although by then I will already be charged the 15 euro.

It could be a case Amazon put your shipment in a big ol' box that exceeds the the size limits of PM, classifying it as Oversized.

I ordered an item on Amazon which was 9KG and the dimensions were listed as being within the boundaries of acceptable size for PM. But it's classified as an oversized item @ 2KG so that's not accurate. Amazon probably shipped in in a big box though pushing it into an oversized item. Whenever I get the item I'll eventually know. Hopefully tomorrow. It's entered a "Weighed" status on tracking now since being delivered to Antrim on the 23rd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Parcel motel says:

12 kg"

The 12 kg weight is a mistake unless they've devised some new dimensional overweight formula. Though weight is not relevant to the €7 charge - sadly, the box width (65cm) is a measily 1cm over the largest locker size and could have weighed in up to 55KG and still cost that. Amazon dimensions are for the monitor itself. A pity under the circumstances you didn't go free supersaver delivery (a great monitor btw) .

(edit: Sorry, just noticed no longer free delivery here as it was in April.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Did anyone order Echo/Echo Dot from Amazon vis PM when the Black Friday offer started? I ordered an Echo Dot on the Friday (Nov 25th) and the expected delivery date according to Amazon was Dec 1st but it isn't showing as delivered yet on Amazon's site. Just wondering if anyone else had got theirs as I'm now a bit concerned it's lost in PM's sh*tstorm...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blastman wrote: »
    Did anyone order Echo/Echo Dot from Amazon vis PM when the Black Friday offer started?  I ordered an Echo Dot on the Friday (Nov 25th) and the expected delivery date according to Amazon was Dec 1st but it isn't showing as delivered yet on Amazon's site.  Just wondering if anyone else had got theirs as I'm now a bit concerned it's lost in PM's sh*tstorm...?
    It will show as delivered on Amazon when it is delivered to Parcel Motel. So, nope it is not Parcel Motels delay this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Suckit wrote: »
    It will show as delivered on Amazon when it is delivered to Parcel Motel. So, nope it is not Parcel Motels delay this time.

I had a package delivered to PM from Amazon on Dec 2nd and then picked up by me from my local locker but it is still not showing as delivered in my Amazon account as of today 9th Dec.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Suckit wrote: »

I had a package delivered to PM from Amazon on Dec 2nd and then picked up by me from my local locker but it is still not showing as delivered in my Amazon account as of today 9th Dec.
    It should show as being delivered. Probably one of the other couriers that people have been giving out about. 
    Either way, to the op of that question i would get in contact with amazon chat.
    It is a bit odd that yours was delivered but does not show it though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement