Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

My amazon package was delivered on 29th and in the locker last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Shred wrote: »
    My last package was delivered to Antrim around 9am yesterday morning and I got a 'parcel arrived at depot' notification around 7 this evening; so I figure I should have it by Thursday night, which will be a day later than Amazon estimated delivery to Antrim in the first place, so not bad.

I got a text to pick this up at 11.30 last night as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

It would Appear on Facebook that a couple of people have had luck turning up to finglas depot and demanding parcel., anyone done that??

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

blastman wrote: »
    Did anyone order Echo/Echo Dot from Amazon vis PM when the Black Friday offer started? I ordered an Echo Dot on the Friday (Nov 25th) and the expected delivery date according to Amazon was Dec 1st but it isn't showing as delivered yet on Amazon's site. Just wondering if anyone else had got theirs as I'm now a bit concerned it's lost in PM's sh*tstorm...?

I did. Surprisingly it was the first of my three orders I got when this whole thing started. Ordered on the 27th. Shipping on the 29th. Delivered on the 30th. Checked into PM on the 1st and was in my locker on the 2nd.

Was it shipped with Amazon logistics? Normally it would say "Parcel was handed to resident" when delivered on the tracking page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Digiby wrote: »
    I did. Surprisingly it was the first of my three orders I got when this whole thing started. Ordered on the 27th. Shipping on the 29th. Delivered on the 30th. Checked into PM on the 1st and was in my locker on the 2nd.

Was it shipped with Amazon logistics? Normally it would say "Parcel was handed to resident" when delivered on the tracking page.

As above, it was my quickest delivery, ordered Friday night, had it in locker Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Is there a general delay in parcels being checked in after they are received in NI depot at the moment, had a parcel delivered but no sign of it on my PM account yet. Am hoping it is just a general delay instead of a problem with the parcel going missing.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is there a general delay in parcels being checked in after they are received in NI depot at the moment, had a parcel delivered but no sign of it on my PM account yet. Am hoping it is just a general delay instead of a problem with the parcel going missing.

Yeah, up to a week or more if the parcel is oversized. If it's standard or medium then it could be 3 - 4 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I will point out I don't work for Parcel Motel. I use there service on a weekly basis

This article is such a pile of poo. For f**k sake it is the 7th of December. I ordered loads of stuff on the Black Friday week. So far have about 50% delivered, 5% of that was from depot which I was aware would be oversized but know how to use service so paid the 7 euro per item. Still versus what was on offer here I save 200 euro on those 2 items alone.

I will put forward the following issue which people should look at before moaning:
    1. Pick your item up when text, that is the biggest delay. The drop off point is full
    2. Read the bloody T&C on website
    3. Dont buy something that needs a truck on its own to ship and then expect PM to ship it for 4 euro........

Everyone is on here complaining but how many go and pick up there item when they get a text? how can PM work when everyone sits back and let package sit for days in lockers

Take your own advise and read terms and conditions especially the part that says you have 24 hours to collect a parcel once it is placed in your locker. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Well his point is that if everyone picks up their parcels as quickly as possible then it frees up lockers for others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Yeah I think we'd all be on board with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Hilarious! Along with the 'hold' music, they say 'your call is important to us', they also say 'parcel motel allows you to send or return parcels ,... WITH FULL TRACEABILITY ' ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

It's kind of ridiculous that Parcel Motel are in this position again. It's not as if it hasn't happened before so I can't understand how they haven't put in place some contingency plans to help ease the congestion and not just repeat the same mistakes year on year.

The reducing to 24 hours might help but other things that have been mentioned like incentives for people to collect early by giving 50 c or €1 back would help. They should also have an option to allow a user to get several packages placed in the same locker if they are being delivered around the same time. Several times I have been collecting 2-3 items and each are in a separate locker but would have easily fitted in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Ha, funny story.

So I rang Parcel Motel, as they've had my package since Tuesday, and not movement on it and wanted to see if they had an update. Much like 2 years ago when they first started getting huge delays. The guy on the phone said it looks like it will be delivered tomorrow night, so Saturday night/Sunday Morning.

Now I remember them telling me the same stuff constantly 2 years ago, but it was never accurate. I didn't use them last year during christmas because I wasn't dealing with those delays again. I ordered something on the 23rd of November, but took longer to ship, but was hoping Parcel Motel and their **** in order this year, but was I wrong.

Anyway, funny part is that, not 5 minutes off the phone with him, do I get a text messages saying my package is ready for collection. Clearly their entire system doesn't work, and they have no idea when the packages will be delivered, and their just telling people random dates to get them off their backs.

Ha, funny story.

So I rang Parcel Motel, as they've had my package since Tuesday, and not movement on it and wanted to see if they had an update. Much like 2 years ago when they first started getting huge delays. The guy on the phone said it looks like it will be delivered tomorrow night, so Saturday night/Sunday Morning.

Now I remember them telling me the same stuff constantly 2 years ago, but it was never accurate. I didn't use them last year during christmas because I wasn't dealing with those delays again. I ordered something on the 23rd of November, but took longer to ship, but was hoping Parcel Motel and their **** in order this year, but was I wrong.

Anyway, funny part is that, not 5 minutes off the phone with him, do I get a text messages saying my package is ready for collection. Clearly their entire system doesn't work, and they have no idea when the packages will be delivered, and their just telling people random dates to get them off their backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Thor wrote: »
    Ha, funny story.

What phone number did you use. My parcel delivered on monday hasnt been checked in yet. Now to be honest its a printer. Still not the point though. I had a number it was just ringing out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Shred wrote: »
    Well his point is that if everyone picks up their parcels as quickly as possible then it frees up lockers for others.

Unless most of the lockers at a depot are empty. Parcel Motel are not going to arrive back there with 2 or 3 parcels. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

fernrock wrote: »
    The saga has finally ended.
    The compensation for a package lost on 30th Oct and agreed on 11th Nov. has finally reached my account.

How did you go about getting refunded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Riva10 wrote: »
    Unless most of the lockers at a depot are empty. Parcel Motel are not going to arrive back there with 2 or 3 parcels. :eek:

Bumped into the driver at my local motel. He was dropping in 2 parcels. I picked mine up and he then stuck another one in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I ordered an oversized item on Amazon on Dec 4th.

It arrived to the Dublin PM depot this morning just after 10am. They say to allow 12hrs for it to be checked into the PM system and 1 working day for it to arrive in the locker.

Lets see. LOL

Well, the order arrived in PM Dublin at 10am yesterday.

I logged on today and see it was checked in today at 12:11pm.

Happy enough, see how long it takes to get to the locker. Hope ye all get sorted soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭C3PO

This question has probably been asked and answered elsewhere in this thread but am I correct in assuming that the original retailer no longer has any responsibility for a product once it's been delivered to Parcel Motel and they have proof of that? So if it goes missing in the Parcel Motel system then the customer has recourse to PM only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

C3PO wrote: »
    This question has probably been asked and answered elsewhere in this thread but am I correct in assuming that the original retailer no longer has any responsibility for a product once it's been delivered to Parcel Motel and they have proof of that? So if it goes missing in the Parcel Motel system then the customer has recourse to PM only?

Yes, I would think this is correct. Not the retailers fault if they delivered it to where you asked them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Ha, funny story.

Ha, funny story.

And did this happen to you twice Thor? :D;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Digiby wrote: »

Carrier is showing as WPDS, no tracking information available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I decided I'd check my account on Parcel Motel and a package was received last night and is currently "In Transit". I didn't get any notification of this, though. Looks like the delay so far hasn't been PM's fault in this case, but we'll see how long it takes to actually arrive in the locker.

I'm greatly encouraged by the pic they've included, though

AppleKidd wrote: »
    What phone number did you use. My parcel delivered on monday hasnt been checked in yet. Now to be honest its a printer. Still not the point though. I had a number it was just ringing out.

I rang 018835442. I was ringing for a goof 15-20 minutes id say before getting through, but liked I said, the information he gave me was nonsense, as I got a text minutes after him telling me i wouldnt get it for 2 days.
    And did this happen to you twice Thor? :D;)

Haha, Gotta love the dual post on boards.

Anyway. upon my visit to my locker, the nightline courier was there. It seemed it might have been having issues with the locker, as he was onto head office, and going through the firmware over the phone. It seems was not able to open random lockers at will. Guessing he was having an issue with a specific package or something. I was still able to collect mine.

Anyway. He said they were making visits at least 3 times a day to the lockers, and he was loading it up any time a few spots became avaialble. He wasn't a direct courier, but was doing it from a car with some packages in the boot and backseats.

He said their working on new efforts, butthey wont be here for sometime, at least next year at the earliest. They want to allow people to combine packages into a single parcel motel package and have it delivered on specific days of the week. So if you know you getting multiple packages, they can be combined into one parcel motel package, and deliver on a specific day, say each saturday,

While they really should have done their best efforts to get that going before the backlogs this year, hopefully that will ease any future backlogs.

I said they should be doing incentives for those that don't mind waiting. Say 50-percent off for not worrying about when it arrives, or better yet, a free stay added to your account after the busy holidays. They should really be offering people a way to just have packages stopped before going to the lockers for collection a their main depot. I see no reason why a courier company can't implement something like that.

Still, I wouldn't recommend Parcel Motel for anything important this time of the year.

Riva10 wrote: »

It's already been said here that PM are attempting delivery to lockers 2-3 times per day; if lockers aren't being freed up they can't re-stock.
    Bumped into the driver at my local motel. He was dropping in 2 parcels. I picked mine up and he then stuck another one in.

Then there's that.

I finally got my last package this morning from my local depot. 16 days in total from when it was delivered to Antrim.
    That's me done with PM until some time in the New Year. My package was 1cm oversize :pac:

Hopefully they implement some changes to handle this kind of thing in the future. It's their 3rd year at it now.
    As swamped and their customer service has been, I was happy with the support I did receive when I got it. Although it did have resort to twitter at one stage. The agent managed to scan my package for me after it was sitting checked in for days and got it moving along to my final destination.

Looking at twitter this week, it seems to be much busier with issues compared to last week so I wouldn't like to be in this situation now.
    Hope everyone else gets their packages eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 wxm0543

I just checked my PM account and it says I have a parcel checked in. But I didn't receive any email or text to tell me this. The parcel is oversized, and it say the location is Parcel Motel Depot. Where is Parcel Motel Deport, is that the local depot or NI deport?? Should I collect it myself or I need to wait their further action. ps: the website says

"You will be notified by text message if we have a received a parcel for your account. As a Parcel Motel customer you will also be given an option in your account area to send your parcel to a Nightline/Parcel Motel depot (see list below) for collection or alternatively pay €10.50 for a home delivery."

I cann't see any option on the page.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement