Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

wxm0543 wrote: »
    I just checked my PM account and it says I have a parcel checked in. But I didn't receive any email or text to tell me this. The parcel is oversized, and it say the location is Parcel Motel Depot. Where is Parcel Motel Deport, is that the local depot or NI deport?? Should I collect it myself or I need to wait their further action. ps: the website says

"You will be notified by text message if we have a received a parcel for your account. As a Parcel Motel customer you will also be given an option in your account area to send your parcel to a Nightline/Parcel Motel depot (see list below) for collection or alternatively pay €10.50 for a home delivery."

I cann't see any option on the page.

If the Status is "CheckedIn" you have to wait for them to process it. Mine was stuck as "CheckedIn" for 5 days until I got onto support about it and had them move it along. If it's oversized I think it gets stored in the main Dublin Depot and you're given a pin number as usual. But once it gets to that stage you then have the option under your account on the Parcel Motel site to either have it delivered to your home or redirected to another Depot (if you have a nightline depot nearer your location). These options will appear on the line item that has the tracking number and other item details.

You'll see something like this:

tpAVZak.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Parcel Motel recieved my package in Antrim yesterday morning and I just got email to say it's in the Dublin depot. Wasn't expecting it for another few days so hopefully it will continue to move along quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wxm0543

Thank your for your info. Just waiting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I have no fewer than five parcels In Transit. Hopefully some kind of crap record :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Abysmal is the only word to describe the current situation.

Totally unable to cope with demand yet no warning on their site to allow for delay.

Item delivered to them 1st December - two enquiries made, no answer to either, no parcel checked in, no nothing from them.

Just appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Heads up to anyone using Adamstown. Parcel Driver did not close a lock correctly and now the whole motel is down. People very unhappy they cant access parcels they know are there

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Corkman64

Parcel delivered to Antrim at 9am on Wednesday, checked in yesterday at 18:50(also have another small parcel checked in at 12:38 yesterday) and marked as in transit since then. Getting it delivered to a Motel in Cork. Any idea of when it could be there as I need it for Monday. PM said to me on Twitter that they are delivering to PM's on Sundays now. Fingers crossed as the parcels moved fairly quickly compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Corkman64 wrote: »
    Parcel delivered to Antrim at 9am on Wednesday, checked in yesterday at 18:50(also have another small parcel checked in at 12:38 yesterday) and marked as in transit since then. Getting it delivered to a Motel in Cork. Any idea of when it could be there as I need it for Monday. PM said to me on Twitter that they are delivering to PM's on Sundays now. Fingers crossed as the parcels moved fairly quickly compared to others.

I've had two recently in transit and got both within a Couple of days so fingers crossed for you

murphf wrote: »
    I've had two recently in transit and got both within a Couple of days so fingers crossed for you

Will update on this anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Yes it includes weekend days

I'm nearly sure this has been asked before but can't find it on the mobile.

I got a parcel checked in to the depot on Tuesday and just got an email there saying it's ready for collection. Only problem is the locker I use is at my work location. Does the 48 hours include weekends? Would I be OK to collect Monday morning without it getting sent back to the depot?

I feel bad leaving it there for the weekend and usually I collect minutes after it's delivered but I was not expecting it this late on a Friday. Usually it's in the locker before I leave if it's going to be delivered that day.

Pretty sure the 48 hours is all week around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I would get it before Monday. It could be still there by Monday but I'd expect it be taken Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Walter2016 wrote: »
    Abysmal is the only word to describe the current situation.

Totally unable to cope with demand yet no warning on their site to allow for delay.

Item delivered to them 1st December - two enquiries made, no answer to either, no parcel checked in, no nothing from them.

Just appalling.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/christmas-delivery-dates-2016/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Well, the order arrived in PM Dublin at 10am yesterday.

I logged on today and see it was checked in today at 12:11pm.

Happy enough, see how long it takes to get to the locker. Hope ye all get sorted soon!

Queried my package (hey hey) ny opening a ticket at 08.48 this morning.

Got an email back from them saying this at 09.15.

"thank you for contacting us. I can see that your  oversize parcel has been already checked in. You should receive a notification within a couple of days to be able to pick it up.
    We apologize for any delays but it is the busiest time of the year and we are dealing with a large volume of parcels."

Could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I had a parcel shipped by amazon last sunday, arrived up north Monday morning according to amazon tracking, was'nt checked in until Wednesday afternoon, and has been in transit ever since, whatever that means.
    I assigned a motel nearest my work as i though i'd have it by Wednesday at the latest but still no sign, problem is i'm 200 miles from the motel this weekend and now ironically i'm hoping it does'nt arrive for at least another day so i can pick it up on Monday when i'm back at work!!

Just to add i raised a ticket just prior to it being checked in and nobody got back to me, poor enough service considering amazon managed to ship my parcel pretty much overnight and yet PM takes at least a week to get it the last 100 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Same happened to me as I chose one near work and that's a considerable distance from home so I wouldn't drive to it over weekend. I go before work on Monday before 8am and normally there and you are not charged.

I've had 5 packages sent through Parcel motel this past month. Only one was delivered, two i went to collect and the boxes were empty. Two were oversized(49 euro overcharged), they had the wrong pictures and sizes of boxes.

Then when i redirected both to Galway for me to drive to Galway to pick up there was only one, they had redirected one of the packages again to a depot in Dublin.:mad::mad::mad:

After waiting 40 minutes on the phone i eventually got through to Parcel Motel, they said they would send me an email within a few minutes and have it resolved within a few days. They never responded at all. I'll never be using Parcel motel again after this month, absolutely atrocious. Its probably the worst service i have had from any company. Most people i know that were using them have already started switching elsewhere.

I think a pigeon might deliver parcels more reliably than Parcel Motel. Going to give AdressPal a go, nothing can be worse than Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hallaz

2 Parcels (1 small / 1 medium)
    1 tracked / 1 not tracked

5 Oct 07.40 tracked one delivered in to Newton abbey

6 Oct 16.00 both parcels scanned in within hour of each other on PM website
    (receive email and pic confirm scanned in Dublin soon after)

7 Oct Receive text to say delivery will take longer but parcels secure

12Oct Received 2 email just after midnight to say both checked into Balbriggan PM locker (received text message at 8.40 for both but phone off)

12Oct collected to free up more space at 09.00!

Fingers crossed for the rest of you!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

My package was delivered to Antrim on Monday. Still not appearing on the PM website.

Should I be worried or are others seeing similar delays?

• Advertisement

Just this minute got through to parcel motel on 01 8835442 .. on hold for about three minutes .. Jess was very helpful, my parcel didn't have a PMID number despite the seller insisting it did and they didn't know it was mine. She was able to tell me what it was and will get it out in the next few days hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Parcel Motel recieved my package in Antrim yesterday morning and I just got email to say it's in the Dublin depot. Wasn't expecting it for another few days so hopefully it will continue to move along quickly!

Had a parcel delivered to the NI depot a few days ago, no sign of it being checked in still, am beginning to think I am going to have a problem.

Just this minute got through to parcel motel on 01 8835442 .. on hold for about three minutes .. Jess was very helpful, my parcel didn't have a PMID number despite the seller insisting it did and they didn't know it was mine. She was able to tell me what it was and will get it out in the next few days hooray!

You're either a shill or you got lucky. I've been on the line for 13 minutes and no answer....

Pugzilla wrote: »
    You're either a shill or you got lucky. I've been on the line for 13 minutes and no answer....

Must have been lucky., I couldn't get through yesterday at all. On hold for 20 mins and gave up. My parcel arrived in the 29th Nov! Hope you get through soon

Must have been lucky., I couldn't get through yesterday at all. On hold for 20 mins and gave up. My parcel arrived in the 29th Nov! Hope you get through soon

Mind you, not sure how lucky I was really, more perseverance. . Opened four support tickets, email, twitter (got a generic reply which was useless ) and fb message and comment on thread! Kept me awake a few nights let me tell you! Important christmas pressie so hopefully it will appear ok now.. still hasn't appeared on my parcel log :(

eamonnq wrote: »
    Had a parcel delivered to the NI depot a few days ago, no sign of it being checked in still, am beginning to think I am going to have a problem.

I'd follow it up if I was you. I left mine a few days thinking it was just delayed when actually it had no PMID on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I'd follow it up if I was you. I left mine a few days thinking it was just delayed when actually it had no PMID on it

Yeah, I have opened a 'ticket' with them, using the FIND MY PARCEL option on the website, am fairly sure my PMID will be on it though (which might just mean more trouble!!).

Got this response by email.

As it is a busy time of year, we are currently experiencing high volumes of tickets so it may take us a little longer than usual to get back to you.

Looking for your parcel?
    If your parcel is taking longer than expected to reach you, it could be that it arrived without your PMID and is currently being kept safe in our Dublin Depot. If you would like to search our hold area for your parcel, you can use our new ‘Find My Parcel’ service – simply log into your account and select ‘Find My Parcel’.

Forgot to add your PMID to your order?
    Simply log into your Parcel Motel account and click on the ‘Parcel Diary’ button to add your PMID to your order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Got an email an hour ago to say my parcel is ready for collection at the depot.

Here now, waiting for it to come out.

Wasnt as bad as I thought.

I opened a ticket this morning. Package was delivered by amazon prime to Antrim last Monday, not checked in so far. The PMID was definitely on the package unless amazon somehow forgot to print it as part of the address.

How long are people waiting usually for a reply to a ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

I'm nearly sure this has been asked before but can't find it on the mobile.

I got a parcel checked in to the depot on Tuesday and just got an email there saying it's ready for collection. Only problem is the locker I use is at my work location. Does the 48 hours include weekends? Would I be OK to collect Monday morning without it getting sent back to the depot?

I feel bad leaving it there for the weekend and usually I collect minutes after it's delivered but I was not expecting it this late on a Friday. Usually it's in the locker before I leave if it's going to be delivered that day.

It will be taken back on Sunday. I had something delivered last Friday, tried collecting it and the code wouldn't work. Tried again on Saturday, didn't work again. Parcel was taken back to depot on Sunday. Redelivered to my motel yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement