Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I opened a ticket this morning. Package was delivered by amazon to Antrim last Monday, not checked in so far. The PMID was definelty on the package unless amazon somehow forgot to print it.

How long are people waiting usually for a reply to a ticket?

I've been waiting a week and still no reply

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Anyone else have luck getting through to them by phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Anyone else have luck getting through to them by phone?

I found the best time was early morning --before 9.30 . Got through on 3 occasions on Sat morns at this time . I presums the same would apply any morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

eamonnq wrote: »
    Yeah, I have opened a 'ticket' with them, using the FIND MY PARCEL option on the website, am fairly sure my PMID will be on it though (which might just mean more trouble!!).

Got this response by email.

As it is a busy time of year, we are currently experiencing high volumes of tickets so it may take us a little longer than usual to get back to you.

Looking for your parcel?
    If your parcel is taking longer than expected to reach you, it could be that it arrived without your PMID and is currently being kept safe in our Dublin Depot. If you would like to search our hold area for your parcel, you can use our new ‘Find My Parcel’ service – simply log into your account and select ‘Find My Parcel’.

Forgot to add your PMID to your order?
    Simply log into your Parcel Motel account and click on the ‘Parcel Diary’ button to add your PMID to your order.
    That didn't work for me though., they didn't marry it up to my parcel 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Parcel Motel recieved my package in Antrim yesterday morning and I just got email to say it's in the Dublin depot. Wasn't expecting it for another few days so hopefully it will continue to move along quickly!

Just to reassure some people who might be worried, this was my PM experience this week -

Thursday - Parcel was delivered to Antrim
    Friday - Got text to say parcel had arrived in Dublin
    Saturday - Got a text to collect it at about 2pm.

I have it and it is the right one :) Hope everyone waiting gets their parcels soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Just to reassure some people who might be worried, this was my PM experience this week -

Thursday - Parcel was delivered to Antrim
    Friday - Got text to say parcel had arrived in Dublin
    Saturday - Got a text to collect it at about 2pm.

I have it and it is the right one :) Hope everyone waiting gets their parcels soon.

this was my PM experience this week -

Thursday - Parcel was delivered to Antrim (according to Royal Mail Tracking)
    Friday -Nothing
    Saturday - Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

murphf wrote: »
    That didn't work for me though., they didn't marry it up to my parcel 😡

Just pointing out that after I used the 'find my parcel' option, I got an email suggesting I use the 'find my parcel' option. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Ropey service, but I got 2/5 of my parcels today after a few days waiting. When I got to the motel there was a the guy adding the packages and a guy just hanging around seeing what is going on, looked like official PM. He basically just told it is chaos for now, but clearing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Last parcel to go...
    the most expensive as it's a tablet..
    It looks like it's been out in the rain for a while and rolled over by a forklift.
    Anyone taking odds that this won't go well... I'm still hoping.
    403619.jpg
    My Parcel Motel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think you could be alright, chances are it's in a smaller box inside and hasn't been dinged and hopefully is packaged well...

Fingers crossed for you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Corkman64

Corkman64 wrote: »
    Parcel delivered to Antrim at 9am on Wednesday, checked in yesterday at 18:50(also have another small parcel checked in at 12:38 yesterday) and marked as in transit since then. Getting it delivered to a Motel in Cork. Any idea of when it could be there as I need it for Monday. PM said to me on Twitter that they are delivering to PM's on Sundays now. Fingers crossed as the parcels moved fairly quickly compared to others.

Still 'In Transit' and no response from Parcel Motel or Nightline. I don't understand how something can take more than 3 days to reach Cork from Dublin. I could walk it here faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

I've been using PM for over 2 years with no issues, and great customer service when something was delivered with no PM ID or whatever.

I know they're up the walls at the moment, and trying to sort it, so I'm keeping the faith that my parcel which was checked in on 3rd December will get to me. It's showing as "in transit" since Monday, so on Wednesday I submitted a request.

Just got a reply saying they have asked for an update from the warehouse - good. No problem with this. But...They marked my request as "solved"...hmmm...I don't think so. So I've reopened it, and will continue to do so until I receive my parcel.

I think they probably mark it as "solved" so that their "Open" queries don't look so bad, but it wouldn't fill you with confidence that the priority is finding and delivering the parcel, as opposed to making the numbers look good for their supervisors!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭PreCocious

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Last parcel to go...
    the most expensive as it's a tablet..
    It looks like it's been out in the rain for a while and rolled over by a forklift.
    Anyone taking odds that this won't go well... I'm still hoping.
    403619.jpg
    My Parcel Motel.jpg

Whatever about the dent the other markings are part of the new box design to advertise the grand tour. Makes the box look like it was rained on and skidded across the road. I wonder how many couriers had complaints when the boxes first started to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Relieved as picked up my parcel today.

Arrived in antrim on Monday 5th Dec. Was scanned in to dublin depot on Wednesday 7th Dec. And got the text to pick it up today 11 Dec.

So was with parcel motel for 6 days all in. Happy enough with that.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Relieved as picked up my parcel today.

Arrived in antrim on Monday 5th Dec. Was scanned in to dublin depot on Wednesday 7th Dec. And got the text to pick it up today 11 Dec.

So was with parcel motel for 6 days all in. Happy enough with that.

What county are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

What county are you in?

Galway

My package was delivered by amazon to PM in Antrim on Monday, 5th December. They still haven't checked it on the PM website.

Anyone else experiencing a similar delay. I'm beginning to worry.

It's a large pc monitor, so don't know how they could lose it......

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Last time I will order off them before Christmas, looks like all parcelmotel boxes are full we're in a queue, next time anpost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Last time I will order off them before Christmas, looks like all parcelmotel boxes are full we're in a queue, next time anpost

An post is the same price but not 24hrs. If put a locker system outside the office then I'd try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

My package was delivered by amazon to PM in Antrim on Monday, 5th December. They still haven't checked it on the PM website.

Mine is missing since 2nd December, seems a lot of orders have been messed up as in other people have gotten addional parcels and then other people getting nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Exact same issue, Amazon tracking shows that the Antrim PM depot received the item on Monday evening, still no sign of it being checked in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Item delivered to PM Dec 3rd.
    Got text today to say its queued.

Have one other item delivered to them last Friday - probably be 7-10 days before I see it.

Why they can't just be honest and put up information on their website saying that there are delays of 5-6 days.

Many will now just use them if absolutely necessary rather than as default.
    I can see how An Post got over 100,000 sign ups so far.

This gives me some hope at least.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I had a package which I was unable to get to in time so they have sent it back - and they said it will be out for delivery again. Does this mean I have to pay again?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys I had a package which I was unable to get to in time so they have sent it back - and they said it will be out for delivery again. Does this mean I have to pay again?

It does. It has to be re processed again. My locker wouldn't open so despite calls emails etc and no word back it was sent back. Alas it was then lost. To be fair they refunded me the full price of the item

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

It does. It has to be re processed again. My locker wouldn't open so despite calls emails etc and no word back it was sent back. Alas it was then lost. To be fair they refunded me the full price of the item

Exactly same happened me . Mine delivered to locker and I was unable to collect so it was returned, never to be seen again.
    The also refunded me the item cost but, it took nearly 4 weeks from when they agreed it was lost to refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    An post is the same price but not 24hrs. If put a locker system outside the office then I'd try them.

Ye but they would t have problem of full Lockers it would be just held in post office for you

Parcel delivered to Antrim at 9am on Wednesday, checked in yesterday at 18:50(also have another small parcel checked in at 12:38 yesterday) and marked as in transit since then. Getting it delivered to a Motel in Cork. Any idea of when it could be there as I need it for Monday. PM said to me on Twitter that they are delivering to PM's on Sundays now. Fingers crossed as the parcels moved fairly quickly compared to others.

Just got delivered now! 6 hours before my flight. Parcel Motel you are lucky boys

This is a package that arrived in Antrim on the first, on the 8th i redirected it to Galway. Obviously Parcel Motel dont have a clue where Galway is :rolleyes::mad: Is there just a van driving around in circles and not actually delivering anything or what ??

If i do finally get it, it will be my last parcel motel package. 80% of my packages either lost, misdirected or stuck in a depot that i have to drive to to collect and of course no response form the company.:eek:

Tue 6 Dec 12:41 Dublin Package weighed at depot
    Wed 7 Dec 14:43 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored in depot
    Wed 7 Dec 14:46 Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Thu 8 Dec 11:11 Parcel Motel Parcel redirected to depot
    Thu 8 Dec 17:49 Parcel Motel Dublin Package left depot
    Thu 8 Dec 20:51 Dublin Package arrived at sorting facility
    Fri 9 Dec 4:27 Dublin Package left depot
    Sat 10 Dec 9:27 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored in depot
    Sat 10 Dec 9:31 Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Sat 10 Dec 9:51 Parcel Motel Parcel redirected to depot
    Sat 10 Dec 17:50 Parcel Motel Dublin Package left depot
    Sun 11 Dec 18:36 Dublin Package weighed at depot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TrishaB

I think the word" unprecedented increase in online shopping " were the words used by parcel motel spokesperson. Unprecedented means hasnt happened before..... hard to plan for something that has never happened before ? I also had to wait for my parcel, but perhaps I'm just more easy going and don't live in other people's perfect world where everything runs like clock work ��

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement