Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Today received a parcel that was delivered to PM last Friday. Wife also got notification parcel was in the locker and that also arrived at PM pn friday.

Both were addressed correctly with the PM number.

Still waiting for a parcel delivered to PM on 3rd Dec, but I have found out that the sender did not use the PM number as "he didn't realise it was important"

Seems the main issue is with parcels without PM numbers - and that is not their fault.

You will find people will say that the PM number is on the parcel - but you will probably find that the sender did not add it. Remember the UK doesn;t have such a service and frankly many UK places are full of eejits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

It delivered on the 30th Nov(!) to Parcel Motel up north.
    STILL WAITING!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Patww79 wrote: »
    I always put the PM number between by first name and surname in the address and on the 2nd line as normal. It's not fool proof but I've only had it left off once and that was what prompted me to start doing it.

My issue was there was no way to do that on the Argos U.K. Site, anywhere I put it it kept saying 'no numbers allowed on this line' or ''no letters allowed on this line' or 'too many digits ' .. I tried everything and then went on live chat to them, where they reassured me it would be added. The courier note on their tracking info said 'PM xxxx important to be added for tracking the other end' but it appeared to be written just on their info to each other within the courier company and not on the actual parcel! Then they shortened my first name to just my initial. And I have a common surname.

Will try and avoid using Argos uk in future!

I did finally get a reply to my support ticket yesterday so maybe things are now moving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

No update on parcel delivered to PM Northern Ireland depot on 08/12 from China, did receive a notification about a parcel from Amazon UK that was delivered on Saturday to Northern Ireland depot, and have another Chinese parcel showing as being delivered to there this morning so am thinking the first one may not have had my PM number on it, and am hoping the one delivered this morning did.

Still no response to my 'ticket' though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

2 items dispatched from the UK on wed, got emails from parcel motel on sat saying they had arrived at parcel motel HQ (not sure if that means antrim or dublin). Said it should be ready for collection in 2 days.
    I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago, the item was ready for collection in 2 days, at the filling station on the N4 in Lucan.

So Parcel Motel finally got the packag to Galway. i drove the Galway 1.5 hours and it is broken:(, even with the box covered in Fragile stickers.

Where do i start with a claim, how long does it take ? I have purchased extended liability.?

This is a package that arrived in Antrim on the first, on the 8th i redirected it to Galway. Obviously Parcel Motel dont have a clue where Galway is :rolleyes::mad: Is there just a van driving around in circles and not actually delivering anything or what ??

If i do finally get it, it will be my last parcel motel package. 80% of my packages either lost, misdirected or stuck in a depot that i have to drive to to collect and of course no response form the company.:eek:

Tue 6 Dec 12:41 Dublin Package weighed at depot
    Wed 7 Dec 14:43 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored in depot
    Wed 7 Dec 14:46 Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Thu 8 Dec 11:11 Parcel Motel Parcel redirected to depot
    Thu 8 Dec 17:49 Parcel Motel Dublin Package left depot
    Thu 8 Dec 20:51 Dublin Package arrived at sorting facility
    Fri 9 Dec 4:27 Dublin Package left depot
    Sat 10 Dec 9:27 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored in depot
    Sat 10 Dec 9:31 Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Sat 10 Dec 9:51 Parcel Motel Parcel redirected to depot
    Sat 10 Dec 17:50 Parcel Motel Dublin Package left depot
    Sun 11 Dec 18:36 Dublin Package weighed at depot

So Parcel Motel finally got the packag to Galway. i drove the Galway 1.5 hours and it is broken:(, even with the box covered in Fragile stickers.

Where do i start with a claim, how long does it take ? I have purchased extended liability.?

Was it well packaged ? If it wasn't your claim may not be against ParcelMotel, but you might have to claim against the sender.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Was it well packaged ? If it wasn't your claim may not be against ParcelMotel, but you might have to claim against the sender.

It was well packaged, it looked like a tyre had wheeled over it.

PreCocious wrote: »
    Whatever about the dent the other markings are part of the new box design to advertise the grand tour. Makes the box look like it was rained on and skidded across the road. I wonder how many couriers had complaints when the boxes first started to turn up.
    It was well packaged, it looked like a tyre had wheeled over it.

Not the new packaging I take it then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

12/12/2016 13:40:21 PM Stored
    12/12/2016 13:38:18 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN PM Stored
    10/12/2016 13:46:54 DUBLIN Weighed

Anyone know what PM Stored is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

2 items dispatched from the UK on wed, got emails from parcel motel on sat saying they had arrived at parcel motel HQ (not sure if that means antrim or dublin). Said it should be ready for collection in 2 days.
    I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago, the item was ready for collection in 2 days, at the filling station on the N4 in Lucan.

both items are now ready for collection in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Brian017 wrote: »
    12/12/2016 13:40:21 PM Stored
    12/12/2016 13:38:18 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN PM Stored
    10/12/2016 13:46:54 DUBLIN Weighed

Anyone know what PM Stored is?

arrived in depot I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

I had a parcel delivered to PM about a week ago by Hermes.
    I used the find my parcel feature with the tracking number used by Hermes and PM found my parcel.
    After a phone call I was told that my PMID wasnt anywhere on the address. Damn John Lewis. :(

Anyway to anyone still missing parcels try the find my parcel feature with any tracking numbers you might have and you may get lucky.

Hope this helps.

Misty

Mistmyr wrote: »
    I had a parcel delivered to PM about a week ago by Hermes.
    I used the find my parcel feature with the tracking number used by Hermes and PM found my parcel.
    After a phone call I was told that my PMID wasnt anywhere on the address. Damn John Lewis. :(

Anyway to anyone still missing parcels try the find my parcel feature with any tracking numbers you might have and you may get lucky.

Hope this helps.

Misty

Yeah, I tried that FIND MY PARCEL option, only thing I got was an email suggesting I try the FIND MY PARCEL option.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nilim

Mine arrived last Wed, they checked it in on Thursday (no photo but that might be ok). Not a peep since tho unfortunately.

(They did charge my account tho so maybe it's just stuck in a queue....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I've been using parcel motel since they started and I have recommended their service several times.
    I take it all back.
    Their service is now sh*te.
    Since they took possession of the latest items. I have actually been to England and back, and I have actually visited a store that sent one of the parcels, and they have produced a tracking document that parcel motel received the parcel last month.
    Can anyone recommend an alternative service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

2 stroke wrote: »
    I've been using parcel motel since they started and I have recommended their service several times.
    I take it all back.
    Their service is now ****e.
    Since they took possession of the latest items. I have actually been to England and back, and I have actually visited a store that sent one of the parcels, and they have produced a tracking document that parcel motel received the parcel last month.

Parcel Wizard they deliver to your selected address or collect from 1 of their collection points.

Addresspal by anpost, they have UK mainland address, you collect from post office, quite strict about sizes and weight than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Has anyone used their return service recently. I have a package going back to JD Sports since the end of November which is showing as Outbound from Dublin. I presume this means it's in a crate with a load of other returns. Raised a support request 2 weeks ago and not a word back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

nava wrote: »
    Parcel Wizard they deliver to your selected address or collect from 1 of their collection points.

Addresspal by anpost, they have UK mainland address, you collect from post office, quite strict about sizes and weight than others.

Parcel Wizard are DPD. Can you actually recommend them. One of their drivers in my area seems to think that parcels should bounce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

One of their drivers in my area seems to think that parcels should bounce.

And they do bounce pretty well, it's the contents inside that have an issue with the drop kick and bounce delivery method. :)

Do you remember the FedEx Guy delivering that delicate computer monitor some time back?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Parcels starting to trickle now a little faster. My last package only took 5 days to get to parcel motel. Now this snag seems to be hitting address pal with an post. My package was signed for with them last Wednesday in U.K. but still no sign....and they don't have it in their system yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Royal mail set to strike for 5 days.

That'll be a blessing and a curse.

It'll reduce the amount of regular post going to PM, thus only leaving FedEx and UPS ETC.

But there will be a big backlog of royal mail coming shortly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Any get any joy from opening a ticket? if so, what sort of response time did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Mp packages ordered Saturday night from Amazon have checked in.. This is good though last order was done at 730pm on a Saturday evening and I had the parcel the following Monday morning,cant be that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

There's an overview of the four companies here and a recent comparision of the four parcels here.

There is Parcel Motel (Nightline), Parcel Wizard (DPD), Parcel Connect (Fastway) and AddressPal (An Post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Is there any comeback with Parcel Motel for failure to deliver packages in a reasonable amount of time ? I ordered several packages from Amazon with the one day delivery. They were delivered on time to Parcel motel but I never heard any more about them.

If I don't get them by Saturday I wont be here to get them at all. If that happens is it possible to have them deliver it elsewhere ? And would that be an extra charge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

The OH told me she collected a parcel today that was checked-in in Antrim on the 21st of November. She got the text notification for it today lunch time (a Cork depot). The box was clearly left in the rain or something and half taped back together with PM branded tape. The items inside the box are themselves fine but the packaging damaged. Now clearly she didn't tell me about this parcel because it was gifts etc but I'm surprisingly mad about the whole thing given how much slack I've cut PM the last few weeks. Whatever about it being "overloaded" (as if Christmas was a surprise event they had no warning of), leaving parcels they've accepted to be destroyed by their own ineptitude is really unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

My parcel has been in transit since 5th December. If I change my collection point would it help? Or change to the home delivery option. Or is it too late to change now. There's no chance everything will arrive in time for Christmas now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 wxm0543

one parcel arrived at Anrtim on 5th Dec. It was delivered by Hermes and the tracking info. said "Delivered to a secure location ". I have no idea what's this means. And the parcel hasn't been checkIn. I think it might oversized. Now I am worring PM doesn't receive the parcel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement