Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

In case of Hermes "Delivered to a secure location" could mean they threw it over a fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

wxm0543 wrote: »
    one parcel arrived at Anrtim on 5th Dec. It was delivered by Hermes and the tracking info. said "Delivered to a secure location ". I have no idea what's this means. And the parcel hasn't been checkIn. I think it might oversized. Now I am worring PM doesn't receive the parcel.

I got that from them. It was delivered to Parcel Motel but my PMID was not on it, even though I did give it to them. So your parcel could be in the Parcel Motel Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bogman2010

I had a PM package arrive into Antrim depot on Monday 5th -> checked into Dublin depot on the Wednesday 7th -> arrived at my PM in Cork yesterday morn 12th .
    Just relived to have gotten it tbh , won't be going near them again because of their brutal non-existent Customer service .

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

My saga has ended (although have a couple of smaller things coming through,) the big one has finally arrived

Delivered to pm in Antrim on the 29th from Argos. No PMID put on it. And not my full name.
    Got through on phone on sat am, also had ticket replied to on Sunday (about a week after opened it) where they matched it to me. It got checked in yesterday (Monday) and delivered to my door just now. I changed to home delivery just before it was checked in as thought I'd rather pay the extra than have it not make it due to locker space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

wxm0543 wrote: »
    one parcel arrived at Anrtim on 5th Dec. It was delivered by Hermes and the tracking info. said "Delivered to a secure location "

Had the same with my last parcel delivered by Hermes. It checked in fine.

No real delays with PM for my last few parcels, all checked in and delivered to locker in 2 days or so.
    Compared to An post currently they are doing a great job.. 10 days for an post to get a parcel from Castlebar to Dublin. Would have walked it over quicker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Looks like I now have 3 parcels that were delivered to NI depot, but none of them showing up in my account. Have filled out a ticket for the first one to arrive (using the FIND MY PARCEL option), but have not heard anything back. Guess I will have to do the same for the other 2 at this stage and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Deisedarren

Waiting on a Parcel that was checked into the Dublin Depot on the 6th of December, send a mail yesterday about it and up till now never received a mail back, just received a notification Last night saying it Arrived at The Dublin Depot Again, There Customer Service is Sh!T,

i Wont be Using them Again, As i Signed up with AddressPal, Had no Problem with AddressPal Yet,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've given up on pm for Christmas. Easier to use parcel wizard.
    Much easier to lay on some extra vans than it is to make people take parcels out of their lockers quickly.

phi3 wrote: »
    My parcel has been in transit since 5th November. If I change my collection point would it help? Or change to the home delivery option. Or is it too late to change now. There's no chance everything will arrive in time for Christmas now.

That would seem very long, are you sure it has not been lost ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    That would seem very long, are you sure it has not been lost ?

No I have contacted them. They're just saying it's so busy that they can't deliver it. It's ridiculous.

• Advertisement

phi3 wrote: »
    No I have contacted them. They're just saying it's so busy that they can't deliver it. It's ridiculous.

5th November or 5th December?? :eek:

eamonnq wrote: »
    5th November or 5th December?? :eek:

5th December.... Sorry....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

How long is it generally taking between Parcel Motel getting a package and it appearing on their system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How long is it generally taking between Parcel Motel getting a package and it appearing on their system ?

How long is a piece of string?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

See people are having similar problems to me with delivery. Parcel arrived in PM depot and got the email notification detailing same a few days ago. Logged into my account and it says that the parcel is "in transit". Problem is that we are away from tomorrow morning until the 22nd, so we will not be able to collect the parcel.

From reading the information on their site, we will have to collect it from their depot within 30 days, which is not a big problem for us. However, the credit on the account is about to run out; less than a euro on it. I presume that we can just settle the bill when we go to collect it and that they won't destroy the parcel because of insufficient funds in the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I don't think you can pay when you go to collect it. (not 100% sure though).

It would be safer to top up your account in order to avoid any further needless hassle.

Why don't you pass on your Pin & phone number to a friend or relative when it arrives and ask them to collect it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I now have 3 parcels waiting with them. I just asked them if the can all go in to one locker to save space and time but I'm not expecting any satisfaction :rolleyes:

How long is a piece of string?

Did you recently get a package ? How long did it take ?

You can measure string you know. You don't have to stand staring at it in bewilderment...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

Got three parcels delivered, two of the codes worked to unlock the locker, the third one is not working. Any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Why don't you pass on your Pin & phone number to a friend or relative when it arrives and ask them to collect it?

New to the area, so there is nobody else who can collect it for us. Would be a decent trek for any relative or friend. Does anyone have a contact number for PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 nilim

My parcel turned up today in GCD. I guess a week in Finglas isn't too bad to wait. Still a bit annoying but something to remember for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Turns out that the parcel that had not been checked in for 8 days after the PM depot received it did not have the PMID on it, the label was damaged, used the find my parcel function yesterday, was checked in today and is now out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Getting the email that my parcel is in a queue, what kinda farce is this becoming.

Do I got to work late? No.

Their operation needs expanding it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I'm waiting for 4 parcels. I've been notified by email as of two days ago of three delivered to Dublin awaiting delivery to my chosen depot.
    I checked my account this morning and my credit has been deducted for both days even though these parcels aren't ready for me to pick up yet. This could cost me a fortune.

I thought they didn't deduct a fee until the parcels were delivered and available for collection?
    I have to say I'm fuming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Call me Al wrote: »

I thought they didn't deduct a fee until the parcels were delivered and available for collection?
    I have to say I'm fuming!

I am always charged when the parcel is checked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I am always charged when the parcel is checked in.
    Is that a daily charge or is that the fee for delivery to your nominated depot?
    I'm assuming and hoping it's the former!
    What's causing problems for me is that the sender broke up my order into 4 parts! so I don't know what, if anything, hasnt been checked in. The courier Hermes say they've delivered all 4 but parcel motel don't recognise any of their tracking numbers so I've no way of tallying between the two companies to know what isn't on the PM system.
    And this is from an order on 29/11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Call me Al wrote: »
    Is that a daily charge or is that the fee for delivery to your nominated depot?
    I'm assuming and hoping it's the former!
    What's causing problems for me is that the sender broke up my order into 4 parts! so I don't know what, if anything, hasnt been checked in. The courier Hermes say they've delivered all 4 but parcel motel don't recognise any of their tracking numbers so I've no way of tallying between the two companies to know what isn't on the PM system.
    And this is from an order on 29/11.

It's the charge for the parcel. There will be no other charge unless they store the parcel and you do not collect it within the 48 hours and they reprocessed it.

They really dropped the ball this year. I have no sympathy for any company unprepared for a surge in business in the run up to Christmas. Particularly after already facing these issues after Brexit when there was an increase in demand through Amazon purchases.

They had a huge opportunity this year with Brexit and a weak sterling to grow their market share in terms of delivery service from UK sellers and they are failing miserable at proving it's a service worth using.

The fact they are good when not under any pressure is meaningless. If they literally can't deliver during the big demand seasons they will lose out big time to better services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

They really dropped the ball this year. I have no sympathy for any company unprepared for a surge in business in the run up to Christmas. Particularly after already facing these issues after Brexit when there was an increase in demand through Amazon purchases.

They had a huge opportunity this year with Brexit and a weak sterling to grow their market share in terms of delivery service from UK sellers and they are failing miserable at proving it's a service worth using.

The fact they are good when not under any pressure is meaningless. If they literally can't deliver during the big demand seasons they will lose out big time to better services.

What didn't help them either, was they began rolling out a new 6 digit pin system and software in Nov.
    Anybody involved in the software industry will tell you, you don't change systems during a busy period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My parcel from friday is in Tesco Cabra now, rather than my local Topaz. I'm out after my credit expires, AP and PW from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement