Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

They really dropped the ball this year. I have no sympathy for any company unprepared for a surge in business in the run up to Christmas. Particularly after already facing these issues after Brexit when there was an increase in demand through Amazon purchases.

They had a huge opportunity this year with Brexit and a weak sterling to grow their market share in terms of delivery service from UK sellers and they are failing miserable at proving it's a service worth using.

The fact they are good when not under any pressure is meaningless. If they literally can't deliver during the big demand seasons they will lose out big time to better services.

Yes, delays seems much worse (and much earlier) this Christmas. Had a parcel delivered to Antrim last Thursday and still not delivered to my PM - biggest delay I had last year was two days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

No response from their customer service. Will be closing my account and using an alternative service after this delivery is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

PM Customer Service is shocking.

Parcel delivered to Antrim Dec 1st
    Service request raised Dec 3rd
    Checked in Dec 5th
    Busy Christmas period sms Dec 6th
    Stored Dec 7th

Reply from customer service Dec 12th :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Deisedarren

Waiting on a Parcel that was checked into the Dublin Depot on the 6th of December, send a mail yesterday about it and up till now never received a mail back, just received a notification Last night saying it Arrived at The Dublin Depot Again, There Customer Service is Sh!T,

i Wont be Using them Again, As i Signed up with AddressPal, Had no Problem with AddressPal Yet,

Update:
    received another Text @ 5pm, saying its in a queue so prob another two days
    when i receive it, when i get it i will be closing up my account,

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Finally got my package to the Dublin Nightline Depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,905 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just opened a Parcel Motel locker in Bray to find nothing inside :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

I have some packages arriving in Antrim this week and one already signed for on Sunday but no news from Parcel Motel yet. What are the chances that I will get them before the 23rd as I'll be away from then?

I don't understand how they are so badly organised in the depots. Seems like it is complete chaos inside there. I'll definitely be looking around at the alternatives for any future deliveries in the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Iopened a query with their customer service this morning (well four of them as I don't know which parcel is missing) and they just replied on the first ticket. I was thinking it'd be days before I heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

My LED lights arrived at last ... 8 days after they received them and wet. The cardboard box was damp.

Are people waiting long for their packages to be redirected to other depots?

I'm hoping that things will speed up a bit after the clusterf@ck in Antrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Are people waiting long for their packages to be redirected to other depots?

I'm hoping that things will speed up a bit after the clusterf@ck in Antrim.

The parcel I'm waiting on didn't even go to Antrim, straight to Dublin, checked in on 3rd. I had another one go to Antrim, which was checked in on 4th and in my locker on 5th.

The parcel I'm waiting on didn't even go to Antrim, straight to Dublin, checked in on 3rd. I had another one go to Antrim, which was checked in on 4th and in my locker on 5th.

Is the one that went straight to dublin also for a locker or are you picking it up at a depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

I think some people on this thread have just been unlucky. Last week I made an order from the UK, delivered in Antrim on Tuesday, in my locker on Friday. Made another order from Amazon. Delivered to Antrim on Sunday and is checked in in Dublin this evening. For prime shopping season, that's pretty good. I've changed my locker to a quieter one which is fairly new but a little further away (10 mins further) and it has made a huge difference! Should hopefully have my package in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

glack wrote: »
    I think some people on this thread have just been unlucky. Last week I made an order from the UK, delivered in Antrim on Tuesday, in my locker on Friday. Made another order from Amazon. Delivered to Antrim on Sunday and is checked in in Dublin this evening. For prime shopping season, that's pretty good. I've changed my locker to a quieter one which is fairly new but a little further away (10 mins further) and it has made a huge difference! Should hopefully have my package in the next couple of days.

It's not unlucky lad. They were hit bad. Seem to be getting on top of it now though

Is the one that went straight to dublin also for a locker or are you picking it up at a depot?

Locker too. But the one from Antrim went to the locker, as did nespresso capsules, both after the first one was checked into Dublin. And it's not a big item, would have fit in either of the lockers the other two ended up in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Got an email with picture on Friday saying the parcel is in depot, heard nothing since. Parcel is stuff I ordered for a friend, what is the best way to contact parcel motel, I've raised a ticket but no reply. Very poor service.

Got an email with picture on Friday saying the parcel is in depot, heard nothing since. Parcel is stuff I ordered for a friend, what is the best way to contact parcel motel, I've raised a ticket but no reply. Very poor service.

I raised a ticket last Wednesday, got a generic reply on Sunday "I've asked our warehouse for an update" and have heard nothing since. If you look on social media, there are hundreds of people in the same boat. The lack of communications is what's frustrating most people.

Locker too. But the one from Antrim went to the locker, as did nespresso capsules, both after the first one was checked into Dublin. And it's not a big item, would have fit in either of the lockers the other two ended up in.

My package is oversize and is supposed to be heading to the depot in Galway. I'll be picking it up myself.

Looks like the lockers are a major bottleneck. Don't understand why more people don't pick up from depots themselves and avoid waiting helplessly for lockers to free up. Depots are still open when work finishes for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just for balance, last week I was waiting 10 days for a package, it was signed for on a Friday and I didnt receive a word form Parcel Motel for 10 days when it was logged in Antrim. .

This week a package was logged in Antrim 4 hours after it was signed for, so it looks like they are pretty much back on trace.

The email said 2 days delay in getting the package into locker, but that I can live with, once I know its in Antrim, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

My package is oversize and is supposed to be heading to the depot in Galway. I'll be picking it up myself.

Looks like the lockers are a major bottleneck. Don't understand why more people don't pick up from depots themselves and avoid waiting helplessly for lockers to free up. Depots are still open when work finishes for most.

This is what I'm wondering about, if it's in the Limerick depot I've no problem going in to collect, I just don't know if it's in Dublin or elsewhere. How do I find this out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Does anyone know how long it's currently taking for parcels to be returned to a locker the 2nd time? I was one of those with a parcel in the Antrim black hole; by the time I mustered the energy to ring them when they had no record of the UPS tracking number and hadn't responded to my ticket (at that stage 9 full days after it had been signed for in Antrim), it meant that it finally was delivered just as I was boarding a flight for a few days away. So now they've had it back in the depot since 10th, and there doesn't seem to be any information as to where in the process it is.
    Feeling as if I will be sending via An Post this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Won't be using these next Christmas for sure. I like their service during the year but at Christmas it's a terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Parcel Motel will be much quieter in January but probably much quieter as the Christmas bandwagon customer will cease to exist but so will a lot of normally loyal customers the other 12 months of the year. I know a good few people who have vowed not to use the service again and use Parcel Wizard from now on.

You have to e-mail them to terminate your account which generates a support ticket. I think I'll wait myself otherwise the thing will get closed "accidently" like my last support tickets. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wxm0543

10 days no news since the parcel arrived in NI depot. I give up, I think the parcel might get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

what's the story with this draw competition which they advertised?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/win-a-hatchimal-in-time-for-christmas/

considering they have the tendency to place them in motels at 1-3 am!

I have the notification enabled but I generally turn off my phone at night, do they expect people to check their phones at 3 am and run out the door??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

j4vier wrote: »
    considering they have the tendency to place them in motels at 1-3 am!

I have the notification enabled but I generally turn off my phone at night, do they expect people to check their phones at 3 am and run out the door??

Did you read the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I don't particularly mind waiting an extra few days for my parcels as I know it's a busy time but it's the complete lack of communication that's the problem. I've opened 5 tickets over the past week and I haven't got a single response from any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I got an email saying that as it is so busy, a nightline van will be parked beside the Parcel motel and I can collect my parcel there. So basically there was a queue of people being handed parcels from the back of a van. Must have looked strange to anyone that didn't know what was going on. So now I have the parcel that was checked in the 5th December. Waiting on 2 urgent ones checked in the 12th and 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Did you read the link?

yes I did and sounds ridiculous

if you have them disabled on your settings, you can collect until 10

if you have them enabled but don't get up til 7 and your phone is on silent or far away or whatever, it starts the count from when you received the text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

so whats the average time from delivery of parcel to showing up on your account at the moment? several days? i understand that theres a backlog delivering to the motels but surely they scan in the parcels when they get delivered to anstrim?

A parcel Amazon delivered sunday night still isnt showing up on my account...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement