Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

meolwan wrote: »
    I got my 1st delivery this week. All I have to say like other here it is a great service :) just hope you expand it to other areas in dublin like balbriggan or skerries soon.
    PS
    How are people getting the mugs etc ......

What mugs? Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What mugs? Did I miss something?

Yeah, some people got free mugs with their first stay (I didn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

me neither, would love a new mug....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

me neither, would love a new mug....:cool:
    I didn't get one either...orla, we are feeling left out here;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I didn't get one either...orla, we are feeling left out here;-)

Yus, free swag :D

Had my first stay - item checked in Antrim on Friday at 10:15, got the text at 10pm that night the parcel was in the motel - win! Already booked in again for some time this week with an ebay delivery, great service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

a_v525 wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know, the Parcel Motel depot in Finglas is NOT open 24 hours on Monday as I was told via text message ("Open 24hrs Mon-Fri, 8am-1pm Sat, Closed Sun").

I would have assumed 24hours is 00:01-23:59 and silly me, wasted a journey heading up there from Kildare just now. With the toll it would have been cheaper for me to redeliver the item to begin with rather than now having to make a second trip. Only consolation is it was one of my free drops but still...

Hi there, I think you are the same person who emailed me? I have replied and hopefully resolved the matter. Text message amended to reflect times when our main gate is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Quick question - are folks alerted of a parcels initial arrival at the NI depot?

If so, is this by txt, email or a combination of both?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Quick question - are folks alerted of a parcels initial arrival at the NI depot?

No.
    But you will notice your balance goes down when it arrives there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Put my first order in yesterday. Hopefully i done it correctly and it gets here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

wrong thread... srry

• Advertisement

Yamanoto wrote: »

We only notify you when your parcel has arrived at your chosen Parcel Motel, but as Mathie has correctly pointed out, we charge at the check in stage so you will notice your balance has been reduced by €3.50 when a parcel has been checked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Just ordered my second item with free postage to the UK. Very happy with the service the last time.

I have even added 'Parcel Motel' to my homescreen on the iPhone to keep an eye on my account.

Im hoping there will be a mug in my locker when my item arrives during the week ;)

photonhu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked already.

It's to do with Ebay / Paypal settings.

Do i have to change both my ebay and paypal address to the parcel motel address ?

I know on ebay once you change it to the UK address you can buy at the UK shipping prices.. But I do know a lot of places ship to the Paypal address to cover themselves.

Also if you are ordering something from ebay thats in Ireland is there a quick way to change your address back to your normal address before ordering or do you have to do it via the "My Ebay" page before placing the order.

Thanks.

• I buy stuff on eBay with PayPal for my sister who lives at another address all the time with no problem. Just go to eBay and add a new address. It's the "Primary postage address" you need to add/change. Her address shows on the PayPal receipt so there's no problem there. Can't see why it wouldn't work the same with Parcel Motel.

With regard to your second question I always change it back via "My eBay". Sometimes even after doing a Buy It Now you can select a different address when you're at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

mugs....never saw a mug

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

I Ordered from an Amazon supplier on September 9th:

- Dispatched to BT36 4PX on the 10th.
    - PM Account debited on the 12th.
    - No delivery text message or email notification so far.

Is this highly unusual?

The supplier gives itself a very generous estimated delivery date (edd) of 26th, but usually delivers promptly within "mainland" UK in a couple of days.

The debiting of my account on the 12th would indicate arrival at Newtownabbey. Does Parcel Motel have any indication of an edd and retains it until then ... or am I clutching at straws?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

I always receive the text but never the email with the code. How can I activate the confirmation email?

• Did you opt in for email alerts?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Did you opt in for email alerts?

No as far as I know, how can I do that please? :)

• My bad I thought it was an option. You'll have to ask Orla.

• Advertisement

living wrote: »
    I always receive the text but never the email with the code. How can I activate the confirmation email?

If you PM me your PMID I will switch on the email alert for you.

styron wrote: »
    I Ordered from an Amazon supplier on September 9th:

- Dispatched to BT36 4PX on the 10th.
    - PM Account debited on the 12th.
    - No delivery text message or email notification so far.

Is this highly unusual?

The supplier gives itself a very generous estimated delivery date (edd) of 26th, but usually delivers promptly within "mainland" UK in a couple of days.

The debiting of my account on the 12th would indicate arrival at Newtownabbey. Does Parcel Motel have any indication of an edd and retains it until then ... or am I clutching at straws?

Please PM me your PMID and I will check this out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

Any idea when the Navan or Cavan or even Drogheda is opening?

Any idea when the Navan or Cavan or even Drogheda is opening?

Drogheda and Navan in 2 weeks, Cavan in 2 months. Live location updates on our Facebook and Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I got a mug :p

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

any word on any locations opening up in the north west

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Please PM me your PMID and I will check this out for you.

This has degenerated into a total farce. According to your records it was deposited at Milltown on sept 12th and I should have been notified by both text and email at the time.

- I received no communication of this.

- My account was not debited a cent of the cumulative €17.50 it should have incurred for a ten day "overstay" before collection - and none of the additional emails/texts that would have been sent.

- You told me the parcel was still there and reactivated it for collection giving me a pin number. I tried that number at 7:15 AM this morning to no effect, it and/or my phone number was not recognised by the system.

This item has been in your possession for 13 days. Either give it to me or reimburse me for losing it - as soon as possible please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Collected my third delivery in last week with another 2 due by end of week, saving equivalent of £70 and less days with delivery.

This is great service

One question, how many deliveries before you get a mug? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Drogheda and Navan in 2 weeks, Cavan in 2 months. Live location updates on our Facebook and Twitter.
    Popped a message onto Facebook asking about Sligo.. when is that "motel" due?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

styron wrote: »
    Complaint
    I know you are not happy, but could you not have dealt with this by PM?

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement