Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

j4vier wrote: »
    yes I did and sounds ridiculous

if you have them disabled on your settings, you can collect until 10

if you have them enabled but don't get up til 7 and your phone is on silent or far away or whatever, it starts the count from when you received the text

I think its grand. If you're not normally up during those hours turn off notifications and pick it up first thing in the morning. I often pick up around 2-5am and I now plenty of people that do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

j4vier wrote: »
    what's the story with this draw competition which they advertised?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/win-a-hatchimal-in-time-for-christmas/

considering they have the tendency to place them in motels at 1-3 am!

I have the notification enabled but I generally turn off my phone at night, do they expect people to check their phones at 3 am and run out the door??

Madness, one TV.As someone suggested, drop the price if you collect it within 2/3 hours to 2.95 that will soon get people collecting them quicker. I am a regular user, but I am going to try DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

TallGlass wrote: »
    Madness, one TV.As someone suggested, drop the price if you collect it within 2/3 hours to 2.95 that will soon get people collecting them quicker. I am a regular user, but I am going to try DPD.

Starting to get nervous now. Have a Santa present ordered. Amazon had issues as well - ordered it when it was in stock then it went out of stock and then came into stock. Was dispatched Monday last week. Delivered to parcel motel on Thursday morning according to Amazon.

Got an email from parcel motel on Saturday with a photo of the package saying it had arrived in their distribution centre.

No communication since at all. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I think its grand. If you're not normally up during those hours turn off notifications and pick it up first thing in the morning. I often pick up around 2-5am and I now plenty of people that do.

These days doesn't make any sense as you really don't know when your parcel is going to show up. If could take 1,2,3,4 days from being registered on the system.

At least before, if the parcel was registered on one day, you would know that by night you should expect a text that the parcel is in the locker.

I would have turned the notification system off if I knew that these were the rules for a competition that opened on the 12th. My parcel was logged on the system on the 9th and only received a text this morning at 3 am

Why don't you try the support link on the nightline site to see if you can collect your package directly?

nightline.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Mr.S wrote: »
    For the sake of sanity, everyone who has normal sized packages just use the option to get it delivered to any address, for the extra 4euro your saving yourself so much hassle and zero delays.

What??? pay them more money for not doing their job right in the first place??!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Looks like all 3 of my parcels from China, are now booked in. One of them arrived into the NI depot on the 08/12 but only got the notification yesterday that it had arrived.

Now have 4 parcels waiting to hit my locker, wonder if I collect them all within the time-frame of the competition would I get 4 entries. Not sure I want a hatchimal though, so will have to take the TV !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

So the good news is I've received notification Royal Mail tried to deliver my parcel to the NI PM depot.
    Bad news is there is a customs charge due to royal mail so PM wouldnt accept it. No big deal.
    Except according to the royal mail site, I need a UK issued credit or debit card to pay Royal Mail the customs excise due (~£12).
    I'm sure i'm not the first to experience this.
    Anyone have an easy solution/workaround to the UK issued card bit?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

8ofSpades wrote: »
    So the good news is I've received notification Royal Mail tried to deliver my parcel to the NI PM depot.
    Bad news is there is a customs charge due to royal mail so PM wouldnt accept it. No big deal.
    Except according to the royal mail site, I need a UK issued credit or debit card to pay Royal Mail the customs excise due (~£12).
    Thanks

Revolt card (a prepaid credit card) gives you a UK address I think.

LINK:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Mr.S wrote: »
    For the sake of sanity, everyone who has normal sized packages just use the option to get it delivered to any address, for the extra 4euro your saving yourself so much hassle and zero delays.

This only works for future purchases though, yes?

It can't be used for something that's just sitting in their distribution centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

8ofSpades wrote: »
    Thanks

I followed the instructions, and paid with my Irish ptsb visa card.

Package then went back to PM, and eventually found it's way to me.

Is it just certain Parcel Motels are backed up? Mates in Cork just told me they're getting packages with no delay.

I'm down at my folks place in Kerry at the weekend. If I change my delivery preferences to there will it only apply for the *next* delivery or will it apply for the current one?

It's been sitting in their system at the Depot since Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

quad_red wrote: »
    Is it just certain Parcel Motels are backed up? Mates in Cork just told me they're getting packages with no delay.

I'm down at my folks place in Kerry at the weekend. If I change my delivery preferences to there will it only apply for the *next* delivery or will it apply for the current one?

It's been sitting in their system at the Depot since Saturday.

i'm in Cork. Having major delays here too

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Be careful ordering from Amazon. You will pay much more than expected due to Amazon fault that they will not admit.

I ordered a bunch of items today that were split into 2 deliveries and a confirmation email was sent to me that they are being prepared. Great!
    I then got more emails of deliveries being split further meaning I will now have to pay for each extra one of them.
    All in all sub €10 shipment now will be €20-30 depending on how many more splits they will do.

Note - Amazon will not help you with the issue. They will wash off their hands of all this and leave you to pay whatever extras you will keep incurring as they will keep splitting the shipments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Be careful ordering from Amazon. You will pay much more than expected due to Amazon fault that they will not admit.

I ordered a bunch of items today that were split into 2 deliveries and a confirmation email was sent to me that they are being prepared. Great!
    I then got more emails of deliveries being split further meaning I will now have to pay for each extra one of them.
    All in all sub €10 shipment now will be €20-30 depending on how many more splits they will do.

Note - Amazon will not help you with the issue. They will wash off their hands of all this and leave you to pay whatever extras you will keep incurring as they will keep splitting the shipments.

Amazon ship from different warehouses hence the split deliveries.

Amazon ship from different warehouses hence the split deliveries.

That's fair enough, I thought it would be good to know for others as it is not as transparent as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

There are also 3rd party sellers to factor in that sometimes ship themselves.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got them to to refund me E20 after I was told the items would not be split by a customer service agent, the items ended up coming in 5 different packages.

Xenji wrote: »
    Got them to to refund me E20 after I was told the items would not be split by a customer service agent, the items ended up coming in 5 different packages.

I think you just got lucky. I spoke to one person via chat and she refused right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I think you just got lucky. I spoke to one person via chat and she refused right away.

Amazon are actually a very easy company to get stuff out of, you just need to be stern with them in the chat and reinforce your grievances, have got refunds, extra months of Prime and vouchers off of them.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Amazon are actually a very easy company to get stuff out of, you just need to be stern with them in the chat and reinforce your grievances, have got refunds, extra months of Prime and vouchers off of them.

Thanks. I will try to get back to them once I get the parcels and will be charged for whatever flies my way ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Absolute nightmare trying to contact them, I don't believe that phone line is even manned - why have it?

Have 2 tickets open.

Tweeted them

Facebooked them.

Ordered arrived Friday - never even got the "Checked into depot" email which is actually the part thats worrying me.

Has any one had any success in contacting them at all?

Im going up to Belfast on Saturday and im going to drive into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Etnies wrote: »
    Absolute nightmare trying to contact them, I don't believe that phone line is even manned - why have it?

Have 2 tickets open.

Tweeted them

Facebooked them.

Ordered arrived Friday - never even got the "Checked into depot" email which is actually the part thats worrying me.

Has any one had any success in contacting them at all?

Im going up to Belfast on Saturday and im going to drive into them.

Have a package in the north since Friday without even being checked in. Different package delivered Tuesday checked into dublin a few hours later and message today saying it's in the queue.

Given all the stories I'm not hopeful of getting the first one any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

So I have a number of packages that are in a queue for a storage bin. I got a text this morning saying there would be a van in the Douglas collection location From 6pm to 9pm to collect, I assume to alleviate the huge amount of packages coming into the country.
    Parcel motel announced a competition to win a tv or a toy if you collect your item within 4 hours of receiving a text message. My gf text me about the competition.

I asked on Twitter if the people collecting from the van can be entered in the same competition. Parcel motel then blocked me from following or viewing their tweets.

Seriously!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Also having problems here. One parcel was delivered to the Newtownabbey depot on November 24th and I have heard nothing. I have tried to contact them via their online ticket system and only got automated replies. Despite many attempts and much time wasted I have not been able to talk to a real human being.
    I have two more packages that arrived there over the last few days but I have heard nothing from them.
    Disastrous situation and the (non-existent) customer service is amongst the worst I have encountered.
    p.s. I was a very regular customer (once or twice per week) all year round for the last 3 years. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the Parcel Motel megathread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

Anyone in Limerick experiencing delays? Got an email not too long ago that they have my parcel in the Dublin depot and it should be delivered in the next 2 days.
    For some strange reason my parcel location preference was changed from catletroy maxol to ballysimon maxol. I changed it back but I'm thinking maybe it was done because there's no room for it in the lockers in castletroy?
    Had I known there would be delays like this I would have used parcel wizard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Aokay wrote: »
    Anyone in Limerick experiencing delays? Got an email not too long ago that they have my parcel in the Dublin depot and it should be delivered in the next 2 days.
    For some strange reason my parcel location preference was changed from catletroy maxol to ballysimon maxol. I changed it back but I'm thinking maybe it was done because there's no room for it in the lockers in castletroy?
    Had I known there would be delays like this I would have used parcel wizard.

I am also in Limerick and, have been using them since the beginning but, on 29 Oct a parcel was delivered to my box, I was unable to collect within 48hrs and it was returned for later delivery. That was the last that was heard of that parcel. Eventually on 8th Dec they compensated me for the loss.

I have since been using An Post " Addresspal". Two packages ordered from UK delivered to my designated post office within 8days. I then had 5 working days to collect each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Decided to go into the depot in limerick today, hadn't heard anything since Friday when they emailed to say it was in Dublin with a picture. Gave my details and low and behold it was there. The guy basically said the Dublin office should have been sending out notifications but hadn't. If any of ye are near a depot and haven't heard anything in a few days might be worth a shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement