Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pete123456 wrote: »
    so whats the average time from delivery of parcel to showing up on your account at the moment? several days? i understand that theres a backlog delivering to the motels but surely they scan in the parcels when they get delivered to anstrim?

A parcel Amazon delivered sunday night still isnt showing up on my account...

It appears its either normal or very slow. No slightly delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Had a parcel delivered to Antrim Monday morning but haven't received anything yet and not showing up in my account. Also have something else in transit that was supposed to be delivered today but got an email from Amazon to say it's delayed, never had this problem with Amazon before, even payed extra for 1 day delivery which is really annoying. With the fiasco at parcel motel I really don't fancy my chances of getting them before Xmas, very stressful. Live right by the finglas Depot, might be worth dropping in but there's never anyone around, until they come out with your parcel.

Off topic but what's the chances of getting the 1 day delivery charge refunded off Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Had a parcel delivered to Antrim Monday morning but haven't received anything yet and not showing up in my account. Also have something else in transit that was supposed to be delivered today but got an email from Amazon to say it's delayed, never had this problem with Amazon before, even payed extra for 1 day delivery which is really annoying. With the fiasco at parcel motel I really don't fancy my chances of getting them before Xmas, very stressful. Live right by the finglas Depot, might be worth dropping in but there's never anyone around, until they come out with your parcel.

Off topic but what's the chances of getting the 1 day delivery charge refunded off Amazon?

I had an item delivered Sunday, wasn't checked in until last night but was delivered to my locker today by 4 o'clock. Was near another Parcel Motel that had a van parked outside distributing parcels and putting parcels into lockers as soon as any item was collected. This is a great idea for this time of year - should have been put in place 2 weeks ago maybe. Hopefully they have learned for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seagullmusic

I am very annoyed with Parcel Motel. I ordered a Heart Monitor which was tracked by Royal Mail, who emailed me a photo of the parcel having been signed for at PM Newtownabbey on Monday. On Tuesday "my" parcel was delivered to Carrick on Shannon. It was clearly addressed to someone else and contained not a Heart Monitor, but Lego. I am awaiting Heart Surgery and urgently in need of the Heart Monitor. I can get no reply by phone from Parcel Motel. I have sent them 4 requests to which I have been sent automated ticket numbers. I have also submitted a "Where's my parcel" request. So far I have had no reply to anything. Nothing! I cannot understand why they have not recruited extra staff in anticipation of the predictable extra parcels coming up to Christmas. I have used PM in the past with no problems, but after this debacle, so definitely be defecting to a different provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Revolt card (a prepaid credit card) gives you a UK address I think.

LINK:

How do you set up the UK address?

Have been using Revolut for a while, fantastic app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How do you set up the UK address?

Have been using Revolut for a while, fantastic app.

You don't. You can use your Revolut card at home or abroad, it will act like a local card everywhere.

See HERE:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Got text last night at midnight to say it's arrived. So that's a six day wait but just relieved to have it.

The text mentioned if i collected within four hours of the text I got entered into a draw - not really fair when the text comes at midnight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

8ofSpades wrote: »
    So the good news is I've received notification Royal Mail tried to deliver my parcel to the NI PM depot.
    Bad news is there is a customs charge due to royal mail so PM wouldnt accept it. No big deal.
    Except according to the royal mail site, I need a UK issued credit or debit card to pay Royal Mail the customs excise due (~£12).
    I'm sure i'm not the first to experience this.
    Anyone have an easy solution/workaround to the UK issued card bit?
    Thanks

They accepted my Irish Credit Card it seems so looks like the requirement for a UK issued card is not actually a requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    Looks like all 3 of my parcels from China, are now booked in. One of them arrived into the NI depot on the 08/12 but only got the notification yesterday that it had arrived.

Now have 4 parcels waiting to hit my locker, wonder if I collect them all within the time-frame of the competition would I get 4 entries. Not sure I want a hatchimal though, so will have to take the TV !!!

Got a 2 text at approx 2 pm yesterday to say 2 parcels were stored in the locker for collection, collected them on the way home from work, then got another 2 texts at approx 7.30pm to say the other 2 were now in the locker, popped around and got them too. So all good, just have to wait for notification of when I win the TV !!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

All my parcels arrived eventually.

Even the outsized.. 49" TV arrived this week and got routed to my local depot as requested.

Not a single ticket replied to or dealt with. But then again what were they going to be able to say other than "We're working on it.."

Generally I'm still happy with parcel motel, its normally a good fast cheap service that allows me order things I wouldn't otherwise have access to.

Yes it got a bit overwhelmed with the black friday rush but.. well...nobody died.. first world problems etc..

Really we have to thank parcel motel for inventing an industry.. they put the skids under An Post and others to offer similar services.. and its great we have them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Im on day 6 too, hopefully today is the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Had another parcel delivered this morning to the north, so the waiting game continues. My first parcel that was delivered there Monday still isn't showing up in their system even. Reckon this will go to the wire

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭newdigi

my parcels all eventually arrived, including one in which I was given a 4 hour window to collect from a truck.
    my main problem with all of this was the lack of customer care. Really for me it was non-existant. In the new year I'll be giving one of the competitors a try. Who knows, I might be back to PM eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

Got a notification that my package was in Dublin on Sat 10th & that it would take 2 working days to arrive in Naas. I checked my bank account last night Wed 14th and Parcel Motel debited their charge from my credit card on Tuesday 12th but I hadnt received my package.

I logged an online query with parcel motel last night. About 5 minutes later I got a notification text that my delivery was in the Naas motel. I dont mind the delay this time of year but my credit card shouldnt have been debited until I opened my locker.

I dont mind the delay this time of year but my credit card shouldnt have been debited until I opened my locker.

Mine is always charged once I receive the notification it's stored.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Got a notification that my package was in Dublin on Sat 10th & that it would take 2 working days to arrive in Naas. I checked my bank account last night Wed 14th and Parcel Motel debited their charge from my credit card on Tuesday 12th but I hadnt received my package.

I logged an online query with parcel motel last night. About 5 minutes later I got a notification text that my delivery was in the Naas motel. I dont mind the delay this time of year but my credit card shouldnt have been debited until I opened my locker.

That's not really practical, tbf. By that time they've incurred the cost of shipping to the depot in Dublin and shipping it out to the collection point. Finding out at that point you've entered invalid payment details wouldn't be a sensible business model.

You'd expect them to bill you as soon as it arrives at their depot up north.

What you'd also expect (and to be fair, is usually the case) that they would then communicate with you on actually how long it will take to get your package.

I dont mind the delay this time of year but my credit card shouldnt have been debited until I opened my locker.

That would never work. It would mean that those who let their 48Hr expire without collection would not be charged for that stay.

Mine is always charged once I receive the notification it's stored.

Is that the notification its in your locker? If yes then thats the same with me because I generally collect the same night/next morning from receiving my notification to collect. .

Is that the notification its in your locker? If yes then thats the same with me because I generally collect the same night/next morning from receiving my notification to collect. .

Yes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Update says my parcel arrived in NI at around 11am yesterday.

Sounds like I should just be patient now given the season...

• Advertisement

That would never work. It would mean that those who let their 48Hr expire without collection would not be charged for that stay.

They should charge from the time I get my package if thats within the 48 hour window. I had a very quick look at their terms and conditions and cant see when exactly they apply the charge.

They can apply the penalties and additional charges after 48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I'm sorry but that comes across as one of the most trivial complaints ever. DPD PW do the same charge once they receive the item. An Post charge before they deliver letters. I think I always get charged when the item is checked in could be when its stored as its always quick enough. I'd fully expect to be charged before I pick up the item from a locker.

They should charge from the time I get my package if thats within the 48 hour window. I had a very quick look at their terms and conditions and cant see when exactly they apply the charge.

They can apply the penalties and additional charges after 48 hours.

I think you are nit picking to the extreme with that logic to be honest.

It could be construed that you pay them to receive an item on your behalf and make it available for you to collect, their obligation ends right there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shandyman1

Hi guys i ordered 300e worth of different gifts through Amazon uk, using parcel motel for delivery purposes. ive been notified from Amazon that my purchases were delivered between 6-8 of December. its now the 15th. should i be worried?
    ive logged 3 online requests to parcel motels website and no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i recently logged query with PM, and did not receive a reply for 7 days.

when they replied the found my parcel, the seller had omitted the PMID from the name.

how long have you been waiting for PM to come back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shandyman1

thanks for the feedback. i logged my first enquiry 8 days ago, and have followed it up with 3 more enquires since.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 quantummess1

Timed my delivery for a weekday, and it arrived to the Dublin depot on schedule then PM notified me of a processing delay, and then delivered my parcel at the weekend (work location parcel motel 54km away). My motel location on the Apple secure campus gives some clue that most of us will collect in business hours, so a bit of common sense and allow up till 09:00am on Monday would have been good since the situation was caused by a PM processing delay, but no it was gone at 07:30hrs Monday. It remains undelivered, tried raising a general ticket but nothing back off them, tried to track it and that just generated another ticket - with the general response - un-collected will re-deliver in 48 hrs!! Still waiting and it looks like I'm heading for a weekend delivery again! Poor service and poor customer query response.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 quantummess1

Originally Posted by granturismo View Post

To be fair, they have to check they can get the funds off your credit card before they make the delivery to your PM. I'm not their biggest fan at the moment, but they do have to ensure they can get paid. My registered credit card had expired, so they messaged me back in November when my first xmas delivery hit the Dublin processing depot, as soon as I updated my details it was released and delivered, had they not processed payment until I opened the locker the expired card would have only been noted after I had my package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Today got parcel that was delivered to them on 3rd Dec.

Last week, got parcel that only dispatched UK on 6th Dec.

To me it seems that Black Friday purchases were way way bigger than they expected and its taken a coupe of weeks to sort it out.

I have another parcel leaving UK today - so it will be interesting to see when it arrives. (its not needed til January)

I think they could have handled it better from an information point of view and juts come straight out and say they have delays of up to 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mine's in the Dublin depot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement