Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Picked up my package from the Galway depot a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Lots of coverage in the media about problems with PM, caused it seems by the (literally) overwhelming increase in goods being bought from the UK via PM thanks to the change in the exchange rate caused by Brexit.

Conor Pope wrote about it in the Irish Times, Dec 2nd.......

Parcel Motel struggles to deal with surge due to weak pound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Not sure why people are putting delays and poor/non-existent customer service down to Black Friday and Christmas. The service has tons of complaints in October and early November. And prior.

There's a thin line sometimes between loyalty and stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Yeah fair enough, if someone can't get a delivery to their house, their workplace, a family members / friends workplace, a DPD pickup point or the post office I suppose they'd have to use PM and put up with their sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Al parcels received thank God. One took 3 days, one took 2 days. Backlog seems to be cleaeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seagullmusic

My missing parcel has now been delivered. After posting my complaint on Social Media I received 3 helpful messages from PM. I think the problem was that they recruited 20% extra staff for Christmas, but because of the £/€ rate at the moment, the amount of parcels increased by 80% and they just imploded. Most people would understand the being delays at Christmas, but what really frustrated the customers was being unable to get phone calls and messages answered. Hopefully they will employ more personnel in the communications dept if this were to arise again. I have to say that I have used them many times in the past year, and have never had any problem. Having received my parcel now, I feel a bit better disposed to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sitja

If I order multiple items from Amazon that does NOT exceed the locker size. Is it the single charge that applies?

Who else would you put in the 'bad lot'?

Fair enough An Post's service doesn't suit everyone. But DPD Parcel Wizard is a fantastic service. They're clearly investing heavily in it and it shows. The best service by a long, long way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

So if I buy 4 items I have to pay for each item individually - 3.50 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Hmmm. Anyone order multiple items from Amazon and receive them as one package?

@Fred thank you for your input.

Fair enough you might be forced to use PM.

I'll be happy getting my DPD ParcelWizard package delivered to my chosen address today, with a text this morning telling me what time it will come. I'll have no fears of it being oversized and know that PW have a live chat, a phone number and good customer service if something goes wrong.
    I have a new (award winning) app that they just released to keep a track on things.

On the other hand you'll get your PM package next week sometime (though some are waiting longer) and have 24hr access to go collect it (unless it's oversized). They have removed their live chat, removed their phone number from the site and you know if anything goes wrong you'll have a hard time. If the box is oversized you'll pay extra to get it delivered to your house or to a depot.

And I think you're paying more? Best of luck with that.

As I say you might be forced to use them. But it's a poor service you're forced to use.

sitja wrote: »
    Hmmm. Anyone order multiple items from Amazon and receive them as one package?

@Fred thank you for your input.

You won't. You'll have to pay separately. And Amazon sometimes use large boxes so you'll run the risk of an oversized charge and getting it delivered or going finding their depot.

Plus Amazon use couriers who deliver during the day and PM have stopped processing orders received after 9am. So don't expect it in a hurry. If you want it for Christmas do not use PM.

It might be the best solution for you but it's a poor service. And unfortunately you might be forced to use it.

DPD don't have lockers but they have just introduced DPD PickUp Points, some of which are open until 10pm. I won't use them but it's nice to know I can divert a package to one via my app if I need to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Hopefully things improving. My item was delivered to Newtownabbey at lunchtime Monday, checked into PM Dublin on Tuesday 1.30pm and in a locker Wednesday at 10pm

I haven't looked at it much but you'll be able to top up, keep track of your deliveries, get notifications to your phone, divert packages, use your calendar to choose what days suit you and when your package is due you can have a look at a map of your area showing you exactly where the driver is. Very handy if you're waiting on a package and need to grab a shower or whatever.

There are links to it on the DPD PW homepage.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

You would saved yourselves a lot of hassle by just picking your stuff at the depots.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Sorry if this has been asked before but nothing came up on search.

I got message & PIN no to collect a parcel last night but the locker was empty when I opened it. I've opened a query with them since last night but no communication from them at all today. I realise they are very busy so mot panicking yet. Did this ever happen to anyone? And was it resolved satisfactorily?

I1lVOUs.jpg
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

JakeBell wrote: »
    Not sure why people are putting delays and poor/non-existent customer service down to Black Friday and Christmas. The service has tons of complaints in October and early November. And prior.

There's a thin line sometimes between loyalty and stupidity.

I've had slight delays with PM which would be expected for the time being. They are still the best suited product and most reliable product for me. But maybe I'm just stupid.
    Yeah fair enough, if someone can't get a delivery to their house, their workplace, a family members / friends workplace, a DPD pickup point or the post office I suppose they'd have to use PM and put up with their sh1te.

For me PM has consistently been faster than Parcel Wizard.

I've had slight delays with PM which would be expected for the time being. They are still the best suited product and most reliable product for me. But maybe I'm just stupid.

For me PM has consistently been faster than Parcel Wizard.

Individuals might have different experiences due to a smaller sample size but read the threads on here for the last few months and tell me PM are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Individuals might have different experiences due to a smaller sample size but read the threads on here for the last few months and tell me PM are better.

I can't tell you that as I don't have enough information. I don't know how many people use PM compared to PW. There is no way of drawing any useful conclusions without knowing. To my knowledge PM is far bigger, therefore yes, of course you'd expect more complaints.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement