Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

I can't tell you that as I don't have enough information. I don't know how many people use PM compared to PW. There is no way of drawing any useful conclusions without knowing. To my knowledge PM is far bigger, therefore yes, of course you'd expect more complaints.
    You clearly haven't read the last couple of months of the threads.

Some people are blindly loyal and others are forced to use them.

They might be much slower to deliver, they might have removed their live chat, removed their phone numbers, stopped processing parcels they receive after 9am and have appalling customer service but brand loyalty is a thing and I understand some will continue to believe they are good because they used to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    It could be. The app itself has a new layout and new features but maybe it's a refresh of the old DPD app (which wasn't much good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

JakeBell wrote: »
    You clearly haven't read the last couple of months of the threads.

Some people are blindly loyal and others are forced to use them.

They might be much slower to deliver, they might have removed their live chat, removed their phone numbers, stopped processing parcels they receive after 9am and have appalling customer service but brand loyalty is a thing and I understand some will continue to believe they are good because they used to be good.

Yes I've ready them all. I don't know how many parcels PM v PW process per day. Without that you cannot take anything of value from the threads. There will always be complaints.

I've had parcels delivered after 9 to NI that were processed on the same day. They were slower for me by a day or two which is obviously to be expected when its a locker based service. I've sent 5 and received well over 20 parcels in the last month with PM, in the hundreds overall and never had an issue. Some might believe they are good because they used to be good, or some like me, will believe they are good because they are for me.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Took less than a day for PM to get my package from check in Dublin to being ready for pick up in Galway. Not bad for peak season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 philyb

I have a oversized package delivered on the 1st I the company that sent itbdidnt put PM number on the package , so around the 5th I rang parcel motel got through to a girl she said she put a note on my profile as ibhad dhl tracker number.

I haven't heard anything since I have rang during the week parcel motel don't seem to be answering phone sent email also am getting concern now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

PM are simply swamped - they don't appear to hire enough, if any, extra staff for Christmas rushes and also you can't practically add temporary locker locations. Stuff will arrive eventually - if its urgent, don't use a forwarder service. Going to move this to Online Buying & Auctions as there is a hefty PM thread there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

have these idiots still only publicly declared 4 places as busy locations?

I have 4 locations which are pretty much equally convenient for me. But I have no idea which is the best to choose, not only to get myself sorted sooner, but to not take up spaces for people urgently waiting.

They could let people have a second choice of motel, maybe give them a bonus 12 or 24hrs on that second choice one to encourage people to select a second one. Many people like myself would be collecting it in the same time frame as my first choice anyway, as they are all equally handy. Or give no bonus hours, just know that you are likely to get it faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Belini

wuzziwig wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but nothing came up on search.

I got message & PIN no to collect a parcel last night but the locker was empty when I opened it. I've opened a query with them since last night but no communication from them at all today. I realise they are very busy so mot panicking yet. Did this ever happen to anyone? And was it resolved satisfactorily?

I would be panicking 😄. I left an item for return to littlewoods 3 weeks ago and it is still in the locker where I left it. I left a query 2 weeks ago and have followed up on it three times and have still received no reply from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Well 6 days seems to be about right with the delays, mine just arrived in Tallaght.

It really wouldnt of been so bad if there had of been some communication with their customers, I honestly dont think i will use them again because of it, every other company can answer the phone no reason they cant

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Took 5 days for one of my parcels to come from Antrim to the the depot in Finglas (oversized as Amazon put it in a huge box!). Picked it up last night. I cancelled another delivery from Amazon as it was going to be next week and didn't think I'd have it before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

I was shocked after reading this thread, but thankfully my recent experience wasn't bad. They received my parcel in Antrim on Monday, checked it in on Tuesday and I could pick it up from the locker on Wednesday afternoon. It's not all doom and gloom... don't lose hope :)

Nevertheless, for the last gift I'm using PW. We're in a bit of a hurry now (obviously) and they seem more reliable this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Well after all my worrying they located my fourth and final package a few hours after I raised a ticket about it, and delivered my final three parcels to Maynooth yesterday within 24 hours of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 quantummess1

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Just signed up for AddressPal with An Post they offer a similar service re UK delivery address, and they hold your parcel for 5 working days at your chosen post office - looks like a good alternative :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

doomshine wrote: »
    I was shocked after reading this thread, but thankfully my recent experience wasn't bad. They received my parcel in Antrim on Monday, checked it in on Tuesday and I could pick it up from the locker on Wednesday afternoon. It's not all doom and gloom... don't lose hope :)

The vast majority of people are getting their packages a little later (2-3 days) than normal, which is to be expected at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Just signed up for AddressPal with An Post they offer a similar service re UK delivery address, and they hold your parcel for 5 working days at your chosen post office - looks like a good alternative :-)

Be careful though there delays are worse than Parcel Motel at moment. Plus they don't offer the service of notifying you that they received the package from the distributor

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well a new one for me, had a Fed Ex delivery this morning and it was refused acceptance by PM in Newtownabbey, they asked for it to be delivered at some time in the future.
    Tried phoning PM, rings out so send a query in via their website.

Looks like they are beyond capacity if refusing new deliveries.
    XMas pressie too :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

slave1 wrote: »
    Well a new one for me, had a Fed Ex delivery this morning and it was refused acceptance by PM in Newtownabbey, they asked for it to be delivered at some time in the future.
    Tried phoning PM, rings out so send a query in via their website.

Looks like they are beyond capacity if refusing new deliveries.
    XMas pressie too :(

I would take that with a pinch of salt, there is no way they are refusing deliveries, unless there was some other issue with it. FedEx might be telling you porkies either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got a text update saying there was a delay due to the volumes parcel at Christmas. Better than no communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked up the package I was waiting the last 10 days for, the box was totally trashed, it had been opened as the Amazon tape had been cut on both sides, only a bit of PM tape replacing it holding it together, thankfully the items were large as anything smaller could of easily fallen out of the box, I am done with them now, lucky the items were sturdy as anything fragile would of been in pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I have always had a good experience with PM. I got an oversized package delivered to Antrim on Monday - I picked it up in the Dublin depot last night. It was a fragile, expensive monitor and it was in perfect nick.

I'm sorry for anyone who is having trouble but just thought I would share a positive story in case anyone is reading this thread and freaking out about their pending parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I was a bit worried about items due to arrive but 3 different amazon packages which arrived on NI yesterday at 6pm were all checked into the Maynooth parcel motel earlier today, very happy with that the time of the year that's in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mine's in Swords now "Package held at delivery depot".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Just got communication on twitter, saying sorry for the delay and we can see your package has been picked up and credited my account with a free stay.

If only there had of been this during the week long black out people would of been fine

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I've a package in the Dublin Depot since Monday & had another arrive there on Tuesday which got delivered on Thursday.
    Looks like they actually went to check in Monday's package again yesterday but cancelled when realised it was already checked in.
    I've used parcel motel for years now & it's my first bad experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭TheAbstracter

Would people recommend setting my location to the local NightLine Depot and collecting myself? In case lockers are full? In Galway.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Would people recommend setting my location to the local NightLine Depot and collecting myself? In case lockers are full? In Galway.

Definitely, I picked up mine in the Galway depot. It was oversized, but would have done the same with a smaller parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Thoughts Please

Mobile arrived in PM warehouse on the 30th of Nov and has not appeared since. I stuck on the extended libality on the 2nd of Dec up to 500 euros. PM won't entertain full compensation as libility was added after arrival . Value of phone €320 euros . Am I OTT thinking this needs to be reported as a stolen item at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

So, my story. Been using parcel motel for over 2 years with no issues that were their fault - once or twice a parcel was sent from supplier with no PMID but once I logged a request they would find it.

This time: parcel delivered on 2 Dec, checked in on 3rd (saw photo, it was my parcel, and it had my pmid). When I had received no further communication by 7th I opened a request.

Got a reply on 11th saying "I've asked for an update from the warehouse" and the request was marked as "solved".

I replied to this, to reopen the request as one would think it shouldn't be "solved" until they at least know where the parcel is.

Got a reply on the same day saying it's marked as "solved" so it's not clogging up the inbox anymore.

Left it two days, and reopened the request, asking for a meaningful update, even if that meant PM saying "we've lost your parcel". Got a reply two days later from the same lady saying "sorry was out of the office yesterday (must have been a day in lieu of Sunday!!!) but I've asked for an update".

Posted a tweet that night, got a response next morning to send a DM, which I did, and ended up getting a lovely email, same day, from a guy there apologising profusely for this delay and with details of who he has contacted to get to the bottom of it. And guess what, he left my request open!

I believe my parcel is lost, never to be seen again, but at least this guy seems to give a ****.

My point is, I shouldn't have had to take to Twitter for someone to take it seriously. The first "Lady" dealing with my request obviously was just trying to close requests so her "inbox" looked good for her supervisor!!!

• Advertisement

Got a text saying the Swords depot will be open tomorrow as a temporary collection point, between 11am and 4pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement