Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭plodder

Got a text saying the Swords depot will be open tomorrow as a temporary collection point, between 11am and 4pm.
    I got that text too. Seems sound enough. Have to say I've never had a problem with their service and been using it for 3 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭plodder

Got this as well for a different delivery:
    Collect within 4 hours of receiving your PIN to be in with a chance to win a 49" Sony 4K Ultra HD TV or a Hatchimals Penguala Pink in time for Christmas.
    Makes sense to offer some incentive to collect quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Collected my first package from Adresspal in An Post today, won't be using PM again and I have 5 days to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Smoked Tuna

plodder wrote: »
    Got this as well for a different delivery:

Makes sense to offer some incentive to collect quickly.

They are giving away one measly TV and some silly toy, out of all their customers, not really too generous of them

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

Having a big problem with Parcel Motel at the moment, can anyone offer advice?

A few weeks ago, I ordered 2 parcels from the UK with Parcel Motel. But then, I ended up changing my mobile phone number (and PM have the old number as my contact info).

I get an email telling me my parcels are in Dublin and they'll be with me soon... And then a few days later, another email telling me they're in the Dublin depot again.

A few days later I realised my problem - PM only have my "old" phone number, and they're going to text my PIN to that number, which I won't receive.

So I spend ages trying to find a contact number for PM, can't seem to find one, so I send an e-mail to their customer care explaining the situation and giving them my new phone number.

It's been well over a week and I still haven't heard anything. In the meantime, my two parcels are being sent from Dublin, to my town, back to Dublin, back to my town, back to Dublin, back to my town... And I'm getting charged €3.95 each time.

How the hell do I get my parcels!? I have no idea how to contact them other than the (ignored) email. I need them for Christmas presents :(

I don't mind going to the Dublin depot to collect them, I just really need them. And I really need to stop being charged €3.95 over and over again while my parcels are stuck in infinite limbo. Any ideas?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

deex wrote: »

A few weeks ago, I ordered 2 parcels from the UK with Parcel Motel. But then, I ended up changing my mobile phone number (and PM have the old number as my contact info).

I get an email telling me my parcels are in Dublin and they'll be with me soon... And then a few days later, another email telling me they're in the Dublin depot again.

A few days later I realised my problem - PM only have my "old" phone number, and they're going to text my PIN to that number, which I won't receive.

So I spend ages trying to find a contact number for PM, can't seem to find one, so I send an e-mail to their customer care explaining the situation and giving them my new phone number.

It's been well over a week and I still haven't heard anything. In the meantime, my two parcels are being sent from Dublin, to my town, back to Dublin, back to my town, back to Dublin, back to my town... And I'm getting charged €3.95 each time.

How the hell do I get my parcels!? I have no idea how to contact them other than the (ignored) email. I need them for Christmas presents :(

I don't mind going to the Dublin depot to collect them, I just really need them. And I really need to stop being charged €3.95 over and over again while my parcels are stuck in infinite limbo. Any ideas?!

Ring nightline and you will get through to them. Do they not send you a text and an email saying it's at your chosen locker? I get both, so can get the pin from there either or by logging in online and get it there, use your old mobile number and presto you have it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

deex wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Or log in and change your mobile number? I don't know why you think you have to contact PM to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

They email you with your pin number so changing phones shouldn't matter.

Think the backlog might be clearing. Parcel arrived in Antrim on Thursday, got email to say it was in Dublin yesterday and arriving the box this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

So my parents went to collect my item in my local PM today. I think they put in the number and pin but got confused and didn't know where to take out the item as they didn't understand where to look.

A couple of things could have happened now:

1. Is it possible someone else came along later and stole the item as the door had been left open?
    2. The door of the PM locker closed and the item is just sitting in there.

Anyone any experience with this scenario? From looking online it says it's
    With Customer' which would make sense if the door opened and they expected the item was removed. Not sure they would have sensors smart enough to know that the item is still in there.

Any advice appricated. I've sent their support team a support request via the find my parcel feature on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

cronos wrote: »
    So my parents went to collect my item in my local PM today. I think they put in the number and pin but got confused and didn't know where to take out the item as they didn't understand where to look.

A couple of things could have happened now:

1. Is it possible someone else came along later and stole the item as the door had been left open?
    2. The door of the PM locker closed and the item is just sitting in there.

With Customer' which would make sense if the door opened and they expected the item was removed. Not sure they would have sensors smart enough to know that the item is still in there.

Any advice appricated. I've sent their support team a support request via the find my parcel feature on the website.

Did you not explain the workings to them before they went to pick it up?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Did you not explain the workings to them before they went to pick it up?

Yes but she thought it would drop in the shoot below the screen. I guess the onscreen instructions were not clear enough. Not sure of the relevance at this point given it's already happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yes but she thought it would drop in the shoot below the screen. I guess the onscreen instructions were not clear enough. Not sure of the relevance at this point given it's already happened.

Even if they didn't know how it worked, if the locker open after they put the PIN, they will see opening and heard the noise when it opens. What does the status say on PM account? if the pin still there it was never collected.

nava wrote: »
    Even if they didn't know how it worked, if the locker open after they put the PIN, they will see opening and heard the noise when it opens. What does the status say on PM account? if the pin still there it was never collected.

She didn't hear anything (think her hearing is damaged, to be honest, but that's more of a private matter), I went to the PM location myself and watched someone else using it. I could hear the sound OK but with traffic passing I could see how she may not have when she wasn't expecting it to be important. With regard to seeing it open, I didn't even see the door open for the person collecting, not sure that's all that obvious on some of the drawers. Especially when she was looking at the opening underneath the screen itself.

Again don't see the relevance of the above question. I'm asking what happens if it's not taken really. If its been stolen by someone else not much I can do. But I'm guessing the doors close back on these like an atm would retract in the money if you didn't take it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

With Customer' .
    nava wrote: »

With customer

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Likely someone else took it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Placed my first order with Parcel Wizard. Delivery to house for 3.85€ can't complain really. Well unless it's delayed! Will report back on how I got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

wuzziwig wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but nothing came up on search.

I got message & PIN no to collect a parcel last night but the locker was empty when I opened it. I've opened a query with them since last night but no communication from them at all today. I realise they are very busy so mot panicking yet. Did this ever happen to anyone? And was it resolved satisfactorily?

Just to update. I rang that 01 number posted here at 9am Friday morning. It rang for 20 minutes before it was answered but the guy I spoke to was able to help me. He said the locker assigned to my parcel was too small so delivery guy took it away again. Once the door is closed a text to me was generated hence the empty locker. It's back in a queue again to be delivered. He said it was down for delivery Saturday but no sign of it yet. It's 3 weeks since I got an email telling me it was in the Dublin depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Again don't see the relevance of the above question. I'm asking what happens if it's not taken really. If its been stolen by someone else not much I can do. But I'm guessing the doors close back on these like an atm would retract in the money if you didn't take it for some reason.

I don't think the door will close itself, but I never looked at it properly to see how the lock mechanism works, you will need to close it manually.

If you contact ParcelMotel they might check from the security camera who took the parcel, next customer or passerby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I had to get a new credit card during the week and forgot that PM charge my card each time there's a delivery. Got a text to say I had insufficient funds in the account for it to be delivered and that I needed to update the account. So I updated the new credit card last night but wondering if anyone knows whether they will try charge the delivery again automatically or do I need to contact them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sillysocks wrote: »
    I had to get a new credit card during the week and forgot that PM charge my card each time there's a delivery. Got a text to say I had insufficient funds in the account for it to be delivered and that I needed to update the account. So I updated the new credit card last night but wondering if anyone knows whether they will try charge the delivery again automatically or do I need to contact them?

They will try themselves again automatically, no need to contact them(not that they'll reply)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

sillysocks wrote: »

No need to contact them and they will not charge a second time.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I use parcel motel quite a bit. Didn't even realise there was a thread. Shockingly slow the past 2 weeks. Is that just me or do other people see this?
    Also, does parcel motel have a spokesperson on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kelsblockh

Hi everyone. Another unhappy customer of Parcel Motel. Do anyone have any direct contact details for Parcel Motel? None of my requests are being replied to within Parcel Motel and an email I sent was created as another request in their email support.

I'm hearing impaired so I would have used the online LiveChat if it is available on the Parcel Motel's website but it didn't despite their false advertising of having it available....

My story is as follows:

I'm waiting for a cue extension parcel (ordered from Amazon UK) - this was checked in at 11:13 AM on 3rd Dec and was set to "InTransit" at 11:16, just three minutes after checking in. The photo for this item was of the parcel wrapped like a cue extension...

I was charged €3.95 on my credit card on 5th Dec despite not receiving it from their locker...

I created a request id 184001 in their support system on 11th Dec but no replies received to date...

I sent an email on 13th Dec to the support email address - this email was created by Parcel Motel as a request in their support system. No replies to this either...

I received an email notification from Parcel Motel on 14th Dec notifying me of a parcel being checked in..... I wasn't expecting any other parcels.... I checked this parcel out on my activity screen and the photo showed the same actual cue extension wrapped shaped like a cue but with a different tracking number!

I was then charged another €3.95 on my credit card on 15th Dec despite the parcel being the same parcel as of 3rd Dec and I hadn't received it from their locker...

I'm getting very frustrated with the above and seeing Christmas is just 7 days away, I have no present to give to the would-have-been owner of the cue extension!

Can anyone help by giving me contact details please? Thanks in advance!

kelsblockh wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Another unhappy customer of Parcel Motel. Do anyone have any direct contact details for Parcel Motel? None of my requests are being replied to within Parcel Motel and an email I sent was created as another request in their email support.

I'm hearing impaired so I would have used the online LiveChat if it is available on the Parcel Motel's website but it didn't despite their false advertising of having it available....

My story is as follows:

I'm waiting for a cue extension parcel (ordered from Amazon UK) - this was checked in at 11:13 AM on 3rd Dec and was set to "InTransit" at 11:16, just three minutes after checking in. The photo for this item was of the parcel wrapped like a cue extension...

I was charged €3.95 on my credit card on 5th Dec despite not receiving it from their locker...

I created a request id 184001 in their support system on 11th Dec but no replies received to date...

I sent an email on 13th Dec to the support email address - this email was created by Parcel Motel as a request in their support system. No replies to this either...

I received an email notification from Parcel Motel on 14th Dec notifying me of a parcel being checked in..... I wasn't expecting any other parcels.... I checked this parcel out on my activity screen and the photo showed the same actual cue extension wrapped shaped like a cue but with a different tracking number!

I was then charged another €3.95 on my credit card on 15th Dec despite the parcel being the same parcel as of 3rd Dec and I hadn't received it from their locker...

I'm getting very frustrated with the above and seeing Christmas is just 7 days away, I have no present to give to the would-have-been owner of the cue extension!

Can anyone help by giving me contact details please? Thanks in advance!
    I have phone numbers if that's any good?

Thanks Dtp1979. I was hoping for email addresses but please PM the phone numbers - I can try and get my hearing friend to ring them on my behalf. Thanks again. ;)

kelsblockh wrote: »
    Thanks Dtp1979. I was hoping for email addresses but please PM the phone numbers - I can try and get my hearing friend to ring them on my behalf. Thanks again. ;)

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I contacted their rep on Twitter via DM asking for a realistic delivery date for two parcels I had been waiting a while for....got a prompt response saying they were completely snowed under but she gave me an exact date each parcel would arrive which they did so can't really complain.

Thx for replying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hi,

I recently ordered something worth approx $25 to Parcel Motel. It got delivered and everything's great.

However, the other day I received a follow up letter from UPS (if genuine) to Parcel Motel saying I owe them UK customs charges.

Now, if this is genuine I'd have no issue paying. But the charges are about the same as what the item cost in the first place, which makes me suspect shenanigans.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Customs charges via Parcel Motel? How did you handle it?

If UPS had to pay, then I'll cover it. But if they are trying to over charge me then I won't be so willing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement