Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

I got a test today to say my parcel was ready for collection, and if i collected it within 4 hours a telly could be won! Incentives to clear locker quicker i see

Same here. But I got another text to tell me my parcel was at my local depot (not motel). Not sure if this is another parcel I'm expecting or the same one (I'm waiting on 5). Consolidate.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Indifferent to it, they agreed that their Twitter/FB Boards was rife with complaints and they were getting through the backlog...

Yup, when I come back from hols, I check all my emails (backlog)...I basically work out how many I can ignore without losing my job :)
    I get 'through' them eventually and the world is again at peace. But only for me, and only for a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Hi guys random question here!

Parcel motel added a new location about 6 weeks ago that is very close to me so I changed my location to that. Have used it once and that's fine. Ordered a few Christmas presents last week, one of which was delivered to the Dublin depot on Friday.

Driving past the new location yesterday evening I saw that the lockers were gone, and when I checked the location is no longer listed on their website.

Haven't heard anything from them about this, but considering the time of year this isn't surprising! Does anyone know if I change my location now (when according the site it's at their depot), it'll just be delivered to the new location?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

allym wrote: »
    Hi guys random question here!

Parcel motel added a new location about 6 weeks ago that is very close to me so I changed my location to that. Have used it once and that's fine. Ordered a few Christmas presents last week, one of which was delivered to the Dublin depot on Friday.

Driving past the new location yesterday evening I saw that the lockers were gone, and when I checked the location is no longer listed on their website.

Haven't heard anything from them about this, but considering the time of year this isn't surprising! Does anyone know if I change my location now (when according the site it's at their depot), it'll just be delivered to the new location?

They took away the lockers from my location about two years ago and I'm in a fairly busy town . They seem to have a policy of moving them to the busiest locations but that's penny pinching if you ask me. You might yet get an email to say they have moved them - they do everything at their own pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Got a text too to say my parcel was at the depot. Not really happy with that as it's a pain to get to so might try ring tomorrow. It's a bit cheeky to just text/email saying that and not giving any option to just wait a few days instead, esp after paying the fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mozfan

I'm waiting over 2 weeks for them to respond to an online contact form query about a parcel that has definitely been delivered to them but not sent onto me. Has anyone got a contact number for their customer service?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

1890 321 890 is nightline number same company

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

1890 321 890 is nightline number same company

option 4 as far as i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

wuzziwig wrote: »
    Just to update. I rang that 01 number posted here at 9am Friday morning. It rang for 20 minutes before it was answered but the guy I spoke to was able to help me. He said the locker assigned to my parcel was too small so delivery guy took it away again. Once the door is closed a text to me was generated hence the empty locker. It's back in a queue again to be delivered. He said it was down for delivery Saturday but no sign of it yet. It's 3 weeks since I got an email telling me it was in the Dublin depot.

I finally got my parcel yesterday. Funny thing about it though. It was in a locker the exact same size as the locker that was deemed too small by the delivery man last week. There was loads of room around the parcel. No idea what went on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

TallGlass wrote: »
    Placed my first order with Parcel Wizard. Delivery to house for 3.85€ can't complain really. Well unless it's delayed! Will report back on how I got on.

Delivered to the door today. So considering ordered late Friday night basically two day delivery for 3.85€. Think that's me calling it a day with Parcel Motel, well until they get back to my query I placed on there 'ticketing' system.

Got plenty of info too, when it would be dropped. When it arrived. If I wanted to change the drop of location or change the time and date.

Very good. I'd advise anyone to consider the competion out there, it can only be a good thing or us in the end.

• Advertisement

Got a text yesterday telling me that a local depot has been set up where my 'parcel will be available for collection'. Doesn't indicate how many of my parcels will be there - if I knew only one was there I'd wait until tomorrow to drop in.
    Also doesn't tell me that my parcel IS there..just that it 'will'.

So I've spent 30 mins on hold waiting to speak to someone about it. Still waiting. I think 30 mins is long enough to wait even if they are very busy. Parcel Wizard here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

Mozfan wrote: »
    I'm waiting over 2 weeks for them to respond to an online contact form query about a parcel that has definitely been delivered to them but not sent onto me. Has anyone got a contact number for their customer service?
    Not sure where I'd be without Boards! Found Parcel Motel a great service until I had to redirect a parcel for home delivery (was unable to collect an oversize parcel within their closing times).  That was almost 3 weeks ago...I've send a number of emails with no reply and couldn't find any number.  Just rang Nightline - I gave up on the Parcel Motel option (no. 4) after 5 mins but got straight through on the second option for redirected parcels.  My parcel was never changed to home delivery so I'll have to find a way of collecting it..at least I know where it is now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Just popped into the finglas depot and staff were very helpful! Mine had gone out for delivery but is just sitting in the swords depot because the location listed is now gone. So they've relabelled it and prioritised it for delivery tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I have been using PM since mid September and apart from an issue in early October where some parcels from Amazon arrived at the PM depot without a PM ID no. I have found their service to be generally reliable. Until now that is. A parcel was checked in to the PM depot on 7th December and has been showing on my PM account page as "in Transit" since then. Despite several attempts to contact them I have had no response and have now decided to try Address pal in future. I can understand how a parcel might go astray during this busy period but the lack of customer service is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I hmm'd and haa'd over which one to choose for a TV I bought yesterday and reluctantly went with Parcel Motel in the hope I see it by Christmas.

Let the fun begin.

Well, here's an update on the above....

Got a notice last night that the TV had arrived at the depot and I could collect it there and so off I went earlier today to do just that. Guy comes out with the package but is acting strange from the get-go. Asks me to help him carry it but while positioning it rather oddly making it hard for me to even grab it.

As we walk to the car he is still acting odd and sort of walking away from my car even as I'm telling him that 'this is it here'. It was as if he didn't want me to see the other side of the box and as he sits the box on the ground, I see why, as the other side of the box has a gaping hole in it and the TV is almost falling out. The underside of the box (which he also towards the ground) is covered in Parcel Motel repackaging tape.

So I ask him what happened to it and he says: "It's just a hole, there's nothing broken inside". I ask him does he know how the hole got there. Was it dropped? He just shrugged and again said 'it's only a hole'. As I opened my boot he sees that I have an new Epson printer in it and which he notices has a small hole in it's box.. so he says: "I could ask you how did that hole get in that box. I am taken aback by the remark and ask him is he serious. He repeats the same comment and so I ask him what the hell a small hole in a printer box has to do with a hole in a parcel holding a TV which I have paid a courier to deliver to me? He walked off saying if I wanted to make a complaint I could and I told him I wanted to assess the level of damage done first and if needs be I'd make a complaint over the phone.

Anyway, I'm home a good while now and the TV is, as you can see, broken. LCD is damaged too and you can hear numerous parts swooshing about inside it when it's moved. Fit for the dump I'd say...

IMG_20161221_221335.jpg

IMG_20161221_221452.jpg

IMG_20161221_222037.jpg

IMG_20161221_222801.jpg

Haven't been able to contact PM but the courier company that delivered to them say that the box was fully intact when they delivered it. It was even in their notes that 'Fragile' was written on it. Not the end of the world. Was a gift for a friend. I'll get him something else I suppose. I'm just thankfully it wasn't a high end TV I'd splashed out on. Still and all, quite annoying this time of the year.

I'll most likely still use PM for smaller parcels but never again with something fragile like a TV. No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Got a notice last night that the TV had arrived at the depot and I could collect it there and so off I went earlier today to do just that. Guy comes out with the package but is acting strange from the get-go. Asks me to help him carry it but while positioning it rather oddly making it hard for me to even grab it.

As we walk to the car he is still acting odd and sort of walking away from my car even as I'm telling him that 'this is it here'. It was as if he didn't want me to see the other side of the box and as he sits the box on the ground, I see why, as the other side of the box has a gaping hole in it and the TV is almost falling out. The underside of the box (which he also towards the ground) is covered in Parcel Motel repackaging tape.

So I ask him what happened to it and he says: "It's just a hole, there's nothing broken inside". I ask him does he know how the hole got there. Was it dropped? He just shrugged and again said 'it's only a hole'. As I opened my boot he sees that I have an new Epson printer in it and which he notices has a small hole in it's box.. so he says: "I could ask you how did that hole get in that box. I am taken aback by the remark and ask him is he serious. He repeats the same comment and so I ask him what the hell a small hole in a printer box has to do with a hole in a parcel holding a TV which I have paid a courier to deliver to me? He walked off saying if I wanted to make a complaint I could and I told him I wanted to assess the level of damage done first and if needs be I'd make a complaint over the phone.

Anyway, I'm home a good while now and the TV is, as you can see, broken. LCD is damaged too and you can hear numerous parts swooshing about inside it when it's moved. Fit for the dump I'd say...

IMG_20161221_221335.jpg

IMG_20161221_221452.jpg

IMG_20161221_222037.jpg

IMG_20161221_222801.jpg

Haven't been able to contact PM but the courier company that delivered to them say that the box was fully intact when they delivered it. It was even in their notes that 'Fragile' was written on it. Not the end of the world. Was a gift for a friend. I'll get him something else I suppose. I'm just thankfully it wasn't a high end TV I'd splashed out on. Still and all, quite annoying this time of the year.

I'll most likely still use PM for smaller parcels but never again with something fragile like a TV. No chance.

I'd be making a claim if I were you, that's unacceptable carry on.

I'd be making a claim if I were you, that's unacceptable carry on.

If I can I will for sure but best I think they give you €100 and no doubt it's a drawn out process.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cowboy stuff.

Tweet it at liveline and the PM account too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

ED E wrote: »
    Cowboy stuff.

Tweet it at liveline and the PM account too.

Blitz social media with it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭OU812

You accepted delivery of it. Unfortunately it's no longer their problem.

Should have refused to take it.

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »

Agreed, they would have then had to return it to the sender.

It may not entirely be Parcel Motel's fault though as looking at those pictures that packaging looked awful, I'd say its possible the sender may not have packed the item securely for transit.

Agreed, they would have then had to return it to the sender.

It may not entirely be Parcel Motel's fault though as looking at those pictures that packaging looked awful, I'd say its possible the sender may not have packed the item securely for transit.

I would not have taken it either, but if it arrived to PM in that condition, they should have refused to accept it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I wonder was he thinking that you wouldn't even notice it ?? :eek:

In fairness the packaging was grand. The bottom end which is still intact has the very same amount of strong duck taping as the top. It's double layered cardboard also and so even if we say maybe the top wasn't secured, it wouldn't explain the ripped centre. Must have either fallen from a great height or been stood on to do that kind of damage.
    eamonnq wrote: »
    I wonder was he thinking that you wouldn't even notice it ?? :eek:

Oh he absolutely was just about to lift it and place it in the boot with the hole side facing down and the PM repackaging tape end going in first. It would have looked fine at a glance had he done that and then I'm sure I would been asked if I had secured it well enough in my boot on the way home were I to make any future complaint about damage.

It's the first time I have ever not received a photo of an item with PM also.

Do AddressPal have a higher than €100 standard cover? Either way, if I am ever getting anything fragile like a TV again I will go with them for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

OU812 wrote: »

Dunno if its not there problem to be honest. But I wouldn't have accepted that parcel and asked to speak with someone from management about it.

TallGlass wrote: »
    But I wouldn't have accepted that parcel and asked to speak with someone from management about it.

I should've for sure but was hoping that the ripped front was the worst of it and as it's a gift I was eager for that to be the case. Had it been another time of the year where time isn't of the essence I think I would've refused it alright.

I've opened up a ticket and sure we'll see what they say.

They asked for the Ebay invoice for the auction and then I got the following reply:

Thanks for that.

The claims department have advised we can either order you a replacement for this or we can refund you for the cost of the goods.

In this instance we can offer you any of the three options below:

Value of the item plus an additional 10% as a credit on your PM account which can be applied immediately – for example item value is €50 you would receive €55 credit to your PM account.

PayPal refund for the value of the item which will be processed on a Friday – if you would like this option please provide your PayPal email address.

A cheque for the value of the item which will be issued within 14 days – please confirm your home address if you choose this option.

Let me know what suits and I will arrange this for you. Thanks in advance.

I choose "PayPal refund for the value of the item".

Have to say I wasn't expecting to hear back from them until Jan.. so pleasantly surprised.

Will keep thread updated with how it all goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

They asked for the Ebay invoice for the auction and then I got the following reply:

Have to say I wasn't expecting to hear back from them until Jan.. so pleasantly surprised.

That was a fast turn around, good on them. Although based on your previous post I'll probably never get anything fragile delivered by them in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Maybe they're watching this thread

I_am_watching_you.jpg

• Advertisement

Is the value of the auction item less than the €100 standard or are they playing nice and offering you a refund higher than that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement