Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭OU812

Have never had a bad experience with PM. Long may it continue.

Was speaking with one of the delivery guys during he week who told me there's big plans for next year with another 200 locations planned (which seems like an awful lot) and a US delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

My parcel arrived in Belfast yesterday lunchtime, got the text this morning at 11 that is was in my motel and went straight down to collect.

No complaints at all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I have been using PM since mid September and apart from an issue in early October where some parcels from Amazon arrived at the PM depot without a PM ID no. I have found their service to be generally reliable. Until now that is. A parcel was checked in to the PM depot on 7th December and has been showing on my PM account page as "in Transit" since then. Despite several attempts to contact them I have had no response and have now decided to try Address pal in future. I can understand how a parcel might go astray during this busy period but the lack of customer service is unacceptable.

This is turning into a farce. On Wednesday I received notification that a parcel was ready for collection in my PM locker which I assumed was the missing one. I went to the motel and tried the PIN code which would not work. On checking my account I saw that this parcel was showing as being "with customer" even though it wasn't and to top it all I have now received notification that the parcel was not collected and will be "returned to agency" and reprocessed which means I will be charged a third time for a parcel that I have never received. I have tried ringing the Nightline number with the PM option and have only been left on hold for ages with no reply. I am just about ready to tear my hair out over this.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I've been using Parcel Motel for a couple of years now. Had a parcel delayed by about a week at the start of December but have had another couple of parcels since then with no delay. Bought something on Amazon on Wed just gone and picked it up this morning from PM! Blockages might be easing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Yup, just got a parcel from Amazon Prime that was delivered in Newtownabbey yesterday.
    Also got an oversize parcel to the depot that was only delivered today.

Anyone else get a mail from parcel motel offering 50 free stays in January?
    Got the offer for each of my high volume Parcel Motel accounts but not on another

2659336880.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Had something for Christmas delivered to their Dublin depot today at lunch. Wonder will they deliver it this evening or tomorrow to my chosen PM location. Are they working tomorrow?

I'm hoping on one last thing to arrive. It's not essential & doesn't matter much if it doesn't but if it does it means I can start my networking project over the Xmas.

it apparently came into the Dublin depot yesterday & if there's a slot available it should arrive in my PM tomorrow, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

I am in the same boat as both if you, praying for a text tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭caviardreams

cros13 wrote: »
    Yup, just got a parcel from Amazon Prime that was delivered in Newtownabbey yesterday.

Got the offer for each of my high volume Parcel Motel accounts but not on another

2659336880.png

50 free stays :eek: Guess you have a really high volume account (and here was me thinking I did with 3-4 parcels a month LOL). No offer for me anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

cros13 wrote: »

2659336880.png

Got the same email. Pretty exceptional gift to be honest, in a busy month as well with all the sales. Fair play PM.

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    I'm hoping on one last thing to arrive. It's not essential & doesn't matter much if it doesn't but if it does it means I can start my networking project over the Xmas.

it apparently came into the Dublin depot yesterday & if there's a slot available it should arrive in my PM tomorrow, so here's hoping.

Just picked my last thing up. That's me done now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Ah brilliant. I'm still hoping the location will be fairly empty by morning, so there's room for my parcel.

It would be handy if there was a permanent pick up point, or at least you can pick up from the depot.
    OU812 wrote: »
    Just picked my last thing up. That's me done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

3 parcels arrived today..

But a 4th which was accepted by PM a few days before the other 3, failed to arrive.

Tbh. I don't think it ever will, the pic that they emailed me clearly shows that the box has been opened.

I think that PM have an empty box knocking around their Warehouse, which at this stage had been crushed and lost.
    The new year will tell.
    But I don't hold out any hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Is there a backlog in Parcel Motel at the moment?

I had an email from Amazon this morning saying they delivered an item to them, but no word about it from Parcel Motel so far.
    I did choose to have it delivered to my house rather than the usual locker this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ordered something from the UK that was posted on the 20th, arrived in Dublin depot on the 23rd at 3pm, was in my locker last night at 2 minutes to midnight and I picked it up at 9.30 this morning. No signs of any delays or backlog there.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Cheers, it's just there was no contact from them so far so I'm a little worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Anyone ever used the QR Code scanner? Never works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

NikoTopps wrote: »

Can't really see the point of it to be honest. I've tried to use the scanner once to scan the barcode on a parcel I was sending, but it couldn't even do that properly, so I can believe scanning a QR code from a phone wouldn't be very reliable either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Alun wrote: »
    Can't really see the point of it to be honest. I've tried to use the scanner once to scan the barcode on a parcel I was sending, but it couldn't even do that properly, so I can believe scanning a QR code from a phone wouldn't be very reliable either.

I've used it since it's been available and never had any problem, maybe it differs from PM to PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Yup I use it every time and its much quicker. For me, I don't click collect a parcel and then scan it - this comes up with a invalid pin error.

I just click Have a barcode or QR code and then scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Yup I use it every time and its much quicker. For me, I don't click collect a parcel and then scan it - this comes up with a invalid pin error.

I just click Have a barcode or QR code and then scan.

What phone that is with? I try it with OnePlus 3 and S7 and it will not work even with the full brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

What phone that is with? I try it with OnePlus 3 and S7 and it will not work even with the full brightness.

Mines with iPhone 6s, I enlarge it a little bit on the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Nexus 4. Dunno what brightness its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Do parcel motel deliver on saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Do parcel motel deliver on saturday?

Deliveries as usual on Sat (31st) but not again until Tuesday 3rd

30tge3b.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got a notification from UPC that my parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel on the 23rd - but I have had nothing from Parcel Motel saying it has even been delivered to the depot. Is this normal? Usually I get an email with the photo etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Zascar wrote: »
    I got a notification from UPC that my parcel was delivered to Parcel Motel on the 23rd - but I have had nothing from Parcel Motel saying it has even been delivered to the depot. Is this normal? Usually I get an email with the photo etc

Given the time of year I'd say it's totally normal. They will text/email you when it's in the locker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Getting a 404 error when I try log into the site. Anyone having issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Dord wrote: »
    Getting a 404 error when I try log into the site. Anyone having issues?

Just logged in there now with no problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement