Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

stevire wrote: »
    I didn't see pricing anywhere on the website, we're just all under the assumption that it is €3.50 based on the €7 credit received after signing up...

Here is where you buy the credit for it , see everything is in multiples of €3.50

Capture1111111.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

It says in the FAQ :
    How much does it cost to use Parcel Motel?
    Your first 2 visits to the parcel motel are free. After that it is €3.50 per transaction. There is no extra charge for using the UK address to avail of free shipping in the UK.

This sounds like a great service. Plenty of times in the past i havent been able to purchase a great deal due to uk only delivery or prohibitive delivery charges if outside of the uk. If the price stays at 3.50 i can see myself using this a fair bit in future. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Just wondering how this works with courier (dhl etc) deliveries where signatures of receipt might be required ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Wossack

Techless wrote: »
    Just wondering how this works with courier (dhl etc) deliveries where signatures of receipt might be required ?
    For quality assurance, your parcel is sent to our centralized check-in area where we receive all parcels from various carriers. If it arrives in good condition, we will provide the carrier with a unique PM receipt number (PMRN). This is what they should use as their proof of delivery and verification that we have taken custody of your parcel. We will then check in your parcel by photographing it and determine your preferred Parcel Motel location by the PMID.

from https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Thanks Wossack, should have read these myself :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Wossack

They're a little bit buried in the 'how it works' and 'FAQ' sections in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

great find op - will definitely be using this.

I'm off to find a bargain with free delivery to Antrim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

bren2001 wrote: »
    I imagine they are built to withstand a lot of damage. I know my local one is on a main road, somebody would hear and see them do it, its also two minutes from the local Garda station.

Its not anything innovative, this has been running in Poland for a while now and works perfectly.

That will not stop some scrote waiting for someone to arrive.. you're the 'soft link' in the delivery chain.

Sensationalist story in some tabloid rag in 3.. 2.. 1..

50/50 on Muggings or someone basically lifting one onto a van in some ingenious Traveller style manner.. or just dragging one away, many sparks.

I'm still keen on using the service myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The concerns of the goods getting nicked are as legitimate as the concerns of a postman being robbed. Postman aren't known for getting robbed so I highly doubt these boxes will be targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Amalgam wrote: »
    That will not stop some scrote waiting for someone to arrive.. you're the 'soft link' in the delivery chain.

Sensationalist story in some tabloid rag in 3.. 2.. 1..

100's of "soft links" pick up parcels from local sorting offices daily without a problem,why should these collection points differ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Ouch, if it gets hit for duty/customs, they'll just refuse it - I'd be worried about that happening.
    Great idea all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks OP, Credit is down to €7 now = 2 stays at the Parcel Motel.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I cant get past the phone part of registration?

Country Code (e.g. 353 in ROI) *

So i tried 353848xxxx
    and 35301xxxxxxx(not enough charachters to fit?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

I cant get past the phone part of registration?

Country Code (e.g. 353 in ROI) *

So i tried 353848xxxx
    and 35301xxxxxxx(not enough charachters to fit?)

You only put in the 353

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

What a great idea for a business.
    I think €3.50 per drop is about right. Anymore and it wouldn't be worth it really.

xtal191 wrote: »
    You only put in the 353

Thanks!
    But it still wont let me because when i do it says my phone is already registered and when i try again it says my email address is already registered!. I supose ill delete cookies and start again.

EDIT: Cookie clearage no good!. Sent them an email as it seems their system has taken my email address on and not me get to next phase or start over!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

^ same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Thanks!
    But it still wont let me because when i do it says my phone is already registered and when i try again it says my email address is already registered!. I supose ill delete cookies and start again.

EDIT: Cookie clearage no good!. Sent them an email as it seems their system has taken my email address on and not me get to next phase or start over!.

You're using a mobile number right? so 353861234567 etc.

They send you a verification code by sms

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Pity they dont then ship it onwards like Deliverme.ie do

I thought Deliverme were expensive when i used them before..

Quote from Deliverme
    We charge for the repacking (consolidation) but you only pay one delivery charge up to 25KG. For example, if you order 3 items and the total weight is less than 25KG, the cost is €22.00 for the first item and €5.00 for each additional item. Total cost in this case would be €22.00 + €5.00 + €5.00 = €32.00.

As opposed to €3.50 with ParcelMotel..

I know ParcelMotel Only deliver up to 10KG (Not an awful lot you'd want that would be larger), but i have a feeling I'll be using them a lot..:D

s.welstead wrote: »
    You're using a mobile number right? so 353861234567 etc.

They send you a verification code by sms

I did that initially but i got blocked and no sms

Then i believe you just put 353 into that field and your mobile into the next but the software tells me ive already registered the number. Then i email the company and she cleared my details and i tried again and im still blocked. Then i replied to tell her that just now and i get an out off office on annual leave reply and contact someone else so i cc'd the other person and am waiting a reply!.
    EDIT: Got great customer service after all and i was manually listed!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Same problem here. Cant login after the registration. I got the code as well by txt, all verified, everything went well. I even got a confirmation email. But now cant login.

When I try to recover password, it says enter a valid email address.

When I try to register again with the same email address it says its already in use. Tried with a different id but then it says mobile is already registered.

Sent a mail to the crowd but no response yet. Tried calling them on Fri but no one picked the phone first time. Second time someone picked and just disconnected without saying anything. Already not looking good.

@rounders123 - Do you have a _ (underscore) in your email by any chance?
    Thanks!

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Same problem here. Cant login after the registration. I got the code as well by txt, all verified, everything went well. I even got a confirmation email. But now cant login.

When I try to recover password, it says enter a valid email address.

When I try to register again with the same email address it says its already in use. Tried with a different id but then it says mobile is already registered.

Sent a mail to the crowd but no response yet. Tried calling them on Fri but no one picked the phone first time. Second time someone picked and just disconnected without saying anything. Already not looking good.

@rounders123 - Do you have a _ (underscore) in your email by any chance?

Thats strange. The girl today manually sorted it and emailed me my code. Didnt get a sms mind you but i am able to login no problem. No underscore in my email address at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TamTaRam

I tried to register (an hour ago), entered my mobile phone no. correctly, got through to the next step where I was to put the verification code but I hadn't received any yet :confused:

bren2001 wrote: »
    I imagine they are built to withstand a lot of damage. I know my local one is on a main road, somebody would hear and see them do it, its also two minutes from the local Garda station.

Its not anything innovative, this has been running in Poland for a while now and works perfectly.

I've been using this kind of delivery in Poland for over 2 years and it works great! Initially there was only 1 of those "post-machines" :D in my small town, now there are plenty of them, 2 are located just 3 minutes walk from my home (1 near Tesco store and the other one near a bus station). They are usually placed near big stores or petrol stations. So I guess there will be much more of them in Ireland too!

I've seen hundreds of them in Poland, all in perfect condition, never damaged.

And they look like that:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi guys just wanted to make sure before I order so I can order from next river uk and give the northen address on the site and pick up say in Rainey here in Dublin for €3.50 or do I give the Dublin address thanks great great thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hi guys just wanted to make sure before I order so I can order from next river uk and give the northen address on the site and pick up say in Rainey here in Dublin for €3.50 or do I give the Dublin address thanks great great thread

well if they only deliver to the uk then you use the northern ireland address and pick up down here or if they deliver to Ireland you can use dublin address. If, however, they are expensive for Irish delivery it could be cheaper to use the NI address and pick up down here.

Right im with ya so next do not deliver to Ireland so I put in the northern address and pick it up from Dublin somewhere like Rainey swords etc??? That's brilliant great link fair play guys and huge thanks for the reply I'm only NEW on this site and love it!!!!!

exactly.

Brilliant!!!!! Big thanks

bewhiched wrote: »
    I'm only NEW on this site and love it!!!!!

New on parcelmotel or boards? You've been on boards a couple of years and we are all new on parcelmotel as it is new! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Called in to the garage where my designated drop box is sited and it's actually on the forecourt, next door to the shop. I'd imagine it's secure enough there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement