Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

Esel wrote: »
    I know you are not happy, but could you not have dealt with this by PM?

hush it up you mean.

if people are allowed to post compliments here then complaints should also be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

green123 wrote: »
    hush it up you mean.

if people are allowed to post compliments here then complaints should also be allowed

Is there any possibility that he may have an incorrect mobile number set up on his account ? Probably unlikely but it could be something that simple.

EDIT: or a Faulty Locker??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

hush it up you mean.

No, I don't mean hush it up. The poster had already been dealing with Orla by PM. By all means tell us about the problem, but imo there was no real need to post that message in the forum.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

hush it up you mean.

We agree whole heartedly. Listening to all customer feedback is how we learn to improve our service. In this case the locker was faulty and it is a genuine complaint. We apologise and we're dealing with the customer on email.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Collected my first parcel last night, great service.

Not sure how much call for it there would be if it wasn't for the ability to use a UK address, but that is a potentially huge winner.

Hope the investment pays off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Know I'm been a bit cheeky but any chance of a mug? Am the op here :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Just got a leaflet from Parcel Motel dropped in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I am using amazon prime, so the parcel is guaranteed to be delivered on Thursday. Do you guys reckon it will be ready to collect on Friday? Cheers (I sent it to belfast depot, btw) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Have my 8th and 9th parcel on the way , great service indeed, saved a fortune.
    Maybe we should have a Separate thread with list of various UK sites that people have gotten bargains from strictly to parcel motel address?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

N64 wrote: »
    I am using amazon prime, so the parcel is guaranteed to be delivered on Thursday. Do you guys reckon it will be ready to collect on Friday? Cheers (I sent it to belfast depot, btw) :D

I've had two parcels delivered to the NI depot and both have been in my motel in Dub for 7am the next day, should be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

Saw one in Santry Co Dublin in the omni carpark at the side of the garage / mcdonalds & wondered what it was for, seems like a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Second delivery this morning ... excellent service. No mug though :(

Expecting 3rd delivery this week ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just a reminder to everyone that sometimes you may receive marketing literature from wherever you buy from and end up paying e3.50 for it, just like me today! :(
    Bloody Lovefilm free month ended up costing me...;-)

It was mentioned a few pages back that you should opt out of all marketing and to be doubly sure, email the vendor and tell them specifically not to send envelopes of marketing rubbish to your postal address!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^

Hmmmm.. didn't know about this.

Surely the term "Parcel Motel" would insinuate any marketing material / envelopes should just be discarded at the source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I guess someone could be buying cables or other 'enveloped' goods, but I get your point.

To be fair, I was using the address to get an account for a service but the warning still stands for any purchases - paying for junk mail really grinds the gears!

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is there any possibility that he may have an incorrect mobile number set up on his account ? Probably unlikely but it could be something that simple.

Got a laugh from your edit done at 13:08, as Orla posted that the locker was faulty at 12:28.... :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I got a mug but not by placing an order , but by entering the competitions they were running earlier this month to win Playstations , X Boxes , Nintendo ds. My chosen locker contained a mug and t shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Orla:

Do you reckon it would be possible for parcel motel to offer more comprehensive insurance on
    more expensive items in the future?

For example it might be an idea to have a tiered pricing system for same:

€3.50 for items with a value of less than €100
    €6.00 for items with a value of greater than €300 but less than €1000
    €9.00 for items with a value of greater than €1000 < €3000 Max

Or indeed have the option of having more expensive items remain in either
    the Dublin or UK branch awaiting collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

We agree whole heartedly. Listening to all customer feedback is how we learn to improve our service. In this case the locker was faulty and it is a genuine complaint. We apologise and we're dealing with the customer on email.

You're moving from farce to fantasy fiction (I've highlighted what I think is true):

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have conducted a full investigation into what happened with your parcel. After our discussion last night when you said you definitely couldn’t have deleted the text I asked our night driver to check the locker which contained your parcel as this is the first time something like this has happened and I was worried there was a technical problem. When he got there he could see that the locker was faulty and he had no option but to remove your parcel. We had planned on putting this back in this morning as you had indicated you would collect it later today, however you got to the machine before we did. We are happy to put it back in this afternoon or have it delivered to an alternative address free of charge. Please advise as to what you would like us to do? You have not been charged for this stay.

Kind regards

Orla

1. My reply - that I couldn't have deleted any supposed texts - was made by PM at 2AM this (Tues) morning. I doubt you read it then, and even more so that any night driver was dispatched at that hour to check for a possible "faulty locker ".

2. Even if my parcel resided in a faulty locker for a ten day "overstay"(uncharged) - why would any driver not simply place it into another locker and reissue a genuine PIN or if it had to be removed off site email or text this information similarly to me.

Your explanation makes no sense to me. What does seem totally plausible is that my parcel enjoyed an unexpected fortnights staycation in Newtownabbey and you hoped it would get to Milltown this afternoon before I did!

I received email notification this evening that it is now finally on site - I really hope it's the truth this time.

I know you are not happy, but could you not have dealt with this by PM?

I dealt with it by PM until the point I was lied to - given a fake PIN to go and collect what turned out to be a phantom parcel. Even ignoring the two week delay that's enough of a reason to escalate it and bring what is actually happening in one case at least to broader attention.

Please don't tell me I can't complain about the service in the dedicated Parcel Motel thread. If intruding reality offends your happy clappy sensibilities - avert your delicate gaze and don't read it ... more mugs and T-Shirts will be along soon anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Just a reminder to everyone that sometimes you may receive marketing literature from wherever you buy from and end up paying e3.50 for it, just like me today! :(
    Bloody Lovefilm free month ended up costing me...;-)

It was mentioned a few pages back that you should opt out of all marketing and to be doubly sure, email the vendor and tell them specifically not to send envelopes of marketing rubbish to your postal address!

Yikes I hadn't thought of that I get an awful load of ****e from companies I signed up to more than a decade ago.

eamonnq wrote: »

If I'd received my mobile verification number at registration by carrier pigeon rather than text ... you might have been on the money ;)

... but your clarvoyant skills on the "faulty locker" are seriously freaky ... ever considered you might have a late night TV3 psychic future ahead of you? :p

styron wrote: »
    Please don't tell me I can't complain about the service in the dedicated Parcel Motel thread. If intruding reality offends your happy clappy sensibilities - avert your delicate gaze and don't read it ... more mugs and T-Shirts will be along soon anyway!
    I'm only dignifying this with a reply to clarify that I never told you any such thing. Maybe if I used big characters you might have read my post correctly... :rolleyes:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Got a laugh from your edit done at 13:08, as Orla posted that the locker was faulty at 12:28.... :)

I probably should have left out the big 'EDIT:' bit though!!

Amazing the way Orla was able to check my suggested solution before I even made it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

First parcel is waiting for me at my motel. I find this service very needed. Bought parts on ebay, saved fortune. Ofcourse there might be teething problems, but really I can live with this.

Thanks for offering such a service, sending stuff through Belfast is faster than using Royal mail and anpost! (and cheaper)

styron wrote: »

You're moving from farce to fantasy fiction (I've highlighted what I think is true):

1. My reply - that I couldn't have deleted any supposed texts - was made by PM at 2AM this (Tues) morning. I doubt you read it then, and even more so that any night driver was dispatched at that hour to check for a possible "faulty locker ".

2. Even if my parcel resided in a faulty locker for a ten day "overstay"(uncharged) - why would any driver not simply place it into another locker and reissue a genuine PIN or if it had to be removed off site email or text this information similarly to me.

Your explanation makes no sense to me. What does seem totally plausible is that my parcel enjoyed an unexpected fortnights staycation in Newtownabbey and you hoped it would get to Milltown this afternoon before I did!

I received email notification this evening that it is now finally on site - I really hope it's the truth this time.

I've sent you a reply to this by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

if people want to complain here thats fair enough,but they should do it with a bit of tact,im sure orla and the crew at pm,are doing there best,remember pm is a new concept for us here in ireland,so like everything else,there will be teething problems,also for what its worth,i think its a great idea,as i said in one of my earlier posts,an idea so simple but handy.

Orla:

Do you reckon it would be possible for parcel motel to offer more comprehensive insurance on
    more expensive items in the future?

For example it might be an idea to have a tiered pricing system for same:

€3.50 for items with a value of less than €100
    €6.00 for items with a value of greater than €300 but less than €1000
    €9.00 for items with a value of greater than €1000 < €3000 Max

Or indeed have the option of having more expensive items remain in either
    the Dublin or UK branch awaiting collection.

Thanks for this suggestion. This issue has arisen on boardsa few times and we'll give your idea careful consideration. I'll try andsummarise our current position as follows though

We considered the level of liability (in the event of parcel theft, loss ordamage) carefully prior to launching the service. Our liability level wasarrived at based on the average value of typical online purchases.

The company behind Parcel Motel is Nightline. All Nightline facilities andprocesses operate to TAPA security standards. This is an internationallyrecognised and independently audited set of stringent security standards. See www.tapaemea.com for more information.Nightline is an award winning company that has an unrivalled reputation forsecurity and reliability.

If we think there is sufficient demand for a service with enhanced lability atadditional cost we will certainly try to add it as we assess and add furtherfuture features to our service.

I've PM'd you a more more lengthy reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Orla, any thoughts on my idea? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Well, I had an issue with a parcel going missing..

I dealt with Joanna directly via PM website, she was able to sort out the issue, communicated on a regular basis and I got the package and she refunded my fees...

I didn't shout, or tell anyone else (until now) and all is sorted.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement