Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

SteoL wrote: »

So is the consensus that everything is back to normal? No longer big delays?

Perhaps back to normal, but not business as usual..
    Many people upset about the Christmas debacle..
    Ok, it's clear there are a finite number of lockers, but the complete absence of customer service was woeful, and topped off with how their staff were treated, points to a very badly run company..

If I was in charge, I'd be doing a big PR job - free stays for everyone who used PM over Christmas, and the workers to get their promised vouchers.

Until then, I'm off to Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

SteoL wrote: »
    So is the consensus that everything is back to normal? No longer big delays?

Still a bit all over the shop for me in South Dublin motel.

Some things coming in a matter of hours after hitting Belfast, others 2 - 3 days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Parcel delivered by Amazon Logistics yesterday to Parcel Motel Antrim. Checked in to Dublin today. Didn't realise they worked Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I got a bargain on sports gear that should've cost 120 for €40 and got it sent to PM. Got an email from the Dublin depot with the pic on Thursday along with another email for a second item.

My notification came in on Friday and off I went to collect what I thought was my two packages in one locker. Just the second one was there.

Nothing heard since about the first package and the annoying thing is I can only claim €40 as the deal I saved a good few quid on is well over by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I got a bargain on sports gear that should've cost 120 for €40 and got it sent to PM. Got an email from the Dublin depot with the pic on Thursday along with another email for a second item.

My notification came in on Friday and off I went to collect what I thought was my two packages in one locker. Just the second one was there.

Nothing heard since about the first package and the annoying thing is I can only claim €40 as the deal I saved a good few quid on is well over by now.

PM never put 2 packages in one locker

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Last Friday the 6th January I finally received the parcel that had been missing since the 7th December. I have not had a single communication from the "customer service" and I still have an issue about two overcharges on my account re. this parcel. Anyway since this issue arose I have been using Address Pal and am happy with their service.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

bruschi wrote: »
    I wont be using them again anyway. Its not that I mind that they havent delivered my parcel yet, I didnt need it in any big rush. Its the fact that they just keep ignoring me about it. At least acknowledge, even a generic we'll do what we can and we are working on it blah blah blah response. But no, absolutely nothing from them. I've emailed and tweeted them again about it. 6 weeks is far too long to be sitting doing nothing.

they dont seem to give a crap about anyone, either customers or employees

Just as an update on this, I finally got a response. I emailed and tweeted a number of times again to try get a response. And in fairness to Parcel motel, it seems it wasnt their issue, the sender had the wrong address, so whilst the tracking said it was delivered there, it actually wasnt.

But again, as my point was, it took them nearly 8 weeks to respond to my query. they could have responded straight away and said they didnt have it and I could have done something about it in November. Whereas now I'm going after a seller way beyond when the parcel was due to be dropped. Their customer service leaves an awful lot to be desired and they seem to respond to people in completely random manner. Seems to be no organisation there at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

D'oh. Amazon have split my order into 3 parcels. Am using the Antrim address. The emails from Amazon say "A signature is required at delivery". Is this going to be an issue, or will the stuff still get to my locker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

D'oh. Amazon have split my order into 3 parcels. Am using the Antrim address. The emails from Amazon say "A signature is required at delivery". Is this going to be an issue, or will the stuff still get to my locker?

Parcel Motel will sign for the item. You will get charged for 3 parcels by PM however.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks. Yeah, good job I topped it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 alk8113

I returned my parcel (the paid PM label and collect+ label have been attached on the box) to Collect+ UK last Thursday (5 Jan) and I have received the message said "Thank you for using the Parcel Motel sending and returns service..." since I put the parcel into the locker. However, I have never received any updated message and even any tracking history in my account so far...and no tracking history on Collect+ as well. I have sent them two email and only got the automatic replies...
    Any similar experience you got recently?

alk8113 wrote: »
    I returned my parcel (the paid PM label and collect+ label have been attached on the box) to Collect+ UK last Thursday (5 Jan) and I have received the message said "Thank you for using the Parcel Motel sending and returns service..." since I put the parcel into the locker. However, I have never received any updated message and even any tracking history in my account so far...and no tracking history on Collect+ as well. I have sent them two email and only got the automatic replies...

You won't get any updates(I didn't) but package will be delivered no problem

FixitFelix wrote: »
    You won't get any updates(I didn't) but package will be delivered no problem

Thanks FixitFelix:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I used the return service a couple of times both to littlewoods

1st I generate the Collect+ return label myself on the website, in that level it should have the tracking number for Collect+

2nd I used the return label that came on my littlewoods order, in that case I got an email from parcelMotel when parcel was handed over to Collect+ with the relevant tracking number.

nava wrote: »
    I used the return service a couple of times both to littlewoods

1st I generate the Collect+ return label myself on the website, in that level it should have the tracking number for Collect+

2nd I used the return label that came on my littlewoods order, in that case I got an email from parcelMotel when parcel was handed over to Collect+ with the relevant tracking number.

Thanks! Hopefully I can get the handover message soon. But five working days passed I got nothing...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks! Hopefully I can get the handover message soon. But five working days passed I got nothing...:confused:

We put in the locker on Saturday, we got a message straight away, and PM updated, the next status on the Parcel Motel was on the 10th Location PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN with Status Outbound we got the email about parcel handed over to Collect+ yesterday afternoon.

what tracking can you see on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Anyone any idea what 'Customer stored' means on the status line for a parcel that was meant to be delivered to me!!

Have emailed PM but of course have heard nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I have a PM within walking distance of my house and on my dog walking route , at Xmas my motel was moved to another motel , not a big deal and they were busy at Xmas so I just hoped in the car to collect it.
    I then went into settings and saw they had changed the new motel to my preference motel .
    I changed it back , Got a new delivery and it had gone to new further motel on me , so i collected and went to settings and changed my preference again
    Now another delivery and it has happened again , as I said not a huge deal but annoying and at this time of year you would expect no reason for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Having moved to DPD, I still have not got a response from them re an overcharged item to my account. DPD has been faultless so far and stuff delivered to my house on time. Glad I made the switch to be honest now.

I'd say they have lost quite alot of customers at this stage.

Webbs wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what 'Customer stored' means on the status line for a parcel that was meant to be delivered to me!!

Think it means the shipper have logged it and printed off the label but haven't put it to PM yet, usually when things are sent from PM customer to PM customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Webbs wrote: »

Its in your assigned motel.

Tue 3 Jan Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Wed 4 Jan Parcel Motel Parcel stored
    Wed 4 Jan Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

I have a PM within walking distance of my house and on my dog walking route , at Xmas my motel was moved to another motel , not a big deal and they were busy at Xmas so I just hoped in the car to collect it.
    I then went into settings and saw they had changed the new motel to my preference motel .
    I changed it back , Got a new delivery and it had gone to new further motel on me , so i collected and went to settings and changed my preference again
    Now another delivery and it has happened again , as I said not a huge deal but annoying   and at this time of year you would expect no reason for it.
    This happened to me. They backend system they use never seems to update saved data.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Has anyone got a suggestion of how to order from Currys PC World? Online is rejecting my paypal as my billing address doesn't match delivery address (Parcel motel) If I I try to set a different billing address I only get the option for UK address and post code. Item has 42% off in North, nothing off in south. Grr.

deezell wrote: »
    Has anyone got a suggestion of how to order from Currys PC World? Online is rejecting my paypal as my billing address doesn't match delivery address (Parcel motel) If I I try to set a different billing address I only get the option for UK address and post code. Item has 42% off in North, nothing off in south. Grr.

Did you add the PM address to your PayPal account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Use a VPN with the location set to the UK. Had the same problem buying my tablet. They do a location check at the checkout to make sure you're in the UK, they don't seem to check your billing address vs your cc address as I used mine no problem without adding PM as a temp address. Get it delivered by Parcel Wizard as PC World use DPD for shipping, should get it a little quicker.

Did you add the PM address to your PayPal account?

Can't add a UK address as far as I can see. Only ROI counties in the list.

Use a VPN with the location set to the UK. Had the same problem buying my tablet. They do a location check at the checkout to make sure you're in the UK, they don't seem to check your billing address vs your cc address as I used mine no problem without adding PM as a temp address. Get it delivered by Parcel Wizard as PC World use DPD for shipping, should get it a little quicker.

To get a UK ip over a VPN I need to subscribe to a VPN Service? When you ordered you used a UK address as your billing address I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

To get a UK ip over a VPN I need to subscribe to a VPN Service? When you ordered you used a UK address as your billing address I presume?

No, you can use a free vpn service like Tunnel Bear or Vypr.

Used my Parcel Motel address for both the billing and delivery addresses.

Can't add a UK address as far as I can see. Only ROI counties in the list.

I have it in my account

• Advertisement

I have it in my account

OK. I've managed to do that. I just ignored the select county part. Thing is I got an email from PayPal on my first attempt authorising the payment, but it said they were awaiting withdrawal by currys. Then the transaction was flagged as cancelled in my PayPal account, so I think the issue is with IP as sniper says. I'll try vpn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement