Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

Always read the small print !!! I have had to pay for extra long items too but always collected from their depot in Finglas to save on the extra charge they are providing a great service though, so in the long run you are bound to save

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Please use sticky PM thread, Merging with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It has always been the case with oversized items that you get charged the initial locker charge plus a charge for collecting from your local Depot. The 3rd charge for opting to let PM deal with the manic traffic and do the donkey work for you has always been there too!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening, we are expecting two packages via PM. I logged into our account today and the first appears to have arrived at the PM depot but it has been marked as cancelled, twice, with two separate tracking numbers. Any ideas? This has not happened to us before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd expect a text in the next few hours. When I post on Sunday, it gets collected Monday from Motel, nothing happens Tuesday I get the text Wednesday saying they have it and it gets delivered Friday.

I think my €230 return has vanished...no updates since the 1st..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Oat23 wrote: »

Have you tried tracking it on nightlines website to see if you can get the UK Mail tracking code. Normally outbound will then be followed by export, although sometimes this status is skipped. This is from Dublin, I would imagine it goes from Sligo to Dublin. Hopefully its exported from Dublin today

You can read about how to do it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

With returns its previously been found that tracking stops in Antrim. Its just handed to RM and not signed for.

Itll arrive if/when it arrives. This is why I wouldnt touch PM for the other direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Just saw this was sent by Collect+. You won't be able to track it using UK Mail then thats only for the send to uk service. I have had Collect+ parcels sit in a black hole for 3-5 days before suddenly appearing on the Collect+ site. Can you track it on Yodel.co.uk yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks like everything is alright. Checked the 16 digit code displayed under the barcode on the label I got from Amazon and it shows up on the collect+ tracking :)

Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone find a way around using Parcel Motel address for items where it won't allow the standard Parcel Motel address?

e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01C6DXMX0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Villain wrote: »
    Anyone find a way around using Parcel Motel address for items where it won't allow the standard Parcel Motel address?

e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01C6DXMX0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Why doesn't it allow it? It says it's fine for me...

Typically the NI shipping restrictions are in place for items that are not allowed in the plane - LiOn batteries, Perfumes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

grogi wrote: »
    Why doesn't it allow it? It says it's fine for me...
    It did not work for me with PM, it did work with addresspal.

That device is battery operated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

so could use addresspal?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Villain wrote: »
    so could use addresspal?
    Pretty sure its against their rules, but others have reported getting stuff like this through before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Is there a delay in NI for stuff being sent down south?

Package arrived in PM NI on Friday (Text from DPD confirmed) but I haven't heard anything from PM regarding it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hey Folks,

I'm looking to buy a tv in argos up north who obviously don't deliver down south. I'm thinking of getting parcel motel to deliver it.

Has anyone ever done this before? I think they charge around 30 quid to deliver to your preferred location which isn't to bad considering I'm saving a few hundred quid on the tv.

Any experience in doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Up the insurance.

Sound. I presume that's to do with accidental damage if it happens during transit with PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hannaho

Hi1

One of my children bought a piece of camera equipment on Amazon. They used Parcel Motel for the first time, i.e. Parcel Motel was supposed to deliver from UK to Northern Ireland and then down to Ireland. However, the parcel was never delivered - it is now seven days late. It was devilled to Parcel Motel Northern Ireland, but never got to Parcel Motel Dublin. Amazon said it's not their problem. Parcel Motel, despite several emails to them, have not answered our questions as to where the package is - what can we do in this situation. Has anyone else had this experience with Parcel Motel. This is our first time to use them. I had heard they were great, but now I don't think I would use them again . There seems to be no telephone number, and only standard answers to standard questions via email. Would welcome any suggestions/advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

How long ago did amazon dispatch the item? There's a 'Finds my parcel' facility when you log in. Have you tried that?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This will be merged when Nava comes along.

Did your kids put the address in correctly? Ie:

PM11111111 Their Name
    Parcel Motel
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    POSTCODE

If its not labelled correctly itll be left until they can work out who its destined for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Thread Merge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hannaho wrote: »
    Hi1

One of my children bought a piece of camera equipment on Amazon. They used Parcel Motel for the first time, i.e. Parcel Motel was supposed to deliver from UK to Northern Ireland and then down to Ireland. However, the parcel was never delivered - it is now seven days late. It was devilled to Parcel Motel Northern Ireland, but never got to Parcel Motel Dublin. Amazon said it's not their problem. Parcel Motel, despite several emails to them, have not answered our questions as to where the package is - what can we do in this situation. Has anyone else had this experience with Parcel Motel. This is our first time to use them. I had heard they were great, but now I don't think I would use them again . There seems to be no telephone number, and only standard answers to standard questions via email. Would welcome any suggestions/advice.

You say it was delivered to Parcel Motel in NI? So amazon now have nothing to do with it as it was delivered to the destination.

Did you correctly enter the PM address including your PMID?

If not then they will still try their best to match it to your account, what is showing up on your PM account, has the package showed up there?

Best bet is to get in contact with ParcelMotel, preferably through their twitter or other social network presences.

Worst case scenario try ring Nightline stating what is going on and demand to try be transferred to someone from ParcelMotel, might not work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Best bet is to ring parcel motel and speak to a human. Leave twitting s**te to Donald Trump. Have your Amazon dates, supplier name, UK Carrier and tracking numbers at the ready. If it got to Newtownabbey it will have been transferred to North Dublin depot but may not have been scanned . Check your order details on amazon and see what address was used. Not unusual for the PM ld to vanish off the UK carriers labels even if it's embedded in you amazon UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Anyone having problems with parcel motel at the moment? I can see they signed for a parcel on Thursday but it hasn't shown in my account. Their support won't write back unless I say something on twitter and even the twitter staff seem to be ignoring people at the moment. Not filling me with confidence at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with parcel motel at the moment? I can see they signed for a parcel on Thursday but it hasn't shown in my account. Their support won't write back unless I say something on twitter and even the twitter staff seem to be ignoring people at the moment. Not filling me with confidence at the moment...

Received a few parcels a week or so ago. Items showed up as cancelled in my online account but the arrived a my collection point. As an aside, does anyone know whether PM accept packages from boohoo.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

No reason why they wouldn't - unlike UK it's free Boohoo delivery here on orders over €40. Delivery charges are cheaper too to ROI than UK - so best use the D11 address than route it through Newtownabbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

Hey, I used always use PM with UK orders, but with the delays before Xmas I stopped using them for a few weeks. Thinking of using them again, are there still serious delays? If so has anyone any experience with AnPosts AddressPal, how long does it take? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Hey, I used always use PM with UK orders, but with the delays before Xmas I stopped using them for a few weeks. Thinking of using them again, are there still serious delays? If so has anyone any experience with AnPosts AddressPal, how long does it take? Thanks

See the warning in an earlier post about being hammered by address pal if your packet is a molecule larger than the max size. It jumps from €3.50 to €20+. Pm is €3.95, then €7 for oversize. I've had a 60" enormous tv table flatback needing two to lift brought down to depot for €7 following free UK delivery. It was something like £26 for direct delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

deezell wrote: »
    See the warning in an earlier post about being hammered by address pal if your packet is a molecule larger than the max size. It jumps from €3.50 to €20+. Pm is €3.95, then €7 for oversize. I've had a 60" enormous tv table flatback needing two to lift brought down to depot for €7 following free UK delivery. It was something like £26 for direct delivery to Ireland.

You got lucky... It would be very difficult to find a party at fault if that TV turned out broken in the box because of mishandling...

I would have paid that €20 more to have it shipped with one shipment, not two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

grogi wrote: »
    You got lucky... It would be very difficult to find a party at fault if that TV turned out broken in the box because of mishandling...

I would have paid that €20 more to have it shipped with one shipment, not two.

It was a TV Table.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement