Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

grogi wrote: »
    You got lucky... It would be very difficult to find a party at fault if that TV turned out broken in the box because of mishandling...

I would have paid that €20 more to have it shipped with one shipment, not two.

Ah, it was a TV table, big corner avf brand in a flat pack. I'd be cagey about buying in a telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Ive never used parcel motel before and Id like to know if I can get a parcel left for additional time before I collect it.
    I would pay for this service if its available.

Basically I live far enough away from any PM site so I might not get to it in 48 hours - I could only maybe get there at weekends.

Is there an option to pay extra to have a parcel left for an additional 2 or 3 days - Can this be arranged on the date of delivery or does it have to be paid well in advance?

Thanks

dball wrote: »
    Ive never used parcel motel before and Id like to know if I can get a parcel left for additional time before I collect it.

Basically I live far enough away from any PM site so I might not get to it in 48 hours - I could only maybe get there at weekends.

Is there an option to pay extra to have a parcel left for an additional 2 or 3 days - Can this be arranged on the date of delivery or does it have to be paid well in advance?

Thanks
    3.95 a for an additional 2 days max, (but parcel is returned to depot and you have to get itsent back to the motel) then parcel goes back to main depot. thats 7.90 for two stays of 48 hours so it would be better to pay the home delivery charge of 7.95. Its charged on standing order from your account credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

dball wrote: »

Thanks

Have a look at DPD parcel Wizard, they deliver to your selected address home, friend, work, etc, they also have the option to drop to a collection point.

Also Addresspal by Anpost you can collect from local post office, they are stricter with oversize parcels, also measurements are smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Used Parcel Wizard this week to send a parcel. Dropped at start of the week..but the parcel still hasn't been collected for delivery yet. Got the stock response back from them that a ticket has been opened and we'll be in touch. Going to try Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 abuzzo

Hi,
    I bought a package from Amazon and requested Parcel Motel to deliver it to me but they lost it.

After a month they were able to track the problem in their side. After another month they proposed to reimburse me with a cheque. After that last contact they simply ignored me.

It's being four months since they lost my package. I open a follow up ticket every week asking for any update but they keep ignoring.

Does anybody got a similar problem? Any advice?

I will NEVER use their service anymore. I'm recommending to everyone to NOT use their services.
    If they lose your package you will NOT get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

abuzzo wrote: »
    Hi,
    I bought a package from Amazon and requested Parcel Motel to deliver it to me but they lost it.

After a month they were able to track the problem in their side. After another month they proposed to reimburse me with a cheque. After that last contact they simply ignored me.

It's being four months since they lost my package. I open a follow up ticket every week asking for any update but they keep ignoring.

Does anybody got a similar problem? Any advice?

I will NEVER use their service anymore. I'm recommending to everyone to NOT use their services.
    If they lose your package you will NOT get your money back.

Small Claims Court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Did you get the pin with the text? Check the motel first, it technically with you once you have the pin to the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Does top-up credit expire after a certain period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So after using Parcelmotel since day one, at an average of 4 visits a week (around 5K), I have now moved to Parcelwizard. 3 packages lost in the last 6 weeks and it's taken on average, 11 days for them to respond to each one (per query, still not resolved), I simply cannot continue to use them.

Horrendous customer service.
    Zero response rates.

I'm happy to pay ParcelWizard instead. As someone who uses this service at a serious amount, their lack of customer service is horrendous. *Text removed by OP*

I cannot risk any more packages going missing or "disappearing".

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

antodeco wrote: »
    [Courtesy Self-Snip]

Jesus, thats pretty serious if they're just straight pilfering now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

ED E wrote: »
    Jesus, thats pretty serious if they're just straight pilfering now.

Yup, but on hindsight it wasn't the smartest me putting anything up. Would you minding removing my quote? Don't want to cause any legal issues! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Does top-up credit expire after a certain period?
    Not sure, I am guessing you also got this email
    If you top up by €15 before 10th March 2017, we will give you a free stay*.
    Seems to be linked to my account so not for all people.

If you are topping up remember says are 3.95, so if you top up by €15.80 that is 4 stays.

I think they do this on purpose so if you top up by just €15 you would be left with money in your account, and in the past you could not just top up by 80cent, there was a min of €10 or something.

This might have all changed now though as you can use the credit card. Just be mindful of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

antodeco wrote: »
    Yup, but on hindsight it wasn't the smartest me putting anything up. Would you minding removing my quote? Don't want to cause any legal issues! Thanks :)

I had a door lock worth £80 'disappear' before Xmas - had to order another one. PM couldn't care less.
    Antodeco, you should be able to delete the post yourself - hit the edit button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

I sent a parcel to Swansea a week ago from Dublin costing 16€! Seven days to get there. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody having trouble paying to send parcels today, or topping up? Not accepting my card despite plenty of funds on it and used it loads of times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I pay as you go with a registered card on my PM account I got the email for the top up by 15 euros and get a free visit and as recommended on here I topped up by 15.80 but my balance stayed 0.00 if I look at the balance history at 11.50 I can see the 15.80 credited followed by the free 3.95 stay at 11.51 there is a -15.80 and a -3.95 bringing my top up balance to 0.00! I checked my online PayPal account and says the order for 15.80 is pending. There must be something up with their payment provider

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Not that I'm complaining but I got a parcel delivered then Amazon emailed to say they cant deliver it and are refunding me.....its in my hall :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SAPC2017

I received a notification today at 12p.m. that my account balance was low and that I needed to top up my account. I topped up immediately.

I’m having my parcel delivered to the Texaco on Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Anyone know the likelihood of it being delivered to the locker this evening?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

SAPC2017 wrote: »
    I received a notification today at 12p.m. that my account balance was low and that I needed to top up my account. I topped up immediately.

I’m having my parcel delivered to the Texaco on Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Anyone know the likelihood of it being delivered to the locker this evening?!

I got a notification that I didn't have enough in my account to cover 3 packages at 5.30 today. I paid pretty quickly and got notification the packages were in the locker just before 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Been using Parcel Wizard for a few months as Parcel Motel has gotten so slow. Decided to give them a try again. Item was delivered on Monday morning to PM. Got the email that afternoon. Still hasn't been stored in the locker.

Meanwhile, had an item delivered to PW this morning and got the confirmation it'll be delivered to me tommorow morning.

Just going to stick with PW from now on. PM was such a great service when it started but unfortunately it now barely resembles how it was when it launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

How long on average does it take when I send a parcel to get to the receiver? I've just started to use parcel motel to send parcels, I found them really fast to get parcels from amazon but since I've used it to send it's been taking 3-4 days, is this normal??

happypants wrote: »
    How long on average does it take when I send a parcel to get to the receiver? I've just started to use parcel motel to send parcels, I found them really fast to get parcels from amazon but since I've used it to send it's been taking 3-4 days, is this normal??

Up to a week, but recently it has been much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

grogi wrote: »
    Up to a week, but recently it has been much faster.

Really! Why so slow I wonder? It's not much cheaper than An Post for small/ medium parcels I'm not really seeing the appeal to use it, I think I'd be more inclined to send by registered post with An Post at least then it reaches the recipient the next day. Am I missing something other than it can be used 24/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Really! Why so slow I wonder? It's not much cheaper than An Post for small/ medium parcels I'm not really seeing the appeal to use it, I think I'd be more inclined to send by registered post with An Post at least then it reaches the recipient the next day. Am I missing something other than it can be used 24/7?

If it was next day you'd understand the cost, but its not. I tried it once and will never again. Took 10 days to arrive. And that was during the summer. It would have been cheaper and quicker with an Post

No, you are right. PM is much cheaper for bigger and heavier parcels though.

You can have a heavy box of 8kg delivered for €4.50, while AnPost would charge you at least 4 times that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

For the casual user or if you can plan for very leisurely deliveries it's good value esp. UK ( eg. 10 KG - almost 1/3 An Post charges).

Faster delivery would undercut the parent company Nightline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement